Civic Guard
Characters: OOC: Trace
Mains: Russell (Arms-Corporal, CG), Taranis Elisvir
Secondaries: Emily Knight, Lily Reese
Benched: Shezari, Natalei, Inanna
totally not alive anymore: Karen, Pashti, Jillian

Petition to the Council

Post by Trace »

As some of you may or may not be aware, I am the owner of a modest sailing vessel by the name of Aurora Crusader. I use this vessel to run courier services up and down the Darian, as well as to select locations out at sea.

Lately I have been concerned that my mercantile endeavors might be predated upon, and as it's taken me a lot of time and effort to get to where I am, enjoying some modest success and a certain amount of income derived from it, I would like permission to add some defensive options to my ship.

I've no intention of turning her into a naval combat vessel, but if I can add a couple of five-pounders to her, I believe that would be plenty enough to deter most would-be pirates, and my ship's speed can handle the rest. (Not to boast, but she can make 30 knots in good wind. I'm quite proud of my little Aurora.)

...Granted, I had intended to arm the Aurora regardless, but sound advice from my intended convinced me otherwise. Therefore I would like formal permission to mount cannon on board, no greater than five guns (my original plan was one fore and aft, but I decided on two aft, one forward, and two amidships) both in order to defend my financial interests and to avoid having my ship (or worse, myself) impounded for having unregistered, perhaps illegal weaponry aboard.

(with florid penmanship)
Trace Reading, owner, Aurora Crusader.
TheOneWhoKnows
Operator
Characters: Uzzo, Welkith`Quarek, Weiss(?), Tiny`Spider

Re: Petition to the Council

Post by TheOneWhoKnows »

Unless your intention is to equip your vessel with some form of exotic weaponry that would pose a risk to the general populace or region at large than no such permission is required from the government or sanctioned bodies herein to arm your vessel as you please. By law, captains are afforded a level of defensive measures to ensure the safety of both their property and crew with provable cause for self-defense.

I would heavily advise against unwarranted attacks against other vessels unless they pose an imminent danger to your property or crew.

(With austere penmanship)
- Floxod Uzzo, Drachean Council
laytrayin
Baron
Characters: LayTrayin Chasingfire
Aridia Vloress
Naomi
Sylestra

Re: Petition to the Council

Post by laytrayin »

I do agree with Floxod Uzzo on this matter and as long as you do not become a pirate or other close to such i see no problem with arming your ship for defense.

Floxod Aridia Vloress

[seal attached]
Because I am one with the taker of life, and I love pain and suffering, misery and death as it loves me. These are things I am not willing to give up, if death is release then let it never find me so I may live long and suffer much.