Results of the Final Bout

Drache's newspaper of current events and social functions.

All of the in character news is found here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Nymphetamine
Admin
Posts: 601
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 1:09 pm
Preferred Title: Marog the Destroyer
Characters: Aezra
Azalia Stygian
Eliya Almakira al-Fasaad
Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak
Location: Seattle, WA

Results of the Final Bout

Post by Nymphetamine » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:10 pm

Khial al-Amas'kyaa and Ser Alderic Baudin met in single combat. Baudin took an early lead and scored several hits on the Emshi woman, but she fought back valiantly. As if blessed with a second wind, al-Amas'kyaa rallied against Baudin and might have succeeded in winning the match, if only Baudin hadn't the advantage of the long bec de corbin he was using. In the end, the weapon was skillfully wielded by the young knight.

Alderic Baudin was crowned the champion of the Fourth Annual Tournament of Martial Skill, awarded laurels and a significant purse in winnings.
Last edited by Nymphetamine on Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nymphetamine
Admin
Posts: 601
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 1:09 pm
Preferred Title: Marog the Destroyer
Characters: Aezra
Azalia Stygian
Eliya Almakira al-Fasaad
Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Results of the Final Bout

Post by Nymphetamine » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:11 pm

(03:08:06 pm) <Griffin> Word had spread around town that there was to be a tournament at the fighting arena so Griffin made his way there to spectate and observe. His curious nature led him to the arena, tastefully dressed in some clothing that didn't consist of rough hides and leather for once, as if he'd gone into the human markets with a handful of coins and decided he wanted to blend in. He didn't blend
(03:08:06 pm) <Griffin> . There was still something about his posture and the way he moved that was feline in nature and predatory grace, though his blonde hair was still untamed. Of his wardrobe, the only thing that hadn't changed were the leather boots and the quiver and his favored bow fastened in place over a dark green bowman's tunic that accompanied dull brown trousers.
(03:17:52 pm) * Alderic ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(03:18:03 pm) <@Nymphetamine> The Drache Arena is a large, enclosed stadium-esque building with a series of raised, wooden bleachers surrounding an oval shaped, packed earth field. Sand had been carted up from the beach at regular intervals to give the ground a slight bit more give, but it wouldn't do much to cushion any falls from combantants this day. Entrances to the field were on the north, and south sides, fenced off from the stands. Mages hired --
(03:18:03 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- by the Privy Council were in place to maintain the anti-magic field that enveloped the field, preventing the use of magic, as well as the usage of magical items. Any enchanted weapons, armour, talismans or other gear was rendered mundane while on the field. This shield or shell extended into the first rows of the audience seating, if only to prevent anyone from playing with the edges, and trying to get a fire spell to work, --
(03:18:03 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- or some such. Combatants were checked for their registered weapons and armour, and sent to opposite entrances of the field. As with the semi final bout, Donnovath ul-Alaford Silak had taken over hosting duties, and at least made a better job of it than the bloody previous host, Marnath Nesepix. This evening, Donnovath was attended by several members of the Privy Council and other officials who were vieiwng the final match of --
(03:18:03 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- tournament from the announcer's box. His sister, Risia, was seated with her other brother, Sivath, and their father, Alaford, to watch the young gentleman that had been taken into the patriarch's employ. The seats were packed with all and sundry, and even the aisles were standing room only. Donnovath smiled and came to the rail, lifting his hands to summon quiet from the arena. "Greetings, all. Welcome to the final round --
(03:18:03 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- of the Fourth Annual Tournament of Martial Skill. We have a full house tonight in expectation of a great match between our finalists. Let's reacquaint ourselves with them. Hailing from the wind blown deserts of Najjir comes the Emshi tribeswoman, Khial al-Amas'kyaa. She defeated the dark elf Divolvir DeVir in her preliminary match, and then even our homegrown Drachean, Elan Teldronai in her semi final bout last week. Let's --
(03:18:03 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- give her a warm welcome!" As Khial was allowed to come out onto the sands, the crowd errupted into a round of appaulse, some even getting to their feet and cheering. Again, Donnovath gestured for quiet from the crowd. "Facing her is a young man that has started to be called 'the Comeback Kid' by some." Laughter rang throughout the arena at that, and he smiled indulgently, trying to bring the crowd back to quiet. --
(03:18:03 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- "Ser Alderic Baudin, hailing from lands far off!" If Donnovath knew, he wasn't giving it away.
(03:18:09 pm) * Nymphetamine sets mode: +v Alderic
(03:18:20 pm) <@Nymphetamine> (( Intro posts from both of you, and then roll for initiative. ))
(03:23:34 pm) <@Khial> Earlier, she'd been pacing. Now, she's eerily still, simply waiting for the announcer to call her name. Once he does, she emerges into the arena. Again, there's no wave; she's not here for adoring fans. Missing though, is the odd scorpion armor she'd had on before, replaced instead by what looks to be... drow? Armor? Black metal legplates can be seen from underneath the bottom hem
(03:23:34 pm) <@Khial> of a loosely fitting cowl wrapped around her shoulders and torso like a shawl, and her face is obscured by a helm that is most certainly of drow design. It had been a gift from her first match, from Divolvir, as a gesture of friendship and as a replacement for the armor he'd damaged with a well-placed strike. She finds she likes the drow armor well enough, and had practiced in it for
(03:23:34 pm) <@Khial> several days to get the feel of its movement. It's certainly as light as anything she's ever worn, in spite of it being made of metal or some sort, and it moves with her just as well as her other set had. As always, she has her Ekri-nam at her side, the odd crystal-bladed daggers of the Emshi scions, but in her other hand, she has a thin metal blade of some sort, with a hook on one
(03:23:34 pm) <@Khial> side and a curve point. Purple eyes glow with uncanny wisdom from out of her helm.
(03:33:45 pm) <+Alderic> He wasn't wearing armor that was anything light; rather, it was stout, heavy plate, intended to take a beating and stay intact; sure, it had vulnerable joints and it would crumple under blunt force, but it was likely to turn a blade aside rather than let it in, if the blade struck the plate dead on rather than sought purchase in a gap, and it made fighting a man so armored that much harder. 0-
(03:33:46 pm) <+Alderic> 0- Traditional wisdom said warriors equipped thusly were slower than others, but that observation was deceptive; some moved better than others, were physically conditioned from a young age to wear such equipment, to bear the weight easily. It didn't negate the penalties to one's movement or dexterity, but a sufficiently conditioned fighting man, which was what you had when feudal nobility were 0-
(03:33:47 pm) <+Alderic> 0- raised from the cradle as pages, then squires and then warriors in their own right. The bec-de-corbin was the sort of weapon, by the by, that might be used to take a man in such armor out. He went without a helmet, electing for vision and hearing against a more nimble opponent. Nothing really changed, but his methods got him this far. The face was pleasantly tanned from exposure to the sun, but 0-
(03:33:48 pm) <+Alderic> 0- nowhere near his opponent's. His hair was dark, his eyes were dark, but there any resemblance to his opponent fled; he was tall and powerfully built. As before, he wore no device or heraldry, leaving the armor blank, or 'white.' It was bare steel, gleaming in the light. 0-
(03:34:11 pm) <@Khial> `roll 1d20
(03:34:12 pm) <GameServ> Khial rolled 1d20: 10 <Total: 10>
(03:34:20 pm) <+Alderic> `roll 1d20
(03:34:21 pm) <GameServ> Alderic rolled 1d20: 5 <Total: 5>
(03:39:32 pm) * Marin`Taldett ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(03:39:35 pm) <@Khial> With the coin toss done, Khial readies herself for the first strike. The desert nomads have an odd way about them, how they move. It's shifting, hard to focus on, like trying to determine the source of a mirage on the sands. It is this way that she approaches, fast, first to one side of the heavily armored man, then to the other, looking for weaknesses in the armor. Again, it seemes
(03:39:36 pm) <@Khial> the joints, and even the gap in the shoulders and neck thagt a helm did not cover, were the places t aim her strikes. And his weapon, of course... that needed to go quickly. She swings the odd, hooked weapon in an arc up over her head, aiming to hook it onto his wrist and use it to swing herself around, feet skidding on the arena floor, while her other hand draws her crystal-bladed
(03:39:36 pm) <@Khial> dagger and aims a quick slash under his arm.
(03:39:44 pm) * Rothrick is on IRC
-
(03:39:44 pm) Rothrick is [email protected] * FrankieG
(03:39:44 pm) Rothrick using nebula.uk.eu.darkmyst.org linode - www.linode.com
(03:39:44 pm) Rothrick is logged in as Rothrick
(03:39:45 pm) Rothrick End of /WHOIS list.
-
(03:39:45 pm) <@Khial> `roll 1d20
(03:39:45 pm) <GameServ> Khial rolled 1d20: 2 <Total: 2>
(03:39:53 pm) <@Nymphetamine> Donnovath smiled again as both combatants had come out to a roaring applause and cheering of the spectators. No doubt his own sister was going to be cheering herself hoarse. He raised his hands again for quiet. "As before, we'll begin the match when this square of silk hits the sands. At your guard, fights!" He wanted to call them gladiators, but that would not be appropriate. Turning somewhat, he reached for the --
(03:39:53 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- brilliantly scarlet handkerchief that had served for the last few matches and held it over the rail. The crowd waited, enthralled, at the edges of their seats, a perceptable intake of breathe heard as he released it. ((Totally pretend this was before Suz's post.))
(03:41:52 pm) <Karys> She'd not been in the arena since, well, since they'd fought a demon here. A very big, very nasty demon. But that was years ago, the place had been all fixed up, and she refused to let fear keep her away. It was the final night of the tournament and she wanted to watch, to cheer, and to simply be a member of the excited crowd. As usual she was wearing a dress, tonights a deep
(03:41:53 pm) <Karys> persimmon in color with a shallow scooped neckline and a girdle of braided gold settled around her slender waist, honey-brown hair pulled back into twin braids that fell just shy of her waist, and an ebon cloak over it all rather than the deep blue of her House. She didn't know these two fighters, but she recognized some of the faces in the crowd and those up in the announcers box.
(03:41:53 pm) <Karys> One face in particular caught her eye and she wound her way through the tiered benches, finally coming to take a seat next to the green clad Griffin. "Any guesses on who the victor will be?"
(03:46:42 pm) <+Alderic> `roll 1d20
(03:46:43 pm) <GameServ> Alderic rolled 1d20: 17 <Total: 17>
(03:49:48 pm) <+Alderic> But his expression was a mask; the sort of unemotional stone-face that a good arms-master would drill into a lad, particularly one in puberty; she came fast with a dagger, and he did what he was trained to do in any case; he put distance between the woman and her dagger, distance that would allow him, with longer arms and a longer weapon, to fight at the optimal advantage. He had to fight from 0-
(03:49:49 pm) <+Alderic> 0- the inside -- she was too small, nimble and fast, she'd try to turn him and fight him at different angles where he couldn't defend as much. So he resolved to make smaller steps, making her work harder and move faster, to wind herself. And keeping with that philosophy, he struck at her with a jab of the tip of his weapon (it had a head with a hammer, a hook opposite that hammer, both mounted 0-
(03:49:50 pm) <+Alderic> 0- perpendicular to the haft, which was heavy, nail-studded oak, and a long, narrow spear-head) that was aimed for her midsection. 0
(03:49:53 pm) <+Alderic> `roll 1d20
(03:49:53 pm) <GameServ> Alderic rolled 1d20: 13 <Total: 13>
(03:50:09 pm) <@Khial> `roll 1d20
(03:50:10 pm) <GameServ> Khial rolled 1d20: 13 <Total: 13>
(03:50:13 pm) <@Khial> `roll 1d20
(03:50:13 pm) <GameServ> Khial rolled 1d20: 6 <Total: 6>
(03:50:19 pm) <+Alderic> `roll 1d20
(03:50:19 pm) <GameServ> Alderic rolled 1d20: 20 <Total: 20>
(03:50:28 pm) * Alderic is now known as Alderic-2
(03:53:31 pm) <Griffin> He'd settled back and made himself comfortable in the stands, or as comfortable a she could be when surrounded by a sea of unfamiliar faces and people he didn't know. He studied the woman from afar and then sharp, green eyes traveled to the man that Khial squared off against. Neither was a familiar or known person to him, each and every single person in the stands may as well have
(03:53:31 pm) <Griffin> been a stranger as well, except for that one recognizeable figure that picked her way through the rows of seating in the stadium. He hadn't seen her in anything but a dress since the day they'd first met and would have found it bewildering if she was clad in anything else. It was just... her style, part of what he had become accustomed to seeing, normal and expected...and quite
(03:53:31 pm) <Griffin> appreciated. The females at home in his clan rarely if ever wore so much clothing, and he'd come to determine that more is definitely less. And thats when he realized that he was looking much too hard with too much intensity and ought to break contact to glance out over the arena floor where the two fighters were battling. "I was willin' to bet on the female but she's not doin' so
(03:53:31 pm) <Griffin> well, is she?" But...he didn't want to bet on Alderic just yet. Women could be incredibly determined. "Evenin'."
(03:55:48 pm) * Suzthulhu ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(03:55:48 pm) * ChanServ sets mode: +o Suzthulhu
(03:56:02 pm) <@Suzthulhu> Annnd.... that's going to leave a mark. A bg one. It even pierced the armor at her side, only deflected by a margin to deliver a non-fatal wound. Still, it's more than she's prepared for at all, and the breath rushes out of her lungs in a sharp cry of pain before she's able to unimpale herself from the end of the weapon, going to her knees on the arena floor. A less honorable opponent
(03:56:02 pm) <@Suzthulhu> would have tried to finish her off then, but this man is different, and so she takes just a second to compartmentalize the pain, sheathing her Ekri-nam and instead reaching for one of the ends of her cowl. Still on her knees, she lunges forward toward his feet, whipping the surprisingly heavy fabric out toward them to try and trip him up. ((repost))
(03:56:07 pm) <@Suzthulhu> `roll 1d20
(03:56:08 pm) <GameServ> Suzthulhu rolled 1d20: 2 <Total: 2>
(03:56:25 pm) * @Khial ([email protected]) Quit (Killed (NickServ (GHOST command used by Suzthulhu)))
(03:56:28 pm) * Suzthulhu is now known as Khial
(03:57:48 pm) <@Nymphetamine> "Oooh, Ser Baudin looks to have scored a particularly nasty hit on the Emshi woman. She's going to have to be faster than that in the future if she wants to win this match? Do you think that her weapon... which is called a..." Donnovath paused to look at the description on a cheat sheet he had. "An erikam... Some crystal bladed weapon used by the Emshi. Rare, I hear. I wonder if it can pierce plate?" Who he --
(03:57:48 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- spoke to was not clear, but there were several people in the box with him that might have made replies.
(03:57:53 pm) <+Alderic-2> `roll 1d20
(03:57:54 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-2 rolled 1d20: 2 <Total: 2>
(03:58:08 pm) <@Khial> `roll 1d20
(03:58:08 pm) <GameServ> Khial rolled 1d20: 17 <Total: 17>
(03:58:09 pm) <+Alderic-2> `roll 1d20
(03:58:10 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-2 rolled 1d20: 5 <Total: 5>
(03:58:26 pm) * Khial is now known as Khial-1
(03:59:12 pm) <@Nymphetamine> Down in the stands, Risia could be seen to clap enthusiastically after this latest exchange, the dark haired young woman sitting between an elder brother and her father. They had prime seating though, near center of the field and in the second row. Perhaps her father's patronage of Alderic had warrented them the spots, or perhaps it was merely money that had purchased it. Who could say?
(04:00:15 pm) * Malachai_Blackhart ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(04:00:32 pm) * Malachai_Blackhart is now known as Rriss`Pehn
(04:01:31 pm) <+Alderic-2> It's an unexpected thing; she was using her cloak as some sort of weapon, to trip him up. And he wasn't quite fast enough to get out of the way; he got entangled alright, and the stumbling he did with it around the ankles caused him to essentially turn his foot in the greave, a particularly painful sort of muscle pull. He was hobbling somewhat as he staggered to regain balance. However, just 0-
(04:01:32 pm) <+Alderic-2> 0- as quickly as he'd regained that balance, he got one foot free, planted it further ahead on the cowl and then lashed out with a swing of the hammer-head that used the forward motion for momentum... 0
(04:01:34 pm) <+Alderic-2> `roll 1d20
(04:01:35 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-2 rolled 1d20: 8 <Total: 8>
(04:02:35 pm) <Brad> Gerhalt had made his way into the stands, the cheap seats, late as usual, but was getting himself settled in to watch a bout that he hoped had just begun within the last few moments. He was dressed in his normal attire, though he must have just come from his shop after remembering that he'd actually purchased a seat for the evening, for he's still wearing his smudged blacksmith's
(04:02:35 pm) <Brad> apron.
(04:03:24 pm) <@Khial-1> 1roll 1d20
(04:03:31 pm) <@Khial-1> `roll 1d20
(04:03:32 pm) <GameServ> Khial-1 rolled 1d20: 5 <Total: 5>
(04:03:55 pm) * Alderic-2 is now known as Alderic-3
(04:03:56 pm) * Becca ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(04:05:32 pm) <Rriss`Pehn> The large figure of the Isska was snuggly outfitted today in extra furs, making his already horrible altered cloak that much bulkier. He was making his way to the announcer's box, to see his friend the talky man, and help out with the announcing. He still even had his voice amplifying amulet, which noone had bothered to take away from him after that first match. Might have had
(04:05:32 pm) <Rriss`Pehn> something to do with his large size and mouth full of sharp teeth, but who knew.
(04:06:16 pm) <Karys> "No, I suppose she's not." She said, smoothing her skirt as she took her seat next to him, grey-violet gaze out on teh arena floor where the to combatants fought against one another. She was perhaps a little tense, to one observant of such things, gaze going distant for short seconds every so often, but then she'd be focused again and turned to give him a quick smile. "I've never
(04:06:17 pm) <Karys> actually been to one of these before. I've seen the men practicing in the lists, but never a tournament like this." She wasn't betting either, but she did watch with interest. "Whoever this Alderic is, he's doing well."
(04:06:24 pm) * Becca ([email protected]) has left #blkdragon*arena
(04:08:20 pm) <@Khial-1> This time, a groan as she's caught in her own weapon long enough for the hammer head of his weapon to slam into her side, the same side the spear point had pierced only moments ago. At least the dent it leaves crimps off the flow of blood for the time being, but it's going to be a bitch to get herself out of later. She lets the cloak go as she sprawls to the side, panting on the
(04:08:20 pm) <@Khial-1> ground. With a cry of pain, she manages to roll to her feet with an impressive display of agility, given her injuries. Fighting dirty s what the Emsho do best, though without the cloak, her movements are perhaps a slight bit easier to track, and the injuries have slowed her down a bit. Still, she's faster than expected, and dances inward on her toes, spinning to aim the flat part of
(04:08:20 pm) <@Khial-1> the hooked blade up and over and into the man's unprotected face.
(04:08:24 pm) <@Khial-1> `roll 1d20
(04:08:24 pm) <GameServ> Khial-1 rolled 1d20: 7 <Total: 7>
(04:09:16 pm) <+Alderic-3> `roll 1d20
(04:09:16 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-3 rolled 1d20: 14 <Total: 14>
(04:10:17 pm) <@Nymphetamine> There were probably a few Royal Guard posted at the announcer's box, just at least to keep anyone from interrupting, but Rriss, at the very least, was recognized from when Marnath Nesepix had brought him up to the box earlier. There was some discussion and Rriss was allowed to enter. The box was crowded, and the Isska would be forced to stand, but Donnovath at least greeted the creature warmly. "Ah, Rriss Pehn! So good --
(04:10:17 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- of you to join us. I'm sure we can make some room for you around here." He looked around the box and gestured for his assistant to stand, freeing up the stool. "It's not much, but perhaps you'd like to give us your take on the way our final match is shaping up, Vorfon?" Donnovath took it all in stride, at least. "Did they ever collect your talisman earlier? No?"
(04:12:47 pm) <Rriss`Pehn> "No, never take Rriss'pehn's taly
(04:14:25 pm) <+Alderic-3> He wasn't an agile fighter or a flashy fighter -- the technique there was solid, sparsely economical of motion and intended for the battlefield; men at the lists perhaps fought as such, but he didn't want to succumb to victory disease; the idea that the opponent was doomed. He gave the woman space and gave himself time -- when the attack came for him, he didn't try a fancy counterattack or 0-
(04:14:26 pm) <+Alderic-3> 0- some sort of fancy-footed dodge; he took a step back to maintain that distance where he felt he had the most advantage. It was, for him, a natural thing -- identify the enemy and what they did and try to counter it. Oh, and try to stay alert for surprises. Easier said than done, as the last fight was proof of. In any case, he's intentionally slowing the fight down, letting the opponent bleed; 0-
(04:14:27 pm) <+Alderic-3> 0- blood, strength. It was a cruel and calculated sort of thing, because he was the product of a chivalric and sentimental culture and upbringing, but he didn't let that get in the way of an actual fight. Or it would be cruel, perhaps, if he enjoyed it. There was none of that, and his attack, when he made it, was composed, another lunge with the spear-point of that bec-de-corbin of his. Polearms of 0-
(04:14:28 pm) <+Alderic-3> 0- the like were seen around, but they weren't precisely the most popular thing in Drache. They were more a battlefield tool, ugly and utilitarian, than a symbol of beauty like a sword was. He didn't even bother with a sword as backup to his weapon. 0-
(04:14:28 pm) <+Alderic-3> `roll 1d20
(04:14:28 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-3 rolled 1d20: 9 <Total: 9>
(04:14:56 pm) <@Khial-1> `roll 1d20
(04:14:57 pm) <GameServ> Khial-1 rolled 1d20: 8 <Total: 8>
(04:15:41 pm) <Griffin> As poorly as Khial seemed to be doing, Griffin was quite relieved that he hadn't gambled any money away in her name, for she would likely have lost it for him. It was unusual for Karys to be the one that was uptight and nervous, tension rolling off of her in visible waves that the elf picked out with ease. His eyes were observant and trained well to hone in on such things as a
(04:15:42 pm) <Griffin> stiffness at the spine, a clench of the jaw or closed fists laid over a dress skirted lap. The way she sat, the flickering of her expression and fleeting smiles, all the way down to how Karys tended to gaze off in thought told him that something was amiss. Maybe she didn't want to be here? He'd relax for once and wasn't perched at the edge of his seat like a stiffly bound up ball of
(04:15:42 pm) <Griffin> nerves, but had come to adjust to the ever constant presence of so many people around him at once, seeming to crowd his space. It felt almost natural--but he'd yet to grow used to sleeping under a roof. Not yet. He'd try again soon maybe if given reason but until then, he was quite content to remain in the Drache forest preserve where he felt safer and at home. "He's doin' an amazin'
(04:15:42 pm) <Griffin> job down there. The woman must be nervous...and I've got to say, I would be too. All of these people watchin' and waitin'." So why was she nervous? "Is everythin' okay, lass? You don't quite seem to be yourself," he inquired as he brought one hand to rest gently over her shoulder.
(04:15:54 pm) <Rriss`Pehn> "No, never take Rriss'pehn's talyman. Is grueling match so far. Why all matches end up on ground? Rriss'pehn want to see fist fight." All this came booming over the stands as the Isska musculed his way through the crowded booth, unmindful of all the dignitaries and nobles and what not as he took the offered stool. It suited him fine for chairs just were not build for his comfort.
(04:17:10 pm) * Alderic-3 is now known as Alderic-4
(04:18:13 pm) <Brad> The woman, a nomad by the looks of her, doesn't seem to be faring well against her competitor. Gerhalt knows neither of them, it's possible he may have met one of them at some point, but likely he'd have forgotten their names by now anyway. He watches the fight with some interest, and cringes somewhat at the booming voice that seems to come from nowhere. He glances around, looking
(04:18:13 pm) <Brad> for the source, but then shakes his head and returns his attentions to the action in the ring itself.
(04:20:40 pm) <@Khial-1> A glancing blow, but a blow nevertheless, caught at the junction between shoulder and collarbone, digging into the skin and raking it bloody. It's a seeping wound though, and she doesn't even let out a cry of pain. The Ekri-nam comes out again, flashing in her other hand as the hooked weapon twists up underneath her opponent's spear-like weapon, yanking it upward and out of her
(04:20:41 pm) <@Khial-1> shoulder. She ducks under it, small and still agile, and should she succeed, the answer to plate piercing would come as she jabs the psychically charged weapon right into Alderic's side. Hopefully. Please.
(04:20:45 pm) <@Khial-1> `roll 1d20
(04:20:45 pm) <GameServ> Khial-1 rolled 1d20: 1 <Total: 1>
(04:22:54 pm) <@Nymphetamine> Donnovath shrugged. "Fist fights are for bars and taverns, this is a grand arena!" The man looked back to the match, smiling as Alderic scored another blow on Khial. "Is it possible that Tespin al-Amas'kyaa's new armour is causing her some of her agility?" It wasn't obvious what was to be blaimed for Khial's troubles, but Donnovath was at least trying to be somewhat fairer than his predecessor has. "All that --
(04:22:54 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- range and heavy plate Ser Baudin is wearing is giving him quite an advantage in this fight. I'm not sure how she's going to score a decent blow on him that will cause him the same problems he's giving her."
(04:22:56 pm) <+Alderic-4> `roll 1d20
(04:22:57 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-4 rolled 1d20: 12 <Total: 12>
(04:28:03 pm) <+Alderic-4> She got the weapon out of her way, got under his reach and close in with him. That was when the armor revealed its worth; she was seeking that place under the arm where the armor was necessarily vulnerable in order to allow movement of that arm at all, but the warrior seemed to have not merely brought the armor to the fight, but was trained to use it in a fight; it was a subtle thing, a turn 0-
(04:28:03 pm) <+Alderic-4> 0- to try and catch the weapon on the plate, but it worked. He wasn't able to get away from her at this range, but it didn't mean he was without options. He was perhaps exposing that under-arm vulnerability a bit by bringing his arm high and tucking the weapon in closer, but he didn't strike with the head of the weapon. Instead, he led with the butt-haft of the weapon in an uppercut swipe intended 0-
(04:28:04 pm) <+Alderic-4> 0- to catch the woman and bat her away -- butt end it may have been, but it was stout, steel-studded wood. The weapon had two ends, and he was willing to use whichever one had the best chance of a hit. 0-
(04:28:06 pm) <+Alderic-4> `roll 1d20
(04:28:06 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-4 rolled 1d20: 1 <Total: 1>
(04:28:24 pm) <@Nymphetamine> Risia fidgetted in her seat and edged closer, hands clasped beneath her chin. Her brother, sitting to her left and the younger of the two men seemed amused by how much she was concerned for the match. The young man, a scholar by trade (and employed at the Royal University, Sivath Silak) almost lounged in his own seat, eyes focused on the knight and the windblown woman duking it out in the arena. The elder gentleman, well --
(04:28:24 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- dressed and to his daughter's right was a bit more stately in his interest, but never let it be said that Alaford Silak did not have a certain investment in this match, for he did. It was a gamble that he hoped would pay off in a win for the knight.
(04:28:46 pm) <@Khial-1> `roll 1d20
(04:28:47 pm) <GameServ> Khial-1 rolled 1d20: 4 <Total: 4>
(04:29:45 pm) <Rriss`Pehn> "Rriss'pehn not sure why Amas'kyaa is wearing armor, is bad idea in Najjir. Leave plate for horse riders, yes. Stay in close, take advantage from spear hammer stick." He actually managed to say the woman's name with out butchering it horribly or heavily accenting it. "Ooo, if she lame, ah.." There is some whispering to the Isska which the talisman garbles before he continues.
(04:29:46 pm) <Rriss`Pehn> "if she lames Alderic maybe have chance, yes."
(04:30:51 pm) <Karys> No, the woman did not seem to be having much luck tonight. It wasn't that she was doing poorly, but rather that the man was just doing better. Perhaps he had studied his opponent. "Hmmn?" a blink towards Griffin, before she realized that she was indeed clenching one hand to the fabric of her skirt, though she didn't seem to startle underneath his touch. "Oh, no, I'm fine. I just
(04:30:51 pm) <Karys> have..." her brow furrowed slightly, "bad memories associated with this place." Still, she managed a light smile, seeming to settle under the warm hand to her shoulder. "I'm fine though, really. Thank you." The fight was heating up, and Karys flicnched slightly when she saw the bright red of blood drawn from teh woman by Alderic's last strike.
(04:31:13 pm) <@Khial-1> His attack swings over her head as she curls into a smaller ball while practically hanging from his arm like a monkey. This is really just getting silly at this point, and while she tucks the hooked weapon up under her arm, she closes her fist around the handle of the Ekri-nam, balling it up, and just takes a flat out swing at the man's face. Hey, it worked last time, right?
(04:31:18 pm) <@Khial-1> `roll 1d20
(04:31:19 pm) <GameServ> Khial-1 rolled 1d20: 10 <Total: 10>
(04:34:22 pm) <+Alderic-4> `roll 1d20
(04:34:22 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-4 rolled 1d20: 16 <Total: 16>
(04:36:23 pm) <+Alderic-4> He relied on the armor, even as he hefted his weapon up in an attempt to throw her from it -- he had the strength to keep a firm grip on it while doing so. He used a half-moon step to build up the circular momentum and then brought the weapon up; with luck, he would have the woman still holding on his weapon while he swept it around. With further luck, he'd dislodge her into something that 0-
(04:36:23 pm) <+Alderic-4> 0- would cause her to lose her breath or balance. 0
(04:36:25 pm) <+Alderic-4> `roll 1d20
(04:36:26 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-4 rolled 1d20: 19 <Total: 19>
(04:37:03 pm) <@Khial-1> `roll 1d20
(04:37:03 pm) <GameServ> Khial-1 rolled 1d20: 13 <Total: 13>
(04:38:06 pm) * Alderic-4 is now known as Alderic-5

User avatar
Nymphetamine
Admin
Posts: 601
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 1:09 pm
Preferred Title: Marog the Destroyer
Characters: Aezra
Azalia Stygian
Eliya Almakira al-Fasaad
Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Results of the Final Bout

Post by Nymphetamine » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:12 pm

(04:41:47 pm) <Griffin> There were probably some very important people gathered around and assembled in this place, and Griffin didn't recognize a single one of them. They were all just random strangers and unfamiliar faces to him, and even if he did know of names and titles, he might have been as unimpressed and unfazed as he felt meeting any other person. Maybe. He'd yet to learn that Karys was titled
(04:41:47 pm) <Griffin> to lands, and didn't know much of how ruling authorities and landownership worked for the humans, too used to wandering free in the forests and traveling wherever his people decided to adventure next. "...I don't know whether she's doin' terribly or if he's just that damned good at it. She's quick though," he remarked at last after much studying of Khial's movement. Briefly, he
(04:41:47 pm) <Griffin> appeared impressed when she changed her tactic and clung to the man's arm, up until it caught her another vicious strike for her efforts. "What kind of bad memories?" His hand gently slid down from Karys' shoulder and both dropped back down to rest between his knees while he leaned forward to resume his observations of the match.
(04:42:03 pm) <Rriss`Pehn> "Is turning into ugly match, yes. Alderic should end fight quickly with Amas'kyaa" Maybe its the onesidedness of the fight, because the Isska is not exactly as into the action as he was during that first match."
(04:42:06 pm) <@Khial-1> Should she just... stop? No. If there's one thing about her people, it's their tenacity. Thrown back again by a blow that was very nearly much, much worse than it could have been, she feels and hears the distinctive sound of cracking ribs under her armor. Every gasping breath bring sharp, shooting pain, and when she gets up this time, it's markedly slower than before. She takes a
(04:42:06 pm) <@Khial-1> running start this time, a straight, full-on charge, grimacing and grunting in pain when, instead of swinging a weapon, she throws herself back at the last second, skidding under and between his legs, bringing both weapons toward the backs of his knees.
(04:42:10 pm) <@Khial-1> `roll 1d20
(04:42:11 pm) <GameServ> Khial-1 rolled 1d20: 9 <Total: 9>
(04:42:16 pm) <+Alderic-5> `roll 1d20
(04:42:16 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-5 rolled 1d20: 1 <Total: 1>
(04:42:20 pm) <@Nymphetamine> "I don't know much about the Emshi myself, Vorfon. But it does seem quite difficult for her to land any effective blows on Ser Baudin. She had so upset the town when she beat the drow in her preliminary match that this is quite a surprise." Not to mention, Khial had a good showing and won in her match with the native born bounty hunter, Elan Teldronai. Donnovath edged forward on his chair, watching the match with a --
(04:42:20 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- sharp intensity. "Quite right, Vorfon."
(04:42:25 pm) * UnSeEn ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(04:42:30 pm) * Khial-1 is now known as Khial-2
(04:43:19 pm) * Saqr ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(04:45:06 pm) <+Alderic-5> One weapon drew blood; the back of the knee was a vulnerable spot, and now he was nursing a turned ankle and a bloodied leg. That meant he was even less manueverable than before; he'd manage to stagger around, sure, but his tactics were predicated on her advantage in mobility...except now she had a stronger advantage. Blood trickled down the back of one greave and onto the sands while he tried 0-
(04:45:07 pm) <+Alderic-5> 0- to get his bearing. He wanted to extend the distance between them and then give himself the time and space to deal with her. He wanted to force her to advance, but she seemed to know that he was going to do that. So instead, he advanced on her; the element of surprise was there, him chasing her rather than making her chase him. It was a shift in posture along with a wide swing of the weapon for 0-
(04:45:08 pm) <+Alderic-5> 0- her legs; if he was going to hunt her, that meant he had to hobble her. 0
(04:45:09 pm) <+Alderic-5> `roll 1d20
(04:45:09 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-5 rolled 1d20: 7 <Total: 7>
(04:45:43 pm) <@Khial-2> `roll 1d20
(04:45:43 pm) <GameServ> Khial-2 rolled 1d20: 11 <Total: 11>
(04:46:41 pm) <Brad> While the fight still appearst to be going poorly for the nomadic woman, at least now she seems to be making some headway at striking back against her opponent. Gerhalt observes quietly, his fingers steepled in front of him as he watches the bout. He's foregone the gauntlet he usually wears over his left hand, likely he doesn't wear it while he's working, as he requires the complete
(04:46:42 pm) <Brad> use of all ten of his fingers. The male combatant misses his mark, and he watches to see how the woman will retaliate.
(04:48:27 pm) * Krisael ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(04:48:49 pm) <Rriss`Pehn> This turn about did bring the Isska to his feet. "Yes! Lame the heavy brute! Bring him down Emshi, show him how the salt stings!" He was stamping his feet and beating his massive fists on the railing, and very nearly putting them through the wood.
(04:49:26 pm) <@Khial-2> Aha! So... the tables turned, or, something. At any rate, chasing her was certainly not the right thing to do. She's lighter, faster, and used to this sort of underestimation in opponents. Spinning to face him, she sees the weapon arcing for her legs and leaps into the air, up and over it. She tucks in midair, rolling into a graceful summersault, and while he's still somewhat leaned
(04:49:27 pm) <@Khial-2> over from the strike, she crouches and grabs a handful of sand from the arena floor, tossing gravel, sand, and bits of hay and grass into his face.
(04:49:30 pm) <@Khial-2> `roll 1d20
(04:49:30 pm) <GameServ> Khial-2 rolled 1d20: 17 <Total: 17>
(04:52:37 pm) <+Alderic-5> `roll 1d20
(04:52:37 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-5 rolled 1d20: 17 <Total: 17>
(04:53:04 pm) <Karys> "Perhaps the tide is turning in her favor, or perhaps she had a tactic all along to wear him down." Indeed, the tribeswoman seemed to be having a turn of luck on the battlefield. "No, not terribly, not that I can tell..but then again, I'm no warrior. I just think he had the upperhand." Had. Now she wasn't quite so sure. It was still anyones match. His quiet question drew her
(04:53:05 pm) <Karys> gaze, fingers nervously playing with the end of one braid, and she gave him another faint, ghost of a smile. "Old, dark magics. I once helped fight something, here in this very arena. Struck the first blow, truth be told." And it had been sweet, really, to make that strike. "Ask me again sometime..just...not here." Not with the ghost of the memory in teh forefront of her mind.
(04:53:05 pm) <Karys> She was willing to tell him of it if he wished, she just wanted a more comfortable -a safer- place to do so. "I think she's found her stride." a gesture towards the fighters.
(04:53:23 pm) <@Khial-2> `roll 1d20
(04:53:24 pm) <GameServ> Khial-2 rolled 1d20: 12 <Total: 12>
(04:53:27 pm) <+Alderic-5> `roll 1d20
(04:53:27 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-5 rolled 1d20: 1 <Total: 1>
(04:53:35 pm) * Khial-2 is now known as Khial-3
(04:55:05 pm) <@Nymphetamine> Risia let out a sound of disappointment, her hands still clutched under her chin. She was so close on the edge of her seat, it was surprising that she wouldn't fall off the next time she edged forward. Eventually, her father lifted a hand and drew her back, though it did little to hide the girl's concern over how the match was going.
(04:56:25 pm) <@Nymphetamine> "It looks like Tespin al-Amas'kyaa has found her inspiration!" What else would you call it? Her sense of the armour? Her groove? Donnovath didn't use phrases like 'she found her groove', that was just terrible. At least he didn't show any favouritism when it came to the two fighters, though he probably reallyw anted to. There was some gold riding on the bet that Alderic would win.
(04:56:32 pm) <+Alderic-5> Clearly, that was a mistake; it was worth trying, but not worth continuing, especially as he had to spit gravel out of his mouth, and blow it out of his nostrils; but his vision was a little more teary because of the stuff in his eyes -- there was no time to wash it out or try to rub it out, he just had to fight with it the way it was, and that's what he tried to do, though with a reversion to 0-
(04:56:33 pm) <+Alderic-5> 0- the original plan; his master at arms taught him to be flexible in a fight, but also to not let pride overwhelm -- the attempt to go after her on the offense failed, badly, and it was time to revert to form -- he backed off even as he took the sand to the face, and concentrated on letting her come to him while keeping the distance between them. That'd be harder, now that he was moving slower and 0-
(04:56:33 pm) <+Alderic-5> 0- wasn't seeing quite as well, but he still had an advantage, he had to work it. In any case, it took a few moments for the opportunity to present itself, but he used the hook opposite the hammer; he tried to catch her clothing with it, yank her off her balance. 0-
(04:56:35 pm) <+Alderic-5> `roll 1d20
(04:56:36 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-5 rolled 1d20: 12 <Total: 12>
(04:56:44 pm) <@Khial-3> `roll 1d20
(04:56:44 pm) <GameServ> Khial-3 rolled 1d20: 13 <Total: 13>
(04:57:55 pm) <Griffin> "That's it, lass, go fer the knees!" Whoo! The tide of the battle was shifting now and seemed to be gratitating toward the female's favor. She sliced him good behind the knees and the flow of battle changed so quickly that Griffin whoo'ed again from the stands happily. For some reason, he'd taken to cheering for the female despite his earlier reservations when her tactics had
(04:57:55 pm) <Griffin> faltered. "I've got money now--buy you dinner to make up fer the one I ate from you?" he offered, half asked, somewhat uncertain about how those things worked among humans. Under normal circumstances he might have just brought her the skinned and gutted corpse of a few rabbits, repaying one meal with another, but something told him that Karys wouldn't know what to do with it. Maybe
(04:57:55 pm) <Griffin> . Maybe not, she could surprise him. Green eyes took notice of the way that she toyed with the end of one ribbon bound plait and he grabbed her hand and twined his fingers with it to distract her from the nervous action. "They're pretty as they are." In otherwords, leave your hair alone, woman. The woman came out on top again and he grinned at her next tactic of using the sand
(04:57:55 pm) <Griffin> and ground itself to her advantage. "She's fightin' beautifully now."
(04:59:33 pm) <Brad> Well, now the match is getting a bit more interesting, and much less one-sided. Gerhalt leans forward to get a better view, though from his seats, there's not really any particularly good view to be had.
(04:59:40 pm) <@Khial-3> Another whirling dervish of a move has her dancing once more out of the reach of his weapon. She'd go again to try and hook his arm with her own, at the wrist, only to hold it steady while she jabs with the Ekri-nam to the inside of his elbow. Short post is short.
(04:59:44 pm) <@Khial-3> `roll 1d20
(04:59:45 pm) <GameServ> Khial-3 rolled 1d20: 20 <Total: 20>
(05:00:22 pm) * Etain ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(05:00:32 pm) * Etain ([email protected]) has left #blkdragon*arena
(05:01:03 pm) <+Alderic-5> `roll 1d20
(05:01:03 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-5 rolled 1d20: 6 <Total: 6>
(05:01:10 pm) * Khial-3 is now known as Khial-5
(05:02:54 pm) <+Alderic-5> That got in good; it ripped into his arm and tore through with a gout of blood that went right on the sand; no slow trickle, and the pain was a searing one. If that'd been his midsection...well, there were weak points in the armor and she found one. He didn't lash out with his weapon, there was no time. He lashed out with a gauntleted back-hand strike, just using the steel around the fist as 0-
(05:02:55 pm) <+Alderic-5> 0- his weapon. There wasn't much in the way of niceties there, but it was the best solution he had on short notice. 0
(05:02:56 pm) <+Alderic-5> `roll 1d20
(05:02:57 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-5 rolled 1d20: 9 <Total: 9>
(05:03:19 pm) <@Khial-5> `roll 1d20
(05:03:20 pm) <GameServ> Khial-5 rolled 1d20: 3 <Total: 3>
(05:03:27 pm) * Alderic-5 is now known as Alderic-6
(05:07:04 pm) <@Khial-5> The Emshi swore up a blue streak in her native Najjira tongue as the steel gauntlet cracks right across her cheekbone. Granted, he hadn't broken her face or anything, but damn, it hurt like hell, and in seconds, began to swell and bruise. Bringing the back of her hand up, she swipes across her cheek, wincing, and narrows her eyes on him. They're still relatively close in proximity,
(05:07:04 pm) <@Khial-5> and she reverse grips the hooked weapon she carries in her off hand, bringing it swiftly upward to try and catch the seam between greaves and legplates, right at his knee, to take out a leg too.
(05:07:08 pm) <@Khial-5> `roll 1d20
(05:07:09 pm) <GameServ> Khial-5 rolled 1d20: 9 <Total: 9>
(05:08:03 pm) <+Alderic-6> `roll 1d20
(05:08:03 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-6 rolled 1d20: 19 <Total: 19>
(05:08:24 pm) * Raerean_Myrthmitore ([email protected]yvzw.com) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(05:08:37 pm) <@Nymphetamine> Poor Tespin Silak. She was back on the edge of her seat again, heart in her throat. Even now, Sivath and Alaford had edged closer to watch, both as anxious about the match as the girl. Risia could hardly sit still.
(05:11:02 pm) <+Alderic-6> A turn of the leg was all it took; the knife scraped plate, but scrape was all it did. He had a few of those in the armor from this fight, but the armor, by and large, held up well. It kept him in the fight, in fact. Where he'd failed, of course, was tactically, in that he'd advanced too much, tried to go on the offensive and paid for it. Now, he was trying to fight cautious again, forcing her 0-
(05:11:02 pm) <+Alderic-6> 0- to close the distance against longer arms and a longer weapon, only moving enough to meet her. And, to a degree, trusting in his training with the armor to make the most of it, though she'd scored impressive hits on the man within; that gauntlet was awash with his blood dripping all along the bottom of it, from wrist to elbow. It was a gory wound, and it was with a degree of audible breathing 0-
(05:11:03 pm) <+Alderic-6> 0- and a clenched jaw that he held his pain together as he made another stab with the spearpoint, trying to get his opponent once more...and if he happened to pass right by her, he'd try to get her on the hook when he yanked the weapon back... 0-
(05:11:04 pm) <+Alderic-6> `roll 1d20
(05:11:04 pm) <GameServ> Alderic-6 rolled 1d20: 19 <Total: 19>
(05:11:20 pm) * iliili ([email protected]) has joined #blkdragon*arena
(05:11:33 pm) <Rriss`Pehn> "Is too close, Ser Baudin has training, but Tespin al-Amas'kyaa has the tanacity to keep this fight from being too one sided."
(05:11:34 pm) <@Khial-5> `roll 1d20
(05:11:34 pm) <GameServ> Khial-5 rolled 1d20: 5 <Total: 5>
(05:11:45 pm) * Alderic-6 is now known as Alderic-7
(05:13:51 pm) <Karys> Griffin might be surprised indeed that she knew how to cook. She was a merchant's daughter, raised to know the value of working, not someone born into the position she now held. Besides that, she'd read a scroll regarding field dressing, skinning, and campfire cookouts. ... "Dinner?" she blinked, glancing to him. Still, from teh corner of her eye she saw another spurt of bllod,
(05:13:51 pm) <Karys> enough this time to have her paling just slightly. It was one thing, she thought, to be in a fight for your life. She didn't quite undertsand why people would put themselves through something like this for the fun or glory. "I.." He'd worded it innocently enough. A meal for a meal. "Alright, I'd like that. Thank you." It seemed the fight was turning in the tribewoman's favor
(05:13:51 pm) <Karys> . SHe'd leaned forward to watch, fascinated despite herself, and didn't notice at first that Griffin had grabbed her hand and claimed it in his own. "I think at this point it can go either way." She glanced towards the elf, then blinked down at their linked hands, a touch of color at her cheeks. "Did you put money on teh match at all?"
(05:14:16 pm) <@Khial-5> The hook makes a sickening sound as it finds purchase between the seams of her armor, right above her kidney. Not nearly as bad a spearing as the first one to her side, still, this one hurts, and it rips a gash in her that makes her black out for a moment, going limp. She goes down face first in the dirt, bleeding steadily now, and one hand weakly raises to signal her yield. She
(05:14:16 pm) <@Khial-5> can't take anymore... to try would be folly at this point. "...lotfan..." Please. It sounds like a please, anyway.
(05:15:01 pm) * Khial-5 is now known as Khial
(05:15:07 pm) * Alderic-7 is now known as Alderic_Baudin
(05:16:12 pm) <@Nymphetamine> "That plate armour's been a huge bonus to Ser Baudin," Donnovath replied with a grin. He was on his feet again, stepping close to the rail, his fingers closing around it. "It's very close." It was all he could do not to cheer for the side that was backed by his family. With Khial's submission, the match was over. "HOLD!" he called out. Clapping his hands together, he lead the wild cheering that was --
(05:16:12 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- taking the arena by storm. "Healers, to the fighters. Ser Alderic Baudin is the Tournament Champion! Give him a round of applause for his hard fought battle! If you can stay there, Ser Baudin, the city council will be down right away. My lords, my ladies," he could be heard saying as he turned to those in the announcer box.
(05:17:36 pm) <@Nymphetamine> The three Silaks in the stands were on the feet and cheering when Khial submitted. Risia was bouncing up and down and practically hugging Sivath, their father looking on with a well pleased smile on his features.
(05:18:58 pm) <+Alderic_Baudin> He'd made mistakes, and that was true of the two fights before that one, and so he found himself slightly surprised to have reversed the trend of the fight where the woman was pressing him -- it was as if she'd dialed him in and suddenly started scoring hits; including that hit to the arm that had the armor on his forearm soaked in blood -- that was the most immediate concern among wounds that 0-
(05:18:59 pm) <+Alderic_Baudin> 0- he could think of. Of course, the woman had more wounds than him, including that puncture to the midsection. And so when he held from the next attack, the one he was about to make on the woman as she surrendered, it took a moment to transfer his weapon to the arm that didn't bleed, plant it in the ground and then signal for the first healer coming toward him to go to the woman first; fight was 0-
(05:19:00 pm) <+Alderic_Baudin> 0- over, and he could afford the courtesy, "Her first." 0
(05:19:24 pm) <@Nymphetamine> By now, the mages had brought down the anti-magic field that enveloped the arena, and the healers were running out to take care of the two combatants. Khial was seen by a team of three, carefully removing her plate so they could examine any damage done to her slim frame. Another trio of healers (all in green) were coming up to Alderic, asking quiet questions of his injuries. The journeyman healer, Azalia Stygian was --
(05:19:24 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- present as well, but was standing between the two fighters, directing traffic.
(05:20:04 pm) <Griffin> It was only dinner. It wasn't as if he'd brought her the pelt of a great mountain beast and asked her to bear his children. Geez. "Aye. Did I say somethin' wrong?" The fight came to a close but Khial had certainly gave it her all and was worth the applause that he joined in giving as the fight came to its conclusion and healers rushed to the field. If she told him that she read
(05:20:04 pm) <Griffin> a scroll, he would have laughed at her without disrespect intended. Reading about something wasn't the same as actually performing the deed and trying it for oneself. Fingers were warm to the touch twined within her own to give her hand something else to do besides the nerves gesture of playing with her hair, but when she looked at him, he grinned and gave a faint shrug of his
(05:20:04 pm) <Griffin> shoulders. "I was planning to do it but became distracted by a pretty girl. Guess it's best that I missed my chance to do it then."
(05:21:47 pm) <Rriss`Pehn> "Maybe is last we see of plate wearing Emshi for some time, yes." He hadnt bothered with armor when he'd faught and he was rather confused that a fellow desert dweller would have made the choice. "Is time now for celebration yes, Vorfon talky man?"
(05:22:23 pm) <@Khial> A fresh gush of blood surges forth as the healers pull the dented plate from her side, where it had staunched the flow of blood to a less critical rush. Khial groans, fumbling herself to get the helm off her head. She can't breathe, it all hurts, and soon enough, she'd blacked out again. It likely makes it easier for the healers to manhandle her as she's carried out of the arena,
(05:22:23 pm) <@Khial> since she's not too keen on complete strangers pawing at her and taking her clothes off! Anyhow, she's down for the count for a bit anyway.
(05:22:47 pm) * Khial is now known as Suzthulhu
(05:24:44 pm) * Brad ([email protected]) has left #blkdragon*arena
(05:24:48 pm) <+Alderic_Baudin> It was true enough; armor took training to use properly, and he'd obviously learned something of the technique of using it to absorb the hits, to mitigate the blows. Sometimes, though, a weapon got through, but not enough to change the fact that the armor was a part of the success, just as the weapon was. A fighter that moved around with great agility had to train to do that, just as a man in 0-
(05:24:49 pm) <+Alderic_Baudin> 0- armor had to train to overcome the disadvantages of armor, mobility, and learn to maximize the advantages, protection. A bad turn or two more and he might have been the one on the ground. It was sobering stuff. 0
(05:24:54 pm) <@Nymphetamine> Donnovath was one of the last to leave the announcer's box, taking Rriss with him, explaining the next part of the tournament as he walked down the steps behind the city council. "First, we present Ser Baudin with a victory laurel, and the winner's purse. And then, I'll have to direct you to the King's Inn for celebrations. Though I think my family has other plans in mind." The Silak household had probably just made --
(05:24:54 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- a tidy sum of money on betting on the man her father had gambled on. Not to mention, Alaford Silak had brought Alderic into his household for some reason or another. The city council (mostly guildsmen) and Donnovath with Rriss came out onto the arena floor, still clapping, attended by a few servants.
(05:25:57 pm) * Marin`Taldett ([email protected]) has left #blkdragon*arena
(05:28:36 pm) <@Nymphetamine> "Congratulations, Ser Baudin!" They all seemed to cheer him on and praised him lavishly, the crowd screaming itself hoarse. The head of the city council, a short, squat man stepped forward with a grin and twisted to gesture one of the servants forward. On a red velvet pillow rested a replica laurel in solid gold, worth a tidy profit in addition to the purse he was going to be awarded with. "Ser Alderic Baudin. You --
(05:28:36 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- have fought bravely these past weeks and have proven yourself to be quite the champion. Allow me to crown you with the victor's laurel, that you might wear proudly." It was a silly thing to wear more than just now, but it might make a good costume piece later. The man stepped forward to place it gently on Alderic's head when he knelt enough for the short man to do so.
(05:31:18 pm) * Stygian ([email protected]) Quit (Quit: Remember, man, that thou art dust, and unto dust thou shalt return.)
(05:33:07 pm) <Rriss`Pehn> "Is good to win, Ser Baudin, yes. Now many females will be for your choosing, yes." The Isska slapped the man's plated shoulder with a massive claw tipped hand. "Rriss'pehn is sure they be lining up for you, yes."
(05:39:40 pm) <Karys> "No, you didn't say anything wrong." she reassured, a smile curving her lips upwards. The fight was over and teh tribeswoman had yielded. She'd raised her hands to clap, only to realize one was still enfolded in the elf's larger. "You're better off then, betting is, well, never a sure bet." a quick grin. She wondered if Addison were about and if he'd bet on the match. If so,
(05:39:40 pm) <Karys> had he won or lost? She'd have to inquire about it later. For a moment she watched the healers as they hurried to see to the two fighters, lips twisting in a small frown. "I've little talent for healing, though I've certainly tried my hand at it. I hope she's not too abdly hrut." the tribeswoman appeared to have passed out, while the victor seemed alert still, but was also being
(05:39:40 pm) <Karys> looked over. "Do your people do this?" she gestured out over the bloodied sand, her expression thoughtful and quiet. "Fight for sport, I mean."
(05:42:44 pm) * Rriss`Pehn ([email protected]) Quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
(05:45:25 pm) <Griffin> Addison would tell her something sexist about how he'd bet on the man because he was bigger and a woman's place was in the kitchen. Griff realized that he was occupying her hand for just a little too long and let go with a grin. "No. We fight to address wrongs an' to settle disputes, but there's no fightin' fer sport, lass. There's too much else to be done and so much work to
(05:45:25 pm) <Griffin> complete that there's no time." Right now they were likely scrambling to prepare for the long winter months, collecting enough food and preparing furs and winter adornments to be worn as the cold swept over the country. He rose from his seat and glanced down over the field again to the woman that was receiving care for her injuries, impressed regardless of her loss. She was quick,
(05:45:25 pm) <Griffin> and he certainly wouldn't want to fight her. "I've a little practice in healing, but my talent is best in other places I think." He was good at herb gathering and better at making healing poultices and ointments, naturally. A vague shift of one hand, now that the other had released her, was swept toward the exit of the arena. "Inn?"
(05:46:30 pm) <+Alderic_Baudin> "My thanks." Well, he was in a great degree of pain. When that plump bastard made him kneel, it *hurt*; he had a turned ankle and a knee that was actually bleeding, but he managed to grit his teeth and accept the pain. Of course, the blood was also running down his gauntlet. Perhaps it was a bit of malice that caused him to move his arm and splash some of the blood on the official, "My 0-
(05:46:31 pm) <+Alderic_Baudin> 0- apologies, ser, I did not think...I mean, I did not intend..." Well, it was a lot of blood, too. But once the fellow was splashed, there were other congratulations being given; "Uh, I suppose they might, thank you," No doubt Rriss intended to be comradely in the comment, but he had visions of the sort of tarts his cousin cavorted with at the Melon Market, a low-rent brothel in the Red 0-
(05:46:32 pm) <+Alderic_Baudin> 0- Lantern. Of course, he hadn't seen his cousin Bretan, not since winning that first match... 0
(05:51:03 pm) <@Nymphetamine> Azalia, the petite and about five foot tall young woman in healer green, reached out for the nearest gap in Alderic's armour, though this might have been his head. A brief flare of warmth, and the soreness in his knee eased somewhat. Just a touch of superflurous magic, the woman giving him a cheeky smile if he looked her way, almost a sly 'It's a secret' sort of look. She did help him back to his feet when the councilman --
(05:51:03 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- had crowned him. Another awarded him his rather heavy purse of gold, much to the cheering of the crowd again. Donnovath took Alderic's free hand and lifted it slowly above their heads, certainly intending not to go any higher than was comfortable for the knight. "Congratulations to Ser Baudin again!" In the company of the council and his trio of healers, they would lead him off the field. No doubt Alaford Silak and his --
(05:51:03 pm) <@Nymphetamine> -- two children wanted to congratulate him in person as soon as possible, and would see him shortly as the healers bandaged and patched him up.
(05:56:33 pm) <Ravynetti`Tivaurd> Somewhere out in the crowds, a trio of goblins dart about to collect a certain necromancer's winnings.
(05:56:53 pm) <Ravynetti`Tivaurd> Gambling. The other cash flow.

Post Reply