Can't get a hold of an operator in channel? Need help connecting? Want to make a suggestion? Questions regarding lore, history or the setting can be asked here.
Nymphetamine
Admin
Preferred Title: Marog the Destroyer
Characters: Aezra
Azalia Stygian
Eliya Almakira al-Fasaad
Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak

Post by Nymphetamine »

With the launch of the new site, and all the changes we've made, we'd humbly like to request any and all feedback regarding the new site and forums.

What do you like? What do you not like? Are we missing something on the forums? Have you noticed that there's just a place holder for the rules still up? (Totally my bad!) Do you want to see something added to the Quick Start or Class/Race guides? Maybe something subtracted? Do the colours clash just that badly on the forums for the sub groups?

We want to know!
Seren
Characters: Nadiyya

Re: Feedback: August 25th

Post by Seren »

The new site looks great! I am really impressed with the structural changes and excited about the site's potential. Thanks to everyone who has put their time and effort into the project.

Some quick feedback after looking at the forums and registering:

1) The links in the forum descriptions (world map, setting info) do not seem to be working. I'm guessing the latter is supposed to direct people to the "Rules" that were mentioned? Not really sure. I would like to suggest using Wiki pages for these links and having them open in new windows. They were the first links I clicked on when I opened the forums.

2) The registration email was sent to my gmail spam folder with the following message: "Why is this message in Spam? We've found that lots of messages from [email protected] are spam." Not exactly sure why this occurred, but it might be a good idea to advise folks to check their spam folders when they register.

Best of luck moving forward, and thanks again!
Karras
Setting Nerd
Preferred Title: Stoobi-Wun-Kanubi
Characters: Merrax
Xeran
Bakchost
Gethri

Re: Feedback: August 25th

Post by Karras »

Madyriel wrote:1) The links in the forum descriptions (world map, setting info) do not seem to be working. I'm guessing the latter is supposed to direct people to the "Rules" that were mentioned? Not really sure. I would like to suggest using Wiki pages for these links and having them open in new windows. They were the first links I clicked on when I opened the forums.
Thanks Mady, when the new site moved over I didn't update the links to reflect the old site changes. D'oh! I've updated the links on the IC side of the forums now.

The Wiki is looking very scarce right now, with only basic pages on Drache and Arangoth. Over time as we expand the Wiki, I'll have the links of the forum direct to the relevant wiki articles. For now, they'll link to the 'World' pages on the old BDI website.