Results of Armed Bout #4 (with Logs)

Drache's newspaper of current events and social functions.

All of the in character news is found here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Nymphetamine
Admin
Posts: 601
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 1:09 pm
Preferred Title: Marog the Destroyer
Characters: Aezra
Azalia Stygian
Eliya Almakira al-Fasaad
Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak
Location: Seattle, WA

Results of Armed Bout #4 (with Logs)

Post by Nymphetamine » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:23 pm

With the last of the preliminary matches, and many scheduling difficulties, the final bout was held between Alderic Baudin and Tayah Rivenspire. The knight seemed well matched with the cavalry captain, but it was he that in the end, claimed the victor's laurels. Both participants fought hard, and the young, unknown man was clearly favoured by luck, knocking out the hometown girl. With Marnath Nesepix's illness, his assistant, Donnovath ul-Alaford Silak, took over hosting duties.
Last edited by Nymphetamine on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nymphetamine
Admin
Posts: 601
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 1:09 pm
Preferred Title: Marog the Destroyer
Characters: Aezra
Azalia Stygian
Eliya Almakira al-Fasaad
Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Results of Armed Bout #4 (with Logs)

Post by Nymphetamine » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:25 pm

(12:03:51 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd makes his way into the stands, accompanied by a goblin who has had his face surgically reformed into a cup holder. He finds a place to sit with a clear view of the scene below.
(12:06:53 pm) * geth is now known as Alderic`Baudin
(12:07:04 pm) * WakingDead is now known as Tayah`Rivenspire
(12:07:10 pm) * +Tayah`Rivenspire in retrospect, she probably should have spent a little less time at the Dragon drinking the night before, it'd only put her in a foul mood when she'd risen with the sun. And left the barracks with the express purpose of avoiding well meaning well wishers. Oh, there was still a lingering feeling of impending doom, but honestly, that was nothing new. In fact, she might have been
(12:07:10 pm) * +Tayah`Rivenspire more concerned if that horrid ball of dread in the pit of her stomach. The adrenaline that came with it was a comforting friend, it kept her on her toes...most of the time. She'd arrived early, because everyone knew that Tayah had no life outside of work anyway, and at that very moment, waited only somewhat anxiously for the arrival of her opponent. Armor was light, because she didn't
(12:07:10 pm) * +Tayah`Rivenspire want to sacrifice the advantage of speed...she had a feeling she was going to end up needing any advantage she could get.
(12:07:21 pm) * Icis`Hayen ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(12:09:19 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd settles back in that chosen seat amongst the stands, drawing his cloak about his frame. He sets his tankard into the cupholder-goblin's jower jaw, letting the thing stagger under the added weight.
(12:10:35 pm) <@Nymphetamine> The Drache Arena is a large, enclosed stadium-esque building with a series of raised, wooden bleachers surrounding an oval shaped, packed earth field. Sand had been carted up from the beach at regular intervals to give the ground a slight bit more give, but it wouldn't do much to cushion any falls from combantants this day. Entrances to the field were on the north, and south sides, fenced off --
(12:10:35 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- from the stands. Mages hired by the Privy Council were in place to maintain the anti-magic field that enveloped the field, preventing the use of magic, as well as the usage of magical items. Any enchanted weapons, armour, talismans or other gear was rendered mundane while on the field. This shield or shell extended into the first rows of the audience seating, if only to prevent anyone from --
(12:10:35 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- playing with the edges, and trying to get a fire spell to work, or some such. Combatants were checked for their registered weapons and armour, and sent to opposite entrances of the field. Marnath Neserpix was not in the commentator's box. Instead, it would appear as those his quiet, and faithful assistant, a young, good looking fellow that had decided to take up his employer's position when it --
(12:10:35 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- became evident to the organization that Marnath was not going to show. Lifting his hands for quiet, he smiled, and spoke to the crowd. "Our host, Marnath Neserpix has taken ill earlier this week, and will not be present for this afternoon's match. My name is Donnovath Silak, and I'll be your host today. Allow me to introduce our participants. Alderic Baudin, a knight from... well, ladies and --
(12:10:35 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- gentlemen, it doesn't say, but I suppose we'll be more interested in that depending on his showing." There was a pause for a round of applause that went out for Alderic. "And introducing his competition, a well known face at the King's Inn, Tayah Rivenspire, a Captain in the Arangothian army." Apparently, there was no sexist commentary from Donnovath, so that was at least a pleasant --
(12:10:35 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- enough change. "Come to the center, and shake hands. Last person standing will be the winner."
(12:10:58 pm) <@Nymphetamine> (( Intro posts into the arena, then roll your initiative. I'm assuming that you're not using the special rules? ))
(12:11:34 pm) <+Tayah`Rivenspire> ((I have absolutely no problem rolling straight dice. They're confusing enough without having to keep track of stances and modifiers))
(12:14:12 pm) * Icis`Hayen had decided she was not going to make any bets today, it seemed like bad taste considering who was about to compete. The young redhead stood in one of the rows, looking to find a good and at the very least vacant seat to watch from. Damn for being late!
(12:14:15 pm) <@Nymphetamine> (( You can roll via GameServ `roll 1d20 or roll via Dulc's dice: 1d20 ))
(12:14:24 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> By contrast, his armor was cheap and the opponent was barely out of ladhood; for all that, he stood proudly, like he'd had the benefit of training to arms from childhood, the sort of thing one found in feudal cultures where the production of a class of warriors was a paramount concern of the powers in society. The armor was decidedly second hand platemail, albeit shabby and probably bought -
(12:14:25 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> - from a pawn shop or something of that nature, but was adeptly modified to fit well enough -- perhaps the man knew how to adjust the fittings -- though there were signs of wear, tear and weaknesses in it. The man's shoulders were broad, the waist lean and the legs long; he stood at about six feet held his weapon cradled in gauntletted hands -- that, by contrast, did not look cheaply made, though -
(12:14:26 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> - it certainly did look well used; the weighted hook on one end of the head, the hammer on the other and a slendeder spike aligned with a stout, scarred, metal studded oaken stave. The lad's tanned face stared out from under a mail coif -- rather than a real helmet -- blankly, calmly, as he assessed his opponent. -
(12:14:52 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd raises one gloved hand to beckon Icis over in his direction without so much as looking up from the scene below. This should be fun.
(12:15:34 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> ((Let's keep it straightforward. No special rules.))
(12:16:04 pm) <@Suzthulhu> In spite of how tall and imposing the Wharf Commander is, Arms Commander Zesstra Riknueth manages to enter the arena rather unnoticed. Her purpose? To observe the match, of course... but also to make a few careful observations about the crowd, scoping for something suspicious. The announcement brings a smirk to her thin lips; Marnath is not -ill-. He's missing. Now given the
(12:16:04 pm) <@Suzthulhu> circumstances of his disappearance, it's highly possible the dumbass just skipped town to avoid whatever debt he owed to whoever left the note on his door. But this is Drache, and seedier things are known to happen far too often. She hangs back by one of the entrances until the fighters enter the arena. Once the crowd starts to get into it, she pushes off the wall she'd been leaning
(12:16:04 pm) <@Suzthulhu> on and heads up into the stands, climbing high enough to give her a decent vantage point from which to scan the audience.
(12:18:40 pm) * +Tayah`Rivenspire well. It was now, or never. And certainly far too late for second guessing. The half-elf made a last minute adjustment to one leather bracer, raked a hand back through short cropped black hair and prepared herself for the worst. Well, alright, not the worst, but maybe close enough. As she strode across the sands, she took in her opponent, danced across the armor, plated,
(12:18:40 pm) * +Tayah`Rivenspire heavy...and not even all that well put together. She paid particular attention to the weapon...this was one of the disadvantages of not knowing your opponent, you couldn't make plans, you went in blind, and that could be terribly dangerous. He was larger than she, by roughly half a foot, and in plate? Infinitely more powerfuly built. She was almost thankful she'd chosen the leather
(12:18:40 pm) * +Tayah`Rivenspire instead of her chain and breastplate. Being light on her feet might be the thing that saved her. Still, she offered a halfway friendly smile as she extended a hand for the lad to shake, ever the picture of good sportsmanship...for now anyway, "Vorfon."
(12:20:11 pm) * Icis`Hayen notes a hand standing out amongst the other spectators , she follows it to find who it belonged to. Maybe they saw her looking for a seat? When she got a little closer she spotted it was Ravynetti, her eyes rolling with a smile as she makes her way over and takes a seat. "I am excited you know. The good Captain left a lasting impression on me."
(12:20:37 pm) <+Tayah`Rivenspire> `roll 1D20
(12:20:37 pm) <GameServ> Tayah`Rivenspire rolled 1d20: 6 <Total: 6>
(12:20:52 pm) * Pigasus ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(12:22:07 pm) * C ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(12:22:10 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> Meanwhile, the young man's cousin and his 'friends' (including some particularly garishly painted prostitutes) constituted a shabby and loudly drunk portion of the stands; someone was buying drinks, living high on the hog and betting way too much borrowed money on the young fighter. He frowned briefly in their direction, but dismissed that from his mind and instead concentrated on the -
(12:22:10 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> - opponent. "Captain. Fortune favor." Definite accent; more's the pity, he looked clear eyed and strong, like he'd spent the night sleeping and woke up to have a good breakfast before coming here. He looked a little nervous, but he was a relative youth fighting a veteran. But he was here. 0
(12:22:18 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> `roll 1D20
(12:22:18 pm) <GameServ> Alderic`Baudin rolled 1d20: 4 <Total: 4>
(12:22:19 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd chuckles softly at Icis' words, only to nod "Indeed. This should be fun. You will cheer for Tayah when appropriate." His words are more a command than a suggestion, though he softens it somewhat with a bejeweled smile.
(12:23:49 pm) * Stephanos ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(12:30:14 pm) * Icis`Hayen quirks a brow. "As if you have to say such a thing! I like her and will cheer for her genuinely." She turned her attention to the two standing upon the sand, her smile a little nervous but mostly relaxed. The young girl had come straight from work, wearing a simple if finely made tunic. Her breeches were of soft silk, in contrast to the cotton tunic, but both were an emerald
(12:30:15 pm) * Icis`Hayen green.
(12:30:38 pm) <@Nymphetamine> (( Mandi will be going first. ))
(12:30:51 pm) * +Tayah`Rivenspire honestly, she wasn't a terrible fan of fortune, she'd dealt a rough hand a few times too many. Still, the smile widened just slightly. Fortune favor indeed. Her head dipped, and it might almost have seemed as if she intended to give the lad a little breathing room...or maybe not. There were advantages to being a blooded vet, and well, later she might even feel a little guilty
(12:30:52 pm) * +Tayah`Rivenspire about not giving him a solid chance, but hell. Ten paces and all that rot were for pretty nobles squabling over honor. She had a reputation. She might have gone for the whip, but she didn't have the space for that, so it was the short sword then, drawn and reversed so that it was the rounded pommel smashing towards the boy's face rather than the blade.
(12:31:00 pm) <+Tayah`Rivenspire> `roll 1D20
(12:31:01 pm) <GameServ> Tayah`Rivenspire rolled 1d20: 14 <Total: 14>
(12:32:34 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> `roll 1d20
(12:32:34 pm) <GameServ> Alderic`Baudin rolled 1d20: 15 <Total: 15>
(12:36:00 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> Just in the nick of time, he manages to get his head to the side -- that pommel hit might well have broken his nose and left his teeth knocked out, bloody and battered. Instead, he felt the thing catch a bit of the coif instead; he used the opportunity to step a bit away from the woman and give himself room, though there wasn't enough to really swing that monster weapon all the way. Instead, -
(12:36:01 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> - he used the hook side, bringing it down and then up, trying to catch a belt or a bit of leather strap, and, well, regrettably, flesh underneath. There wasn't rage there, just calculation -- someone gave the lad stern lessons in composure -- probably not that buffoon cousin up there, with his hand down some slattern's cheap, ostentatious melon-market of a dress. 0
(12:36:57 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> `roll 1d20
(12:36:58 pm) <GameServ> Alderic`Baudin rolled 1d20: 20 <Total: 20>
(12:37:48 pm) <+Tayah`Rivenspire> `roll 1D20
(12:37:48 pm) <GameServ> Tayah`Rivenspire rolled 1d20: 10 <Total: 10>
(12:38:53 pm) * Alderic`Baudin is now known as Alderic-2
(12:41:16 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd winces a bit at the exchange, then shakes his head. He calls down, "Don't you dare take that without retaliation, Tayah." And yet, after that he grins a bit. It's not that he enjoyed watching girls get hurt in particular. He just enjoyed watching girls, and he enjoyed watching people get hurt, so both categories fit just fine.
(12:42:34 pm) * +Tayah`Rivenspire oh well hell. There'd been a moment of satisfaction that he hadn't had one of those embrassing snarly moments...but she hadn't anticipated him being as quick as he was, and she paid the price for it. Shortsword made a poor defense against the hook...but hell, it wouldn't be the first time she was left bleeding. And she'd known that leather jerkin was going to be a poor defense
(12:42:34 pm) * +Tayah`Rivenspire against blades anyway...but she wanted her speed. A twist, and a drop backwards would send her out of reach of the damned thing, but not before leather and flesh beneath alike were torn, just there, left side of her abdomen, just above the belt. But the space allowed her use of her primary weapon anyway. And out flashed the whip, or rather, the little diamond shaped blade on the end
(12:42:34 pm) * +Tayah`Rivenspire of it, darting for the shoulder, just there, where plates joined.
(12:42:39 pm) <+Tayah`Rivenspire> `roll 1D20
(12:42:39 pm) <GameServ> Tayah`Rivenspire rolled 1d20: 3 <Total: 3>
(12:42:59 pm) <+Alderic-2> `roll 1D20
(12:43:00 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-2 rolled 1d20: 3 <Total: 3>
(12:43:06 pm) <@Suzthulhu> ((reroll))
(12:43:17 pm) <+Tayah`Rivenspire> `roll 1D20
(12:43:18 pm) <GameServ> Tayah`Rivenspire rolled 1d20: 7 <Total: 7>
(12:43:22 pm) <+Alderic-2> `roll 1d20
(12:43:22 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-2 rolled 1d20: 1 <Total: 1>
(12:44:10 pm) * Tayah`Rivenspire is now known as Tayah-1
(12:48:12 pm) <+Alderic-2> He gritted his teeth as that whip found itself digging in between pauldron and breastplate, into a soft spot where cheap chain and padding protected; he could feel himself being yanked forward by the thing as the woman pulled it out and retracted the whip, ready to strike again -- he'd gone along rather than be pulled so as to give himself a degree of footing when the thing came out. Blood -
(12:48:13 pm) <+Alderic-2> - splashed down the cheap metal, giving the bare steel a paintjob that ran in small rivulets down his flank, but he seemed able enough to keep wielding the weapon despite the pain -- the snarl wasn't anger, it was him expressing the pain subconsciously, even as he brought up his bec-de-corbin and lunged forward with it -- a delicate balancing act of staying closer in than was comfortable for the -
(12:48:14 pm) <+Alderic-2> - woman to use her whip while giving himself room enough to wield his polearm. He aimed for her hip; it looked exposed there. 0
(12:48:17 pm) <+Alderic-2> `roll 1d20
(12:48:18 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-2 rolled 1d20: 18 <Total: 18>
(12:48:36 pm) <Pigasus> "You know you're no longer up in the box, right?" said Siv of the rumormill as he sat ringside with Sean Macmillan, the town's all purpose scoundrel, war hero and celebrity. Sean, who had perched his legs up on the railing shook his finger. "Mate, the mind is its own place. Plus, I know more about fighting than any of these pissers." Siv looked at him, unimpressed. "'The mind is its own 0--
(12:48:36 pm) <Pigasus> 0-- place?' You got that from the academic. And furthermore.. MENXVAN. Gouge that cunt!" Distracted by the spectacular first blood, he winced as the lad overdid it and fell victim to Tayah's revenge. Sean punched him. "That's an officer of the army you're talking about, Siv." 0
(12:49:38 pm) <+Tayah-1> `roll 1D20
(12:49:38 pm) <GameServ> Tayah-1 rolled 1d20: 4 <Total: 4>
(12:49:40 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd claps as Tayah retaliates successfully, "Good girl." He near whispers the word before thinking just what a distraction it might provide.
(12:50:00 pm) * Alderic-2 is now known as Alderic-3
(12:53:14 pm) <Pigasus> "Aye. The -female- regiment," said Siv, rubbing his shoulder. "Moor was right. Anyone who arrives with Baron Tivaurd to cheer them on is a bad 'un." Sean shrugged. "My adventuring days taught me more ambivalence n' that. Regardless! The lad is handling himself very well. Not sure who he is but he knows his medium range and is working it, not letting the cavalrywoman get another free shot 0--
(12:53:14 pm) <Pigasus> 0-- with that whip." Siv sulked: "The whip that belonged to a DEMON lord." 0
(12:58:09 pm) * +Tayah-1 mental note. Find some of those damned things. Outfit the girls with them. Definitely. It took just slightly more effort to tear the blade on the whip free than she'd been anticipating, which put her off balance enough to not see that thrice damned thing coming at her until it was too late to do more than twist just enough to avoid having it punch through the join, leaving an
(12:58:09 pm) * +Tayah-1 ugly furrow across her right hip and drawing an angry snarl of Elven expletives probably better not repeated in polite company. Distance too close to use the whip, she closed it further, her free hand reaching to seize hold of that gods bedamned shaft of the bec, only to hopefully allow her to drag the lad closer, putting him off balance long enough for her to land a, once more,
(12:58:09 pm) * +Tayah-1 -hopefully- solid kick just to the inside of one knee. Fine. he was faster than he should be. Time to change that.
(12:58:13 pm) <+Tayah-1> `roll 1D20
(12:58:14 pm) <GameServ> Tayah-1 rolled 1d20: 7 <Total: 7>
(12:58:33 pm) <+Alderic-3> `roll 1d20
(12:58:33 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-3 rolled 1d20: 6 <Total: 6>
(12:58:50 pm) * Tayah-1 is now known as Tayah-2
(12:59:29 pm) <@Suzthulhu> "Vorfon Macmillan. I didn't know you were still around these parts." The voice comes from behind the two men as they sit commentating on the match, from the stern-faced Wharf Commander herself. "Do you happen to know anything about Vorfon Neserpix? I thought I'd ask, since you've always had a rather good bead on things in Drache." She's looming, cuz she looms over everything, with
(12:59:30 pm) <@Suzthulhu> her arms crossed over her chest.
(01:00:05 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd winces when Tayah is scratched by that polearm, then calls down "Get your head in the game or so help me I will pull off your face and put something reasonably female and vaguely doll like in its pla-Ah! There you go. I knew you could do it!"
(01:01:23 pm) <+Alderic-3> That felt, well, painful; there was a definite crunch to the back of his knee -- cheap armor, no protection. He staggered and sank to that wounded knee. But she put hands on his weapons, and he sought to teach her a lesson that advised against such arrogance. He pulled the shaft of the weapon forward with all his strength and her still holding on but then pumped it back in her direction, -
(01:01:24 pm) <+Alderic-3> - seeking to pull her closer and then bring that shaft right back in her face. Perhaps he was eager to repay her with her pommel strike, in which case this would seem a fitting retribution. Of course, that pommel strike missed. This might as well do the same. But he had to do something to shake her grip on his weapon, anyway. 0
(01:01:27 pm) <+Alderic-3> `1d20
(01:01:31 pm) <+Alderic-3> `roll 1d20
(01:01:31 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-3 rolled 1d20: 16 <Total: 16>
(01:01:33 pm) <+Alderic-3> (Derp)
(01:02:28 pm) <Pigasus> "Just came back from a cartography stint with the Royal University-like," Sean replied, turning his head but not otherwise changing his obnoxiously loungy pose. He was a bit older, early thirties, looking a little more angular, with more facial hair. "Which Neserpix? Drob Neserpix from the bookies? Alina Neserpix at the royal church?"
(01:02:31 pm) <+Tayah-2> `roll 1D20
(01:02:31 pm) <GameServ> Tayah-2 rolled 1d20: 9 <Total: 9>
(01:02:38 pm) * Alderic-3 is now known as Alderic-4
(01:04:32 pm) * VII is now known as VII-Blops2
(01:04:45 pm) <Pigasus> "Wow. She tries to widen the advantage and does, by taking some of his speed but you really have to admire the versatility of the... whatever that baby halberd is." Siv said. Sean looked back at the fight. "That's right, Siv. It's got a bludgeoning end, a hook for snagging or puncturing and it's got a second blunt edge ready to use in a pinch. Plus it's more flexible than a traditional 0--
(01:04:46 pm) <Pigasus> 0-- polearm." 0
(01:05:28 pm) <Pigasus> "A more apt description would be baby pollaxe."
(01:06:39 pm) <@Suzthulhu> "Marnath. The man who'd been in the announcer's box until today. He's been reported as missing by his staff." Her arms never leave their position either. The woman stands statue-still.
(01:06:46 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd had every reason to be vocal at this match. He'd put quite a bit of money on Tayah, after a rather ill advised night watching a show at a place at which he had purely business reasons for attending, and sources suggested he would probably personally be facing whoever won this at some point. So it was only natural to want someone whom he enjoyed picking apart than some stranger
(01:06:47 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd the announcers couldn't even place. He settles back next to Icis with a sigh, and shakes his head "this is so disappointing." He reachse out to snag up the tankard of honey mead he'd brought, from the goblin-turned-cup holder, and takes a long draught.
(01:09:20 pm) <+Alderic-4> Just an aside; around his neck was also a bit of silk scarf, knotted and colorful, the favor of some lady from the stands.
(01:10:36 pm) * +Tayah-2 and there it was. Again. The face. Why did it seem like, inevitably, someone, always, cracked her in the face? Seriously? But, goal accomplished, her hand certainly released its grip on the wooden shaft, the half elf taking one tiny, half step back and shaking her head to clear stars. And her nose? Definitely broken. Oh she could hear the wisecracks back at the barracks even
(01:10:36 pm) * +Tayah-2 then. Unacepptable. He was down, speed reduced, that was definitely a plus. Now if she could just minimalize his reach with...oh right. A foot shifted, hooked under the edge of the shortsword she'd only recently dropped...and really, there was the beauty of staying in the same little bubble, everything stayed where you could get it, but, foot hooked under the edge of it, popped it up
(01:10:36 pm) * +Tayah-2 into hand (don't try this at home kids, you might lose fingers, listen to the voice of experience here), before said shortsword was driven, rather vicious, at that already wounded shoulder.
(01:10:41 pm) <+Tayah-2> `roll 1D20
(01:10:41 pm) <GameServ> Tayah-2 rolled 1d20: 3 <Total: 3>
(01:10:53 pm) * C ([email protected]) has left #blkdragon*arena
(01:11:09 pm) <+Alderic-4> `roll 1d20
(01:11:09 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-4 rolled 1d20: 17 <Total: 17>
(01:12:23 pm) <Pigasus> "Not familiar, ma'am," Sean said with the look of a guy who regretted not being able to help. "Been out of town for near unto two years n' all, I'm somewhat out of touch. I wager he's sleeping one off."
(01:14:34 pm) <+Alderic-4> He managed to stagger up and get his polearm up to deflect that blow with a clang; the head of the bec-de-corbin deflecting the lunge wide. He widened the distance, getting into that sweet zone where he felt he had the advantage with his weapon -- raw, green, but trained, the man seemed to have a sense of what to do from many sessions of practice with a master at arms that knew his business, -
(01:14:36 pm) <+Alderic-4> - and the training was showing through - ignoring the drib-drab of blood trickling down his side, carefully guarding his wounded leg and keeping the weight off it while trying to maintain balance, he used a moment or so to set up the next attack. His hands were wide apart on the shaft of his weapon, and he used that to leverage the hammer-head of the bec-de-corbin toward the mid-section of his -
(01:14:36 pm) <+Alderic-4> - opponent; he wanted to take the air out of this woman, while he could still stand. 0
(01:14:38 pm) <+Alderic-4> `roll 1d20
(01:14:39 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-4 rolled 1d20: 8 <Total: 8>
(01:14:45 pm) <+Tayah-2> `roll 1D20
(01:14:45 pm) <GameServ> Tayah-2 rolled 1d20: 15 <Total: 15>
(01:15:01 pm) <@Suzthulhu> Steely grey eyes, like a stormy, brooding sky, remain fixed on the match for a moment before she glances upward toward the announcer's booth, pecluliarly silent where during previous bouts, Marnath had been rather boisterous. "Mm. Well. Thank you, Vorfon. I hope that's all it is." With a nod, she disappeares back into the stands. Like a damn ninja.
(01:15:30 pm) <Ravynetti`Tivaurd> Like a giant ninja.
(01:15:44 pm) <@Suzthulhu> Indeed.
(01:15:51 pm) <Pigasus> DAT'S A HUGE WENCH.
(01:21:05 pm) * +Tayah-2 now that one, that one she saw coming. In plenty of time to dance back, out of reach of that damned weapon, and give her plenty of room to break out that whip again, it was her prefered weapon anyway. But her stance was a little scewed the weeping furrow across her right hip made it difficult to put real weight down on it, she'd work with it though, she'd had much worse. The
(01:21:05 pm) * +Tayah-2 whip flashed out, lancing to seek out the left shoulder, hopefully digging into the gap in the armor there as well. Weapon like that, it had to be heavy, blood loss and strain on the shoulders had to give her an advantage. Sure, maybe it wasn't exactly sportsmanlike, oh well. It was better than, oh, jumping him and strangling him with that godsbedamned favor tied around his throat. In
(01:21:06 pm) * +Tayah-2 any case, should that nasty diamond shaped blade find its mark, it'd be ripped free in a similar manner as it had been before.
(01:21:11 pm) <+Tayah-2> `roll 1D20
(01:21:11 pm) <GameServ> Tayah-2 rolled 1d20: 19 <Total: 19>
(01:21:23 pm) <+Alderic-4> `roll 1d20
(01:21:23 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-4 rolled 1d20: 9 <Total: 9>
(01:21:37 pm) * Tayah-2 is now known as Tayah-3
(01:22:07 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd fist-pumps as that whip lashes out. "Come on Tayah, you can do it!" And then, a little more quietly, "Though I suppose if she wins I won't have the excuse I need to torture her. Oh well."
(01:25:07 pm) <+Alderic-4> He didn't quite take a bleeder; it was probably a little worse -- the whip struck that cheap steel and cratered it, splintering it inward a bit (cheap steel being no match for a diamond) but the worse part of the wound wasn't so much the cutting and bleeding, which was minor, but the bruising, swelling and the fact that the pauldron was dented, required tools to take off and had him wincing -
(01:25:08 pm) <+Alderic-4> - from the pain. Armor had its disadvantages, and one of them was when it got caved in like that. Tayah, as a result, didn't have to rip the thing free to retrieve it, though perhaps that deprived her of the ability to take him off balance as much. Seeing the folly of a huge windup and attempt to hammer her as if she were a bigger, less mobile and more vision impaired opponent, he stuck to what -
(01:25:09 pm) <+Alderic-4> - worked well with his armament- he brought the bec-de corbin up for another powerful lunge, a relatively fast attack on his part that took advantage of her lack of armor -- the chisel point of the weapon was much better steel than his armor. -
(01:25:11 pm) <+Alderic-4> `roll 1d20
(01:25:11 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-4 rolled 1d20: 10 <Total: 10>
(01:25:18 pm) <+Tayah-3> `roll 1D20
(01:25:18 pm) <GameServ> Tayah-3 rolled 1d20: 18 <Total: 18>
(01:27:41 pm) * Icis`Hayen shifts, almost getting a smack from Ravyn as he shows his enthusiasm. "Hey. Careful!" The smile on her face belittled her words, she too had been glad.

User avatar
Nymphetamine
Admin
Posts: 601
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 1:09 pm
Preferred Title: Marog the Destroyer
Characters: Aezra
Azalia Stygian
Eliya Almakira al-Fasaad
Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Results of Armed Bout #4 (with Logs)

Post by Nymphetamine » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:26 pm

(01:30:13 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd chuckles softly as he looks across to Icis, then slips his arm about her shoulders, settling back. "Sorry. She's got this in the bag now though." Even though Tayah's still technically behind.
(01:30:47 pm) * +Tayah-3 the half elf was anticipating just that. The larger more ungainly weapons didn't allow for a lot of versatility. She twisted, again, dancing lightly to the side...but not away from the lunge no. This time she moved into it, though she thankfully avoided being, you know, spitted. Because that would just be terribly awkward. But she'd come up on him, just as he reached the end
(01:30:47 pm) * +Tayah-3 of that lunge, and rather than use whip or sword, she used a more natural weapon...namely? Her skull, aiming to break his nose with a headbutt. Fair was fair afterall.
(01:30:52 pm) <+Tayah-3> `roll 1D20
(01:30:52 pm) <GameServ> Tayah-3 rolled 1d20: 14 <Total: 14>
(01:31:04 pm) <+Alderic-4> `roll 1d20
(01:31:04 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-4 rolled 1d20: 17 <Total: 17>
(01:32:46 pm) <+Alderic-4> And in response; his fist, gauntletted in a surprisingly fast return punch. But oh, he would pay if he did connected, because both his shoulders took damage, and he was swinging with his right, which was bleeding. He didn't aim for her face, but rather went for the midsection; up close and personal, he was hoping that in trying to get at his face with her head, he'd slip a punch under and get -
(01:32:46 pm) <+Alderic-4> - her a good one. One would hope, anyway. 0
(01:32:49 pm) <+Alderic-4> `roll 1d20
(01:32:49 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-4 rolled 1d20: 14 <Total: 14>
(01:33:23 pm) <+Tayah-3> `roll 1D20
(01:33:23 pm) <GameServ> Tayah-3 rolled 1d20: 6 <Total: 6>
(01:33:35 pm) * Alderic-4 is now known as Alderic-5
(01:37:15 pm) * +Tayah-3 okay...mailed fist, to stomach...not...exactly the most pleasant thing in the world...to her credit? She didn't crumble like a wilting flower, although there was definitely a grunt, and she was left partially winded...but it was also enough to piss her off. Enough that she forwent the usual tactics...and went straight for that scarf knotted around his neck. She would, by gods,
(01:37:15 pm) * +Tayah-3 choke him into unconsciousness if she bloody well had to. Yeah, alright, maybe she was a little, just a little on the irritated side. Still...if her hands managed to seize on that scarf, they'd proceed to give it a vicious twist, making every attempt to use it to cut off his air. Hah. Take that knight.
(01:37:19 pm) <+Tayah-3> `roll 1D20
(01:37:19 pm) <GameServ> Tayah-3 rolled 1d20: 16 <Total: 16>
(01:37:37 pm) <+Alderic-5> `roll 1d20
(01:37:38 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-5 rolled 1d20: 17 <Total: 17>
(01:38:58 pm) <Pigasus> Sean was there! But I had to take a phone call and now I don't know what's going on.
(01:39:04 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd winces at the falcon punch, "So glad that she isn't pregnant."
(01:40:29 pm) * Icis`Hayen 's eyes widen as she looks at Ravynetti.
(01:40:29 pm) <+Alderic-5> As it turned out, the scarf was a feint; a good one, too. A one-off trick. It was knotted to come loose when pulled, and so it did here -- it looked like a fine, ripe opportunity on a green boy that didn't know better and was full of piss, but this time it backfired. What's more, he was expecting it and had a counterattack readied -- he brought the head of his weapon low, pick-hook side -
(01:40:30 pm) <+Alderic-5> - leading so as to catch her as he tried to sweep out her leg. 0
(01:40:32 pm) <+Alderic-5> `roll 1d20
(01:40:33 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-5 rolled 1d20: 15 <Total: 15>
(01:41:11 pm) <+Tayah-3> `roll 1D20
(01:41:12 pm) <GameServ> Tayah-3 rolled 1d20: 8 <Total: 8>
(01:41:19 pm) * Alderic-5 is now known as Alderic-6
(01:42:11 pm) <+Alderic-6> It was, of course, an old tourney knight trick he'd learned from his master-at arms, the sort of thing that worked once. A green boy in a fight with a veteran, it seemed like a delicious trap. Of course, it could have been knotted firmly and she might have choked him hard with that scarf, if things had been a bit different...
(01:44:03 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd shrugs as he looks to Icis "What? This is clearly why we can't have nice things..." He gestures down to Tayah getting her ass beat.
(01:46:00 pm) * +Tayah-3 she'd pissed some divine power off. She must have. She had to have, because there was absolutely nothing in this bout really going in her favor. And oh this was going to be bloody hard to live down when she drug her battered ass back to the barracks. Maybe it wasn't too late to put in for reassignment. Somewhere far away. There was another grunt when she hit the sand, but rather
(01:46:00 pm) * +Tayah-3 than pop back up to her feet, no, she used the ground to her advantage, aiming another vicious kick, to the same knee, hoping to take that leg right out from under him if she could.
(01:46:08 pm) <+Tayah-3> `roll 1D20
(01:46:09 pm) <GameServ> Tayah-3 rolled 1d20: 6 <Total: 6>
(01:46:13 pm) <+Alderic-6> `roll 1d20
(01:46:13 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-6 rolled 1d20: 1 <Total: 1>
(01:46:25 pm) * Tayah-3 is now known as Tayah-4
(01:48:48 pm) * Griffin ([email protected]) Quit (Quit: dammit y u no have wall sockets)
(01:49:09 pm) <+Alderic-6> Perhaps in his eagerness, he took that hit; it looked like he'd be limping even harder after the bout. He went down on his knee with a groan -- cheap steel didn't protect from good boot heels, either -- and didn't seem like he was going to get up off that leg, or put much weight on that knee. Instead, he brought his weapon up from that kneel, over his head and aimed to bludgeon her; he had -
(01:49:10 pm) <+Alderic-6> - her, he thought, but he didn't want to kill the woman. It was bad form in a tourney, even with live weapons and healers. It seemed judicious, if perhaps overly chivalrous, to do it that way, especially given the nature of the fighting and the way neither side cared much for niceties like fair play and skill alone, but in the end, he was what he was raised to be, and one simply didn't try to kill -
(01:49:11 pm) <+Alderic-6> - an opponent in a tourney, even if the healers were standing right there... 0
(01:49:13 pm) <+Alderic-6> `roll 1d20
(01:49:14 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-6 rolled 1d20: 16 <Total: 16>
(01:49:34 pm) <+Tayah-4> `roll 1D20
(01:49:34 pm) <GameServ> Tayah-4 rolled 1d20: 5 <Total: 5>
(01:49:41 pm) * Alderic-6 is now known as Alderic-7
(01:50:45 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd sighs softly as he frowns at Icis, "This is your fault you know, Maybe you should've called her mommy or something at the get go, made her get all pissed off so she could unleash the beast on him." He sighs and covers his face as that last blow comes down. "It's over." He shakes his head sadly.
(01:51:31 pm) * Alderic-7 is now known as Alderic`Baudin
(01:51:48 pm) * +Tayah-4 annnd out, down like a sack of rocks, but boy was she going to be pissed when she came to. Actually, pissed probably didn't even begin to accurately describe what the half elf's temperament was like to be when she came round. But that wasn't the point.
(01:51:51 pm) <@Suzthulhu> And the crowd goes wild!!! Some from excitement, and some from horror at losing their bets and owing money to the sharks, of course. "And there you have it ladies and gentlemen! The newcomer, Vorfon Alderic Baudin is the champion! He will move on to the next bracket of fights, schedule is to be announced!" And then they get the hell out of the announcer's box before someone drags
(01:51:51 pm) <@Suzthulhu> them off to join Marnath.
(01:52:03 pm) * Tayah-4 is now known as Tayah
(01:52:43 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd rises with a swirl of that black cloak, then begins to make his way down toward the arena floor, hoping someone has the sense to dispel the anti magic before he reaches it and has to do it himself.
(01:53:08 pm) <@Nymphetamine> The healers would rush out onto the field following the end of the match to stabilize each of the combatants.
(01:53:27 pm) <@Suzthulhu> Oh, right, the healers.
(01:53:48 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> He wasn't going anywhere on that knee, not without a healer, but he used the polearm, once he'd dispatched Tayah with the reverse-stroke, which meant the metal capped, weighted blunt end of the bec-de-corbin and unconsciousness rather than death, to prop himself up as he lowered his weight off that wounded leg and sort of lay there. Actually, his shoulders burned too -- one felt numb from the -
(01:53:48 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> - battering of the armor, the other bled from the wound he took. There'd be hell to pay; the armor looked like it'd been mangled some and tools would be required to get the breastplate and left pauldron off. He inspected it with dismay-- it was a costly operation for cheap steel. Meanwhile, his cousin was lifting wine up with his slum rat, gallows-bait friends, celebrating their windfall of -
(01:53:49 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> - gambling profits. 0
(01:55:05 pm) * Icis`Hayen winces a little. "Damn she is going to be worse than when I was late the other day." With a sigh she watched the healers run towards them both, Ravyn close behind.
(01:55:05 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd glances across to Alderic, then hops down to the floor, and treads out toward Tayah. He lets his fear aura roll full bloom outward from him, like some invisible wave of preternatural dread, just tangible in the air. He heads toward Tayah with a deep frown on his cold, dead blue lips. It's quite likely that he's lost six figures in that moment alone.
(02:01:03 pm) * +Tayah out. Like a light. No, seriously, she wasn't coming around anytime in the near future. And if she did come to on her own, it was going to be with a lump the size of a goose egg on her head, a busted nose and...well not it was probably better to not actually get into the miscellaneous injuries.
(02:02:38 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd of course wasn't likely to let Tayah off the hook that easily. Unconscious or not. Hell, some of his employees couldn't even use death as an excuse. He lifts his right hand, and slowly closes his fist within the air. Almost immediately, a ghastly, ghostly blue-white mist begins to slither from where his feet touch the floor, winding toward Tayah. Those tendrils of mist would
(02:02:38 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd seek to pass through her as a ghost might, but with a deep, bone-wracking chill, setting to work repairing the damage in the most excruciating manner possible, healers be damned.
(02:06:52 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> He was moved a ways off, closer to the healer's instruments and so forth. They had their hands full -- someone that knew what they were doing had to use tools to bend that pauldron out of the way and get that breastplate off; both snapped from the force exerted, and that was even more money. Meanwhile, cousin Bretan was going with his friends to collect winnings -- it seemed like a raw deal, -
(02:06:52 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> - even if he won. He'd served surety with the moneylender on the deal and if he'd lost....well, he'd have to figure out how to pay the guy back. In this scenario, as the disfavored one in the odds, his cousin just made a windfall off their gambling money. He tried to call out, "Cousin! Make sure to..!" but was cut off with a wave of pain as the healer got that pauldron off -- the shoulder and -
(02:06:53 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> - arm was extensively bruised. It was bad. But he couldn't give chase even if he wanted too because the leg was a mess; it was possible she managed to break something with those kicks. "Easy, friend, sleep..." That had the force of a spell behind it, so he succumbed. -
(02:09:16 pm) * Garrit (Garrit`[email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(02:09:58 pm) * +Tayah oh right, because that was just what she needed, more pain heaped upon injury. It would still be several long, long moments before the dark blue eyes finally flicked open, a groan escaping her lips...but she made no effort to sit up, just yet. It would have been a very, very bad idea, "Someone do me a favor yeah? Find that horse that ran me down, and skin it," there were gnomes
(02:09:59 pm) * +Tayah in her head. Hammering, hammering, hammering away, trying to batter their way out of her skull. No. She didn't want to be awake yet. Sleep was better. Sleep was good.
(02:12:36 pm) * Icis`Hayen ([email protected]) Quit (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
(02:14:40 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd gazes down to Tayah with a deep frown upon his features. Deep and disappointed. Tayah's flesh would glow blue in places, where his magic continues to work, knitting her together from inside. "You lost." It's all he says, before beginning to summon that mistgate. It's a ghostly bank that moves to rise about him, about Tayah, and about Icis, whenever she should manage to return.
(02:14:46 pm) * Garrit (Garrit`[email protected]) has left #blkdragon*arena
(02:15:58 pm) * +Tayah oh. How nice of him to state the obvious. She wasn't in the mood, "Oh piss off," and then mist gate. Fucking hell.
(02:16:33 pm) * @Suzthulhu ([email protected]) has left #blkdragon*arena
(02:16:35 pm) <Ravynetti`Tivaurd> And when it fades away, so do they.

Post Reply