BDI Setting Pieces: Moving Forward

Discussion of the various things regarding the setting itself, such as large changes to culture, politics or geography.

General consensus

LEGACY OPTION: Stuff it into tidy boxes and put it in the attic, still available for viewing, but obsolete as far as setting involvement is concerned.
88%
DELETION: Kinda straight forward, out with the old, in with the new. Kiss it goodbye.
No votes
PRETENDING IT DOESN'T EXIST: Lets be honest, a lotta stuff already falls into this category.
13%

Total votes: 8

TheOneWhoKnows
Operator
Characters: Uzzo, Welkith`Quarek, Weiss(?), Tiny`Spider

BDI Setting Pieces: Moving Forward

Post by TheOneWhoKnows »

Long story short: This is a discussion of how we should move forward as FFRP community, specifically in regards to how we want to handle out of date, isolated, defunct and/or generally unused setting materials that BDI has accumulated over more than two decades of fantastical additions from the minds and hearts of those who have come and gone, and even some of whom still remain.

Getting a general consensus of what members think of the options on the table. Note: Just because something wins the vote, it's a small sample size, so it's not the greatest representation. It does, however, give food for thought on how things should be handled.

Also, feel entirely free to give your own alternative options and ideas on how things should be handled. We're open to any and all ideas concerning how to handle the matter.
Oblivioncalls
Civic Guard
Characters: Ulfric Brynjolf
Lane Silverbow
Merik Blackwater
Luciana Arana
Alejandra Castilleja
Kurina Ironcleaver
Kieran Creed
Haunt

Re: BDI Setting Pieces: Moving Forward

Post by Oblivioncalls »

I think Legacy is the best route forward, as it's the best combination of ignoring and deleting it. It can be packed away and obsolete so that new things can grow, and still be available as a bit of a lesson into the history of BDI.
Karras
Setting Nerd
Preferred Title: Stoobi-Wun-Kanubi
Characters: Merrax
Xeran
Bakchost
Gethri

Re: BDI Setting Pieces: Moving Forward

Post by Karras »

I think there's a number of settings that woukd qualify as legacy material that haven't seen the light of day or little use in BDI's lifespan.

Griffon's Aerie and Leturia (I can see these were first to go to the dusty bookshelf)
-Tollor, Elluria and smaller Southland Provinces
-Rashnad
-Panguro
-Xiun La/Ha
Isle of Summers Winter (didn't even make it to new site anyhow)
Mysthaven
Bahr
Kazamki/Antaran
Cabalos Isles
Thontaran
Azaan
Bahija
Assi Tribes
Vernor
Tor Anan

Just sone ideas on older settings. I'm not sure the extent to how these settings have been used last couple of years. Most of these settings have remained unchanged since the migration from the old website.

I did make some updates to Griffon's Aerie but these are small addendums. The setting has pretty much remain unchanged since it's creation in 1997.

Maybe an amalgamation of the three settings into one? Secca, Letura and GA? New Vallaria? Maybe Old Vallaria falls to The Doom.. (sorry, couldn't resist)