Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak

Organization of the Forums

Post by Nymphetamine »

Someone mentioned this to me a while ago, that there's a LOT of forums on our boards. And I know it looks really daunting the very first time you log into our boards and you realize just how much is there. What I said then was what I'll say here: There's a reason for it.

Every forum or section is cordoned for a reason. When you're a volunteer, and you're only on the forums for the volunteer information, it's all right in one place. You don't have to sort through, or try to skim through threads, it's all sectioned off. Everything in that section is just going to be about volunteer stuff, making your job 100% easier.

It might seem a little anal retentive to break down the forums as they have been, but in the end, after a year of accumulated threads, it's going to be for the best. Yes, right now, there's a few empty forums, but it's intended that they're not always going to be empty. If we've been overzealous, and made too many, we can always remove them in the future. For now, this saves us the hassle of having to move a ton of threads later. Just in case.

That said, you might notice that things have changed on a day to day basis while we try to out new ways to organize things. You might notice that new forums have appeared that were previously only myth and legend. And they might disappear again.

I feel like I need some meme pic for this.

Oh well.

PS: I added in forum ranks based on feudal titles. Because clearly, this is all I do while Suz and the wiki volunteers are busting tail.
Last edited by Nymphetamine on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Suzthulhu
Baron
Preferred Title: Great Old One
Characters: All of them.

Re: Organization of the Forums

Post by Suzthulhu »

Yes. I am QUEEN OF THE WIKI PEOPLE.
Elitist Dicks Only
Nymphetamine
Admin
Preferred Title: Marog the Destroyer
Characters: Aezra
Azalia Stygian
Eliya Almakira al-Fasaad
Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak

Re: Organization of the Forums

Post by Nymphetamine »

I think I'm settled on the current organization.

The Setting Nerds forum was made public, with a few story line related threads moved off. There was an addition of two more access-restricted forums for both the IC news coordination and the setting stuff, so that story line related information was not discussed in public before it was ready.

I made a new group, Paparazzi that's listed in the forums' legend. This group is for the people who are working on the IC news like the Rumor Mill (or Gazette).