Characters: Aleah ul-Seyrod Dryksson
Idelle Habri (formerly Idelle Sarault)
Niran DeClan
Xadim Purok
Sajaad Talaes

Letter to General Asnerith Dreth IV, Sithire of Minkbrantha

Post by Ayanula »

General Dreth,

It is with honor that I address you in correspondence on behalf of the Tyhinn Empire and of that of Emperor Ilith Marconos. As I imagine you are aware, there is a fragile situation that has been unfolding along our southern border with Zul Kiras. The United Clans have been amassing forces there for some time, to which our mounted divisions have set up numerous camps and erected forts to counter the bold moves that our orcish counterparts have been undertaking.

War is imminent, no matter how one attempts to spin the military build-up. We have long acknowledged the vulnerabilities that our unfortified Southlands have presented. However, it is not without reverence that we acknowledge that the loom of a great conflict can turn into that of an opportunity. Not only for us, but for potential partners in the brooding war that is to come.

I speak, of course, of a project that we have long weighed in the face of previous logistical challenges: the Great Canal. By regaining a firm hold of our Southland province, we will be able to begin the two year-long project of channeling a canal that will connect the Long Sea with the Inland Sea and - by extension - the South Sea.

This ambitious project will link nautical trade routes across the upper neck of Veth, cutting travel times in half for many networks of merchant vessels. By instituting a tariff against all traffic that crosses through, the potential for profiteering is extremely high; especially with the heavy demand to utilize this alternate route. It will serve to make those who partner with this project very wealthy.

What we are proposing is a military alliance to assist in the stabilization of the Southlands for the two years that this project will require to complete. While the Tyhinn Empire assumes most of the risk, we cannot thwart a complete and total bombardment of our borders, should the United Clans attempt such a feat. Thus, we will require a regional ally that can lend a contingent force able to help us logistically keep supply trains unaffected by our orcish counterparts. Such an investment would require a yield of anywhere from 5-15,000 foreign troops.

It goes without saying that the alignment of our two regions will act as a financial investment in the project of the Great Canal. To support our forces while we stave off orcish bombardments would see a divide of 70-30 profits going exclusively towards your lands and holdings. And with the estimation of how much traffic will be utilizing it, it's easy to see that you could benefit greatly from such a militaristic marriage - especially so when the commitment concludes.

Your response would be greatly appreciated, regardless of your decision. Should you elect to move forward in this bondage, we will send a formal delegation to Minkbrantha to negotiate and finalize all of the details.

Respectfully,

~Cinos Iverichae
Chancellor of Foreign Affairs for the Tyhinn Empire
Jammy
Esquire
Preferred Title: Supreme Commander
Characters: ```. Fa'el, Colette

Re: Letter to General Asnerith Dreth IV, Sithire of Minkbrantha

Post by Jammy »

Chancellor,

I, along with my wife and strategic ally, her terribly Majesty, Sithire of Drache, Isabelle Auxerre have considered your request.

As you and your Emperor are surely aware, the Bloody Fifth Regiment is one of the most capable forces in action today. Our offensive and defensive capabilities are beyond reproach. They are beyond a doubt, along side my Lady-Wife, one my greatest treasures. I dare say all of Arangoth's greatest treasures.

Send your delegation and the Commanding General of this proposed campaign. I want to speak with someone who will understand just what he is buying.

His Majesty,

Asnerith Dreth
Sithire of Minkbrantha
Commander, Fifth Regiment