Results of Semi Finals Bout #1 (with Log)

Drache's newspaper of current events and social functions.

All of the in character news is found here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Nymphetamine
Admin
Posts: 601
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 1:09 pm
Preferred Title: Marog the Destroyer
Characters: Aezra
Azalia Stygian
Eliya Almakira al-Fasaad
Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak
Location: Seattle, WA

Results of Semi Finals Bout #1 (with Log)

Post by Nymphetamine » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:33 pm

The match between Ravynetti Tivaurd and Alderic Baudin was one full of unexpected surprises. Tivaurd took an early lead in the bout, and seemed poised to win, when a lucky stroke by Baudin evened the damage. The bout went on longer than perhaps the demilich had expected it would, and the anti magic field had taken its toll. Ending the match, Tivaurd's form was reduced to ashes, while healers came running afield to check on our living participant.

Baudin advances to the finals, and his opponent will be determined in the match against hometown favourite, Elan Tedronai and Emshi warrior, Khial al-Amas'kyaa.

User avatar
Nymphetamine
Admin
Posts: 601
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 1:09 pm
Preferred Title: Marog the Destroyer
Characters: Aezra
Azalia Stygian
Eliya Almakira al-Fasaad
Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Results of Semi Finals Bout #1 (with Log)

Post by Nymphetamine » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:34 pm

(01:03:28 pm) <@Nymphetamine> The Drache Arena is a large, enclosed stadium-esque building with a series of raised, wooden bleachers surrounding an oval shaped, packed earth field. Sand had been carted up from the beach at regular intervals to give the ground a slight bit more give, but it wouldn't do much to cushion any falls from combantants this day. Entrances to the field were on the north, and south sides, fenced off --
(01:03:28 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- from the stands. Mages hired by the Privy Council were in place to maintain the anti-magic field that enveloped the field, preventing the use of magic, as well as the usage of magical items. Any enchanted weapons, armour, talismans or other gear was rendered mundane while on the field. This shield or shell extended into the first rows of the audience seating, if only to prevent anyone from --
(01:03:28 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- playing with the edges, and trying to get a fire spell to work, or some such. Combatants were checked for their registered weapons and armour, and sent to opposite entrances of the field. Marnath Nesepix is still not in attendance, and it would appear that his assistant, Donnovath Silak was taking up the duties again. The young man came to the railing, a smile on his face as he gestured for --
(01:03:28 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- quiet. "Welcome to the first bout of the semi final rounds of the Tournament. Today's match is a contest between Drache's celebrated benefactor, Ravynetti Tivaurd and newcomer, Alderic Baudin." The cheers errupted through the arena at the names. The showing of both in the preliminary round had excited them and there was an expectation of an amazing fight today. "If the two gentlemen --
(01:03:28 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- would please come to the center of the arena."
(01:03:52 pm) <@Nymphetamine> (( Intro posts and roll for initiative. We'll be using the special rules today as per the participants' agreement. ))
(01:08:00 pm) * Karismun ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(01:08:33 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> A pair of purple cloaked goblins dash away from Ravynetti's corner, revealing him for the first time. The Necromancer rises as he is revealed. Maces, as before. Each one with a solid metal shaft, topped with a human skull reinforced with metal rods and bindings. At his hip, a short bladed silver sword, and slung at his back is his bone shield, supported by a leather strap. Today
(01:08:34 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> though his armor, that bone mail from before, is reinforced. The crown of bone still rests upon his head, along with the bone-ring coif, but flaps along the sides have been added of carefully threaded leather through bone plates. The black robes he wears are still reinforced with bone strips. Splints along the sleeves, along the flowing leather that swirls about his legs, but the bone
(01:08:34 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> ring tunic that dominates his torso has been reinforced with a ribcage, and over this bone plates of curious design, gleaming white against the black backing. Where those robes split, greaves of similar bone design, sewn to a black leather backing are visible. With a mace in each hand, he strides forth into the ring, "Time to have some fun." His voice clear, ringing out in that alien
(01:08:34 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> tone, though almost as soon as he enters that antimagic field he begins to smoulder once more. Consuming his own flesh to keep mobile amidst the lack of magic.
(01:08:52 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> `roll 1d20
(01:08:52 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd rolled 1d20: 13 <Total: 13>
(01:13:16 pm) <@Nymphetamine> Risia Silak was at her brother's side in the announcer's box, watching the the opening ceremonies of the bout. The young woman was almost forbidden to come, for her disappearance and unplanned trip to the King's Inn after the last match, but apparently prevailed on her over protective father to allow her to attend. She was unable to keep herself seated, and had joined him at the rail, gloved --
(01:13:16 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- fingers holding tightly.
(01:15:53 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> No retinue, but he’d traded the armor he’d worn before, cheap, second-hand and badly used, for something fitted better to him; quality plate, thick steel. Plain, but workmanlike, well made for the purpose of combat. Some men adorned their attire with surcoats and plumes, but he went ‘white’ and elected for bare steel, cracted carefully to present angles and ridges that would turn enemy weapons 0-
(01:15:53 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> 0- or catch them, while presenting fewer places to stick a narrow blade. And the young warrior looked like he’d been trained to wear such with a degree of ease that the average Drachian, unfamiliar with the use of heavy armor and the conditioning involved, might find deceptive -- such armor was often considered turtlelike, overly encumbering. But the reality was that people were used to it. In his 0-
(01:15:54 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> 0- case, he saluted with his weapon, the same bec-de-corbin he’d used against the Captain, to a woman in the stands before he stepped forward, bringing his weapon back down from the salute and into his hands, the stance workmanlike. He didn’t bother with a helm today; the face was tanned, strong-featured and his neck was broad, like his shoulders. His eyes were dark and his hair inky, but cut 0-
(01:15:55 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> 0- short. Why eschew the helmet? It was possible that he figured to be facing Drache’s fighters who would dance around a bit more than a comparably armed man, and he wanted to keep eyes on them. It took a certain bravery, to trade protection for vision, but a degree of battle-wisdom as well. 0-
(01:15:59 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> `roll 1d20
(01:15:59 pm) <GameServ> Alderic`Baudin rolled 1d20: 7 <Total: 7>
(01:16:34 pm) <@Nymphetamine> (( Rav will be leading. Gimme one sec to whip up the next post. ))
(01:17:05 pm) * Thalion ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(01:20:54 pm) * Brad is now known as BradNap
(01:20:57 pm) <@Nymphetamine> With both men coming to stand in the middle, Donnovath reached to take the square of silk from one of his fellow assistants from the right, a bright bloody scarlet square that was easily seen against the wood paneling and the sand of the arena floor. Holding it aloft, he looked at the rest of the crowd with a smile. "The two gentlemen will fight until one yields, or one cannot fight. At your --
(01:20:57 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- ready, gentlemen. When the silk hits the sands, you may begin." And like the showman his employer had been, he held them all raptly for a few moments, until his sister gave him a dirty look and could be heard faintly to make a squeal of protest at him. A laugh escaped him, and he dropped the hankerchief. It fluttered prettily to the sands, and the match began.
(01:24:32 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> He's not facing the average Drachean of course. The Necromancer, an undead monstrosity, did see this all as entertainment though. Fighting him in the arena was a little different. Would Alderic realize it? Of course one could just keep hacking away or stabbing to disable the necromancer's body, but the real fight was against time. Ravynetti's opponent couldn't knock him out, but
(01:24:33 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> rather could do enough damage to force the Necromancer to yield. Even now, Ravyn's body continues to smoulder under that armor, producing an eerie smoke about him. The antimagic field was doing its work. It was like a lobster in boiling water. Time there was not his friend. Ravyn lifts his maces and crosses them over his chest, in a pose not unlike that of a mummy. "Fight well my
(01:24:33 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> friend." His voice speaks in an eerie echo as he bows his head to Alderic, then shifts easily into a standard stance. Not particularly aggressive or defensive just yet. His armor was perhaps lighter than the heavy steel Alderic preferred, but the bone mail was heavier than what he'd seen in these fights thus far. With a turn of one mailed foot, Ravyn surges forward in a sudden lurch.
(01:24:33 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> He needed to close the distance under that bec de corbin. His left mace lashes out toward the haft of the weapon, trying to use the weight of that mace head to knock it with a stinging force.
(01:24:36 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> `roll 1d20
(01:24:37 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd rolled 1d20: 15 <Total: 15>
(01:27:40 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> `roll 1d20
(01:27:40 pm) <GameServ> Alderic`Baudin rolled 1d20: 16 <Total: 16>
(01:34:04 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> He gave a correct bow before the bout actually started, not particularly wishing to touch a known necromancer for a variety of very intelligent reasons, but he’d apparently learned from Tayah -- he was expecting a quick rush and he was prepared to meet it, though it was mostly a matter of a sidestep and deflecting the blow with a proper parry using the weapon, suddenly the bec-de-corbin was 0-
(01:34:05 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> 0- up, and it was up rather quickly to knock the mace wide from its target. Seeing the movements and watching the telegraphing of blows, having vision, provided the edge -- faster reaction than a man could muster trying to see through slits and airholes in a visor. He’d never been a man for a helmet, though perhaps having his brains knocked out with a mace might change that tune considerably. 0-
(01:34:06 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> 0- Boldness was a young man’s game and caution was for those that survived their arrogant youth. In any case, he made his counterattack with a lunge of the weapon past Ravynetti and then a pulling motion to bring the hook of the bec-de-corbin somewhere in the area of the man’s shoulder, a good place as any to try and catch his opponent, particularly between the bones somewhere in that 0-
(01:34:07 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> 0- panapoly. 0-
(01:34:12 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> (normal stance.)
(01:34:21 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> `roll 1d20
(01:34:22 pm) <GameServ> Alderic`Baudin rolled 1d20: 19 <Total: 19>
(01:35:18 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> `roll 1d20
(01:35:18 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd rolled 1d20: 3 <Total: 3>
(01:35:25 pm) * Alderic`Baudin is now known as Alderic-`
(01:35:26 pm) * Alderic-` is now known as Alderic-1
(01:38:14 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> And catch his shoulder it does, digging in past the bone mail, past that plate and into the leather, narrowly avoiding his back. Blue blood springs forth, glowing for just a fraction of a second before the antimagic field claims the glow. Smoke rises from that wound as his flesh begins to dissolve slowly around it, hidden under that armor. But then Ravynetti is on the inside of that
(01:38:15 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> weapon. It might be dug into his shoulder, but he's closer now. He's no monster of a man, just five foot six and a bare hundred and something pounds, he shouldn't be one to weild such heavy weapons, and yet he is. Laughter rises from his dead blue lips as he whirls one of those maces about in his hand, bringing it up toward Alderic's left side, even as his other lifts to try to hook
(01:38:15 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> the mace head about that polearm, to keep the hook in the wound.
(01:38:18 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> `roll 1d20
(01:38:18 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd rolled 1d20: 1 <Total: 1>
(01:39:50 pm) <+Alderic-1> `roll 1d20
(01:39:50 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-1 rolled 1d20: 17 <Total: 17>
(01:39:58 pm) * Griffin ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(01:42:53 pm) <@Nymphetamine> "It looks like the newcomer takes an early lead. It's such an odd weapon, the bec de corbin. Not the most exotic weapon we've seen in these matches this year. That one Reshalian fellow was using a kuntham. That one gave some fo the organizers some trouble before it was explained -what- a kuntham was." Donnovath even sounded somewhat sheepish about that, being one of the organizers, or at --
(01:42:53 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- least an assistant to them, at the very least. "Vorfon Tivaurd is going to have to do better than that, if he wants to beat Vorfon Baudin. Though, he is also battling against the anti magic field our mages put up earlier."
(01:44:26 pm) <+Alderic-1> A fast disengagement saved him from taking a real wound or the main force of that mace attack -- instead, it pinged a glancing blow that the new armor, high quality stuff, turned away. The way you fought with a poleaxe or a halberd or a bec-de-corbin was to understand the need for disengagement, and here too he executed a half-moon stepping motion that allowed for him to clear away, put the 0-
(01:44:27 pm) <+Alderic-1> 0- distance between his enemy and control that space with a rigid determination -- he was a disciplined fighter, no barbarian to be easily pinned by his own aggression. The next movement sought to continue to maintain that space and the reach advantage he had through his height, length of arm, physical conditioning (mobility) and, of course, the weapon itself. He used the long spike at the top of 0-
(01:44:28 pm) <+Alderic-1> 0- the weapon as a spear, jabbing a thrust forward toward the opponent, seeking the lower midsection, perhaps even the pelvis or hips. This too was measured, “A man’s legs and a man’s pride and a man’s air. Any of the three disabled suffices to slow your man down. And slower is easier to hit.” There was a clarity of the lessons of the practice field here, as it clicked. 0-
(01:44:33 pm) <+Alderic-1> (Normal stance.)
(01:44:36 pm) <+Alderic-1> `roll 1d20
(01:44:36 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-1 rolled 1d20: 16 <Total: 16>
(01:46:14 pm) * Ayanula ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(01:46:15 pm) * ChanServ sets mode: +o Ayanula
(01:47:33 pm) * Thalion ([email protected]) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
(01:48:04 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> `roll 1d20
(01:48:04 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd rolled 1d20: 18 <Total: 18>
(01:50:27 pm) * Suzthulhu ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(01:50:27 pm) * ChanServ sets mode: +o Suzthulhu
(01:53:57 pm) * Ayanula is now known as Aya`Lunch
(01:54:54 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> Of note to the observant, none of the Necromancer's official retinue was in the stand, cheering him on. No one except for a few goblins whom (it was generally agreed) no one would really object to the disappearance of, should they somehow let the details of the match slip. Perhaps it's a sign that he wasn't confident of winning this match? Regardless, when Alderic disengages, so does
(01:54:54 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> Ravynetti, stepping back hastily with those maces to either side. His mail clatters and scrapes with a sound that might send shivers down the spines of those who have faced the undead in dusty, dry crypts. It sounded like a skeleton's movement. That thrust forard does find a mark, sadly it is one of those reinforced ribs of the Necromancer's bone mail. "Quite nice.." Ravynetti's voice
(01:54:54 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> is drier than before, sounding of dry, dead leaves in winter. The bec de corbin gave Alderic the momentary advantage of reach, he'd have to do something about that. Ravynetti lowers one of htose maces and steps on the mace head with one booted foot, revealing that greave. Straining, twisting the handle, the mace head suddenly detatches with a sharp click. The sound of chain jingling
(01:54:54 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> and scraping against itself follows, as Ravynetti draws the haft of that right mace upward, until a length of chain perhaps two and a half feet in length connects the shaft to the mace head. Cables of steel wind amongst the chains, connecting other mechanisms in that handle to the mace head. Now with a bone mace in one hand, and a bone flail in the other, the necromancer whips the
(01:54:54 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> flail up suddenly, just in case his opponent had closed the distance in that intervening time. He whirls that flail in a figure eight before him, watching that polearm with flickering blue eyes, before he lashes out to seek to wrap that chain and mace head about the shaft.
(01:55:01 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> `roll 1d20
(01:55:01 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd rolled 1d20: 5 <Total: 5>
(01:56:08 pm) <+Alderic-1> `roll 1d20
(01:56:08 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-1 rolled 1d20: 8 <Total: 8>
(02:02:12 pm) <+Alderic-1> It was a close thing, that wrapping, and for a moment it looked like, indeed, that he had been caught, but he brought the caught end down low, the one with the hammer and the hook and the chisel point, and instead came around in that circular sidestep with the blunt end of the weapon -- the haft was thick oak studded with steel, it wasn’t much mercy, and it was a shift in tactic; confronted 0-
(02:02:12 pm) <+Alderic-1> 0- with chain weapons, he reverted to a closer-combat technique with the bec-de-corbin, which meant that he used the pole as an anchor and moved in a radius around that centerpoint. In this case, the enemy was on another point in the path of that radius, and the haft was aimed for neck, cheek, temple, skull. Whatever it could make a solid, hard contact with. 0
(02:02:18 pm) <+Alderic-1> (Normal stance.)
(02:02:22 pm) <+Alderic-1> `roll 1d20
(02:02:23 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-1 rolled 1d20: 1 <Total: 1>
(02:02:31 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> `roll 1d20
(02:02:31 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd rolled 1d20: 2 <Total: 2>
(02:03:14 pm) * Emilia ([email protected]) Quit (Quit: Bye!)
(02:06:13 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> It does make a solid, hard contact. Right with that bone crown helmet of his. The blow would undoubtedly rattle a living being, but the Necromancer just grins, showing those bejeweled teeth of his. That skin is so much paler, even visible beyond the guard of that helm, of the hang of that mail coif beneath. The antimagic field was taking its toll. Close in, with that chain weapon in
(02:06:13 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> one hand, Ravyn draws that flail back, to disentagle the chain from itself with a shake. Meanwhile that left hand mace, still held in a firm grip, lashes upward toward Alderic's right arm. It was a shift in tactics himself. Whereas his battle with the reptile had been brutal and bestial, he was facing Alderic with something akin to reasonable tactics. Aiming to disarm or disable. Maybe
(02:06:13 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> in a few wounds, things would be different.
(02:06:15 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> `roll 1d20
(02:06:15 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd rolled 1d20: 13 <Total: 13>
(02:07:06 pm) <+Alderic-1> `roll 1d20
(02:07:07 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-1 rolled 1d20: 17 <Total: 17>
(02:08:33 pm) <@Nymphetamine> Donnovath continued to make dry commentary of the combatants, more balanced than his employer had been during all of the matches Marnath had presided over. "They do appear quite unable to get inside the other's guard, don't they?" he asked quietly, though if this was to his sister sitting with him, her reply was not heard. At least it wasn't the same sort of snarky remarks that the --
(02:08:33 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- previous host had made. "I do wonder when we're going to see a bit weightier in exchanges. This match could go on forever." A pause. "Well no, I do suppose Vorfon Tivaurd is also fighting against the clock, as well."
(02:15:07 pm) * Aya`Lunch is now known as Ayanula
(02:15:49 pm) <+Alderic-1> He was already pulling back when he saw that the blow was deflected by a helmet-- he hadn’t bothered with it, but that would have been a bad wound if the same had happened to him from the opponent. There was no time to consider it and all too little to consider the response to that mace that was coming in. He released the grip with his right hand, brought the weapon and brought the weapon’s 0-
(02:15:50 pm) <+Alderic-1> 0- blunt end back and down and the head of the weapon up to make the parry...but then, he pistoned his left arm forward again, bringing the haft up from low toward the opponent’s midsection. A leg would probably feel numbed from the impact of that stave. The midsection would lose air. The man’s pride? Well, how much of him was dead and how much wasn’t? It was time to test the master at arm’s wisdom 0-
(02:15:51 pm) <+Alderic-1> 0- once more and go for that lower target, to try and take some of the air and legs away from his foe. 0
(02:15:57 pm) <+Alderic-1> (normal stance still. ;P)
(02:16:00 pm) <+Alderic-1> `roll 1d20
(02:16:01 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-1 rolled 1d20: 7 <Total: 7>
(02:16:16 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> `roll 1d20
(02:16:17 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd rolled 1d20: 17 <Total: 17>
(02:22:33 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> One in medium armor, one in heavy, at least he didn't have to deal with the whole 'dancing around' comments some of the fighters had endured. Once more the impact lands, once more it's blunted, this time by the bone rings that spread the force of the blow across the Necromancer's midsection. It would have knocked the air from a living opponent, except this one wasn't living. There's
(02:22:34 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> that sepulchural voice again, sounding amused, "I'm not sure whether to commend you, or your armorer. Fine choice friend, fine choice... though if you keep aiming there, you're apt to make my wives jealous." He steps backward hurriedly, bringing that flail head forward in an arcing whip. He hadn't had time to spin it up to full force, it was an obvious feint. Indeed as his right hand
(02:22:34 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> brings that flail around, he spins. It's a momentary exposure of his back to his opponent, a back guarded by that bone shield still slung there, but as soon as that mace in his left hand is spun from the line of sight there's a click and a swish of steel. Ravynetti pops the catch that keeps that nine inch razor hidden within the mace head, even as he brings it in a follow up strike
(02:22:34 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> toward Alderic in the wake of that purposefully ineffective flail swing. He completes that spin, putting the force of his spin behind the mace blow. He's unable to aim it properly, but now there's not just the mace to deal with, but the added reach of the blade jutting forth from the top of the skull.
(02:22:36 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> `roll 1d20
(02:22:37 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd rolled 1d20: 20 <Total: 20>
(02:23:56 pm) * Aislinn is now known as Karys
(02:24:00 pm) <+Alderic-1> `roll 1d20
(02:24:01 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-1 rolled 1d20: 3 <Total: 3>
(02:24:07 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd is now known as Ravynetti`Tivaurd-2
(02:28:21 pm) <+Alderic-1> He wasn’t the support to respond to japes and jibes, and if that made him seem grim and more underwater, so be it. The strike however? That takes him full in the midsection; his arms master loved to preach about a man’s midsection and here he was, taking a clanging, denting full on hit to the midsection. The blade might not penetrate, but that wasn’t the point of good blunt force trauma; it 0-
(02:28:22 pm) <+Alderic-1> 0- caved in a part of the cuirass and even bruised a rib or two in the process, making breathing harder, decreasing a man’s stamina. A belly hit was like that. He had little to do but to try and recover from it and attempt a counterattack. In this case, it meant bringing the hammer head around in a round-about swing, trying to catch something in the way of armor of flesh to hook or batter. But 0-
(02:28:23 pm) <+Alderic-1> 0- there was a stagger in his step -- that blow was going to be felt for a while. The armor was good, but it wasn’t going to save a man from good hits indefinitely... 0-
(02:28:24 pm) <+Alderic-1> `1d20
(02:28:27 pm) <+Alderic-1> `roll 1d20
(02:28:28 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-1 rolled 1d20: 6 <Total: 6>
(02:28:38 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd-2> `roll 1d20
(02:28:39 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd-2 rolled 1d20: 2 <Total: 2>
(02:28:55 pm) * Alderic-1 is now known as Alderic-2
(02:30:04 pm) <+Alderic-2> or flesh *
(02:31:23 pm) <@Nymphetamine> "Now, we're getting to some action!" The host was shoved by his sister, now sitting on the edge of her seat and leaning forward, face full of concern. While Donnovath seemed to have more poise, he was still sitting and watching the fight with a much more casual air about him, though a look was thrown Risia's way when she pushed him. "Vorfon Baudin takes a devestating blow to the --
(02:31:23 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- stomach, knocking the wind out of his sails, but he turns around back."
(02:34:17 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd-2 sighs heavily as that mace impacts. "Seriously, seriously? Two opponents in a row?" He lifts his mace with the blade jutting from it and turns to the crowd "Ladies and gentlemen, I have a blade, in the mace. It extends the reach, and helps to shift the momentum of my strike forward when it's caught. If anyone else gets caught off guard..." And then that hook slams into his
(02:34:17 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd-2 side, puncturing the leather betwene the plates and hooking there. Ravynetti stares down at the blow, at the blood that sparks and flares before fading, at the smoke that now rises from both of his wounds thus far, his flesh boiling away within the antimagic field. His gaze shifts back to Alderic, his eyelights flickering, dimming, then flickering again. He lifts the flail up above
(02:34:17 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd-2 his head, whirling it about twice, three times, just as he clamps that armored left arm down upon the bec de corbin, seeking to keep the hooked head within his wound again. If it was inside him it might do more damage, but he knew where it was at least. Hopefully he could hold the weapon long enough, for that flail is then brought down in an overhand swing toward Alderic, just a crude,
(02:34:17 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd-2 inexpert arc downward, relying on the power of that flail rather than any particular skill.
(02:34:21 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd-2> `roll 1d20
(02:34:21 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd-2 rolled 1d20: 2 <Total: 2>
(02:34:56 pm) <+Alderic-2> `roll 1d20
(02:34:57 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-2 rolled 1d20: 2 <Total: 2>
(02:35:22 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd-2> <<rerolling>>
(02:35:30 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd-2> `roll 1d20
(02:35:30 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd-2 rolled 1d20: 11 <Total: 11>
(02:35:34 pm) <+Alderic-2> `roll 1d20
(02:35:35 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-2 rolled 1d20: 5 <Total: 5>
(02:35:44 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd-2 is now known as Ravynetti`Tivaurd-3
(02:37:57 pm) <+Alderic-2> A hard blow with him sort of caught up in his opponent; he tried to bring the hook out fast enough but just couldn’t, and that flail came down on a pauldron -- and it was just as well it went there rather than his head. Tayah’s whip was something fell and could penetrate cheaper steel with relative ease, but this time the flail put a considerable dent in the weapon -- possibly because the man 0-
(02:37:57 pm) <+Alderic-2> 0- wielding it had strength beyond mortal normal -- and the man beneath it found the pain flashing over his vision as he staggered to regain balance in the wake of that strike. After all that measurement, it was a brute force blow that got him this time. His thrust, likewise, once he got that hook out, was of similar stuff -- a fast and furious reaction as instinct took over and he tried to control 0-
(02:37:58 pm) <+Alderic-2> 0- the distance. 0
(02:38:00 pm) <+Alderic-2> `roll 1d20
(02:38:01 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-2 rolled 1d20: 11 <Total: 11>
(02:38:44 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd-3> `roll 1d20
(02:38:44 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd-3 rolled 1d20: 20 <Total: 20>
(02:39:01 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd-3 is now known as Ravynetti`Tivaurd-4
(02:40:34 pm) <+Alderic-2> considerable dent in the armor *
(02:42:42 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd-4> With that mace falling, there's little he can do to stop that return thrust. The necromancer has his flail head on the ground, no momentum behind it, standing like a sitting duck as that point is thrust toward him. Instinct might serve well in most circumstances, but his own cold, dead features watch that oncoming point with a cruel calculation. He steps into the thrust, letting it
(02:42:43 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd-4> skitter off of his own bone pauldron. Instead of denting, it is knocked loose, exposing the leather sleeve beneath, as well as the bone rings stitched into it. The purpose of that forward step? to thrust his mace, with the sword blade jutting from the tip, forward in a simple, shallow lunge. As soon as that blade may catch, he swings it aside, seeking to send Alderic backward. In that
(02:42:43 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd-4> moment he lifts his right hand, with the flail, to whirl that chain toward the bec de corbin again, seeking to entangle the hooked end and tug it free.
(02:42:45 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd-4> `roll 1d20
(02:42:45 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd-4 rolled 1d20: 11 <Total: 11>
(02:44:56 pm) <+Alderic-2> `roll 1d20
(02:44:56 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-2 rolled 1d20: 17 <Total: 17>
(02:47:59 pm) <+Alderic-2> But he seemed to regain his footing, at least long enough to deflect blows and try to find his balance. The momentum was against him now and he was taking hits, and it was time to disengage from the fury of a melee and reassert the discipline and the calm. There was a way forward to dig out of this, but he wasn’t sure if it was going to happen or not -- so much lay on the element of chance 0-
(02:48:00 pm) <+Alderic-2> 0- today, it seemed. But he didn’t relinquish his weapon here, and his rapid stepping back meant that he could try to move around a bit. Step-step-step, find the time to move back in and engage. No one would call this fight a dance, but it was time for a lull in the action, to regain perspective. But that came to a stop after about fifteen seconds of moving, breathing, assessing. Another man might 0-
(02:48:01 pm) <+Alderic-2> 0- get desperate, but he knew that was folly -- fight hard but fight cold, with brutal efficiency. And so that economy of motion came through in his next approach where he half-moon stepped inward, his hands well apart on the haft and the lower hand providing leverage as the upper hand brought the hammer head down hard, aiming for his opponent with a hard blow. 0-
(02:48:03 pm) <+Alderic-2> `roll 1d20
(02:48:03 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-2 rolled 1d20: 10 <Total: 10>
(02:48:22 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd-4> `roll 1d20
(02:48:22 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd-4 rolled 1d20: 6 <Total: 6>
(02:48:30 pm) * Alderic-2 is now known as Alderic-3

User avatar
Nymphetamine
Admin
Posts: 601
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 1:09 pm
Preferred Title: Marog the Destroyer
Characters: Aezra
Azalia Stygian
Eliya Almakira al-Fasaad
Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Results of Semi Finals Bout #1 (with Log)

Post by Nymphetamine » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:34 pm

(02:54:09 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd-4> It was perhaps the efficiency of his opponent that had caused him caution thus far. Caused him to not bring his cheering squad, to order even his daughter not to attend. The Necromancer was not used to dealing with people who could hold their heads in combat. It was ... refreshing. Thus when that hammer comes down to impact his unarmored shoulder, and send Ravynetti staggering back
(02:54:09 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd-4> for a moment, it is laughter that rises. "Oh this is such fun!" As if he were just sparring in a training court. But then was this so far off? Neither was expected to slay the other. He fixes his gaze o Alderic, and by now his eyes are gone. Empty sockets have dim, flickering blue lichlights within them, under constant assault by that antimagic field. His flesh is pulled taut over the
(02:54:09 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd-4> bones of his skull, looking almost emaciated. As he staggers back from the blow, he drops his flail. It lies there on the arena floor, but instead he flicks his right hand down,straight down. A dagger of silver falls from his sleeve, only to be caught in his gloved hand. Standing somewhat off kilter from the blow to his torso, there's a faint cracking and creaking as he settles himself
(02:54:09 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd-4> back into place, then suddenly flings that dagger up toward his opponent, at short range.
(02:54:11 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd-4> `roll 1d20
(02:54:12 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd-4 rolled 1d20: 17 <Total: 17>
(02:54:52 pm) <+Alderic-3> `roll 1d20
(02:54:53 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-3 rolled 1d20: 7 <Total: 7>
(02:54:58 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd-4 is now known as Ravynetti`Tivaurd-5
(02:58:42 pm) <+Alderic-3> There came a point where the body screamed for an end to it and the fight, taking a toll as it was, became wearying. At this point, he’d taken a battering and a beating, but not actual blood spilled. That, of course, changed as the dagger found its way to the armor -- it was silver, much softer than steel, and it did not penetrate...but the shattering of the blade, the flecks of silver, got in 0-
(02:58:42 pm) <+Alderic-3> 0- under the plates, in under the chain beneath it, through the padding and he became aware of it -- pieces of the blade, lodged in his upper arm, and another scraping across the side of his neck, though less deeply, which caused him to bleed from small wounds in three or four places. But he wasn’t here just for himself, he had other reasons to make a good showing, and it wasn’t in his nature to 0-
(02:58:43 pm) <+Alderic-3> 0- give up in the face of adversity. So he fought on, advancing with another spear-thrust -- the man was switching weapons, and it seemed that the best time to strike was as quickly as possible... 0-
(02:58:45 pm) <+Alderic-3> `roll 1d20
(02:58:46 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-3 rolled 1d20: 8 <Total: 8>
(03:00:43 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd-5> `roll 1d20
(03:00:43 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd-5 rolled 1d20: 1 <Total: 1>
(03:02:04 pm) * Alderic-3 is now known as Alderic-4
(03:03:25 pm) <@Nymphetamine> "This is a great match between two great competitors. It looks like the anti-magic zone is having some effect on Vorfon Tivaurd, though it might be too early to call that for sure." Donnovath certainly wasn't going to make the same mistakes that his predecessor had made in calling the match that favoured one participant too heavily over another. That's precisely where Marnath had made --
(03:03:25 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- mistakes, and his commentary had been sexist, to say the least. There was a loud cheer from nearby the announcer, obviously Risia, who had no such compulsion towards balanced behaviour.
(03:04:31 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd-5 is caught by that thrust. He brings his mace up in a mad attempt to knock it away, but it's too late. It catches him in that bone mail, thrusting through the splintering bone plates into the soft flesh below. Honestly it's hard to tell where the bone armor ends and the skeletal frame beneath begins, for by now Ravynetti's flesh is so attenuated by the antimagic field that it's
(03:04:32 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd-5 almost like stabbing a skeleton. Still, once more gouts of smoke and steam erupt from the thrust, as his body cannibilizes itself to stay mobile. This fight had gone on too long. He had been about to switch to a more offensive stance, but that blow delayed his calculations. Gripping that bladed mace now in two hands, he brings it upward in a thrust toward one of the hands holding that
(03:04:32 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd-5 bec de corbin, hoping to force his opponent back to avoid the swipe of blade and heavy macehead.
(03:04:35 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd-5> `roll 1d20
(03:04:35 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd-5 rolled 1d20: 12 <Total: 12>
(03:06:51 pm) <+Alderic-4> `roll 1d20
(03:06:51 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-4 rolled 1d20: 13 <Total: 13>
(03:11:56 pm) <+Alderic-4> One end of the bec-de-corbin goes up, to try and catch the blow, rather than make a step back. Then he makes that calculated sort of step and swing movement that combines the two into one smooth movement, that economizes the attack and gives it a chance against faster opponents that perhaps, expect a slow movement; but he doesn’t swing it into the opponent. He positions the head of the weapon 0-
(03:11:56 pm) <+Alderic-4> 0- roughly under the man’s chin and prepares a thrust, whether it is into the upper body somewhere or past the helmet’s defenses. It’s a measured movement, a practiced fluidity, and he seems to have a good idea of how to weigh the thrust to break defenses and yet not get it entangled -- because he’s paid for getting caught on the counter here. Of course, it’s entirely possible the young warrior 0-
(03:11:56 pm) <+Alderic-4> 0- miscalculated. Combat is messy. 0
(03:12:00 pm) <+Alderic-4> `roll 1d20
(03:12:00 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-4 rolled 1d20: 12 <Total: 12>
(03:12:05 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd-5> `roll 1d20
(03:12:05 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd-5 rolled 1d20: 2 <Total: 2>
(03:12:12 pm) * Alderic-4 is now known as Alderic-5
(03:14:07 pm) * Neskessa`Dalakis ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(03:15:10 pm) * @Ayanula ([email protected]) Quit (Quit: This is going to hurt worst than it tastes.)
(03:17:44 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd-5 s mace goes wide, exposing him to the weapon of his opponent. That measured thrust catches him in the neck. It would surely be a fatal blow to a living man. That flesh disintegrates as it's punctured, revealing the lower, blackened line of his jawbone, the vertebrae at the back of his neck. Flickering blue lights soon go out when exposed to that antimagic field, leaving the
(03:17:45 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd-5 Necromancer staggering back. There's no mad grasp for his missing throat, no seeming diziness or loss of focus, just a moment is taken to realign himself as he continues to pace backward. It was getting toward the end of things. One critical blow could end it. And so? So the necromancer throws his mace to the ground. With a quick snatch, he draws that short bladed sword. Single edged,
(03:17:45 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd-5 with a blade of silvered steel, the sword has as slight curve before coming to a chisel tip. The sword lacks a guard, just a curved hilt and pommel that seems forged out of that single solid piece of metal. He flicks his left hand down and a blade falls into his hand. A silver dagger, like the one from his right sleeve, except now instead of throwing it, he catches and twirls it into
(03:17:45 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd-5 a knife fighting grip. The necromancer's eyeless sockets narrow a bit, and he adopts a low, offensive stance, before darting forth, seeking to thrust that blade into any gaps in that armor that combat might have worked loose thus far. Stance Shift: Offensive
(03:17:47 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd-5> `roll 1d20+3
(03:17:47 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd-5 rolled 1d20: 19 <Total: 19(+3) = 22>
(03:18:01 pm) <+Alderic-5> `roll 1d20
(03:18:01 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-5 rolled 1d20: 16 <Total: 16>
(03:18:08 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd-5 is now known as Ravynetti`Tivaurd-6
(03:20:55 pm) <+Alderic-5> Sword to gap between pauldron and cuirass. Blood came down freely now. He tried to increase the space even as he reversed his weapon and brought out the blunt side for another jarring thrust, a feint intended to give him the room for then another reversal, as he brought the weapon head to bear again, this time in a broad, deeply wound-up strike intended to hit with greater force than before.
(03:20:59 pm) <+Alderic-5> `roll 1d20
(03:21:00 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-5 rolled 1d20: 20 <Total: 20>
(03:21:12 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd-6> `roll 1d20-3
(03:21:12 pm) <GameServ> Ravynetti`Tivaurd-6 rolled 1d20: 2 <Total: 2(-3) = -1>
(03:21:17 pm) <@Suzthulhu> FINISH HIM.
(03:21:45 pm) * Alderic-5 is now known as Alderic-7
(03:22:49 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd-6 had overstepped his bounds, intending to dart forward and under that thrust, Ravynetti steps directly into the blow. He's impaled through the chest, before waving that sword. His voice screeches out, a painful and horrible sound, something from the depths of the grave "You win, you win... get the damned antimagic fields down now!" That sword is cast aside, just as he struggles
(03:22:50 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd-6 to pull himself off of the point of that bec de corbin. His body can be seen collapsing in upon itself under that armor.
(03:24:38 pm) <@Nymphetamine> Risia got to her feet and pressed to the railing to watch, fingers clenched tight. The announcer's rich baritone could be heard to laugh at this development, but he too was on his feet and by her side to watch the match as it progressed. It seemed like things were coming to a close, as deadly as ever. The crowd held its breath, and then errupted into a cheer. "Vorfon Baudin has won the --
(03:24:38 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- day!" Donnovath could be heard to say. The mages were quick to comply, the field coming down, and the healers running out onto the arena floor to tend to them. Once again, Azalia went straight for Ravyn, knowing the difficulties he faced when competing in this tournament. Risia, in the announcer's box, was bouncing on her feet and tugging on her brother's arm, heard easily to be cheering --
(03:24:38 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- herself hoarse. "Congratulations, Alderic Baudin, you'll be moving onto the finals!"
(03:25:11 pm) * Ravynetti`Tivaurd-6 is now known as Ravynetti`Tivaurd
(03:27:30 pm) <+Alderic-7> Blood trickled down onto the sand, from that sword wound and from the other smaller wounds, but this time he stayed upright and on his feet, albeit perhaps swaying a little. He held his weapon aloft to acknowledge the crowd, particularly his benefactors, though he saved his breath -- he needed that, and before anyone could heal his wounds, they had to pry him out of a dented pauldron and a 0-
(03:27:31 pm) <+Alderic-7> 0- breastplate that had taken a caving right where there was a rib. It wasn't broken, or so one hoped, but breathing was painful, especially deep breaths, whereas a break would involve not still being up and standing. At worst, a crack then. But to get that sort of armor off, it took a man that knew what he was about with steel rods trying to pry the buckles loose where they were damaged, loathe to 0-
(03:27:31 pm) <+Alderic-7> 0- cut the straps and have to replace them. Armor was expensive, and the warrior knew to hold still -- the healers were healing his wounds for free, but the armorer's bill wasn't gratis at all. 0-
(03:27:46 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd erupts out of his body as soon as the field comes down, leaving his armor, his weapons, a smouldering heap of ash and bone behind. Just a skeletal right hand and blackened bone skull, both inlaid with silver rise from the collapsing heap. He immediately moves to soak in the magic he can, like a drowning man coming up for breath. Silver inlaid glyphs that predate mankind are
(03:27:46 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd inscribed upon the bones. Primal writing that tells of fear of death, of a dread of the blackness of night. Mortal horror writ in a language none can speak but all can understand. The silver glows as he absorbs what magic he can, and a ragged panting echoes from the demilich's skull. His right hand, of similar blackened bone, immediately sweeps toward Azalia, trying to touch at her
(03:27:46 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd shoulder, to help soak up that magic.
(03:27:50 pm) * Alderic-7 is now known as Alderic`Baudin
(03:29:54 pm) * Karismun ([email protected]rsh) Quit (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
(03:33:03 pm) <@Nymphetamine> The healers, magically inclined as some of them were, were all over Alderic. The worst of the wounds were stabilized, the others could wait. There wasn't a good deal that the healers could do for the lich, anyhow, and they seemed to have left that to the young woman who had rushed to his side. Azalia, for her part, on the other hand, reached out to take Ravynetti's shoulder, dropping down --
(03:33:03 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- beside him, to keep that supply of magic steady. She just shook her head at him, though. "You did very well, Uncle. But perhaps next year, you should let someone else fight in your stead." He had pushed himself to the limit, she knew. At length, Alderic would be lead off the field, probably to help pry him out of his armour in peace.
(03:35:08 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> Shoulder such as it is, he's in full demilich form at that pace, just a rounded skull, and a claw. He seems to pance as he hovers near Azalia. "Ser Baudin," He intones in that sepulchural voice, "Should you ever fall in battle... remind me to recruit you." It's not a threat, despite how it might sound. It was perhaps a bit of praise. And then, to Azalia, "Yess, I always do. But it
(03:35:08 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> was fun. It has been years since I've fought like this."
(03:36:23 pm) <@Nymphetamine> Then she clasped his hand, or his skull! Not his shoulder.
(03:38:32 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> "I pray you not offer such an offer, ser. I would prefer the dignity of death to that and must needs refuse." He'd obviously heard rumors, and that response, while perhaps phrased courteously, was returned coolly. He came from a culture where men were raised to die with dignity, in a charge of horses and clash of arms, in the storm of violence and the furious cacophony of mens' warcries. They 0-
(03:38:32 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> 0- fought, aye they fought, for exceedingly petty reasons, but they elevated their veneration of fighting to a near religion, and their regard for even the losers of the fight, those that accepted their lot, as also worthy of respect. An undeath, of course, was seen as a warlock's cowardice in the face of what stalked them all. Life was sweet, but the mockery lingered eternal. He was his father's 0-
(03:38:33 pm) <+Alderic`Baudin> 0- son, he'd have none of that. 0
(03:42:07 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> The response brings a burst of laughter from that skull. Not the hideous cackling one might expect. "Just like my damned grandson. Well Ser, I shall be most disappointed if you do not win this tournament." And still, his body hadn't reformed, though the lights, those baleful blue lights within his empty sockets glow all the more brightly. "There's a goblin in purple by the exit. If
(03:42:07 pm) <+Ravynetti`Tivaurd> you wish, take him to your armorer and he will cover the bill." Even as this is offered, the Necromancer finally tugs those boney digits from Azalia's grasp, flexing them before his eyeless eyes. "Such fun... such fun. I'll need a new body dear niece. I did not strain you too much, I trust?"
(03:48:17 pm) <@Nymphetamine> The healers seemed keen on at least getting Alderic's armour off without too much. They had eased some of the breathing, with a magical tweak of his ribs, but it was still sore, obviously waiting to get off the breastplate to see what was the matter entirely. Cursory and sensory inspections weren't much if they couldn't probe with their fingers and judge what damage had been done. For whatever --
(03:48:17 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- reason, they weren't intent on removing his plate here, possibly because it was a bit more involved of a proces that unbuckling and lifting the pieces off, given the dents and damages. The delicate healer that had taken up assisting the lich chuckled and shook her head. "No. I'm quite alright, thank you. Do you need help? I think the others have Vorfon Baudin's care." Though, no doubt, --
(03:48:17 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- she'd swing by to check on them later. The man didn't seem -too- worse for wear. The plate armour had done it's job. "Magnificent job, Vorfon Baudin," she said with a smile and then glanced back to Ravyn's skull.
(03:52:09 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd speaks in that same tone, letting it lower, "I'll be fine, I'll be fine. I'll just... go find a couple new bodies... One to inhabit, one to enjoy." Despite his lack of facial features in that form, there's a certain lecherous twinkle to those luminous lichlights. "I'll have the Nightgaunts collect my gear. Suppose I should be on my way before some up and comer decides to test
(03:52:10 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd his mettle by making a go for me while I'm out of a host." And with that, a blue-white mist begins to collect about the disembodied demilich. A mistgate, meant to sweep him away. Oh he had drawn as much as he dared from Azalia, at least without the risk of actually putting a proper drain on her. He could mend himself more properly away from the prying eyes of those in the stands.
(04:02:06 pm) * +Ravynetti`Tivaurd ([email protected]) has left #blkdragon*arena
(04:05:05 pm) <@Nymphetamine> With the lich sweeping with nothing more than a skull and a hand, Azalia was left to herd the other healers and their patient off to the infirmary. Those that had watched the match were slowly filing out, so at least Alderic wouldn't have to put on smiles and the like for any wishing to praise him. For however long it took for the armourers and such to get him out of his plate.

Post Reply