A formal request of Sithire Auxerre

In character communications.
TheOneWhoKnows
Operator
Characters: Uzzo, Welkith`Quarek, Weiss(?), Tiny`Spider

A formal request of Sithire Auxerre

Post by TheOneWhoKnows »

Floxod Uzzo hereby requests of Sithire Auxerre a grant and appropriation of a parcel of land in proximity of Drache proper upon which to conduct the following:

1.) The accumulation, consolidation, dissemination and advancement of native and foreign agricultural techniques for domestic application, such as soil reclamation, rejuvenation, irrigation, improved crop cycling and cultivation of current and alternative crop species and the feasibility of practical application upon domestic regions of the Transdariania.

It is from Floxod Uzzo's experience that the progress of agricultural techniques employed by the farmers of the Transdariania countryside have stagnated and its advancement stymied by tradition of bygone seasons. The reason for this is the fact that farmers and free tenants do not have the time nor energy available upon which to explore these avenues, any measure of success is ultimately hampered by their lack of academic knowledge in these areas. Time is money, and time not spent in the fields is money lost at the market, the price to ones livelihood these efforts entail results in an unfeasible hurdle at an individual level. While the management of these lands by nobility are no doubt more than adequate, they themselves rely on the accumulated generational knowledge passed down by those that tend the land itself.

2.) The utilization of this parcel of land is two-fold. First, it will serve as a testing ground from which to conduct studies aimed at improving the aforementioned qualities of agriculture, successful ventures can be scaled and utilized at a regional level after appropriate study. It will also serve as a seed bank for the variety of cultivated flora. Secondly, this parcel of land will be used to expand upon previous endeavors undertaken by Floxod Uzzo concerning matters of combating poverty within Drache.

The levels of poverty concerning Drache's lower class of citizenry is an issue which has been addressed in several manners, such as charity and the like. However, these are ultimately treating the symptoms of poverty rather than addressing contributing factors. With the Civil War over these numbers are likely to swell further. Thus far Floxod Uzzo has been working in conjunction with The Hearth in efforts to enlist disenfranchised individuals and offer them the opportunity in the form of job training and job placement. With the influx of new nobility and baronial estates, many are in need of a work force to achieve a level of success that is mutually beneficial with the economic growth the Duchy of Transdariania wishes for. Aside from the multitudes of tasks that require unskilled labour, this parcel will function as a training site for agricultural skills as well as accompanying fields of support trades and knowledge. The end goal is to train individuals and prepare them for free tenancy and other associated trades, as well as arrange placement for these individuals regionally so their new found talents may prosper accordingly. As a matter of logistics the location and proximity of this parcel should be physically close to Drache proper as possible.

- Floxod Uzzo
laytrayin
Baron
Characters: LayTrayin Chasingfire
Aridia Vloress
Naomi
Sylestra

Re: A formal request of Sithire Auxerre

Post by laytrayin »

I have read this request by Floxod Uzzo and give it my full support

Floxod Aridia Vloress

[seal attached]
Because I am one with the taker of life, and I love pain and suffering, misery and death as it loves me. These are things I am not willing to give up, if death is release then let it never find me so I may live long and suffer much.
Nymphetamine
Admin
Preferred Title: Marog the Destroyer
Characters: Aezra
Azalia Stygian
Eliya Almakira al-Fasaad
Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak

Re: A formal request of Sithire Auxerre

Post by Nymphetamine »

A reply on vellum, sealed with the black wax and imprint of the Dragon of the Sithire, is delivered to Floxod Uzzo.

Written in rich black ink by a steady, even hand:
Dear Floxod Uzzo --

Your request will be granted.

A small parcel of land in the redeveloped civics district of Drache will be allotted to your project. The Center of Agriculture and Seed Bank shall endowed with a grant of twenty thousand crown to start, and then given an annual stipend from the Treasury of Transdariania, to be negotiated at a later date.

With my blessing, may your endeavor serve the people of Drache well.

-- Isabelle Auxerre, Sithire of Transdariana