Results of Armed Bout #1 (with Log)

Drache's newspaper of current events and social functions.

All of the in character news is found here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Nymphetamine
Admin
Posts: 601
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 1:09 pm
Preferred Title: Marog the Destroyer
Characters: Aezra
Azalia Stygian
Eliya Almakira al-Fasaad
Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak
Location: Seattle, WA

Results of Armed Bout #1 (with Log)

Post by Nymphetamine » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:30 pm

After a long, hard battle between Elan Tedronai, armed with dual daggers and William Ka'ana'ana, armed with a kuntham, our hometown boy, bounty hunter Tedronai was declared the winner! All of Drache celebrated a brilliant open to the tournament at the King's Inn, the Black Dragon, with the first round on the house paid for by tournament host, Marnath ul-Oryan Nesepix.
Last edited by Nymphetamine on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nymphetamine
Admin
Posts: 601
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 1:09 pm
Preferred Title: Marog the Destroyer
Characters: Aezra
Azalia Stygian
Eliya Almakira al-Fasaad
Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Results of the Armed Bout #1

Post by Nymphetamine » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:10 pm

(06:08:40 pm) <@Nymphetamine> ((Sorry, slow on the intro post, it's coming! Spectators can intro as they would like.))
(06:08:48 pm) * Nymphetamine sets mode: +vv Elan`Tedronai William_Ka`ana`ana
(06:10:50 pm) <@Nymphetamine> The Drache Arena is a large, enclosed stadium-esque building with a series of raised, wooden bleachers surrounding an oval shaped, packed earth field. Sand had been carted up from the beach at regular intervals to give the ground a slight bit more give, but it wouldn't do much to cushion any falls from combantants this day. Entrances to the field were on the north, and south sides, fenced off --
(06:10:50 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- from the stands. Mages hired by the Privy Council were in place to maintain the anti-magic field that enveloped the field, preventing the use of magic, as well as the usage of magical items. Any enchanted weapons, armour, talismans or other gear was rendered mundane while on the field. This shield or shell extended into the first rows of the audience seating, if only to prevent anyone from --
(06:10:50 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- playing with the edges, and trying to get a fire spell to work, or some such. Combatants were checked for their registered weapons and armour, and sent to opposite entrances of the field while the host, Marnath ul-Oryan Nesepix, a novice to the roll of commentary and hosting, began to extoll the long tradition of the Tournament of Martial Skill. He even apologized for the lack of the tourney in --
(06:10:50 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- the last few years, citing civil growth and what not. "And now introducing our first bout. Our very own Elan Tedronai, hailing from Drache, he comes to represent our fair city. Let's give him a warm welcome!" A sweeping arm moved to indicate the southern side of the arena. As Elan stepped out, the crowd responded favourably, cheering loudly for their homegrown champion. Gesturing for it to --
(06:10:50 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- settle down, the man patiently waited and then gestured to the north. "His competitor, one William Ka'ana'ana, from the Reshalian Empire..." There was a pause, as he looked towards his assistance, and heard over his magically amplified voice, "The what empire?" When he realized that that had been projected, he had the good graces to at least look sheepish. The audience cheered and --
(06:10:50 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- clapped as William stepped out from the north side, though it was obvious the locals favoured their own. As instructred, the two combatants had been told to meet in the center, shake hands, and wait for further direction from the host.
(06:11:11 pm) <Veraques> Count the Native, Veraques, amongst the rabble. He wouldn't be so easy to blend into the crowd, but he would find his place amongst the cries sooner than later. He avoided all others, he contempted the idea of social interaction. He was here for the bloodshed, and bloodshed alone.
(06:11:19 pm) <Ravynetti`Tivaurd> Somewhere in the crowd, a grim faced boy of around ten, terribly pale, and wrapped about in a black cloak takes a seat. He sits in silence, watching with eyes burning with luminous blue flames.
(06:12:46 pm) * Daien ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(06:13:17 pm) <@Nymphetamine> ((Rules are posted here: http://www.arangoth.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=61 if you're unfamiliar with them. If you need the intro post to the tourney, PM me.))
(06:14:58 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai> Stepping out at the sound of his name, the bounty hunter scanned pit of dirt that surrounded him. His belt bristled with knives of assorted sizes and uses. Straddling either side of his waist rested two warn but sturdy daggers. The wooden grip of each of the fang like instruments was darkened from use smooth to the touch. His eyes were chips of ice, and narrow like a hawks as he strolled --
(06:14:58 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai> -- towards the fence which separated fighter from spectator. The subtle applause that was given to him was about as he had expected. He was a relative unknown in these parts, and this was precisely what he wanted. When the last palm has silenced, he spit on the ground before him and went about rousing the crowed in his own special way. "People of Drache, and people from afar, I am Elan Tedronai, --
(06:14:59 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai> -- and I am here to fight, not for your honor, not for grace of the empire, but to show this Reshalian Dog the grit of Drache made manifest. Lift me to victory, will you?!" He called, pulling curved blades from their resting places, and whipping them round in a well practiced fashion before folding them under his arms, bowing and stepping aside, awaiting his opponent's own --
(06:15:00 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai> -- display.
(06:15:39 pm) * +Elan`Tedronai is wearing your standard leathers, tried and true.
(06:16:46 pm) <@Nymphetamine> (( We'll be fighting to 7 points, first person to 7 will win this bout. Please keep track of your score in your nick after every "round" of attack and defense. Roll in channel by typing `roll 1d20. Jer, feel free to roll Intiative. ))
(06:17:11 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai> `roll 1d20
(06:17:13 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai> ..
(06:17:18 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai> `roll 1d20
(06:17:19 pm) <GameServ> Elan`Tedronai rolled 1d20: 8 <Total: 8>
(06:18:18 pm) <Kooky> << Luhque >> The dragoness murred, a spiky female on the smallish side, fitting right in up front. Luhque wanted to be up close, and that was as close as she could get. It was too odd to try and sit, so she picked to stand, which was easy enough for her size to not be in the way of others viewing. Brilliant violet eyes watched the arena battle ground with keen interest.
(06:19:29 pm) <Neskessa`Dalakis> The last few days be damned, Neskessa would not dare miss the tournament. She was perched on the front row of the wooden seats, her hands clasped in her lap as she watched the host, one Marnath, make his grand announcement of those battling today. Elan Tedronai whom she did not know.. and one William Ka`ana`ana whom she knew well. When Elan neared the fence seperating her from the pit - she --
(06:19:30 pm) <Neskessa`Dalakis> -- boo'd. Come now, of course the redhaired woman boo'd at him! She was clearly cheering for the other side. She did not seem to really fit in with the crowd here, in that she was wearing skirts and a corset and looked quite put together - but that's how the actress preferred to show her face. Now, when William came out - she was off her feet, cheering for him with clapping hands and --
(06:19:31 pm) <Neskessa`Dalakis> -- whistles.
(06:20:33 pm) * +William_Ka`ana`ana holds his left fist up high as he makes his entrance before letting it peel open into a wave for the entirety of the crowd. The man knew full well he was a foreign competitor, and strange to their lands, but their muted acclaim did little to mar his brilliant smile. He was today a man in black, but not in his usual wares. No, he had traded them for full parade armor this day, a rare sight outside their home of Resh
(06:20:38 pm) * +William_Ka`ana`ana holds his left fist up high as he makes his entrance before letting it peel open into a wave for the entirety of the crowd. The man knew full well he was a foreign competitor, and strange to their lands, but their muted acclaim did little to mar his brilliant smile. He was today a man in black, but not in his usual wares. No, he had traded them for full parade armor this day, a rare sight --
(06:20:39 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana> -- outside their home of Resheel. Laminar armor draped his massive caramel form along resplendant and polished with bracers and leg greaves to compliment. It was a right good display piece, but for stand up speed was not the greatest choice. It was more to present the lacquered eagle of the Reshalian empire along his breast in vibrant gold and crimson. At military readiness was the spear crooked --
(06:20:39 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana> -- into his right elbow, a weapon from his homeland. Steel-boned, it was far more utilitarian in origin, far less flashy. His ebon brows quirk upward ever so slightly at Elan's unusually aggressive introduction, but it didn't take him much off his game. "Good people of Arangoth, I come here to honor your traditions and pay my respects to your people, on behalf of the great Empire of Resheel. Long --
(06:20:39 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana> -- may our inimitable countries stand strong and proud. For this, and for you, I fight. Let it bring us both to glory." He salutes, tradition taking form fist to chest to the crowd, then to Elan. "Good hunting, old boy."
(06:21:08 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana> `roll 1d20
(06:21:09 pm) <GameServ> William_Ka`ana`ana rolled 1d20: 14 <Total: 14>
(06:23:55 pm) <@Nymphetamine> Marnath Nesepix allowed the two combatants to make their introductions, to explain why they fought, and looked generally pleased with himself. He was a larger man, obviously eating well, and seemed quite amused by the proceedings so far. Turning to his assistant, he reached for the brilliant red square of silk that rested on a tray for this precise reason. Plucking at it, he turned to the --
(06:23:55 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- arena. "When this hankie has hit the sand, you may begin. May the best man win!" He held it out over the rail, and with some deliberation, gave them a moment to prepare themselves before dropping it.
(06:24:13 pm) <@Nymphetamine> (( William will begin first. ))
(06:27:13 pm) * +William_Ka`ana`ana hadn't given his competitor much time to ready up. Maybe it was for the insult. Perhaps Elan should have chosen his words better. Or perhaps he really just didn't see much point in waiting around to see what the other man had to offer. It was clear enough he had the range with his kuntham spear as tall as he was, giving him an impressive range that could cover twice his body length. That range --
(06:27:14 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana> -- was in full display just then as with a flick of the wrist his spear drops into both hands and he takes off in a rush. The man had speed and long legs to his advantage in a blink he had a goring thrust primed and ready, the tip whizzing straight towards the other man's collarbone with frightening precision.
(06:27:18 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana> `roll 1d20
(06:27:23 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana> `roll 1d20
(06:27:25 pm) <GameServ> William_Ka`ana`ana rolled 1d20: 14 <Total: 14>
(06:27:41 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai> `roll 1d20
(06:27:42 pm) <GameServ> Elan`Tedronai rolled 1d20: 7 <Total: 7>
(06:28:30 pm) <@Nymphetamine> Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak was in attendance, sitting beside the flame haired actress, looking somewhat tense and stressed out, though certainly not about the procedings that she was going to be watching this evening. She was dressed neatly in a button down jacket in blood red, almost military cut and styled with its brass buttons and double breasted style. White hair was styled elegantly and --
(06:28:30 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- swept off her face, her makeup and jewerly much the same as it always was. She didn't show as much enthusiasm for the Reshalian, though she did get to her feet and clap politely. A show of solidarity and little else, that much was obvious.
(06:31:02 pm) <@Suzthulhu> ((Once you've scored a point, please note it in your nick, ex: William_Ka`ana`ana-1 or something like that.))
(06:32:18 pm) <Rriss`Pehn> The Isska shouldered his way through the crowds till he was right at the edge of the combat field. He didnt have his hood up today, and even the spines of his usually relaxed crest were raised partly in anticipation of the coming duel. He vaguely knew the Captain, but had no idea who the other man was so he'd pick his side based on that fact alone.
(06:32:34 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai> The man's words were spoken true to form; as chivalrous and proper as the gleaming armour he wore would suggest. At his well mannered personal acknowledgment of Elan, Tedronai merely winked, and turned, walking some paces away. As Marnath spoke his piece and dropped his hankerchief, his competitor launched into him without hesitation. He hadn't caught Elan off his guard, for certain, he was just --
(06:32:35 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai> -- bloody fast, his attempt to parry was futile, and with a rough blow, the spear punched into his leathers, gorging out a fine hole and biting into his flesh. "BLOOD AND ASHES!" Elan bellowed pulling his shoulder free. As the man recoiled and sat, Elan, with quick slash, attempted to bypass his spear and drive head long into the man, driving in shoulder first and wrapping an arm firmly around --
(06:32:36 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai> -- William, in an attempt to knock the wind out of him as much as to take him to the ground.
(06:32:42 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai> `roll 1d20
(06:32:43 pm) <GameServ> Elan`Tedronai rolled 1d20: 6 <Total: 6>
(06:32:52 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana> `roll 1d20
(06:32:57 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana> `roll 1d20
(06:32:58 pm) <GameServ> William_Ka`ana`ana rolled 1d20: 4 <Total: 4>
(06:33:19 pm) * William_Ka`ana`ana is now known as William_Ka`ana`ana-1
(06:33:35 pm) * Elan`Tedronai is now known as Elan`Tedronai-1
(06:38:37 pm) * +William_Ka`ana`ana-1 had overextended himself and he knew it. Particularly with an opponent you didn't know, it was foolhardy to jump out of the gate with a strike out of proportion until he knew your foe's strengths and weaknesses. Because more often then not, the battle was rarely over in a single strike. In the back of his head, he was glad the Commandant was not in attendance this evening, for there'd be no --
(06:38:37 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-1> -- end to the ire thrown his way for poor form. Rocked back by the parry he attempts to flick the butt of the spear back around to threaten, but wasn't expecting the man to be a brawler. With a mighty, rumbling 0*Unnf0* of a forced exhale he takes a clean tackle from Elan, but not much worse thankfully. Whipping spear overhead he digs the point into the sand behind them to stop Elan's --
(06:38:37 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-1> -- momentum against him and kick off a twist of his hips, trying to force the latched Elan onto the ground.
(06:38:45 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-1> `roll 1d20
(06:38:45 pm) <GameServ> William_Ka`ana`ana-1 rolled 1d20: 1 <Total: 1>
(06:38:48 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-1> `roll 1d20
(06:38:49 pm) <GameServ> Elan`Tedronai-1 rolled 1d20: 7 <Total: 7>
(06:41:28 pm) <Neskessa`Dalakis> Neskessa cheered when William's blow landed on Elan - she clapped her hands together excitedly and nudged Siraz with her elbow, as if to say ' look at that! '. Her excitement for the successful hit was short lived when Elan returned his own tackle; Neskessa cried out some curse that was hardly appropriate for young ears, luckily there was no young ears around to her knowledge. With a fist in --
(06:41:29 pm) <Neskessa`Dalakis> -- the air, shaking at the gods above - she screamed out.." C'mon, William! "
(06:43:56 pm) <@Nymphetamine> "A vicious exchange!" Marnath could be heard saying as he watched the proceedings, apparently quite the bloodsport enthusiast. "Looks like our homegrown competitor has this..." A slight pause as his assistant leaned forward to whisper the name of the country again in his ear. "Elan is more than the Reshalian had bargained for!" He changed up what he was going to say --
(06:43:56 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- midsentence while he had to be told how to describe William. This might be his first, and only tournament if he kept messing things up like this. Poor Marnath.
(06:45:13 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-1> William was a man of grace and finesse, at least that's what Elan had hoped. Elan had little in the way of those particular skill sets. More suited to a back alley chase and brawl than chivalry and knighthood, Elan would make an advantage out of a disadvantage if he could. Narrowly moving his head out of reach of the butt of the man's spear, he managed his attack, having lifted William from --
(06:45:15 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-1> -- his feet to slam into the ground. The man went to roll Elan into the ground, but Elan spread his roping legs and dug into the dirt as best he could, steadying himself. Raising the dagger up high over his head, the man drove the rounded, blunt pommel of his dagger down towards Ka`ana`ana's face (helm?).
(06:45:21 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-1> `roll 1d20
(06:45:22 pm) <GameServ> Elan`Tedronai-1 rolled 1d20: 18 <Total: 18>
(06:45:32 pm) * Elan`Tedronai-1 is now known as Elan`Tedronai-2
(06:45:34 pm) <Rriss`Pehn> "Elbow sssmasssh hisss fassse!"
(06:45:40 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-2> (apologies)
(06:46:01 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-1> `roll 1d20
(06:46:01 pm) <GameServ> William_Ka`ana`ana-1 rolled 1d20: 14 <Total: 14>
(06:49:36 pm) * MunInFull ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(06:52:24 pm) * +William_Ka`ana`ana-1 was in an ugly spot. The kuntham at his side was certainly an asset, but only so long as he could keep his opponent at maximum distance, and he'd let that fly right at the window now that they'd devolved into a bar fight. The sky in his eyes, he rushes to push back the stars that floated in his eyes as a burst of adrenaline flows into his system. He was not built for this sort of direct --
(06:52:24 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-1> -- aggression, despite his overwhelming size. Damaged but not out of the fight, he tosses aside his grip on the spear, a useless thing at this moment and he need the free hand to cover his face. Snacking Elan's forearm against his own bracer-clad one, he manages to avoid a crushing pommel hit, but not improve his position. Kipping-up, he rocks the man over him with a single lurch of his hips, an --
(06:52:24 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-1> -- attempt to knock the man off his base and leave him vulnerable to a reverse in their positions.
(06:52:31 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-1> `roll 1d20
(06:52:32 pm) <GameServ> William_Ka`ana`ana-1 rolled 1d20: 1 <Total: 1>
(06:52:56 pm) * Rriss`Pehn didnt care now, the other man was a grappler and this made the Isska even more excited, so much so, his brilliantly colored crest was fully raised giving him a more savage appearence. Now he really wanted the man to win and hoped he could win his bout as well so he might have a chance to face the brawling Elan in the pit.
(06:53:10 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-2> `roll 1d20
(06:53:11 pm) <GameServ> Elan`Tedronai-2 rolled 1d20: 17 <Total: 17>
(06:53:23 pm) * Elan`Tedronai-2 is now known as Elan`Tedronai-3
(06:54:34 pm) <Ravynetti`Tivaurd> The pale child's eyes glimmer as he watches from the stands, studying the tactics, or relative lack thereof. A bemused smile crosses lips that are quickly chilling to a dull grey-blue color. Now this was just fun to watch.
(06:56:31 pm) * Elan`Tedronai-3 is now known as Elan`Tedronai-2
(06:58:16 pm) <Veraques> Already, William was his favorite. He seemed to be about keeping it in close and personal, utilizing his body as the weapon and not trusting the steel he could use. The crowd may cheer, but Veraques was quiet and calculative. The close-quarters combat; the sheer power through the body, had him on the edge of his seat. Of course, he was standing, so by seat he meant heels of the boot.
(07:01:02 pm) <@Nymphetamine> (( Scores are accurate. You can break up your defense and attack posts if you need to. ))
(07:04:48 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-2> Elan once again dug into his position, resisting the toss and brought the pommel of his blade once more high above his head, attempting to knock the man as unconscious as he could. Drubbing the senses would hopefully have a lasting effect, and then he would finally bring his blades to bare.
(07:05:01 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-2> `roll 1d20
(07:05:02 pm) <GameServ> Elan`Tedronai-2 rolled 1d20: 12 <Total: 12>
(07:05:13 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-1> `roll 1d20
(07:05:13 pm) <GameServ> William_Ka`ana`ana-1 rolled 1d20: 12 <Total: 12>
(07:05:28 pm) <@Nymphetamine> (( Jer, reroll. ))
(07:05:31 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-2> `roll 1d20
(07:05:32 pm) <GameServ> Elan`Tedronai-2 rolled 1d20: 1 <Total: 1>
(07:05:35 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-1> `roll 1d20
(07:05:36 pm) <GameServ> William_Ka`ana`ana-1 rolled 1d20: 9 <Total: 9>
(07:05:47 pm) <@Nymphetamine> Siraz couldn't help but to grin faintly at the turn of events, though she at least hid it from Neskessa, a slight turn of her head as if she was following the action. The Reshalian losing this bout would be a spot of sunshine in her otherwise dark and gloomy week so far, and she would not be displeased to witness it. Hands folded neatly in her lap, and she waited patiently, the magelights of --
(07:05:47 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- the salle shining on dark skin.
(07:07:56 pm) <@Nymphetamine> Marnath cheered loudly, and it was obvious that like most of the crowd, he was favouring Elan. Grinning, he leaned forward towards the rail, watching the bout with an eagerness that was somewhat overzealous. "Looks like we've gone from Armed, to Unarmed, folks!" he said with obvious glee. The man clapped his hands and at least kept some impartialness in not cheering for Elan by name.
(07:11:38 pm) * +William_Ka`ana`ana-1 was in a very rare turn of events. It was an uncommon occasion when the man in black had not a smile on his lips. The combination of adrenaline and raw annoyance at this turn of events was becoming too much to simply allow to pass. Like a bear that had been poked once too many times, he roars and twists beneath the man before digging his massive hands into the man's attacking wrist, stopping --
(07:11:39 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-1> -- the attack with cords of muscle, and with a snarl, launches the fellow straight clean off him in a sudden diplay of strength. Up to his feet in a flash, the man would have spear in hand and a target in mind along Elan's flanks even before the other fellow had a chance to get back to his feet.
(07:11:43 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-1> `roll 1d20
(07:11:44 pm) <GameServ> William_Ka`ana`ana-1 rolled 1d20: 14 <Total: 14>
(07:11:57 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-2> `roll 1d20
(07:11:58 pm) <GameServ> Elan`Tedronai-2 rolled 1d20: 6 <Total: 6>
(07:12:53 pm) * William_Ka`ana`ana-1 is now known as William_Ka`ana`ana-2
(07:18:52 pm) * Karismun ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(07:19:22 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-2> His attack blunted and his body launched, Elan lost his grip on one of his daggers, which flew up into the air, landing harmlessly flat in the dirt aside the two of them. Before he could gather his senses, a sharp pain scored it's way into his flank, bypassing leather and digging into the meat of his trunk. A growled curse spat forth from the bounty hunter, elongated by the burn of the cut. --
(07:19:23 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-2> -- When the spear was forcibly pulled free, Elan lost his balance and dropped to a knee. Quick as he could muster, he hobbled up, fist gritting in the dirt below him before whipping his arm as hard as he could, slinging a large quantity of dirt and grit towards Williams eyes as he could, once again attempting to swipe the blade away. This time, there would be an armed attack. The healers were on --
(07:19:24 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-2> -- site, were they not? His dagger came sweeping towards the elbow of his opponent.
(07:19:27 pm) * Neil_McCasland is now known as geth
(07:19:30 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-2> `roll 1d20
(07:19:31 pm) <GameServ> Elan`Tedronai-2 rolled 1d20: 10 <Total: 10>
(07:19:43 pm) * Karismun is now known as Karis_Lockehart
(07:19:45 pm) * @Suzthulhu ([email protected]) has left #blkdragon*arena
(07:19:56 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-2> `roll 1d20
(07:19:56 pm) <GameServ> William_Ka`ana`ana-2 rolled 1d20: 12 <Total: 12>
(07:21:20 pm) * ``` ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(07:21:24 pm) <Neskessa`Dalakis> Neskessa pressed her hand over her mouth, fingers fanning over her lips as she tried not to gasp or curse anew. " That's it, William. THAT'S IT!" Neskessa was screaming again. She had meant to sit back down but the woman found that her butt did not stay on the wooden bench seat long before she was back on her feet, screaming in William's favor and cursing Elan every chance she got.
(07:25:20 pm) <Rriss`Pehn> "Pressss the advantage, Captain!" The Isska was leaning over the edge as much as he could, shaking one fist and cupping his other hand around his mouth to aid in shouting over the crowd. He did seem pretty fickle about just who he was rooting for.
(07:26:35 pm) * +William_Ka`ana`ana-2 was back on point, in prime position, having staggered his foe with a dangerous lash that left the tip of his steel mired in grisly crimson. A few fell droplets stained the sand that bore their battle. He was far better prepared for the type of fighting Elan had to offer this second sortee, and wasn't so eager to engage the man in a bit of dirty pool. The sand brings a flinch, but it was a --
(07:26:35 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-2> -- disciplined move, turning his head away just long enough to keep his vision from being irritated. When Elan came at him, the defense was swift and punishing. The tip of the spear 0*CLANGED0* against the blade Elan sent his way, stopping it for the heartbeat he needed to whorl his spear overhead. 0*CLANG0* He knocks it aside with the butt, breaking open a line of attack. --
(07:26:35 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-2> -- 0*Fffss0* The air is cut with a sharp whistle as point is brought back around to slash out at the man's dominant arm.
(07:26:41 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-2> `roll 1d20
(07:26:41 pm) <GameServ> William_Ka`ana`ana-2 rolled 1d20: 11 <Total: 11>
(07:26:52 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-2> `roll 1d20
(07:26:52 pm) <GameServ> Elan`Tedronai-2 rolled 1d20: 9 <Total: 9>
(07:27:09 pm) * William_Ka`ana`ana-2 is now known as William_Ka`ana`ana-3
(07:32:46 pm) <@Nymphetamine> "What a dirty play, Elan!" But it didn't sound as though Marnath actually disapproved of this. There was a hint of admiration that seemed to be prevelant in the man's voice, bemused that the bounty hunter would resort to such a thing. Then again, Elan was the sort of fighter that wouldn't play fair if he could get away from it. The crowd was behind the tactic, but this might have been --
(07:32:46 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- entirely due to the fact that Elan was one of theirs. Poor William didn't seem to have much of a chance of getting the crowd behind him, despite him doing better so far than Elan.
(07:34:43 pm) <Kooky> << Luhque >> "We need more bloodshed!" Luhque suddenly chimed in, shifting upon her feet as she danced in place. Excitement coursed through her veins as she observed, uncertain of who to root for beyond who'd bleed less.
(07:36:48 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-2> The clang of metal jarred Elan, nearly sending him to the ground once more. As his arm twisted wide from recoil, his haunch and shoulder both ached from the holes punched in each. Swung wide, he was an easy target, and as William's blade came hissing down from the heavens, it sliced through his leathers like butter. Well honed, that thing must be. Another howl of pain ripped through Elan's --
(07:36:48 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-2> -- lungs as the blade tore tore open his arm. What was left of his leathers became warm and sticky. William had missed tendon, luckily, but Elan's arm was not going to be of much use. The pain bit at the muscle, dulling it's ability. Not unaccustomed to using his off-hand, though more accustomed to using both at the same time, Elan switched his dagger to his left, pulling a knife from his belt, --
(07:36:49 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-2> -- hoping it would assist him in defense. This William character didn't muck about, that much was certain. Once more Elan attempted to fend off the huge spear the man had, going once again for the joint of William's crooked arm. The one that had been punching holes in him like some sort of pincushion.
(07:36:57 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-2> `roll 1d20
(07:36:58 pm) <GameServ> Elan`Tedronai-2 rolled 1d20: 6 <Total: 6>
(07:39:26 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-3> `roll 1d20
(07:39:27 pm) <GameServ> William_Ka`ana`ana-3 rolled 1d20: 5 <Total: 5>
(07:40:01 pm) * Elan`Tedronai-2 is now known as Elan`Tedronai-3
(07:47:39 pm) * +William_Ka`ana`ana-3 was at least giving the crowd the blood sport these sort of games usually clamored for as he quickly pulls away from the contact, not lingering any further in the hit on Elan than he absolutely had to. His style was fairly transparent: He wanted this fight to end with death from a thousand cuts. Or at least in this instance an unconditional surrender. Rather than aiming for organs-- as the --
(07:47:39 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-3> -- spear was probably most suited for-- he was aiming to bleed the man out. The kuntham whorls like a steel windmill, moulineting hypnotically. Again the man came rushing at him, and again the Captain did his best to keep the bounty hunter at bay, but his defensive stop-thrust went wide off the mark. His brows raise as he realizes his miscalculation, and is forced to try to deflect the dagger with --
(07:47:39 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-3> -- his forearm bracer with limited success. Perhaps unfortunately for the crowd, he didn't so much as make a noise beyond a bestial growl as the steel bit into his bicep, the inch of meat unprotected by steel. In a flash of rage, the man lifts a boot and kicks Elan square at the chest. Pushing him far enough away so he can whip around with spear wildly in left hand for any point it can gut while --
(07:47:39 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-3> -- his right sensitizes to the pain.
(07:47:44 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-3> `roll 1d20
(07:47:45 pm) <GameServ> William_Ka`ana`ana-3 rolled 1d20: 13 <Total: 13>
(07:47:51 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-3> `roll 1d20
(07:47:52 pm) <GameServ> Elan`Tedronai-3 rolled 1d20: 15 <Total: 15>
(07:49:22 pm) * ``` ([email protected]) has left #blkdragon*arena
(07:52:03 pm) <Rriss`Pehn> "What arrre you doing?! Leg sssaheep him! Finisssh it!" Who was he yelling this too was anyone's guess.
(07:56:34 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-3> The man was stickin' him something proper. Elan was bleeding worse than he had ever recalled, from multiple points along his body. He wasn't out of it, not by a long shot, but at least two of these wounds were not going to close on their own, and those with good eyes in the crowd would see the armor of his left leg stained brown; roseate beads dripping from his right elbow. An audible OOMPH --
(07:56:35 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-3> -- ripped from Elan's throat as William booted him backward. His eyes caught the flash of metal as Ka`ana`ana's spear ripped through the air once more. The tip of the spear hissed across Elan's hide-wrapped stomach, just barely slitting the fabric. As William followed through with his blow, both hands gripped in an axe-handle fashion around the pommel of his duty-worn dagger, and Elan closed --
(07:56:36 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-3> -- distance once more, bringing the dagger cutting downward, attempting to punch through the armor covering the back of his exposed shoulder.
(07:56:45 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-3> `roll 1d20
(07:56:45 pm) <GameServ> Elan`Tedronai-3 rolled 1d20: 13 <Total: 13>
(07:56:52 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-3> `roll 1d20
(07:56:52 pm) <GameServ> William_Ka`ana`ana-3 rolled 1d20: 1 <Total: 1>
(07:57:09 pm) * Elan`Tedronai-3 is now known as Elan`Tedronai-4
(08:03:36 pm) * +William_Ka`ana`ana-3 had attempted to stop the man's advance with that thrust, but Elan had an impressive amount of resiliency. He was hardly ambidextrous, though proficiency with a switch-hand weapon gave him some credit. The weight of the spear just didn't sit right in the off hand for very long. It made him slower to react, and it showed as he took a vicious cut that was barely kept from a fight ender by virtue --
(08:03:36 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-3> -- of reflexive step to the side, turning a laceration into a deep cut that flayed off his hauberk unpinning and a goodly flap of skin, leaving it to hang ugly and raw and bleeding. That sting was worthy of a sharp inhale, and he laughs away some of the pain-- deep and booming cutting through the arena-- before grunting into a hurl, throwing his entire weight into the back of his left fist as his --
(08:03:36 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-3> -- spear transfers back to his good hand.
(08:03:40 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-3> `roll 1d20
(08:03:40 pm) <GameServ> William_Ka`ana`ana-3 rolled 1d20: 18 <Total: 18>
(08:03:45 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-4> `roll 1d20
(08:03:45 pm) <GameServ> Elan`Tedronai-4 rolled 1d20: 7 <Total: 7>
(08:03:56 pm) * William_Ka`ana`ana-3 is now known as William_Ka`ana`ana-4
(08:11:12 pm) * {[ ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(08:13:00 pm) * Neskessa`Dalakis is now known as C-Zombie
(08:15:02 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-4> Elan was trying to give as good as he got, and with that, he felt he had settled the score a bit. He had underestimated William, certainly, and as the Ka`ana`ana loudly laughed away the pain that HAD to pierce through him (Elan cringed himself, he'd rather the puncture wounds to the flaying of skin, for certain) Elan turned to the crowd, raising his blade to them before bringing it down --
(08:15:03 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-4> -- forcefully, flinging a mist of blood from the gleaming metal. The droplets perforated the dirt at his feet in a perfectly straight line. He had only turned his back to William for a moment, attempting to rouse the crowd and get them behind him even more. Turning round to face his opponent once more he saw little more than a grim face and a spearpoint flashing towards his face. Bringing his knife --
(08:15:04 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-4> -- up once more, attempting to catch the blade and glance it harmlessly away, he missed his stroke, and the spear pierced cleanly through Elan's wrist. His knife was dropped instantly, his right arm a complete ruin. He didn't have time to lick his wounds, he didn't have time to grasp his wrist like he had wanted. He simply tucked the limb behind him and stood sideways, his dagger-armed left hand --
(08:15:05 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-4> -- out in front of him, his last line of defense. He had to do something about this spear, 'else he would not be finishing this fight. He feigned a frontal assault to hopefully draw the mans spear out in defense once more, or perhaps for a counter attack, and, teeth set and gritting with pain, he attempted the feign, stopping suddenly and swinging once more towards the Captain's --
(08:15:06 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-4> -- strong-arm.
(08:15:11 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-4> `roll 1d20
(08:15:11 pm) <GameServ> Elan`Tedronai-4 rolled 1d20: 5 <Total: 5>
(08:16:05 pm) * iliili ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(08:16:28 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-4> `roll 1d20
(08:16:28 pm) <GameServ> William_Ka`ana`ana-4 rolled 1d20: 8 <Total: 8>
(08:23:05 pm) <Rriss`Pehn> "Bah! Get in clossse you fool! Dissstanssse isss hisss weapon! Take it away, yesss!" The Isska was now pounding the railing with some bit of fury, as all this blood sport was awakening the primal parts of his brain and Isska nature. Oh, he would be eating well this night just to slake his thirst for more blood and carnage.
(08:23:25 pm) * +William_Ka`ana`ana-4 was a rush of bloodlust and adrenaline as he finds himself shaking off the vicious dredges of pain that were bringing his sense to full alertness. That cheshire grin was back on the man's face, such a common experience outside of the arena, a brilliant flash of white teeth against his caramel skin, but for Elan, a perfectly dazzling display-- the bounter hunter could see the look in his eyes. --
(08:23:25 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-4> -- "You fight well! You are an honor to your people, Elan Tedronai. No matter where the day goes, hold your head up high. You skirmish with a Reshalian warrior and hold your ground." He almost looked like he would salute, if it weren't for the fact that he needed both his hands to stay in control of the weapon wounded as he was. The tip hunkered low, blood dripping freely from its tip, and --
(08:23:25 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-4> -- baring down in a defensive crouch-- a warning threat if ever there was one. Whipping out, he rose to the bait, trying to snap up the man's feint, but when Elan pulls back, all the bounty hunter finds is the butt of the spear glittering through the air as it catches the pale moonlight, slapping aside the dagger. A heartbeat later, it went for the face, the blunted end of the instrument honing --
(08:23:25 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-4> -- straight in for the soft fleshy bits.
(08:23:34 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-4> `roll 1d20
(08:23:34 pm) <GameServ> William_Ka`ana`ana-4 rolled 1d20: 6 <Total: 6>
(08:23:53 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-4> `roll 1d20
(08:23:53 pm) <GameServ> Elan`Tedronai-4 rolled 1d20: 12 <Total: 12>
(08:34:22 pm) <@Nymphetamine> The Isska down below the host and commentator's box seemed to be drawing some attention. Marnath leaned over towards his assistant, and with a whisper, sent the young man away. Within moments of disappearing from the box, the assistant was down in the stands, coming up to Rriss with a curious and amusing requesting. It would seem that the man who had been favouring Elan was intent on inviting --
(08:34:22 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- Rriss up to the box for a spectacular view of the bout. It was entirely up to Rriss, of course, but the assistant made it clear that he could have his voice amplified to commentate the bout with Marnath. "The Reshalian's banter might cost him the match!" Or so he could hope. No doubt, there was a good deal of betting going on for these matches, and the gambling houses, legal and illegal, --
(08:34:22 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- were going to glut on the outcomes.
(08:34:42 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-4> As gritty as Elan was, he was not above mutual respect, and Ka`ana`ana had earned it, certainly. They probably wouldn't become friends afterwards and swap war stories with one another, mostly because Elan was more of a criminal than a warrior, and had only recently took up an honest trade. But Elan nodded to the man's call, responding as only he would and could, "You do your people some --
(08:34:43 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-4> -- service, Captain. Your honor is not lost on the fine people of Drache!" Now drop that spear, please? The words weren't muttered, but he had to find a way to keep this battle close. Nearly done in once more, the bounty hunter was knocked off balance by the force with which the Captain defended his blow, and countering Elan's attack, the spear was brought around as easily as a stave. Elan --
(08:34:44 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-4> -- brought all the force he could muster to block the attack with his dagger, hoping to split the damn spear in half. Successful in his block, Elan brought a boot back and growling in pain as he twisted his torso, he sent the boot towards William's knee, hoping to catch him off guard and stagger him, and possibly hobbling him if his blow landed just so.
(08:34:51 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-4> `roll 1d20
(08:34:52 pm) <GameServ> Elan`Tedronai-4 rolled 1d20: 17 <Total: 17>
(08:35:23 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-4> `roll 1d20
(08:35:24 pm) <GameServ> William_Ka`ana`ana-4 rolled 1d20: 8 <Total: 8>
(08:35:32 pm) * Elan`Tedronai-4 is now known as Elan`Tedronai-5
(08:40:27 pm) <@Nymphetamine> Siraz continued to watch the match with far more decorum than her human friend, who was practically frothing in concern and worry that things would end poorly for the Reshalian captain. She was polite and showed interest in the proceedings, but overall, she didn't seem to have much vested in the outcome of the fight. Disarming Ka'ana'ana, while difficult, might prove the beginning of the end --
(08:40:27 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- of the match.
(08:43:58 pm) * +William_Ka`ana`ana-4 caught the dagger-parry clean, fully stopping his blow. Unfortunately for Elan, the steel that lent the weapon such immeasurable heft to its punches was more than a match. In all likelyhood the dagger blade was in worse shape for the wear, being thrown so violently against a blunt instrument such as the haft of the kuntham the Captain was wielding. Where Elan was more successful, though was in closing the gap bet
(08:44:04 pm) * +William_Ka`ana`ana-4 caught the dagger-parry clean, fully stopping his blow. Unfortunately for Elan, the steel that lent the weapon such immeasurable heft to its punches was more than a match. In all likelyhood the dagger blade was in worse shape for the wear, being thrown so violently against a blunt instrument such as the haft of the kuntham the Captain was wielding. Where Elan was more successful, though was in --
(08:44:04 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-4> -- closing the gap betwixt them, giving him the opportunity to take the shot against his lower body. He takes the hit clean, only some of the impact being absorbed by the plated legwraps he wore. The armor he brought today was segmented and provided little coverage for exposed joints like the knee. He snarled a bit as he staggered back, though fortunately for him the rapid-- slightly awkwardly --
(08:44:04 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-4> -- crippled-- retreat brought Elan back into his spear's optimal range. It whorled up, a glistening arc as it bobbed behind him and straight up, a brutal underhand slash with gyroscopic momentum behind it-- cutting at that leg, or under an arm, or perhaps even right under Elan's chin.
(08:44:09 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-4> `roll 1d20
(08:44:09 pm) <GameServ> William_Ka`ana`ana-4 rolled 1d20: 9 <Total: 9>
(08:44:10 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-5> `roll 1d20
(08:44:11 pm) <GameServ> Elan`Tedronai-5 rolled 1d20: 15 <Total: 15>
(08:46:16 pm) <@Nymphetamine> Azalia Dragonsbane was also in attendance this evening. The journeyman healer with a unique talent that would make her invaluable if these proceedings grew too bloody or dangerous. She was seated with one of the mages and her husband, in the healer's green that most of those at the House of Healing wore, her dark hair braided in a long queue over one shoulder. If she had a bag of her --
(08:46:16 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- professions' accoutrements, it was tucked under the bench she sat on.
(08:50:55 pm) * Rriss`Pehn turned to the man and very nearly bit his nose off for his trouble. But well disciplined as the Isska martial artist was, he reigned in his bloodlust long enough to give the man a toothy grin. "Rriss'pehn invited to overrrsssee match? Ooo, yessss Rriss'pehn asssept thisss honorrr, yesss. Pleassse lead way, yesss." And with that, the Isska left the edge of the pit to follow
(08:50:55 pm) * Rriss`Pehn the man up to the commentator's box.
(08:54:42 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-5> CLANG! Elan hadn't paid much attention to the man's armaments, and when his dagger met the metal shaft of the kuntham, sparks flew like those of the illuminator's magics, and Elan's body vibrated like a bell. While the blade had effectively blocked the attack, it gave way to the sheer force of the swing, cracking in half and looking like some type of miniature cleaver. Elan dropped it without --
(08:54:43 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-5> -- hesitation. It was a cheap thing anyway, and while Elan was reduced to knives, he had plenty of them, and they were good at finding chinks in plate. Before he could re-arm, William had moved back into range, and arcing towards him once more was that damned spear. Right arm nearly useless, the man could only balance himself and even that was becoming difficult, due to the amount of blood that was --
(08:54:44 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-5> -- dripping from him. He needed to act quickly, his vision would soon begin to tunnel, and at that point, he would be at the Captain's mercy. Once more, just barely in time, Elan rocked backwards, and felt the wind off of the spear as it sliced through air just above his collarbone. Elan rushed in once more, just as the spear had cleared and bringing a knife to bare in his left hand, Elan slashed --
(08:54:45 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-5> -- at the underarm of Ka`ana`ana's swinging limb, and if his blow landed, he would leave the blade sticking in the man, producing another from his belt.
(08:54:51 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-5> `roll 1d20
(08:54:51 pm) <GameServ> Elan`Tedronai-5 rolled 1d20: 19 <Total: 19>
(08:55:03 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-4> `roll 1d20
(08:55:03 pm) <GameServ> William_Ka`ana`ana-4 rolled 1d20: 10 <Total: 10>
(08:55:39 pm) * Elan`Tedronai-5 is now known as Elan`Tedronai-6
(08:56:17 pm) <Pigasus> "Kill him! Tear that outlander's head off!" Alim Kassad yelled from the stands.
(08:57:52 pm) <@Nymphetamine> Rriss was lead up to the host's box, where he was introduced to Marnath Nesepix, who was effusive in his praise. He was given a seat beside him, taking up the spot that was reserve for his assistant (that poor man), and even offered a glass of whatever liquor that Marnath was drinking. "Now what did you say your name was?" he asked Rriss with a grin. But he turned back to the match, --
(08:57:52 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- another smirk on his lips. He got to his feet and clapped his hands enthusiastically in appreciation for Elan's skill. "Get him, Elan! Get him!" Meanwhile, the assistant was handing Rriss a talisman that would amplify his voice for the entire salle to hear him.
(08:58:45 pm) <Rriss`Pehn> Now properly situated with the hobnob types, the beastly Isska was all toothy grins and "Pleasssed to be meeting you, yesss." But then well he was right there, at the edge of the box watching the match again. "Crrripple his arrrm! Hissss pointy ssstick isss no good one handed! Sssaheep hisss leg, you daft monkey!"
(09:02:05 pm) * +William_Ka`ana`ana-4 hisses violently as his spear does the same instead of iliciting the ugly thunk that came with steel when it made contact with bone. The noise he was hoping for. The weapon whorled around baring ready for another attack with serpentine grace, but it wasn't fast enough to bring the point back around and keep Elan from closing the distance. True fire burned through his veins as Elan made off --
(09:02:05 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-4> -- with the first really, truly damaging strike of the evening. The fire quickly bloomed into a tingling, uncomfortable numbness that began in the fingertips and worked its way backward up his limb. He had lost a tendon in the exchange, the knife a brutal trophy now his as it sunk into his body and was left there. Sheer reflex and the overwhelming desire to kill drove him to wrench that knife out --
(09:02:05 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-4> -- of his own body with an audible 0*thock0* with his left hand and drive it straight towards the man, where the shoulder met the neck. Bleeding him out was apparently no longer on the menu.
(09:02:09 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-4> `roll 1d20
(09:02:10 pm) <GameServ> William_Ka`ana`ana-4 rolled 1d20: 13 <Total: 13>
(09:02:13 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-6> `roll 1d20
(09:02:13 pm) <GameServ> Elan`Tedronai-6 rolled 1d20: 14 <Total: 14>
(09:08:01 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-6> Elan was a bloodied mess, and not much longer for this fight at all. He would press on, though, he wouldn't stop until he collapsed. This much was certain. Winning this match was more to him than winning, it meant contracts. If he could stand toe to toe with the Captain, then he could certainly hold his own against those whose bounty he sought. There he had all the advantages. If he actually --
(09:08:02 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-6> -- WON the fight, it would secure more contracts than he would know what to do with. The his right arm was completely numb at this point, hanging at his side. This blow would have to put Ka`ana`ana away. Elan was haggard, and his slouch showed it. When the Captain pulled the blade from his arm, Elan's mouth visibly dropped open, and the next thing he knew, the blade was coming for the meat at his --
(09:08:03 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-6> -- neck. Elan ducked below the thrust and countered with a sweeping stab of his own, aimed at the Captain's neck, looking to end the fight here and now.
(09:08:12 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-6> `roll 1d20
(09:08:12 pm) <GameServ> Elan`Tedronai-6 rolled 1d20: 5 <Total: 5>
(09:08:43 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-4> `roll 1d20
(09:08:43 pm) <GameServ> William_Ka`ana`ana-4 rolled 1d20: 17 <Total: 17>
(09:13:03 pm) <Rriss`Pehn> "What arrre you doing?! Cut hisss knee! Lame him!" Just which of the two he was now screaming at for everyone to hear was unclear as they were now in the endgame of the bout. He did lean back long enough to give Marnath Nesepix a bit of his attention. "Rriss'pehn isss enjoying new ssseat, yesss. May Rriss'pehn have sssome mead, yesss?"
(09:15:28 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd is now known as TheRavynsleep
(09:15:30 pm) * TheRavynsleep ([email protected]) has left #blkdragon*arena
(09:16:55 pm) * +William_Ka`ana`ana-4 had the devil's own grin plastered on his face as he was reduced to not much more than barbaric instinct. It was in the way he moved, the way he looked, and the way he struck. Conscious thought was evaporating under the barrage of fight-or-flight instincts, and the island man was far too veteran to surrender to the later. When the knife found no purchase he simply choked up on the weapon and --
(09:16:55 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-4> -- readied himself for more. There was little he could do to keep the spear at his side from dropping. His right arm wouldn't have been able to strike with any precision anyways. His legs, though-- those legs still worked. He jukes backward and a thin red line blossoms on his throat having missed by just. that. much. Dropping low, he hunkers down and staggers the other fellow back with his bum --
(09:16:55 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-4> -- shoulder before out comes the bounty hunter's own knife-- there was skill in the man's short swordplay, a weapon he was familiar with. The tip flashed up and in, arrow-focused on the solar plexus, the soft tissue the ribs no longer had any say over.
(09:16:58 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-4> `roll 1d20
(09:16:59 pm) <GameServ> William_Ka`ana`ana-4 rolled 1d20: 3 <Total: 3>
(09:17:10 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-6> `roll 1d20
(09:17:10 pm) <GameServ> Elan`Tedronai-6 rolled 1d20: 9 <Total: 9>
(09:18:05 pm) <@Nymphetamine> (( Due to time constraints, we're gonna go to sudden death rules: No more defense rolls. Two swings/attack rolls per turn. Good luck, gentlemen. ))
(09:19:38 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-6> (( Just for clairty, my character is getting 2 (two) attacks in one turn? Or I'm rolling attack, then Dodgey's rolling attack? ))
(09:19:59 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-6> (( IE - Next roll wins ? ))
(09:20:37 pm) <Rriss`Pehn> "Drrraah him out, make him overrr extend then, ssstrike hisss arrrmpit! Why they danssse arrround ssso much, Marrrnath? Isss wasssting enerrrgy and blood." He actually turned his head to look at Marnath though he kept a reptilian eye trained on the fight as he started his commentator's banter
(09:20:57 pm) <@Nymphetamine> (( Yeah, you know, Igor didn't really explain that part that well. Let's call it on the next roll. You both get an attack roll, no defense rolls. ))
(09:21:16 pm) <Rriss`Pehn> (Higher is better, I know this game)
(09:21:17 pm) <Veraques> Veraques still votes for William.
(09:21:22 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-6> `roll 1d20
(09:21:23 pm) <GameServ> Elan`Tedronai-6 rolled 1d20: 17 <Total: 17>
(09:21:27 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-4> `roll 1d20
(09:21:27 pm) <GameServ> William_Ka`ana`ana-4 rolled 1d20: 7 <Total: 7>
(09:23:10 pm) <@Nymphetamine> "FINISH HIM." Marnath called out, not entirely paying attention to Rriss just yet. his bloodlust was up as much as the Isska's, apparently. Finally, he looked to his new reptilian friend, perhaps finally realizing that the lizardman was on the lists for another bout later in this week. "Oh, I don't know why, my new found friend! Very strange!"
(09:30:16 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-6> Elan was on the verge of shock. His extremities nearly numb, his vision tunneling. The void called to him, whispered his name, and blinking, chills ran up his spine. Was this what death felt like? Missing his thrust, the men nearly grappled, muscles tired and burning. Trying to position himself in vane to best take the blow he heard the grit of metal on metal. In his wincing he had stood as --
(09:30:16 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-6> -- straight as he could, and instead of cutting at his chest, the blade caught and scratched against one of the few remaining knives that bristled around Elan's stomach. Jerking wildly and bringing his arm up once more, he sought one last blow, and found his mark, driving the blade between the Captain's chin and shoulder, his fist pressing firmly against William's neck.
(09:30:25 pm) * Elan`Tedronai-6 is now known as Elan`Tedronai-7
(09:30:47 pm) <+Elan`Tedronai-7> (( Apologies if that is disjointed. I'm dying at the wheel here, myself. ))
(09:37:41 pm) * +William_Ka`ana`ana-4 snaps back in a rush as his head and in fact his entire body is rocked backward by an incredibly well-pointed punch right to his windpipe. He suddenly couldn't get oxygen into his lungs, and the rage in his veins very briefly flipped onto a more inhuman emotion of raw panic. Halfway in the back of his head, he was beside himself with amazement that such an uncanny blow would actually find purchase. Dropping to hi
(09:37:44 pm) * +William_Ka`ana`ana-4 snaps back in a rush as his head and in fact his entire body is rocked backward by an incredibly well-pointed punch right to his windpipe. He suddenly couldn't get oxygen into his lungs, and the rage in his veins very briefly flipped onto a more inhuman emotion of raw panic. Halfway in the back of his head, he was beside himself with amazement that such an uncanny blow would actually find --
(09:37:45 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-4> -- purchase. Dropping to his knees, and then his fists, he can do little more than stare at the ground with the remainder of his strength, fighting desperately to get what little air he could manage past his trachea. In a normal situation, anywhere but here he would have any number of little tricks, so many ways to discard this pain. But this damn arena was shutting him down. And worse, with his --
(09:37:45 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana-4> -- senses overloading, he was threating to lose coherency. The substance of himself was wavering, smoky-- though few other then Elan might be in a position to notice and him in no condition. He couldn't let himself take anymore punishment. Coughing and hacking viciously, he managed to spit out, "Y-...Yi--...eld. No..." 0*HURK0* he sputters. "No more."

User avatar
Nymphetamine
Admin
Posts: 601
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 1:09 pm
Preferred Title: Marog the Destroyer
Characters: Aezra
Azalia Stygian
Eliya Almakira al-Fasaad
Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Results of the Armed Bout #1

Post by Nymphetamine » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:10 pm

(09:38:54 pm) <@Nymphetamine> Blood, blood, blood! The crowd went wild with Elan's landing blow and Ka'ana'ana conceeding the match, thrilled that their hometown boy had won the match. Marnath was on his feet, cheering and clapping, pressing to the railing, gesturing that Rriss come stand up next to him and end the match in Elan's favour. "Come, come, my new friend." It was all said with that strange smile on his lips.
(09:39:01 pm) * Rriss`Pehn is out of his seat, literally jumping out of it and onto the edge of the box, one massive clawed hand gripping the edge of the box's roof to keep extra balance, though his tail does that well enough. He roars out a shout, pretty much signalling the end of the fight and letting everyone know that yes now its time to go batshit crazy.
(09:40:15 pm) * +Elan`Tedronai-7 could barely hear the words come from Ka`ana`ana, and it wouldn't have mattered if he had heard them. As soon as they were out, Elan dropped to the ground in a heap.
(09:40:23 pm) * Elan`Tedronai-7 is now known as Elan`Tedronai
(09:40:32 pm) * William_Ka`ana`ana-4 is now known as William_Ka`ana`ana
(09:42:30 pm) <@Nymphetamine> Azalia was on her feet and gesturing for the rest of the healer team to enter the arena. The pack of healers, for there was probably half a dozen of them were rushing onto the field with alacrity to attend to the two men that had just beaten one another to a pulp for the sake of bloodsport. They divided themselves between the two men, and immediately set to staunching the blood flow. The mages --
(09:42:30 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- had taken down the anti-magic field, allowing the magically inclined healers to get both men stabilized before they bled out and died for the sake of the crowd.
(09:43:23 pm) <Veraques> Veraques slammed his fists to the railing. He was so sure that William would take the gold, would take that win; his close quarters combat was outstanding, and his endurance proved that his people were the stuff of legends. But it could not hold avail to the onslaught of Elan. Breathing roughly, he would leave the arena with a mood less than admirable. He held firm to his belief. A
(09:43:23 pm) <Veraques> man's hands were the way to go. Get them close, force them to mistake . . bah, he spoke of nonsense. The next tournament, he would bring himself for play. He was thus inspired by such a display of gladiators.
(09:43:33 pm) <Rriss`Pehn> "Elan winsss firrrssst match, and progrrressssesss yesss to next rrround. All hail Captain man forrr valiant fight, yesss!"
(09:45:45 pm) * Elan`Tedronai is now known as Obsidian
(09:46:05 pm) <@Nymphetamine> Siraz smiled to herself and managed to conceal the expression as she turned to comfort Neskessa on William's loss. She did a magnificent job in hiding the fact that she was somewhat amused by the man's defeat, but would take considerable care not to let anyone really see that, save her own people.
(09:47:05 pm) <iliili> Somewhere, lost in the sea of roaring, cheering spectators, a catling in hooded leather watched the arena's events in muted shock, horror, awe and wonder.
(09:49:04 pm) <@Nymphetamine> The healers would take care of both men, transporting them out of the arena either on stretchers, or their own, assisted power if at all possible. Most of the severe bleeding was stopped on the field, bandages applied to the wounds that were not critical. Most of the healers in the House of Healing weren't of the belief that one simply waved a hand and took care of everything, and saved their --
(09:49:04 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- application of magic for only those wounds that direly needed it. Elan and William would both be sequested in the infirmary that the arena suddenly has, moved at little as possible.
(09:49:22 pm) * +William_Ka`ana`ana takes in all the air he can manage. Though he was badly shaken, and his body was fighting the cold numbing sensation of death by asphyxiation, he seemed to be a little more of a healthy color once the barrier was brought down and the healers arrived. He would wave off most of their help-- after all, for blood loss he was in far less serious a condition than Elan, better to help the other man. --
(09:49:23 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana> -- "Please." He murmurs quietly to the one who comes to assist him. "Just help me exit this place." He'd take full use of one of their medics to use as a crutch, but before he left, he at least gave the crowd his best smile, waving with his good hand to the spectators, and then gesturing with respect to the man who had beaten him fairly. No shame in the loss of a good fight, less so in --
(09:49:23 pm) <+William_Ka`ana`ana> -- acknowledging it.
(09:54:15 pm) * Rriss`Pehn waves to the Captain from his perch on the commentators box. "Hi Captain! That wasss good fight, but next time, do not danssse arrround ssso much, yesss."
(09:54:32 pm) <@Nymphetamine> Marnath lifted his hand to pat Rriss on the shoulder with a grin. "Well done, my friend." The announcer said to the lizardman. Turning to the crowd, he addressed them, "A wonderful start to the Tournament of Martial Skill! Thank you all for attending. The healers will see to the Captain and our boy, Elan, never you fear!" A brief pause, adding, "Be sure to exit the arena in an --
(09:54:32 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- orderly fashion!" It almost sounded like he should direct them to the gift shop on their way out.
(09:56:19 pm) <@Nymphetamine> "First round of drinks at the King's Inn, on me!" he added before he handed off the charm that amplified his voice to his assistant.
(09:57:08 pm) * Karis_Lockehart is now known as Eleziahe
(09:57:12 pm) * Rriss`Pehn hops down from the railing and grins at Marnath. "We go to King'sss Inn now, yesss. Forrr yummy meatsss and tasssty drrrinksss." This wasnt so much a question and a very polite demand.

Post Reply