Results of Armed Bout #3 (with Log)

Drache's newspaper of current events and social functions.

All of the in character news is found here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Nymphetamine
Admin
Posts: 601
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 1:09 pm
Preferred Title: Marog the Destroyer
Characters: Aezra
Azalia Stygian
Eliya Almakira al-Fasaad
Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak
Location: Seattle, WA

Results of Armed Bout #3 (with Log)

Post by Nymphetamine » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:18 pm

After some scheduling issues, the organizers of the Tournament of Martial Skill decided to move around some of the matches. The Emshi nomad, khial al-Amas'kyaa from Najjir ended up facing the recent Drow newcomer to Drache, Divolvir DeVir. The fight went on through several exchanges of blows and amazingly, the Emshi woman defeated the Drow, probably without even breaking a sweat.

Our host, Marnath Nesepix has seemingly disappeared and even his personal assistant, and the tournament organizes are having trouble locating him. There are rumours that he bet on the wrong participant, but of course, such an honourable man would be above gambling.
Last edited by Nymphetamine on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nymphetamine
Admin
Posts: 601
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 1:09 pm
Preferred Title: Marog the Destroyer
Characters: Aezra
Azalia Stygian
Eliya Almakira al-Fasaad
Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Results of Armed Bout #3 (with log)

Post by Nymphetamine » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:20 pm

(10:33:41 am) <@Khial> Something about her scheduled opponent not showing up... An arrogant fighter would assume and boast that it was because they were afraid. Not Khial though. She'd been told that in another few minutes, if he wasn't there, that she'd be fighting a drow. Drow. She knows drow. Deceptive liars, but also good fighters. This is not a cause for concern, but rather, a curiosity. She's never
(10:33:42 am) <@Khial> really spoken to one before, and only experienced their combat styles once or twice against bandit ambushes. Perhaps when it's all over, regardless of the outcome, she'll invite the competition for a drink in the Inn, provided neither of them is so bad off that extensive healing is required. She's not looking to dismember, only disable. For now, she simply crouches on the ground at
(10:33:42 am) <@Khial> the back of the arena, where they'll enter from, bending her limbs to test the articulation and motion in the odd set of armor she has on.
(10:34:25 am) * Nymphetamine sets mode: +v Divolvir
(10:34:41 am) <+Divolvir> (( Game over, I got a +v. ))
(10:34:52 am) <@Nymphetamine> (( She kinda trumps you with the @ ))
(10:35:12 am) <+Divolvir> (( ...just had to ruin my moment. Stepping IC ))
(10:36:13 am) <@Khial> ((We will -not- be using the special stance rules.))
(10:36:33 am) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(10:40:10 am) <+Divolvir> It was the perfect opportunity. For as long as his devilish goals had come to light, he had wanted to be tested, and then acknowledged, for his prowess in battle. It was one thing to take on roves of bandits and assassins, but without that spectator taunt? It really didn't mean much. Now, he was given the chance. Doning his double-bladed staff, opposing curves of scimitars catching
(10:40:10 am) <+Divolvir> the light every now and again in a twirl, he paced at the opposite entrance. He knew nothing of his opponent, which made the situation a little less than favorable.
(10:40:11 am) <+Divolvir> More over, he was daylight. His eyes, though attuned, were still quite sensitive to daylight. He'd heard the rumors of the Arena, not allowing magic at all. It'd be interesting to see what he could accomplish without the use of his abilities. Now wasn't the time to fuss! He awaited the announcement as he was told to do, head rotating with his eyes glancing between floor and door, floor
(10:40:11 am) <+Divolvir> and door.
(10:40:56 am) <@Nymphetamine> "And it's the third bout of the International Tournament of Martial Skill. It would seem that this year's tournament is cursed. Plagued with all these reschedules and having to cancel the entire mounted bracket..." Marnath Nesepix's voice could be heard easily from the commentator's box. The man was was standing at the rail, looking over the arena that he had presided over for the last --
(10:40:56 am) <@Nymphetamine> -- few days. It was a curious sense of power. Taking a slip of paper that had the new scheduling, he continued to muse, "Still! I have tried valiantly to keep the docket full and exciting for everyone who's come to the arena today to see a bout. Today, we have one Khial al-Amas'kyaa, hailing from the Emshi tribes of Najjir. Is that a woman?" He leaned close to the rail, peering at the figure --
(10:40:56 am) <@Nymphetamine> -- in the southern entrance to the field. "So it would seem! Who would let their women fight in a tournament?" The windblown would, it would appear. Still. "With the knight, Thanor Jakin not appearing... What's that?" he said as his assistant murmured something to him. "The man's mad? Well, damn, yes, it's just as well he's not here. He'd probably try to kill our poor desert flower if --
(10:40:56 am) <@Nymphetamine> -- he could." Not that Marnath seemed particularly phased by that. "At any rate! We've moved up the Drow from later this week to fill in, graciously, he agreed. Divolvir DeVir, hailing from... some... underground city of... Drow," he finished lamely. "If the two contestants come meet in the middle, shake hands, and we'll get started, mm?"
(10:43:41 am) <@Nymphetamine> (( Roll up initiative. ))
(10:43:59 am) <+Divolvir> `roll 1d20
(10:43:59 am) <GameServ> Divolvir rolled 1d20: 1 <Total: 1>
(10:44:28 am) <@Khial> The armor is odd when compared to most other sorts. It's made of numerous chitinous scales, fashioned and trimmed to allow the highest possible degree of artculation and movement throughout. The scales are hand-sized in most areas, with a few larger in the chestpiece and smaller ones layered over the arms and legs. It's molded close to the body, giving her the appearance of a bipedal
(10:44:28 am) <@Khial> beetle of some sort. Overall, it is black and shiny, giving off an iridescent sheen when the light hits it a certain way, like a scarab's back; the effect is much like oil on water. The headpiece, held in her hands at the moment, consists of three larger carapace pieces layered on the sides and over the back of her head, and her hair is braided in tight cornrows against her scalp,
(10:44:28 am) <@Khial> then wrapped in strips of leather down the remaining length to keep it out of the way and prevent it from being a target for grabbing. The announcement makes her look up, vivid purple eyes fixing on the man fumbling around with her gender. Such as it is, she thinks, and rises to head out into the arena itself. She slides the helm onto her head, tucking her hair up into it. On her hip
(10:44:28 am) <@Khial> can be seen a rather plain hilt, wrapped in leather thong, attached to a very strange looking crystal blade that gives off a faint bluish glow. She steps into the arena with little fanfare, acknowledges the drow, and prepares to begin.
(10:44:34 am) <@Khial> `roll 1d20
(10:44:34 am) <GameServ> Khial rolled 1d20: 16 <Total: 16>
(10:44:49 am) <@Nymphetamine> (( Suz is going first, lemme post up the start real quick. ))
(10:45:06 am) <+Divolvir> (( Should I do a quick intro post or wait? ))
(10:45:13 am) <@Nymphetamine> (( You can if you want, I can wait. ))
(10:45:24 am) <+Divolvir> (( Uno momento. ))
(10:47:33 am) <+Divolvir> The doors open for the Drow, and he stepped calmly from his place. Violet eyes glanced to and fro, before settling on his opponent on the opposite side. He stopped in mid-stride, turning his head to the side for a moment. Now, it seemed to make sense. They put him against a woman. A fever of anguish and sweat of anger took him. They doubted his martial skill so greatly? . . . Play the
(10:47:34 am) <+Divolvir> cards you're dealt, and prove yourself better than they would assume. He shifted his hands on the bladed staff, placing them closest to the hilt.
(10:47:34 am) <+Divolvir> The woman nodded her acknowledgement, but all he could do in his frustration was squint his eyes.
(10:48:40 am) <Ravynetti`Tivaurd> In the stands, the cold blue eyes of one of the Nightgaunt Goblins peers from under the hood of his purple cloak. Watching, studying.
(10:49:18 am) <@Nymphetamine> Marnath giggled almost gleefully. The man was strange, and had a fondness for this bloodsport. He reached for the square of red silk that his assistant offered to him, turning towards the crowd again. He didn't even seem to mind that they refused to shake hands, it just amused him that much more. "When the silk hits the sands, you may begin." And he held them in thrall for several --
(10:49:18 am) <@Nymphetamine> -- heartbeats, watching, waiting. The silk was released and fluttered to the ground like a dainty, bloody snowflake.
(10:50:31 am) <@Khial> Before she draws her weapon, Khial takes a brief moment to study her opponent, noting the double-bladed staff he spins, as well as the armor he's wearing. Very well. He has reach, something easily enough countered with staying inside. The strange, shifting manner with which the desert Emshi move has been compared to watching the ripples of a mirage, and it makes it diffucult to follow
(10:50:31 am) <@Khial> her as she begins to dance to the drow's left. Drawing the Ekri-nam, she holds the blade downward, feignting to the right to try and get up under his arm and slash at the junction of armor on the inside of his elbow, where it's less protected. Disable the arm, and the arm cannot weild a weapon.
(10:50:37 am) <@Khial> `roll 1d20
(10:50:37 am) <GameServ> Khial rolled 1d20: 2 <Total: 2>
(10:50:52 am) <+Divolvir> `roll 1d20
(10:50:52 am) <GameServ> Divolvir rolled 1d20: 9 <Total: 9>
(10:52:35 am) <@Khial> ((*slips gameserv a 20*))
(10:54:13 am) <+Divolvir> He counter-circles her movements, his eyes etched more to her center mass for a moment. Then, she moves. Surprisingly, she was quicker on her feet than he had originally given her credit for. She feigns right and he went for it, immediately swinging one edge of the scimitar to counter the movement. She gets close before he realizes his error, and immediately rotates his wrist to swing
(10:54:13 am) <+Divolvir> overhead a parry and deflection.
(10:54:14 am) <+Divolvir> The blade narrowly misses the joint she sought for, and now with both hands, he coiled his arms to his chest before they sprung forward; the intention was to have the woman take a bite of the hilt. Or, more to introduce her chin to the rough black leather.
(10:54:22 am) <+Divolvir> `roll 1d20
(10:54:23 am) <GameServ> Divolvir rolled 1d20: 18 <Total: 18>
(10:54:35 am) <@Khial> `roll 1d20
(10:54:35 am) <GameServ> Khial rolled 1d20: 19 <Total: 19>
(10:54:51 am) <+Divolvir> ((*slips GameServ a death threat.*))
(10:57:11 am) <@Khial> One advantage perhaps, in addition to her speed, is her size. She barely crests five feet, and she's built to be small and sinewy. She swears when she misses the elbow, but her concentration doesn't break as she looks for the counterattack. It comes, toward her chin, and the swift desert dweller ducks to avoid it. Rolling under the drow, between his legs, she aims a vicious kick at
(10:57:12 am) <@Khial> the back of his knee before rolling to her feet.
(10:57:15 am) <@Khial> `roll 1d20
(10:57:16 am) <GameServ> Khial rolled 1d20: 3 <Total: 3>
(10:59:23 am) <+Divolvir> `roll 1d20
(10:59:23 am) <GameServ> Divolvir rolled 1d20: 8 <Total: 8>
(10:59:34 am) <+Divolvir> ((*pets gameserv*))
(10:59:55 am) <@Khial> ((*sends the spiderbots*))
(11:02:15 am) <+Divolvir> Highly unexpected. When she ducked low and rolled, he followed the momentum of his arms to roll himself forward and away from the woman. He felt quick like a bear going after a tiny ape. He'd need to re-evaluate his tactics in slight. The woman could be like lightning if she was in close, move and duck in ways that his size limited him. His only opportunity to counter this action, was
(11:02:16 am) <+Divolvir> to stay at the distance of his bladed staff as much as possible.
(11:02:16 am) <+Divolvir> When he rolled to his feet, he immediately spun on his heels and advanced on her. He shifted his group on the hilt of his staff, and took a single, horizontal slice at her mid-section.
(11:02:18 am) <+Divolvir> `roll 1d20
(11:02:19 am) <GameServ> Divolvir rolled 1d20: 2 <Total: 2>
(11:02:25 am) * Pigasus ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(11:02:28 am) <@Khial> `roll 1d20
(11:02:28 am) <GameServ> Khial rolled 1d20: 17 <Total: 17>
(11:02:52 am) * iGeth_ ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(11:03:38 am) <@Nymphetamine> "Oh, so it would seem it's one of those matches... More dancing. Where is my Isska friend? He'd be as frustrated as I feel that they've yet to close for a real exchange." The man sounded as if he was pouting on the proverbial mic over there. A sigh could be heard and he took his seat, leaning back. "We don't have any squeamish womenfolk in the box, do we?" he asked his assistant. --
(11:03:38 am) <@Nymphetamine> -- "I don't want a mess in here again, that was absolutely vile smelling." Marnath was like a petulant child. He watched them for a moment or two long. "Oh, for Menxvan's sake... Stop going easy on her because she's a woman!"'
(11:04:17 am) <+Divolvir> ((*points gameserv to above statement.*))
(11:04:28 am) * iGeth_ ([email protected]) Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
(11:05:16 am) * iGeth ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(11:05:28 am) <@Khial> Swing... and a miss. She manages to bow forward, arching her abdomen away from the slice. Both to reset her balance and to initiate the next attack, she reaches a gloved hand forward and grabs hold of the staff, spinning inward against the arc of the blade. The momentum carries her in to his side, and the crystal Ekri-nam lashes out again in a nasty downward stroke along Divolvir's
(11:05:29 am) <@Khial> side.
(11:05:33 am) <@Khial> `roll 1d20
(11:05:33 am) <GameServ> Khial rolled 1d20: 19 <Total: 19>
(11:05:51 am) <+Divolvir> `roll 1d20
(11:05:52 am) <GameServ> Divolvir rolled 1d20: 14 <Total: 14>
(11:06:10 am) * Khial is now known as Khial_1
(11:07:08 am) <Pigasus> "By the rood, Siv," Sean said to his friend from the rumormill. "Who in god's name do they have in the announcer box of late?" Siv shrugged demonstratively: "Bloked who know the organizers, I reckon." Sean looked down at the field, where Khial finally drew blood.
(11:07:17 am) <Pigasus> (blokes)
(11:09:19 am) <+Divolvir> Once again, he's miscalculating his strikes. The announcer comes on, and his teeth ground. He could just see himself putting a knife in his throat. Obviously, the woman didn't need much encouragement, for in his lost in translation thoughts, he felt pain. His footing stumbled for a moment as he turned and moved a step away from the woman. He mustn't find himself too trapped by the
(11:09:20 am) <+Divolvir> pain, though he feels something damp.
(11:09:20 am) <+Divolvir> He advances again on the woman, this time in a different way. He takes two steps forward before his right leg lifts, his left leg springs from the ground; a little jump kick to, once again, find her chest.
(11:09:24 am) <+Divolvir> `roll 1d20
(11:09:24 am) <GameServ> Divolvir rolled 1d20: 1 <Total: 1>
(11:11:02 am) <Pigasus> "Well," he remarked, philosophically. "It can't be any worse than the time we allowed Mishto and his giant Skorzenitsa half-wit. I still can't live down some of the things that were shouted through a torc of amplification. 'He succumbed to her furious strokes.' 'Resque Maessen Inn My Ass.' 'Cocke! Can't feel up!'"
(11:11:16 am) <@Khial_1> `roll 1d20
(11:11:17 am) <GameServ> Khial_1 rolled 1d20: 9 <Total: 9>
(11:12:38 am) <Pigasus> "I couldn't believe some of the ads they made you read, myself." Siv remarked.
(11:13:28 am) <@Khial_1> Too easy... his motion is bulky and slow, and the miraged movements of the Emshi carry her deftly out of the way of his kick. With his leg extended, it provides a nice target for another slash to the back of his knee as he passes over her head and to one side.
(11:13:29 am) <Pigasus> "So did you nail the little one too or was that someone else?" He asked a minute later, prompting Sean to spew mead all over the railing in front of him.
(11:13:34 am) <@Khial_1> `roll 1d20
(11:13:35 am) <GameServ> Khial_1 rolled 1d20: 8 <Total: 8>
(11:13:43 am) <+Divolvir> `roll 1d20
(11:13:44 am) <GameServ> Divolvir rolled 1d20: 9 <Total: 9>
(11:16:26 am) <+Divolvir> His leg rotates from the path, the crystal blade taking nothing but clothe. He was in close, which was her territory. Each strike must be punishing, else he make a fool of himself again. His feet hit the ground just to her left side, from which he drops to the ground, throwing his right leg in a wide swing that would take her feet from the ground in one subtle sweep.
(11:16:31 am) <+Divolvir> `roll 1d20
(11:16:31 am) <GameServ> Divolvir rolled 1d20: 10 <Total: 10>
(11:16:36 am) <@Khial_1> `roll 1d20
(11:16:37 am) <GameServ> Khial_1 rolled 1d20: 4 <Total: 4>
(11:17:01 am) * Divolvir is now known as Divolvir-1
(11:18:16 am) <Pigasus> "No. No, I never stuck it inside an Emshi girl. Have you seen Emshi girls? They're not all like that, I assure you. When a thousand years of misogyny and xenophobia is staring at you from a dress..." He frowned as he looked at the field "Aw shite. But easily recovered from."
(11:19:47 am) * iGeth ([email protected]) Quit (Quit: Geth do not infiltrate intentionally.)
(11:20:23 am) <@Khial_1> Sweep the leg... and he catches her in a rare moment of off balance as she moves to stand straighter. Before she leaves her crouch, he makes contact to the backs of her legs and sends her flat onto her back. The air rushes out of her lungs painfully, but there's no time to wait to regain it. Gathering her legs up, she flips to her feet again and continues the roll, tucking under.
(11:20:23 am) <@Khial_1> Springing to her feet once more inside the drow's stance, the fist curled around the hilt of her knife swings upward toward his nose.
(11:20:28 am) <@Khial_1> `roll 1d20
(11:20:28 am) <GameServ> Khial_1 rolled 1d20: 20 <Total: 20>
(11:21:25 am) <+Divolvir-1> `roll 1d20
(11:21:25 am) <GameServ> Divolvir-1 rolled 1d20: 13 <Total: 13>
(11:21:34 am) * Khial_1 is now known as Khial_3
(11:21:47 am) <Pigasus> "See?" Sean said a moment later, as the diminutive nomad regained balance and turned her recovery into a picture-perfect critical blow. Siv had jumped to his feet and sat back down again. "But how?"
(11:24:55 am) <+Divolvir-1> Wiry little princess, isn't she? His body physically rolls back from the connection. Her reward is an immediate splash of blood, and a visibly broken nose. He lands on his backside in utter shock. Clearly on his face, too. When the blood touches his tongue, he snaps to. He rolls to his feet and presses the blades of his staff against each forearm. His hands push against each other,
(11:24:55 am) <+Divolvir-1> his wrists rotate -- He draws his hands apart, now holding two scimitars of extended hilt.
(11:24:55 am) <+Divolvir-1> He finds his footing and advances on the woman, two blades swinging in her direction from opposing sides -- Scissoring the air essentially.
(11:24:59 am) <+Divolvir-1> `roll 1d20
(11:25:00 am) <GameServ> Divolvir-1 rolled 1d20: 7 <Total: 7>
(11:25:07 am) <@Khial_3> `roll 1d20
(11:25:07 am) <GameServ> Khial_3 rolled 1d20: 14 <Total: 14>
(11:27:41 am) <@Khial_3> Whirling blades, so much like the whirling winds of the sandstorms, easily tracked and avoided. Dancing to the side, one blade narrowly misses her face in a calculated risk. Her grip on her knife changes as she tosses it to the other hand, rotating the edge upward and slashing at the underside of one of the drow's blade-spinning arms.
(11:27:45 am) <@Khial_3> `roll 1d20
(11:27:46 am) <GameServ> Khial_3 rolled 1d20: 16 <Total: 16>
(11:27:48 am) <+Divolvir-1> `roll 1d20
(11:27:48 am) <GameServ> Divolvir-1 rolled 1d20: 19 <Total: 19>
(11:28:21 am) <Pigasus> "Culture and environment," Sean explained. "The Emshi are the only ones who live in inner Najjir. And I've already told you what that's like. Between the climate, the scorpions and the racist Najjis who want you dead, all their kids are fighters. And then, once in a generation per tribe, you get ones born like her." Siv nodded, squinting at Khial. "Like, magical?" Sean shook his head. 0--
(11:28:22 am) <Pigasus> 0-- "Like, mental. Proper mental." 0
06(11:28:35 am) * Tayah somewhere in the stands, a certain black haired hair elf was sitting in quiet observation. Oh, sure, she could heckle...but she wasn't going to. She was there to observe, study, and learn everything that she could about potential competion. Assuming of course that she could ever get an opponent that actually commited to the bout instead of disappearing into whatever mists he
06(11:28:35 am) * Tayah needed to vanish into, or getting shifted around to face someone else. Honestly. Gods. Was she -that- damned intimidating? (Because that was what she was telling herself. That was the reason for so much difficulty in the tournament this year. It was the first year she'd participated, they fled before her.
(11:29:58 am) <+Divolvir-1> His left hand twists the hilt of the scimitar, bringing the blade to parry and deflect the oncoming upward slash. Like punching the blade away, he follows the spin and leaves the ground again. He cocks his left arm back, his right leg tucks against his body. He even screams, in a manly way, as he throws both hilt of the sword and leg outward. Superman punch, ftw.
(11:30:04 am) <+Divolvir-1> `roll 1d20
(11:30:05 am) <GameServ> Divolvir-1 rolled 1d20: 9 <Total: 9>
(11:32:20 am) <@Khial_3> `roll 1d20
(11:32:21 am) <GameServ> Khial_3 rolled 1d20: 11 <Total: 11>
(11:33:20 am) <@Khial_3> What in the hell was that? She nearly laughs at the scream, manly though it might be, coming from the drow who's face is a fountain of blood at the moment.
(11:33:23 am) <@Khial_3> ((derp))
(11:34:44 am) <@Khial_3> What in the hell was that? She nearly laughs at the scream, manly though it might be, coming from the drow who's face is a fountain of blood at the moment. She deftly leaps to the side, then in again, aiming a slash up the inside of his leg.
(11:34:49 am) <@Khial_3> `roll 1d20
(11:34:50 am) <GameServ> Khial_3 rolled 1d20: 15 <Total: 15>
(11:34:58 am) <+Divolvir-1> `roll 1d20
(11:34:59 am) <GameServ> Divolvir-1 rolled 1d20: 19 <Total: 19>
(11:36:39 am) <+Divolvir-1> She must've been caught up in laughing at him. He shifts his legs a bit to void the slash, landing in a slight crouch. His right arm jerks forward, swinging high for the arm that was, no pun intended, armed. The sword crosses slightly diagnol for the bicep, while the left poised ready to instigate a secondary assault.
(11:36:43 am) <+Divolvir-1> `roll 1d20
(11:36:43 am) <GameServ> Divolvir-1 rolled 1d20: 17 <Total: 17>
(11:36:49 am) <@Khial_3> `roll 1d20
(11:36:49 am) <GameServ> Khial_3 rolled 1d20: 12 <Total: 12>
(11:37:21 am) * Divolvir-1 is now known as Divolvir-2
(11:38:52 am) <@Nymphetamine> It would seem the combatants, after a lovely spray of blood, had gone back to their dancing. Marnath lazed in his chair, leaning to one side, and then the other, as if he was restless and tried to get a good view of the proceedings. "That desert princess seemed to get a good blow on him early on, but they've gone back to just prancing again," he said. The blood had been amusing to him, --
(11:38:52 am) <@Nymphetamine> -- to say the least. "Take her arm off!" he shouted, though this was hardly appropriate for the man to be showing favouritism. Sean and Siv had a right to question Marnath's mental faculties.
(11:40:20 am) <Pigasus> "And the other one's probably getting executed by his matriarch if he dares come back without a trophy," Sean commented. "Motivation. Like the 'Pangui. Were you there when Basho killed himself?"
(11:41:25 am) <@Khial_3> Laughing is bad, yes. Her concentration is broken long enough to let him make that connection. Having been utterly silent until now, she lets out a pained yelp as one of the blades manages to slide up into a gap in the carapace plating covering her arm, slicing a good bit into it. Divolvir's blade would come back smeared with her blood. Thankfully, it's not her dominant arm, and she
(11:41:25 am) <@Khial_3> switches the blade to her other hand again, drawing the injured arm closer to her side to protect it. The short distance between them still gives her ample room to charge, dashing straight forward. At the last second, she shifts her trajectory, sliding across the dirt floor to his left, aiming to again kick out at the back of his knee.
(11:41:29 am) <@Khial_3> `roll 1d20
(11:41:29 am) <GameServ> Khial_3 rolled 1d20: 17 <Total: 17>
(11:41:37 am) <+Divolvir-2> `roll 1d20
(11:41:37 am) <GameServ> Divolvir-2 rolled 1d20: 17 <Total: 17>
(11:41:41 am) <@Khial_3> `roll 1d20
(11:41:41 am) <GameServ> Khial_3 rolled 1d20: 6 <Total: 6>
(11:41:44 am) <+Divolvir-2> `roll 1d20
(11:41:44 am) <GameServ> Divolvir-2 rolled 1d20: 12 <Total: 12>
(11:42:12 am) <Pigasus> "Was I there when Basho killed himself," Siv said scornfully. "Like I didn't pen 'The Headless Samurai and his Shameless Vanquisher' the following morn."
(11:45:12 am) <+Divolvir-2> It would seem there's been a shift in his own concentration. He's slipped into a dangerous part of himself, flowing as naturally as he possibly can. When she comes sliding from the left, he sneers at her and lifts his leg, turning his torso as he does. He completes a full turn before turning to face her.
(11:45:12 am) <+Divolvir-2> It was his turn to slide. He lunges forward with a single step, placing both his heels together and tucking them close. He waits only a split moment before he sends both of his booted heels for her backside, the aim of the game to double-kick her backside.
(11:45:23 am) <+Divolvir-2> `roll 1d20
(11:45:23 am) <GameServ> Divolvir-2 rolled 1d20: 14 <Total: 14>
(11:46:13 am) <@Khial_3> `roll 1d20
(11:46:14 am) <GameServ> Khial_3 rolled 1d20: 6 <Total: 6>
(11:47:46 am) * Divolvir-2 is now known as Divolvir-3
(11:50:38 am) <@Khial_3> OOF. His kick connects with more force than she'd anticipated, sending her skidding face first across the floor. She spits dust out of her mouth and swipes a hand over her eyes as she gets to her feet, still quickly enough to spin and face him again. That's one way to kick someone's ass. Literally. Over-saturated purple eyes narrow, and she spits to her side again before dropping to
(11:50:38 am) <@Khial_3> a crouch. Her legs bunch under her, and she propels herself forward in a frog-like leap, injured arm tucked to her side, the other holding her knife point outward, right toward the lower section of his stomach, between the top and bottom halves of his armor.
(11:50:41 am) <@Khial_3> `roll 1d20
(11:50:42 am) <GameServ> Khial_3 rolled 1d20: 11 <Total: 11>
(11:50:47 am) <+Divolvir-3> `roll 1d20
(11:50:48 am) <GameServ> Divolvir-3 rolled 1d20: 17 <Total: 17>
(11:52:59 am) <+Divolvir-3> He laid on his back for the last possible moment. When her leap-frog was coming just to the point of fruition, he rolled to the side and sprang to his feet. He drew his right arm upward and sent a slashing scimitar for her backside.
(11:53:02 am) <+Divolvir-3> `roll 1d20
(11:53:03 am) <GameServ> Divolvir-3 rolled 1d20: 12 <Total: 12>
(11:53:08 am) <@Khial_3> `roll 1d20
(11:53:08 am) <GameServ> Khial_3 rolled 1d20: 12 <Total: 12>
(11:53:14 am) <+Divolvir-3> `roll 1d20
(11:53:14 am) <GameServ> Divolvir-3 rolled 1d20: 15 <Total: 15>
(11:53:15 am) <@Khial_3> `roll 1d20
(11:53:15 am) <GameServ> Khial_3 rolled 1d20: 7 <Total: 7>
(11:53:29 am) * Divolvir-3 is now known as Divolvir-4
(11:56:15 am) <@Khial_3> That's going to leave a mark, and it's going to be awfully hard to sit down for awhile. While the blade doesn't precisely slice through the armor to the skin below, it leaves one hell of a gash and a bruise in its wake. She's sent to her knees, though perhaps it's to give her a moment of breathing room in order to assess her next move. In one smooth motion, her back arches, bending
(11:56:15 am) <@Khial_3> her backwards into her hands, and she flips her feet out from under her, using her momentum to propel them both toward the drow's chest and shoulders.
(11:56:18 am) <@Khial_3> `roll 1d20
(11:56:19 am) <GameServ> Khial_3 rolled 1d20: 4 <Total: 4>
(11:56:22 am) <+Divolvir-4> `roll 1d20
(11:56:23 am) <GameServ> Divolvir-4 rolled 1d20: 18 <Total: 18>
(11:58:38 am) <+Divolvir-4> He stands in a quick movement, taking a step to his left to avoid the propelled mini-ninja. He would wait until she was on her feet before he pressed her again, rushing inward toward her, swords ablazin'. Sort of. He sends his right scimitar straight for her chest; He had the idea of the ending it a little early and defending what was left. Blood continued to drop from his nose.
(11:58:39 am) <Pigasus> "She's quick but fragile. A prolonged engagement could go badly for her," said Sean. Siv blinked at him. "'Prolonged Engagement?' You've spent way too much time with Aprentrod. You talk like a sodding academic and shite."
(11:58:42 am) <+Divolvir-4> `roll 1d20
(11:58:43 am) <GameServ> Divolvir-4 rolled 1d20: 1 <Total: 1>

User avatar
Nymphetamine
Admin
Posts: 601
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 1:09 pm
Preferred Title: Marog the Destroyer
Characters: Aezra
Azalia Stygian
Eliya Almakira al-Fasaad
Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Results of Armed Bout #3 (with log)

Post by Nymphetamine » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:20 pm

(11:58:49 am) <@Khial_3> `roll 1d20
(11:58:49 am) <GameServ> Khial_3 rolled 1d20: 8 <Total: 8>
(11:59:38 am) <Pigasus> "Whoaaa, that was clumsy." Siv.
(12:00:40 pm) <@Khial_3> Tiny ninja-like Emshi, in a Matrix-esque move, arches back and out of the way of the spinning, arcing blade. She feels the wind from it across her face as she wraps both arms around his, putting her weight into it to slam his arm downward into her knee as she draws it up forcefully.
(12:00:45 pm) <@Khial_3> `roll 1d20
(12:00:45 pm) <GameServ> Khial_3 rolled 1d20: 10 <Total: 10>
(12:00:49 pm) <+Divolvir-4> `roll 1d20
(12:00:49 pm) <GameServ> Divolvir-4 rolled 1d20: 1 <Total: 1>
(12:01:02 pm) * Khial_3 is now known as Khial_4
(12:01:38 pm) <Pigasus> "I mean I'm speechless right now." Sean.
(12:02:29 pm) * Ric`Delaney ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(12:03:05 pm) <Pigasus> "They're neck and neck. To be honest, I'm rooting for the little one because I fucking hate lurks, Sean, between you and me." Sean nodded somberly. "I'm gonna go ahead and not make comments like that with you around, Rumormill."
(12:03:21 pm) <+Divolvir-4> He loses grip on the scimitar of his right, dropping it to the quick. There's even a groan that he lets out, grinding his teeth a bit. Maybe he didn't hear it, or even notice it. The bone had audibly snapped. His arm was now 'V'ing in the very wrong direction. Thinking purely on instinct, he cocks his head back, and throws his forehead straight for hers. He needed distance from the
(12:03:22 pm) <+Divolvir-4> new-and-improved Trinity.
(12:03:24 pm) <+Divolvir-4> `roll 1d20
(12:03:24 pm) <GameServ> Divolvir-4 rolled 1d20: 1 <Total: 1>
06(12:03:29 pm) * Pigasus facepalms
(12:03:31 pm) <@Khial_4> `roll 1d20
(12:03:32 pm) <GameServ> Khial_4 rolled 1d20: 13 <Total: 13>
(12:04:40 pm) <Pigasus> "Drow looks tired. He's making mistakes. She injured him good with that uppercut earlier. He's stunned."
(12:05:10 pm) <@Khial_4> While Suz tries to get control of her laughter, Khial sees the headbutt coming. Rather than roll or twist out of the way of it, she simply ducks her head down so that the poor drow's already mutilated face would make contact with the armored helm on her head.
(12:05:14 pm) <@Khial_4> `roll 1d20
(12:05:14 pm) <GameServ> Khial_4 rolled 1d20: 13 <Total: 13>
(12:05:54 pm) <+Divolvir-4> `roll 1d20
(12:05:55 pm) <GameServ> Divolvir-4 rolled 1d20: 10 <Total: 10>
(12:06:05 pm) * Khial_4 is now known as Khial_5
(12:06:44 pm) <@Nymphetamine> The Gulanadurian priestess had returned, again, to the arena to watch this bout. She had heard there was a Drow in the modefiied lists and had admittedly been somewhat curious about such things. The woman was dressed simply, in much the same way she had been the night prior, taking to function for the last week or so rather than style. Dark hands rested in her lap, her gold flecked blue gaze --
(12:06:44 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- focused on the two combatants with some interest.
(12:07:58 pm) <Pigasus> "Hell, another good blow like that and he's out. But she's not far behind," said Sean. "Let's go nomads. Inakhthon, dhallam ir-rahad. Or something."
(12:09:00 pm) <+Divolvir-4> Second dumbest thing he's done yet -- No, wait, third. His eyes immediately cloud with tears, more blood rushing from his nose. He's temporarily in the blind, with a clouded vision. He can only trust his arms move correctly. It was his turn, only hoping that his arm was able to wrap around the bent head, and with his weight, throw himself, and her head, right to the ground.
(12:09:03 pm) <+Divolvir-4> `roll 1d20
(12:09:04 pm) <GameServ> Divolvir-4 rolled 1d20: 7 <Total: 7>
(12:09:08 pm) <@Khial_5> `roll 1d20
(12:09:08 pm) <GameServ> Khial_5 rolled 1d20: 6 <Total: 6>
(12:09:31 pm) * Divolvir-4 is now known as Divolvir-5
(12:10:28 pm) <Pigasus> "Allright then, Mac. Final bets. I'm not taking the lurk." Sean sighed. "Fine, I'll put down on the lurk. But I'm only doing it to accommodate your racism."
(12:13:40 pm) <@Khial_5> This has quickly turned into some WWE shit... Khial's mistake was not disengaging herself from him a moment ago. When the drow grabs hold and takes them both down bodily, she's taken right with him, ending with another face full of arena floor, and several cuts and scrapes on her face now to go along with it. He's under her, and to the side a bit, giving her just enough room to bring
(12:13:40 pm) <@Khial_5> her knife up again and shove it swiftly downward toward the preciously horrificly painful inside leg area.
(12:13:44 pm) <@Khial_5> `roll 1d20
(12:13:44 pm) <GameServ> Khial_5 rolled 1d20: 5 <Total: 5>
(12:14:47 pm) <+Divolvir-5> `roll 1d20
(12:14:48 pm) <GameServ> Divolvir-5 rolled 1d20: 2 <Total: 2>
(12:15:08 pm) * Khial_5 is now known as Khial_6
(12:15:39 pm) <Pigasus> "This is brutal," Sean said. "And I'm gonna lose my rixtles." \
(12:16:33 pm) <@Khial_6> *horrifically
(12:17:15 pm) <@Nymphetamine> "Is she trying to castrate him?" Marnath's voice could be heard, clearly wincing in sympathy as she jabbed for the inside of the Drow's leg. "That poor, poor man... Maybe it's a good thing his House will disown him if he loses this bout, becaues he can't be that much use to them if he can't breed."
(12:19:10 pm) <+Divolvir-5> He howled in pain, immediately rolling from her. Both hands cradled his dark jewels with even more tears to the eyes. He's rolling face-first in the dirt for a few moments before he finds his composure. Blood, tears and dirt now make friends with his face. He wipes his forearm across his eyes to clear his vision. He's swordless and limping. He breathes heavy as he drops his hands to
(12:19:10 pm) <+Divolvir-5> his sides. As it turned out, in the fall his arm was able to correct itself. But he can't make much use of it at this juncture.
(12:19:10 pm) <+Divolvir-5> He advances as quick as his limp can muster, taking a wild haymaker at the woman.
(12:19:13 pm) <+Divolvir-5> `roll 1d20
(12:19:13 pm) <GameServ> Divolvir-5 rolled 1d20: 13 <Total: 13>
(12:19:19 pm) <@Khial_6> `roll 1d20
(12:19:19 pm) <GameServ> Khial_6 rolled 1d20: 4 <Total: 4>
(12:19:31 pm) * Divolvir-5 is now known as Divolvir-6
(12:20:09 pm) <Pigasus> Siv was gnawing his filthy nails as he watched in horrified fascination. "She needs to get in mount and finish off," Sean muttered under his breath.
(12:21:52 pm) <@Khial_6> WHAM. She takes that fist to the face like a god damn champ, spinning with the force of it and going to the ground. As though she'd heard Sean, or perhaps read his mind, since the creepy Emshi psions can do shit like that, she rolls onto her back, scuttling forward like a crab, draws her knees up into her chest, and launches herself forward, aiming to wrap her legs around his middle
(12:21:53 pm) <@Khial_6> and knock him to the ground.
(12:21:55 pm) <@Khial_6> `roll 1d20
(12:21:55 pm) <GameServ> Khial_6 rolled 1d20: 10 <Total: 10>
(12:21:59 pm) <+Divolvir-6> `roll 1d20
(12:22:00 pm) <GameServ> Divolvir-6 rolled 1d20: 2 <Total: 2>
(12:23:07 pm) <Pigasus> Siv and Sean both leapt to their feet as Khial shot into mount and finally pinned the drow for good. Siv let out a triumphant yelp, while Sean was more restrained. "Let's go piss before everyone." "Right then."
(12:23:54 pm) * Khial_6 is now known as Khial
(12:24:26 pm) <+Divolvir-6> She wrapped her legs around his mid-section, and he was powerless. Arms trapped by the bend of her knees, he hit the ground like a hay-bail dropped from two stories. That was it. His eyes half-lidded, blood and dirt marking the wounds he carried.
(12:24:52 pm) * Divolvir-6 is now known as Divolvir
(12:25:12 pm) <@Nymphetamine> With Divolvir hitting hte ground in Khial's final gambit, the crowd went wild in enthusiasm. Judging from the way Marnath had been commenting during this bout, it should be obvious that he lost money on this round. He looked a little pale at the prospect of just how much money that was. Standing up, he lifted his hands for quiet, to finish, "A wonderful fight!" He could be heard over the --
(12:25:12 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- crowd. "Amazing." He didn't seem too convinced of that. "Healers, get in there." The host didn't wait long to turn and leave in what appeared to be a hurry.
(12:25:33 pm) <@Nymphetamine> The healers moved in, as the mages took down the anti-magic field, coming to do their jobs of patching up the two combatants.
(12:29:14 pm) <@Nymphetamine> They'd both be taken off the field, probably under their own power, supported by the half dozen healers that had come out to stabilize their wounds. The rest of the patching up happened in the infirmary somewhere under one sections of the bleachers.
(12:29:36 pm) <@Khial> Panting heavily, she sits astride the drow for a moment or two longer than is really proper, trying to catch her breath. Once the healers start filing in, she allows one of them to lend her a hand in getting up. She's tired, bloody, and her ass -really- hurts. Possibly a broken tailbone in there, but certainly a lot of bruising. "Thank you... eh, drow. It was a good match. I am
(12:29:37 pm) <@Khial> sorry you are injured. I tried to hold back." She hadn't meant to do that much damage, especially the nose and the, er... well, she hadn't been aiming for his junk, but it had happened all the same. "No, please, I am fine, please see to him..." She waves all but one of the healers off, and leans on that one on her way out of the arena.
(12:32:10 pm) * Finley ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(12:32:10 pm) * Ry ([email protected]) Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
(12:33:39 pm) <+Divolvir> The healing would have commenced, but he was still seeing bats around the head. The pain was dulled, of course, but he knew the extent of injuries would be vastly more than physical. He'd lost his bout to a woman. Sure, Drow assassins fell like dominoes. Put him against a female and he's just a ragdoll. His only saving grace was that he gave her ass quite the pounding. . . When she
(12:33:39 pm) <+Divolvir> spoke to him, he couldn't look her in the eye. All he could feel was some kind of hate that surpassed even his own loathing for the Underdark culture.
(12:33:39 pm) <+Divolvir> Quite fitting, though. A man going against feminist reign in his own world, gets beaten half-to-death by a woman in the new world.
(12:35:19 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd ([email protected]) has left #blkdragon*arena
(12:37:53 pm) <@Khial> Looks like she'll be staying in the Inn another night or so, if for no other reason than to have someplace warm and uncrowded to rest and recouperate before her next match. And yes, her ass, very much horribly pounded, and not in a good way. She's limping and walking as though she'd been riding a horse all day before she plops down on a bench and starts unlacing the armor over her
(12:37:53 pm) <@Khial> injured arm. It comes off easily, and under it, her sleeve is soaked with blood. The healers do their thing, and soon enough, she's more or less right as rain again, at least where her arm is concerned. She's not about to drop trou and let them so much as look at her backside. Once her face is more or less clean, cuts and scrapes treated so they won't get infected or worse, she staggers
(12:37:53 pm) <@Khial> out and back toward the Inn.
(12:50:22 pm) <+Divolvir> He was helped from the Arena, and alotted some time to compose himself. The armor was kept on, the wounds would eventually heal; But it just seemed that no matter how hard he tried, there would never be an escape from the oppression of his previous life. He'd have to take solace at the Inn himself, and have as much drink as his body could handle. OUTSTANDING fight!

Post Reply