Results of Armed Bout #2 (with Log)

Drache's newspaper of current events and social functions.

All of the in character news is found here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Nymphetamine
Admin
Posts: 601
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 1:09 pm
Preferred Title: Marog the Destroyer
Characters: Aezra
Azalia Stygian
Eliya Almakira al-Fasaad
Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak
Location: Seattle, WA

Results of Armed Bout #2 (with Log)

Post by Nymphetamine » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:41 pm

Ravynetti Tivaurd, well known demilich and necromancer of Millakamrath fought hard against both the anti-magic field in the arena against the Isska, Rriss Pehn. The two 'men' went straight for blood, and battled with claws and weapons until only one was left standing. Tivaurd beat the Isska, against all odds. Those who bet on the demilich made a fortune today.

User avatar
Nymphetamine
Admin
Posts: 601
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 1:09 pm
Preferred Title: Marog the Destroyer
Characters: Aezra
Azalia Stygian
Eliya Almakira al-Fasaad
Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Results of Armed Bout #2 (with Log)

Post by Nymphetamine » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:42 pm

(11:12:06 am) <@Suzthulhu> The Drache Arena is a large, enclosed stadium-esque building with a series of raised, wooden bleachers surrounding an oval shaped, packed earth field. Sand had been carted up from the beach at regular intervals to give the ground a slight bit more give, but it wouldn't do much to cushion any falls from combantants this day. Entrances to the field were on the north, and south sides,
(11:12:07 am) <@Suzthulhu> fenced off from the stands. Mages hired by the Privy Council were in place to maintain the anti-magic field that enveloped the field, preventing the use of magic, as well as the usage of magical items. Any enchanted weapons, armour, talismans or other gear was rendered mundane while on the field. This shield or shell extended into the first rows of the audience seating, if only to
(11:12:07 am) <@Suzthulhu> prevent anyone from playing with the edges, and trying to get a fire spell to work, or some such. Combatants were checked for their registered weapons and armour, and sent to opposite entrances of the field while the host, Marnath ul-Oryan Nesepix, announces the next bout! "And for our second round in armed combat, we have the notorious lich lord, Vorfon Ravynetti Tivuard, against
(11:12:07 am) <@Suzthulhu> the..." He looks very uncertain... what in the hell is that?? "Against Vorfon Rr... Rriss Pehn! Fighters may enter the arena!"
(11:13:54 am) * +Rriss`Pehn reached out to take the scarf and sniffed it, mostly out of habit. "Thank you, Lay. Rriss'pehn will do hisss bessst. Oh! Mussst be going now, yesss." He tucks the scarf into the sash at his waist, probably the most secure place he has for the favor as he heads into the fighting pit.
(11:14:48 am) <@Nymphetamine> (( We'll be fighting to 7 points, first person to 7 will lose this bout. Everytime you take a hit, score it in your nick name. You can both roll for initiative after you make your introductions. ))
(11:15:00 am) * LayTrayin smiles ar Rriss and nods then blinks as she hears ravyn's name. She had not seen th eold lich for years and had mostly forgotten him but now memories flooded back and she wished her friend Rriss much luck
(11:18:21 am) <@Nymphetamine> (( Fighters have agreed to use the special rules. Rules can be found here: http://www.arangoth.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=61 ))
(11:21:00 am) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> The goblins which had stood guard over Ravynetti's side quickly step back, "A'ight boss, it be show time..." One of them gurgles out, before the two scurry off in a flurry of purple cloaks and leather armor. This leaves the pale form of the Necromancer in view. He stands just five foot six, his long, dark hair unbound, and upon that brow a reinforced crown of bone rests, with a coif
(11:21:01 am) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> of bone rings stitched to a black leather backing draped to his shoulders. Below this, an armored set of black leather robes drapes over his figure, stitched along the torso with small boney plates and rings of cut bone, and along the arms with long bone splints. The leather flares out and swishes about the floor as he walks. A shield of bone reinforced with metal rivets is slung across
(11:21:01 am) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> his back by a leather strap, and at one hip is sheathed a slender single edged sword. Within each gloved hand, the pale figure grips a hefty looking mace. The maces are identical, shafts of iron wrapped in human leather, topped with human skulls through which metal spikes have been passed, reinforcing them and giving them a sinister appearance. As he steps forth into the ant imagic
(11:21:01 am) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> field, there's a sharp hissing and he begins to smoulder. Pale flesh begins to smoke as if on fire, as it is consumed just to keep him mobile. He turns his eyes up to the stands and lifts one mace as if in salute. "I could give you some bullshit line about honor of country or familia or the like. But let's be honest. I bet most of you came here today to watch a couple monsters go at
(11:21:01 am) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> it for nothing more than the joy of the fight. So let's do this before my body gives out."
03(11:22:00 am) * Icis`Hayen ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(11:24:04 am) <@Suzthulhu> Somewhere in the audience is a rather famous face around Drache. Natalia Derseblan is in attendance today, along with a few of the girls from the Cat's Pajamas. It's warm in the arena with the crowd, and Natalia sits, fanning her face with an ornate fan. It matches her dress, a dark sapphire blue over cream underskirts trimmed with shimmering silver lace.
03(11:24:09 am) * Alexx ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(11:27:14 am) <@Nymphetamine> (( Both of you can roll for initiative when you're ready. In channel: `roll 1d20 ))
03(11:27:38 am) * MunInFull ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(11:27:58 am) <@Nymphetamine> (( The GameServ dice script does allow for modifiers, so when you're rolling attacking/defense, please include it in your roll. Such as: `roll 1d20+3 ))
03(11:29:00 am) * Taenar ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(11:29:11 am) <+Rriss`Pehn> The ruddy green scaled Isska headed towards the center of the ring. He stood about the same height at the lich, but his frame was stocky and his arms were thickly musculed. He wore no armor, only his simple tunic with its missing sleeves, the sash around his waist with a gold silk scarf peeking out of it, and loose fitting pants. The only other thing of note we was wearing were
(11:29:11 am) <+Rriss`Pehn> the clean fresh bindings wrapped about his hands and feet. He had no weapons, no armor, just his hands, feet, claws, a mouth full of viciously sharp teeth, and his thickly musculed tail. "Rriss'pehn hopesss to give good people a fight, yesss."
(11:29:43 am) <@Nymphetamine> (( Roll initiative please. ))
(11:29:56 am) <+Rriss`Pehn> `roll 1d20
(11:29:57 am) <GameServ> Rriss`Pehn rolled 1d20: 2 <Total: 2>
(11:30:09 am) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd faces off against the reptile and offers a bejeweled grin, even as cracks begin to appear along his thinning flesh. "Oh this is going to be fun." He adopts a neutral stance to begin with.
(11:30:11 am) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> `roll 1d20
(11:30:12 am) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd rolled 1d20: 9 <Total: 9>
(11:30:21 am) <@Nymphetamine> (( Rav will go first. ))
(11:31:46 am) <@Nymphetamine> Marnath Nesepix seemed pleased with himself, and probably had put a good deal of money on his new best friend, Rriss. Standing forward against the rail, the scarlet hankerchief in his hand, he smiled. His magically amplified voice boomed over the arena. "When this silk hankie has hit the sand, you may begin." He held them in thrall for a moment, making them wait, but soon enough his --
(11:31:46 am) <@Nymphetamine> -- fingers released the silk and it fluttered to the ground.
(11:32:43 am) * Icis`Hayen enters at the south entrance with moment to spare. She hurries to take a seat close to the front, red hair flayying wildly behind. The slender girl took a seat, eyeing up combatants whilst fondling the purse of coin hidden under her light dust cloak.
(11:33:18 am) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd then spins his dual maces about within his hands as the silk flutters down, shifting his grip upon them as he begins his approach. The pale Necromancer's bone mail clinks and clatters against itself, giving the impression of a dry skeleton approaching. He opens by feinting with that right mace. A weak swipe that is quickly followed from the left by a heftier swing. His fingers
(11:33:19 am) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd curl about the mace and he leaves a trail of drifting smoke from his body as his flesh is slowly consumed just to keep him 'alive' within that antimagic area. The swipe sends both his long hair and the flowing edge of his robes flaring outward, as he puts the spin of his body into it.
(11:33:23 am) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> `roll 1d20
(11:33:23 am) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd rolled 1d20: 5 <Total: 5>
(11:33:33 am) * +Rriss`Pehn hisses loudly at Rav, his spine frills and brilliantly colored head crest rising fully as he shifts into a defensive stance.
(11:33:37 am) <@Nymphetamine> (( +3 for the Special Rules, so that's an 8. ))
(11:33:48 am) <@Nymphetamine> (( Remember to include your modifers. ))
(11:33:49 am) <+Rriss`Pehn> 'roll 1d20+3
(11:33:52 am) <@Suzthulhu> Natalia watches the 'coin toss' to see who will go first. Once Rav is declared the winner, she claps, and then returns tot he edge of her seat for the first round.
(11:33:55 am) <+Rriss`Pehn> `roll 1d20+3
(11:33:56 am) <GameServ> Rriss`Pehn rolled 1d20: 11 <Total: 11(+3) = 14>
(11:34:17 am) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> <<it was a Normal stance to start. so no mods on mine.
(11:35:34 am) <@Nymphetamine> (( Oh, my bad, I totally didn't see that part. Ha! Mal, you doing a normal stance? ))
(11:35:51 am) <+Rriss`Pehn> (defensive, posted that before I rolled)
(11:36:33 am) <@Nymphetamine> (( Sorry! I suck today. Need to make some coffee or something. You guys seem 100x more on top of things than I am, carry on, ignore the woman behind the curtain. ))
(11:38:53 am) * LayTrayin narrows her eyes as she watches th efight fromthe rail and crosses her arms in front of herself as sh ewatches th efight intently
(11:40:35 am) * +Rriss`Pehn steps with the feint, but was ready for the Lich's honest follow up, as he met it with rising forearm just under the sweeping arc of the mace, pushing and guiding the blow over his ducking head. He used this opening to lunge in close aiming a left handed palm strike at the Lich's chest with a follow up right knee stirke to his hip.
(11:40:45 am) <+Rriss`Pehn> `roll 1d20-3
(11:40:45 am) <GameServ> Rriss`Pehn rolled 1d20: 1 <Total: 1(-3) = -2>
(11:41:02 am) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> `roll 1d20
(11:41:02 am) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd rolled 1d20: 3 <Total: 3>
(11:46:45 am) <@Suzthulhu> Natalia watches and cheers and chats and whatnot because Suz is afk.
(11:46:48 am) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd can't really stop the inertia of that left hand mace, and as the mace is guided over, he instead spins with it. That close lunge might have been aimed for Ravynetti's chest, but since he didn't bother to stop that spin, he instead continues onward, like some dervish. It exposes his back to the blow, true, but with that shield slung across his back, the palm strikes just at the
(11:46:48 am) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd shield. The shock sends the smouldering Necromancer forward, but deals little damage. The force of the blow might be distributed over his body, but Ravynetti is terribly light. He is almost sent to one knee, but the way he's pushed about puts him out of danger of that second strike. Those luminous blue eyes drift up to the stands, not really fixing on any one person, but a few faces
(11:46:48 am) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd he sees brings a bejeweled grin to his features. "Excellent." The words curl off his lips with a puff of alchemic smoke, as his body continues to degrade in the antimagic field. Still, he easily has the strenght to correct his stance, whirling abou on Rriss again, pretending he hadn't stumbled, though he obviously had. Those maces spin in his hands, before he steps forward to close
(11:46:48 am) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd the distance again. Both maces are brought down in tandem, in a hammering swoop from directly over his own head.
(11:46:53 am) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> `roll 1d20
(11:46:53 am) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd rolled 1d20: 3 <Total: 3>
(11:48:05 am) <+Rriss`Pehn> `roll 1d20+3
(11:48:06 am) <GameServ> Rriss`Pehn rolled 1d20: 10 <Total: 10(+3) = 13>
03(11:48:52 am) * VII ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(11:51:36 am) * Icis`Hayen frowns a little but keeps her face blank, getting afeel for the fight and the thing her favourite is fighting before she makes any bets. As always the young girl can never keep her hands still, an unfortunate tress of copper gold getting the occasional tug whilst she watches.
(11:53:12 am) * +Rriss`Pehn just side steps the attack to the left, having correctly read the Lich's next move as he was closing the distance again. The Isska crouches down as he finishes the step evasion of the maces, bringing him beside the lich, and sweeps his left leg in a vicious kick at the back of the Lich's knees, attempting a leg sweep. He keeps the momentum of the kick going though, spinning on
(11:53:12 am) * +Rriss`Pehn the ball of his right foot to bring his thick tail in a follow up strike that with any luck would add further punishment to the sweep.
(11:53:17 am) <+Rriss`Pehn> `1d20-3
(11:53:26 am) <+Rriss`Pehn> `roll 1d20-3
(11:53:26 am) <GameServ> Rriss`Pehn rolled 1d20: 5 <Total: 5(-3) = 2>
(11:53:58 am) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> `roll 1d20
(11:53:59 am) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd rolled 1d20: 7 <Total: 7>
(11:58:01 am) * LayTrayin watches as th epai rseem to be dancing around each other perhaps gettign th efeel for thier opponent. She keeps her arms crossed and keeps watch tho for any changes in combat
03(11:58:22 am) * Tragedy is now known as Tayah
(11:58:52 am) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> The simple fact is that Ravyn obviously isn't a frontline fighter. He doesn't have the physical strength for it, the build really, even in that armor that seems to be more a hinderance than anything. And yet as the Isska side steps his maces, he is far from concerned. They thump dully into the ground where Rriss had been, and then those luminous blue eyes catch the movement of that
(11:58:53 am) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> sweeping kick just in time. He jumps up from the ground, revealing those dragonskin boots as he pulls himself toward those anchored maces where they rest on the ground, using the weight of them as an anchor to pull himself into a forward roll. He evades the sweeping kick as he tumbles forward, sounding like a bone wind chime as the mail clacks and clatters against itself, accompanied
(11:58:53 am) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> by the creak and click of his own joints. He lands in a crouch, and figuring it won't be long before Rriss moves in behind him, he immediately swipes that left hand mace backward in a blind strike. The first of his dirty tricks might come into play here though, as he givse the handle of his mace a sharp twist. With a click and a ring of steel, a six inch blade juts forth from the top
(11:58:53 am) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> of the mace's skull, turning that crushing swipe into a blind slash as well.
(11:58:55 am) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> `roll 1d20
(11:58:55 am) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd rolled 1d20: 10 <Total: 10>
(12:00:21 pm) <+Rriss`Pehn> `roll 1d20+3
(12:00:21 pm) <GameServ> Rriss`Pehn rolled 1d20: 2 <Total: 2(+3) = 5>
03(12:00:31 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd is now known as Ravynetti`Tivaurd_1
(12:01:58 pm) * Tayah well, since it seemed like virtually every other participant in the mounted brackets had had sudden pressing needs come up (actually, the half elf was telling herself that they just didn't want to ride against her because it made her feel slightly better about the matter) she'd inquired about throwing her name into the armed lot instead. As such, she was doing what any smart
(12:01:59 pm) * Tayah person did...and getting a feel of potential competition, because you never knew who you were going to end up facing down along the line. But the dancing back and forth. Hah. She snorted, calling out an altogether too cheerful, "Is this a dance or a fight?!" before her old friend managed to score a hit.
(12:06:46 pm) * +Rriss`Pehn was just rising out of his own crouch to follow the Lich's evasive roll when he's caught by the suddenly longer sweep of the mace with its new blade. It scores a ragged cut across the Isska's shin, opening up the thinly musculed flesh to reveal a hint of bone. But luckily for Rriss there was no tendons or muscules to be severed with the attack, just lots of white hot pain,
(12:06:47 pm) * +Rriss`Pehn which he shunted from his attention by hissing it out. This did not however stop his momentum as he planted his left leg, bent, then sprung forward into a front flip, the spinning of his body adding momentum and added force as he brought his right foot down on the Lich in a hammer drop kick.
(12:07:01 pm) <+Rriss`Pehn> `roll 1d20-3
(12:07:01 pm) <GameServ> Rriss`Pehn rolled 1d20: 8 <Total: 8(-3) = 5>
(12:10:02 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd_1> `roll 1d20
(12:10:02 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd_1 rolled 1d20: 16 <Total: 16>
(12:17:12 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd_1> The feel of the blade impacting muscle brought a bejeweled grin to the Necromancer's lips, showing a flash of silver and gemstone teeth. He rises almost immediately, his back still turned toward the oncoming Rriss. That leap, that hammer kick actually impacts the shield across the necromancer's back once more, and sends him sprawling. Again there's the familiar rattle of dry bone
(12:17:12 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd_1> against dry bone as his mail takes the impact, leaving him on hands and knees. With one blade already revealed, Ravynetti twists the handle of hte other mace, popping that blade out with a ringing of steel as well. He shifts his grip a bit higher along those maces, along the shaft to just below the skulls that decorate the maceheads, then stabs them both backward, using them more like
(12:17:12 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd_1> daggers at his opponent who seems to still be behind him. Only then does he turn about. By now, his skin has degraded to the point where there are patches of blackened bone visible in little cracks along his cheeks and jawline.
(12:17:15 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd_1> `roll 1d20
(12:17:15 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd_1 rolled 1d20: 4 <Total: 4>
(12:18:23 pm) <@Suzthulhu> Not being one to shy away from a good, clean (hah) fight, Natalia's interest in being in the arena are not purely to support a friend and client. She's got money riding on the bout, and though it's a small, sensible amount, if Rav wins, she'll have a nice little pot of cash to stow away with the rest of it. Play money, more or less. There's a gasp and a wince when Rriss brings his
(12:18:23 pm) <@Suzthulhu> foot up, and then crashing down again, but Rav's deflection draws another cheer from the crowd.
(12:18:33 pm) <+Rriss`Pehn> `roll 1d20+3
(12:18:33 pm) <GameServ> Rriss`Pehn rolled 1d20: 10 <Total: 10(+3) = 13>
03(12:21:46 pm) * Finley ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
03(12:21:47 pm) * FlyOnTheWall ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(12:23:49 pm) * +Rriss`Pehn was just rising out of the crouch he'd landed in when the double mace daggers were suddenly rushing towards his head, so he did the most logical thing anyone would do in the situation. He speared himself foreward, moving to wrap his heavily musculed arms around the Lich and bear him to the ground. At least then, those damned maces would be less likely to sprout any more surprises.
(12:23:50 pm) * +Rriss`Pehn He did have the pressence of mind to lead his spear with his mouth wide open, attempting to bite and ravage the Lich's midsection as he was turning around to face the Isska.
(12:24:00 pm) <+Rriss`Pehn> `roll 1d20-3
(12:24:00 pm) <GameServ> Rriss`Pehn rolled 1d20: 4 <Total: 4(-3) = 1>
(12:24:29 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd_1> `roll 1d20
(12:24:30 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd_1 rolled 1d20: 5 <Total: 5>
(12:24:51 pm) <@Suzthulhu> "Is he... is his skin...?" Marnuth's voice, as once again, he's forgotten about the amplification. "No, I don't think tha-oh bollocks. Sorry folks! Just a little debate here in the announcer's booth! This match is keeping us on our toes! Both opponents seem equally matched, and only Vorfon Tivuard has managed to land a blow yet! And oh! It's turning into a regular brawl here at the
(12:24:52 pm) <@Suzthulhu> Black Dragon Arena! 4Would someone please turn this damn thing off???"
(12:26:45 pm) * Icis`Hayen had been haggling a bet with a rather grubby goblin when Ravyn was knocked down again, her lips pressed into a thin line as she continued to watch. Icy blue eyes watched with discernment, no public cheering or shouts of encouragement vocalised, just secret comments within.
(12:28:08 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd_1 is in no position to evade Rriss in such a close grapple. And yet he tries, beginning to seek to squrm out of those arms and teeth. The bite catches bone rings, tearing a few off from the leather backing, but fail to really penetrate the well made bone mail. Some of the plates crack a little under the blow, others lodge upon sharp points, as teeth are wont to do. And yet,
(12:28:08 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd_1 Ravynetti laughs. It's a chilling, cold sound, "Oh this brings me back. It's the Thuul tribe all over again." He tosses down that right hand mace so that the knife point that projects from the top sticks into the ground, keeping it in reach as he struggles in that clawed grasp. "Except you have less arms," he amends, just as he flicks his right hand out. A dagger flips from the leather
(12:28:08 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd_1 sleeve of that black robe, which is caught in a gloved hand. He jabs the dagger sownward, toward one of the arms clinging about his body.
(12:28:11 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd_1> `roll 1d20
(12:28:11 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd_1 rolled 1d20: 11 <Total: 11>
(12:28:39 pm) <@Suzthulhu> "LIZARDS RULE! LICHES DROOL! LIZARDS RULE, LICHES DROOL!" Comes the heckling chant from one side of the arena. It's battling to be heard over the other side, "RAVYN, RAVYN, RAVYN!"
(12:29:31 pm) <+Rriss`Pehn> `roll 1d20+3
(12:29:31 pm) <GameServ> Rriss`Pehn rolled 1d20: 4 <Total: 4(+3) = 7>
03(12:29:40 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd_1 is now known as Ravynetti`Tivaurd_2
(12:31:18 pm) <@Suzthulhu> "Oh! Another blow landed by Vorfon Tivuard! And it's a knife fight now!" Oh, Marnuth... well, at least he wasn't caught making some other snide comment about the fighters. "Knife fights can get nasty quick, folks. I hope none of you suffers from a faint heart or upset stomach!"
(12:34:45 pm) * +Rriss`Pehn hisses with pain as that dagger find purchase in the meat of his left arm, but he just suffers through it, keeping his arms wrapped about the lich's body as he snakes his injured right leg around Rav's left to trap it and allow the Isska to force the lich to the ground, and if successful, move into a full mount and give the tricky bastard an elbow strike to the jaw.
(12:34:57 pm) <+Rriss`Pehn> (offensive stance switch)
(12:35:17 pm) <+Rriss`Pehn> `roll 1d20+3
(12:35:18 pm) <GameServ> Rriss`Pehn rolled 1d20: 19 <Total: 19(+3) = 22>
(12:36:38 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd_2> `roll 1d20
(12:36:38 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd_2 rolled 1d20: 1 <Total: 1>
(12:39:19 pm) <@Suzthulhu> There's a collective gasp from the crowd. "Oh! And as the... Isska! Yes folks, Vorfon Pehn is an Isska! And as he changes stances, it proves devestating to the lich lord Tivuard. Not only does he fail to block the attack, but he takes the absolute full bront of it and then some!" From somewhere behind Marnuth, caught up in his amplified voice, is the sound of someone... wretching.
(12:39:19 pm) <@Suzthulhu> 5"Did some of his face just f-ohgod... HUUUUURK!!!" Marnuth tries to quickly speak over the sound of his colleague horking. "Yes! It's a hell of a match! 4Get her out of here before she sicks all over my feet!"
03(12:39:57 pm) * Rriss`Pehn is now known as Rriss`Pehn_1
(12:40:09 pm) <@Nymphetamine> (( Close to a natural 20, but ahaha, no dice. (Pun intended.) No crit on the attack, or botch on the epic fail roll of 1. ;D ))
(12:42:10 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd_2> Ravynetti is pinned beneath the much more powerful Isska. He squirms, still trying to break free. There's a haze of smoke that continues to drift up about him. He looks up to try to get a better view of the creature, just in time for that elbow to impact that pale flesh, just in the one part that coif doesn't protect. It would be like elbowing a piece of shaped metal, but there's a
(12:42:10 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd_2> sickling crack as his jaw wrenches free and to the side, tearing his flesh. More smoke rises as his body struggles to remain valid, and the Necromancer's jaw hangs down for a moment. His brilliant, violet blood flows forth, sparking and positively flaring as the magic is drawn quickly from it, dissipating into the air. He lifts that dagger hand, not to stab at Rriss, but to jam his
(12:42:10 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd_2> jaw back into place with an unnatural click. He continues to squirm, and then, then that dagger stabs upward and back, aiming somewhere in the vicinity of Rriss's face. It's not meant to be a lethal blow, but rather to allow the necromancer to escape and draw his sword, adopting an offensive stance.
(12:42:15 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd_2> `roll 1d20+3
(12:42:16 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd_2 rolled 1d20: 20 <Total: 20(+3) = 23>
(12:42:33 pm) <+Rriss`Pehn_1> `roll 1d20-3
(12:42:34 pm) <GameServ> Rriss`Pehn_1 rolled 1d20: 20 <Total: 20(-3) = 17>
(12:44:10 pm) <@Suzthulhu> "And it seems Vorfon Tivuard isn't going to take that laying down, not at all! There's a good lich, put your face back on for the crowd." A few women give up shrill screams at the sight of the dangling jaw, and one faints dead away. Onlookers scramble to carry her out for some fresh air.
03(12:44:47 pm) * Dur is now known as {[
(12:45:45 pm) <@Nymphetamine> (( The rules only cover natural 20s, with no modifiers, as requiring a reroll. With the modifers, Rav would win this round, but the defense is still strong. If you guys don't have a problem with it, I'd rule 2 points to Rav, 1 to Rriss. ))
03(12:47:05 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd_2 is now known as Ravynetti`Tivaurd_4
(12:47:13 pm) * Icis`Hayen even finds herself wincing at the exchange of blows, that grubby little goblin poking her shoulder furiously to change its bet. She waves a dismissive hand at it, eyes fixated on the scene before her.
03(12:47:20 pm) * Rriss`Pehn_1 is now known as Rriss`Pehn_2
(12:48:58 pm) * LayTrayin blinks as she watches ravyn's jaw come loose but she doesnt let ti show if it affects her or not. She keeps watchign and finally yells out 4 GO Rriss!!!!
(12:50:19 pm) * +Rriss`Pehn_2 ([email protected]) Quit
03(12:50:52 pm) * Malachai_Blackhart ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
03(12:51:00 pm) * Nymphetamine sets mode: +v Malachai_Blackhart
03(12:51:18 pm) * Malachai_Blackhart is now known as Rriss`Pehn_2
(12:51:50 pm) <@Nymphetamine> (( Still Rriss's defense and attack post. ))

User avatar
Nymphetamine
Admin
Posts: 601
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 1:09 pm
Preferred Title: Marog the Destroyer
Characters: Aezra
Azalia Stygian
Eliya Almakira al-Fasaad
Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Results of Armed Bout #2 (with Log)

Post by Nymphetamine » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:42 pm

(12:59:29 pm) * +Rriss`Pehn_2 was grinning his toothy smile, satisfied with the effects of his elbow strike when the dagger came whipping at his face. He wasnt focused like he should've been and now the right side of his smile was far wider that it ever should have been. He reflexively struck the Lich in the face with a palm strike but he was too off balance now to stop Rav from throwing him from the mount
(12:59:29 pm) * +Rriss`Pehn_2 and scrambling to regain his feet. Well, Rriss wouldnt let this perfectly good opportunity go to waist as Rav really should've been pressing the advantage now that Rriss was bleeding from a very serious and vicious facial wound. The Isska easily settled into a crouch then sprang forward at the Lich, both hands leading, in a double knife hand thrust, bringing his claws into play now to
(12:59:29 pm) * +Rriss`Pehn_2 pierce the Lich's leather and bone armor and hopefully his ribcage.
(12:59:38 pm) <+Rriss`Pehn_2> `roll 1d20+3
(12:59:38 pm) <GameServ> Rriss`Pehn_2 rolled 1d20: 11 <Total: 11(+3) = 14>
(12:59:53 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd_4> `roll 1d20-3
(12:59:53 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd_4 rolled 1d20: 16 <Total: 16(-3) = 13>
03(01:00:04 pm) * KarisBirthdayGirl ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
03(01:00:27 pm) * Rriss`Pehn_2 is now known as Rriss`Pehn_3
(01:02:50 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd_4 throws himself from the grapple in that moment, bleeding that violet blood. His bare bones are exposed through much of his face, showing a black-boned skull beneath, etched with silver glyphs of such an antediluvian origin that they might well predate man's magical practice. His bones audibly crack and scrape against one another as his tattered skin continues to smoulder. turns
(01:02:51 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd_4 just as the Isska springs, and those claws do pierce that armor, punching through the rings sewn upon it and the flesh beneath. More of that violet blood wells forth as he brings his sword and dagger to bear. The straight bladed, slender dagger is stabbed upward, while that short bladed sword, slender and with a single edge is brought in a downward stab, both toward Rriss's torso as
(01:02:51 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd_4 Ravyn himself staggers back from the initial blow.
(01:02:53 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd_4> `roll 1d20+3
(01:02:54 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd_4 rolled 1d20: 14 <Total: 14(+3) = 17>
(01:03:20 pm) <+Rriss`Pehn_3> `roll 1d20-3
(01:03:20 pm) <GameServ> Rriss`Pehn_3 rolled 1d20: 1 <Total: 1(-3) = -2>
03(01:04:19 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd_4 is now known as Ravynetti`Tivaurd_5
(01:06:48 pm) <@Suzthulhu> "It's getting violent in here, folks. Vorfon Tivuard is only two points away from victory! How will it end! I can't handle the drama!"
(01:09:25 pm) * +Rriss`Pehn_3 pulls back but not fast enough to avoid having his tunic sliced open and a diagonal cut across his chest. The Isska was now throughly coated in his own thick red blood, that oozed more than glushed from his wounds. He didnt bother hissing, the level on pain he was dealing with right now from his face was doing wonders to block out any new pain. Well, he needed to remove that
(01:09:26 pm) * +Rriss`Pehn_3 sword from play, so after the sword finished its downward arc, he stepped in, one hand shooting down to grap the wrist of Rav's sword hand as the Isska followed it with a vicious roundhouse kick to the Lich's undefended ribcage.
(01:09:33 pm) <+Rriss`Pehn_3> `roll 1d20+3
(01:09:34 pm) <GameServ> Rriss`Pehn_3 rolled 1d20: 13 <Total: 13(+3) = 16>
(01:09:41 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd_5> `roll 1d20-3
(01:09:41 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd_5 rolled 1d20: 14 <Total: 14(-3) = 11>
03(01:09:58 pm) * Rriss`Pehn_3 is now known as Rriss`Pehn_4
(01:10:13 pm) * Icis`Hayen is being harrassed rather urgently by the same goblin so close to losing his precious coin. She grummbles, having ignored him for the best part of this fight. But now, so close to a conclusion she turns, icy eyes burning as she attempts to stare it down. "Look, you too the bet. You may not change it now. If you continue this I will gut you myself. We clear?"
(01:10:19 pm) * Finley ([email protected]) Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
03(01:10:21 pm) * Finley ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(01:11:36 pm) <@Suzthulhu> Thankfully, people have at least stopped hurling in the crowd and the announcer's booth, and the woman who'd passed out earlier is helped back in, looking pale and tragic and unsteady on her feet. Marnuth continues his awkward commentary, "Five to Vorfon Tivuard, four to the Isska, Vorfon Pehn! It's a tight match here in the arena, and it's still anyone's game!"
(01:13:46 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd_5 s wrist is grasped just as he was about to bring his short sword up for a slash. The Necromancer turns his gaze across toward that oncoming kick coming toward that ribcage. He leans into the side that his wrist is being held on, rolling around with a dull crack. He yanks on that sword arm as it breaks, then that kick finishes it off. With a sickening tear of flesh quickly being
(01:13:46 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd_5 consumed by the antimagic field, his hand comes entirely off, and the bones break under the blow. His right arm ends in a pair of jagged, broken bones. They twitch back and forth, as if he were still rotating his wrist, then suddenly he stabs that severed arm forth, meaning to stab those jagged, broken bones at the Isska. There is no sign of pain in the necromancer's features, at least
(01:13:46 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd_5 what's left of that flesh that still clings to a quickly baring skull. One of his eyes dissolves, leaving a dim blue lichlight as the antimagic field continuse to take its toll.
(01:13:48 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd_5> `roll 1d20+3
(01:13:48 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd_5 rolled 1d20: 3 <Total: 3(+3) = 6>
(01:15:05 pm) <+Rriss`Pehn_4> `roll 1d20-3
(01:15:05 pm) <GameServ> Rriss`Pehn_4 rolled 1d20: 5 <Total: 5(-3) = 2>
03(01:15:19 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd_5 is now known as Rayvnetti`Tivaurd_6
(01:22:02 pm) * +Rriss`Pehn_4 its momentarly unbalanced by the ease with which Rav's hand was torn free, so he did not think the Lich would mean to jab him with the jagged bones of his forarm. Those bones did lodge painfully in the side of Rriss' chest, possibly coming very close to puncturing a lung as well, if not for the thick layer of muscule wrapping the Isska's chest. He didnt pull away from this,
(01:22:03 pm) * +Rriss`Pehn_4 instead he wraps his arm around the remains of the Lich's arm, trapping it and if possible, breaking it, and using this closes in position to deliver a devestating blow to that blackened skull Rav was using for a face now.
(01:22:13 pm) <+Rriss`Pehn_4> `roll 1d20+3
(01:22:14 pm) <GameServ> Rriss`Pehn_4 rolled 1d20: 9 <Total: 9(+3) = 12>
(01:22:41 pm) <+Rayvnetti`Tivaurd_6> `roll 1d20-3
(01:22:41 pm) <GameServ> Rayvnetti`Tivaurd_6 rolled 1d20: 3 <Total: 3(-3) = 0>
03(01:23:46 pm) * Rriss`Pehn_4 is now known as Rriss`Pehn_5
(01:24:12 pm) <@Suzthulhu> Marnuth s beside himself up in the announcer's booth, waving his hands frantically and practically screaming, made worse by the amplification. "Neck and neck still! If Tivuard scores again, he wins! But it's not over yet!"
(01:24:25 pm) * KarisBirthdayGirl ([email protected]) Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
(01:27:08 pm) <@Suzthulhu> "LIZARDS RULE, LICHES DROOL!" "RAVYN, RAVYN!" "LIZARDS RULE, LICHES DROOL!" "RAVYN, RAVYN!"
(01:27:33 pm) * +Rayvnetti`Tivaurd_6 laughs merrily as he moves to yank that bone arm back, sounding a little unhinged, only to find himself unable to draw back fully. When he speaks, his voice sounds as if spoken from a great distance, echoing through an icy hall. "Oh what fun! I haven't had this much fun in ages!" His laughter continues even as his arm breaks further under that grasp. Striking his skull was
(01:27:33 pm) * +Rayvnetti`Tivaurd_6 perhaps not the best move, as even with the magic being drained it was still concentrated, hard as stone. Still, that contact occurs, and is not only met, but reciprocated. The Necromancer brings his skull, bone mail coif and crown alike, forward in a rough head butt, seeking to knock Rriss back with the contact of that hard, hard bone.
(01:27:35 pm) <+Rayvnetti`Tivaurd_6> `roll 1d20+3
(01:27:36 pm) <GameServ> Rayvnetti`Tivaurd_6 rolled 1d20: 6 <Total: 6(+3) = 9>
(01:28:11 pm) <@Suzthulhu> Ravyn is trying to bone Rriss to death now.
(01:28:23 pm) <+Rriss`Pehn_5> `roll 1d20-3
(01:28:24 pm) <GameServ> Rriss`Pehn_5 rolled 1d20: 10 <Total: 10(-3) = 7>
(01:29:16 pm) * Icis`Hayen blinks when she hears the commentator and turns back to continue watching. She turns just in time to see the headbutt, fist clenching at her skirts to save her long locks a further tugging.
(01:29:37 pm) <@Nymphetamine> (( Match goes to Rav with that strike. ))
(01:30:50 pm) * +Rriss`Pehn_5 thought he could get the upper hand, but he didnt expect the head butt, hadnt prepped himself for it, so when it happened, it rattled the Isska into unconsciousness. The heavy Isska does down, falling slightly forward into Rav as he collapses like a ragdoll into a heap on the arena floor.
03(01:31:01 pm) * Rriss`Pehn_5 is now known as Rriss`Pehn
(01:31:08 pm) <@Suzthulhu> AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!!!! "Ladies and gentlement in the arena! This has been one hell of a match, but the winner is clear! Vorfon Tivuard, the Lich Lord Supreme, has won this day! Now, could someone please help him pick up his fingers and escort him from the anti-magic field?" Hardee har har. But seriously, there are people on hand to do exactly that. "Vorfon Pehn fought well...
(01:31:09 pm) <@Suzthulhu> Healers! To the Arena floor!"
03(01:31:26 pm) * MunInFull ([email protected]) has left #blkdragon*arena
(01:32:11 pm) <@Suzthulhu> Said healers will, of course, patch everyone up and carry them out, of needed.
(01:32:18 pm) <@Suzthulhu> ((Good match, guys!))
(01:32:41 pm) <@Nymphetamine> (( Thanks for participating! We have another bout scheduled for tomorrow at 1pm EST. ))
(01:32:49 pm) <+Rriss`Pehn> ((though gameserv needs to adjust its randomizer)
(01:32:49 pm) <VII> (( Nicely played. ))
(01:32:59 pm) * +Rayvnetti`Tivaurd_6 immediately backs up from Rriss, still smouldering. AS Rris goes down, he immediately begins to flee toward the edge of the antimagic field. "Good fight!" He calls forth, dropping his dagger. He reaches down to fetch up his severed hand, only to hop out of the antimagic field. It was like fighting in boiling water.
03(01:33:24 pm) * Rayvnetti`Tivaurd_6 is now known as Ravynetti`Tivaurd
(01:34:22 pm) <@Nymphetamine> Azalia would meet Uncle Rav halfway across the grounds as the anti-magic field came down, putting a hand on his arm to help replenish the magic that would fuel the enchantment on his lichy body. Because the healer journeyman was just that fond of him.
(01:35:39 pm) * Icis`Hayen had been near the front in almost silence during the fight but now she stood and started to cheer. The young girl was grinning and clapping happily, the purse at her side a little heavier. She watched as the healers helped the combatants, her pale blue eyes finally fixing on the winner.
(01:37:01 pm) <@Suzthulhu> With the match over, and a bit of coin awaiting her with one of the goblin bookies around the edge of the arena, Natalia makes her way down to them, in no rush. After collecting her winnings, she makes her way to Ravyn, on the outside, and flashes him a charming smile. "Well done, Vorfon. When you've healed up, do come calling at the playhouse. We'll put on a special show just for
(01:37:01 pm) <@Suzthulhu> you." And since he's clearly going to be busy for awhile, the former courtesan simply waves and departs with the rest of the crowd.
(01:43:45 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd leans on Azalia for a moment, just as he begins to rebuild that body outside of the antimagic field. It's like watching someone unburn themselves. He smiles a bit "Thanks ..." Perhaps drawing a bit more magic than he should, a little faster than he should. He was confident that she could sustain it. His eyes now drift up, catching Icis, he lets his gaze drift over her, only to
(01:43:46 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd wave and offer a grin, it looks like she profited well. And then he turns his gaze up to teh approaching Natalia. "Oh I certainly will." He chuckles softly and nods to her, even as that flesh regrow over bared bones.
(01:44:39 pm) * +Rriss`Pehn gets the aid he needs though he's still out cold. It wouldnt be hard for the healers to stanch the blood flow from his wounds, but that extension of his smile would need some serious attention to get it all back in working order. Once they finally revive him though, he's groggy and confused. "Hoah Rriss'pehn get on grrround? Rriss'pehn face hurrrt." He gets helped to his
(01:44:40 pm) * +Rriss`Pehn feet and given a hand towards the infirmary.
(01:47:49 pm) * Icis`Hayen smiles, nodding and giving a short wave. She considers going over but isn't sure. Maybe he needs a little rest befor she gives a report and asks after his help, oh and a good smack for worrying her wouldn't do any harm.
(01:48:07 pm) <@Nymphetamine> The petite dark haired healer in her green semi-uniform smiled to the lich, seemingly not bothered by the fact he was a bit aggressive in drawing magic from her. She was used to it, in a way, and Rav had worked with her in past endeavours so they at least had a rapport for their work. She looked over towards the healers surrounding Rriss, lifting her free hand to one of them as they passed --
(01:48:07 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- her, a brief flare of energy blossoming in them. Rriss seemed to be a bit shaken up, though not dead, nor too worse for wear.
(01:49:40 pm) <@Nymphetamine> No one but the healers and the combatants were allowed on the field themselves, so any visitors would have to wait until the healers released the combatants from the infirmary. Rav would unlikely need such consideration, given his nature, but Rriss would be checked over for concussion, the majority of his wounds patched up on the spot with bandages. The worse ones were of course stabilized --
(01:49:40 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- with magic, but he'd be sporting bruises for a while.
(01:51:14 pm) * +Rriss`Pehn would be sporting a horrible scar along the right side of his face, but Isska's dig scars so he'll be proud of it.
(01:52:49 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd speaks in a soft tone "There, I think that I'm... in good shape now." He hardly looked it. Bits of bone were still exposed, showing black with silver inlay in places. It would really be rather pretty if not for the ghastliness of the rest of it. He was absolutely certain he'd heard someone's voice up in the stands that likely needed a stern talking to, but he could delay that
(01:52:49 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd for when eh felt he could weild a whip properly. He manages to right himself, and gives a glance back toward Rriss. The fellow fought well, and indeed it would remind him of the Thuul, the lizard warriors from his homeland. With that he turns his attentions toward Icis at last, just as he begins to walk along with a click and scrape of bared joints. "I see you made it," He speaks as
(01:52:49 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd he comes nearer, "Did we profit well?"

Post Reply