Spooky

Drache is the present-day capital of the Kingdom of Arangoth and lies at the mouth of the River Darian, surrounded by the city docks all along the waterfront. Click here for information on the various suburbs and areas of Drache. You can also click here to view a sketched map of the city.
dragonwielder
Knight
Preferred Title: dragonwielder
Characters: Aldenaxk, Nicholas, Arreon, Aliana, Neakas, Jerichoni, jeffrey, Arkchar, Jorvek,

Spooky

Post by dragonwielder »

5:13 PM <Nicholas> It begins in the middle, slowing spreading like rot from a core, over the city of drache, the sun's warm white rays began to be replaced by a crimson red, as if the sun were a fruit and someone peeled off the skin. That dark red sun bears down upon the city, a signal of something dark. It shines through the windows, painting the insides of buildings red as the sky, like the eye of a demon watching everyone from above.

By the next morning however, the sun rises it's normal comforting color.
"Arthur, have some faith. Stop doubtin me! I have a plan. we just need more time....and money. We'll grab a boat and go to TAHITI"
dragonwielder
Knight
Characters: Aldenaxk, Nicholas, Arreon, Aliana, Neakas, Jerichoni, jeffrey, Arkchar, Jorvek,

Re: Spooky

Post by dragonwielder »

5:21 PM <Nicholas> Once again, it happens in the sky, like a rotting apple core, that redness spreads out across the sun, turning it into a horrid massive fruit, as if someone peeled off it's yellow skin. Red beams of light flow in through windows, the shadows are darker, more black, due to the crimson red light shining down upon the world below. It doesn't even hurt to look at the sun, one can turn their eyes up to the sky and see it, looming there like a demonic eye setting it's gaze upon the world. This time however, even as the sun rises and sets, the crimson red is here to stay.
"Arthur, have some faith. Stop doubtin me! I have a plan. we just need more time....and money. We'll grab a boat and go to TAHITI"
dragonwielder
Knight

Post by dragonwielder »

3:05 PM <Nicholas> Somewhere, far away from transdariana, the face of the abyss emerges from the woods of the Elgar, it's spider legged wolf horde following behind it. Horrid creature, the bodies of wolves, with fleshy red skin instead of fur, with sharp spider legs and the tails of scorpions. Hundreds of them, eyes glowing, can be seen following the abyss being out of the Elgar, on the trees and the ground. The abyss being himself pauses at the edge of the woods, and gives a long hiss. "we expand." It states simply. After that, it proceeds to stab that massive blade in the ground, causing a small radius to shake a little. The ground then begins cracking like ice, beams of red light shining through the cracks as they begin ever so slowly spreading from the blade. It then pulls it's blade from the ground, and begins marching forth with it's horde. Meanwhile, in those cracks, something emerges. A horrid clawed hand suddenly bursts out of the crack. A new spawn for the horrid horde of madness.
dragonwielder
Knight

Post by dragonwielder »

They had come upon that village during the night. There was no time to prepare. And even if they had, it would have been worth nothing, for they overtook the territory like flies to a rotten fruit. The face of the abyss had continued with his forces past the village, for a new general had been appointed to reside over making sure the town and its people were reduced to bits and pieces. That general stood now, amongst all the terror it wrought, watching his brood of monsters tear apart corpses. Horrid creatures they were. Skeletal faces with lidless blind eyes that stared into infinity, legs and torsos covered with slimy scaly skin, and four arms leaving hat torso, two on each side ending in spikes, which they would clap together like the pincers of an insect after using those arms to prey close. As for the general, in their tongue it was called the wretch. It stood at five foot eight, with pale white skin, no muscle on his body to speak of. As if he were starved. Unlike it's spawn, he only had one pair of arms, ended in blade tipped claws. It wore the cloak and mask of a ranger, armor made from what looked to be the scales of it's own spawn covered his body, save for it's feet, which had elongated toes meant for traversal and branch grabbing. Demonic blue eyes glowed from beneath the mask as it's gaze drifted about. "Location secure." It rasped out simply, idly kicking a severed head of a woman that rolled by as if it were a ball. The village was in ruins, the cries of mercy from those that didn't flee had stopped, for they lay dead, long slaughtered like lambs. There had been a mage in town, a powerful one it seems. They had him in the middle of the village, impaled on spikes as a testament to their power. The power that would soon overtake this wretched realm. And so, the wretch continued to the outskirts of the village, and threw a dagger into the ground. And from that dagger, the horrid red cracks began spreading. More for the horde, which would follow the wretch and the face of the abyss further across the land, bringing havoc and suffering.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/36119ea562b ... ly_540.jpg
dragonwielder
Knight

Post by dragonwielder »

7:05 PM <Nicholas> Just as randomly as it appeared, like the color filling an embarrassed face, yellow slowly spreads from the core of the sun, consuming the red as that familiar and warm color now rains its rays down upon the world. Rays of comfort and relief. Perhaps things won't be that bad?
dragonwielder
Knight

Post by dragonwielder »

In the distance, on the edge of the Elgar past Asprominke's defense line, things idly stir. They've been relatively lax so far, with only a few wolf spiders and four arm scouts raiding the defense. But other than that, they seem to be staying at the edge of the Elgar, waiting, biding their time for something while using those dreaded woods to keep themselves partly hidden and harder to pin down. Every once and a while, the third of trees falling can be heard from that forest, and shuffling as that tree is dragged off. Something is being created past that wall of trees.