June 2003 - Mail Achieves

Coordination and information for the various volunteers of BDI.
Jayne
Viscount
Preferred Title: Nymphadora
Characters: [Main Characters]
Lucinda Darke
Nixlya Silkire
Apple/Faedre
Inessa Deathsong
Kaitlyn

Re: June 2003 - Mail Achieves

Post by Jayne »

Retrospect: The Journey to Hell continues ... II
Author: Lil Smidget
Date: 22 June 2003

The House of De Montefort holds a deep, dark secret. Granted, if the era were far more advanced, this would not be a big deal; however, during the medieval era - it's utterly scandalous. Three years prior to the jousting tournament that toppled Sir Cerrach Kao as the undefeated champion for the past five years, Arahisie gave birth to a beautiful baby girl - out of wedlock.

For many in the lower classes of society, this wouldn't come as any shock, but for those of the upper social structure - it could ruin a family's good name. Jerich and Sarah, Arah's lady-in-waiting are the only other two (aside from Arah and Severik) who knew of this. Jerich made the arrangements for Arahisie to travel with Sarah for the entirety of the pregnancy; separating the two love birds for a year's time. This served another purpose as well. Severik would be able to focus more on his duty as Knight in the King's Militia and better serve his God, King and Country during the war, leaving the two women and unborn child safe from harm.

It was during this war that Jerich and Arahisie lost their father. Their mother had passed on years ago while giving birth to Arahisie; she'd bled to death. Jerich and Severik served valiantly under the command of Sir Cerrach Kao; whom was just biding his time in ridding Severik of his last breaths.

Six years Ago:

The war ended and Severik, upon seeing his two beauties crossing the fields to greet him, casts aside his armor piece by piece. Cirien Marie Silentwrath, now three years of age and the spitting image of her mother, Arahisie, runs through the fields of the De Montefort lands; giggling joyfully as her father rests upon bent knee with his arms wide open to receive the first hug from his daughter.

Baby fine strands of honey brown hair bounce upon small shoulders and dance in the wind, meadow grasses swaying stiffly in an attempt to tickle the young child's cheeks.

"My Cirien.." Severik laughs, scooping her up into his strong arms as he stands; spinning around thrice, holding her tight. Small fingers locate a lock of his hair and curl it around tight, her laughter sweet music to his ears. With a hand placed gently against the back of her tiny head, Severik's eyes meet Arah's; the love and pride radiating from his eyes outdoes the radiance of the bright summer sun.

"My beloved, she is perfect. Her mother's beauty and charm, her mother's eyes .. how could the good Lord bless such a lowly man as myself with two miracles?"

Severik, quite the gentleman, is completely different around these two than he is in the field, as any man would be. Tender and caring, a wonderful provider - vicious and precise, skilled with weapons in the field.

Setting Cirien against his hip, his right arm snakes around Arah's small waist and pulls her tight against his body. He'd meant to do this three years ago, but the war pulled him away. He'd wait no longer.

"Marry me. Make me the happiest man ever to breathe. Complete the missing pieces in my life and say you'll be my wife."

His voice quiet, his eyes lost in the depths of the deep emerald pools of her eyes, his breath now held.

Arah's hand, small compared to his, caresses his cheekbone with a featherlight touch. Tears brim her sparkling eyes and her words get caught in her throat, causing her response to be delayed by a long few seconds. His hold upon her tightens, his nervousness grows then she finally nods and throws her arms around their daughter and his neck.

"Yes. YES! Nothing would make me happier and more honored, m'love." Her tears trickle freely down her delicate cheeks and Severik's close tight; yes, even he weeps. A confused Cirien wedges her bitty hand under her father's chin and turns his head so he'll look at her.

"Why ams you cryin', daddy?" Such sweet innocence, caring and worried as to why her daddy would be crying. Severik just laughs, then covers her cherub-chubby cheeks in kisses.

While the happy trio was busy celebrating renewed joys and newfound happiness, there was another present, lurking in the thick summer trees nearby. A large, calloused hand curls into a tight fist, causing the knuckles to burn pure white and his muscular body to shake with barely controlled rage.

Spit drools from the corner of his mouth as he seethes behind the trees. It takes every ounce of willpower he has to refrain from just rushing out with his sword drawn and hacking them all to pieces. Dark eyes narrow to dangerous slits and his mind begins working overtime with various ways to extract his revenge.

Slowly and quietly, he slinks away to begin planning his strategy in ridding the world of Sir Severik Silentwrath for good and making Arahisie his once and for all.
Jayne
Viscount
Lucinda Darke
Nixlya Silkire
Apple/Faedre
Inessa Deathsong
Kaitlyn

Post by Jayne »

A Confrontation
Author: Jayson Marsh
Date: 24 June 2003

His neck itched. The space that should have, naturally, been covered in scars, burned. The memories flashed back to the forty-two year old man as he hurried down the street. The barre troll, Thohg, returning suddenly, unexpectedly. The massive hands that wrapped easily around his body. The ugly, angry grimace.

"Baylen!" Thohg had yelled. A punch had shattered Baylen's jaw, smashed his tongue to jelly. Unable to talk, he merely watched, annoyed. "Today, Thohg free!"

And then the troll had bitten his head off. He remembered the cold limbo he'd floated in for weeks before the goddess, Splendorous, had found the time to resurrect him, give his flesh solidity again.

Several months later, now, Baylen Elias found himself in Drache. He'd finally found his errant daughter, Maria (who he had discovered was travelling under the name Chani; the poor dolts at the theater company hadn't even bothered to ask who he was and why he was looking for her), and, in a stroke of bad luck, found that she'd been living with the blissfully ignorant troll he'd had the pleasure of having his head eaten by.

He stopped suddenly, aware of a presence before him. It was the girl, the blind one with the big dog. There it was, massive, beside her. Baylen made a mental note to himself to claim it as one of his minions when Maria/Chani was back under his thrall. "Good evening," the dark-haired lass said quietly. She couldn't have been more than seventeen, but Baylen felt a strange... power coming from her. The dog, too, had the same aura about him.

Then it hit him: she was one of the Protected. Splendor had mentioned that one of the other gods, Orion (better known among the ranks as Angelus), had several mortals in this dimension under his protection. Apparently Baylen's luck was worse than he expected. If he harmed either of these, he'd have to deal with Splendor's lecture about damaging the Protected. She had told him that Maria/Chani was one of these, but that because she was of his blood he could not be persecuted for any damage, Protected or no.

"Good evening," he hissed, striding towards the girl quickly. "Maybe for you. Now, get out of my way, miss, I've got business."

"Business that no doubt involves me in some way. We must surely talk, sir," she said, smiling slightly.

"Then talk."

"But there's another party that should be present first."

He felt the hulking figure behind him more than heard or smelt the troll. The troll's aura was unmistakably to him. Thohg was surely there behind him. Great. No lane of escape now. A massive dog that could easily tear him to pieces before him, and an even more massive creature behind him that had good reason to. He noted to himself that Thohg was one of the Protected as well. Damn Orion for having such interest in this plane.

"Underlord Slaver Baylen Elias," came Thohg's deep rumble behind him, using Baylen's full title.
"Hello, my old brutish comrade," Baylen muttered. His luck was not just bad: it was abysmal. "Come to eat my skull again?"

"No," said the girl, Ayame. "We've come to warn you. Thohg and I are the peaceful sort, after all. Stay away from Chani."

Baylen turned around to face the troll. "So, then, you know who Maria is, then, do you? And you haven't banished her from your home yet?"

"Thohg know all along, Baylen. Thohg know everything about girls Thohg live with." The troll grinned, tapping the side of his head with a sausage-like finger. "Thohg not as stupid as you always thought."

"Yes, well, you're still stuttering around like an idiot, aren't you? Brutish beast."

"I'll not have you insulting my headman," Ayame said from behind him. "It's bad enough that you're stalking my accountant, but this is too much. We don't take insults lightly, and it's been a while since I fed Angelo here." She smiled again, scratching between the huge dog's ears. She didn't have to reach down, his shoulders were level with hers. Instead, she had to reach -up- to reach the top of his head.

"Well of course, -my lady-. Whatever was I thinking?"

"Warning still stands.Thohg not forget what you do to Thohg in past. Not eat skull again, but make plenty hurt. Thohg talk to Splendor, she say she tired of always bring you back. Not do again."

"Stay away from Maria, right?" Baylen said, turning back to the girl.

"Stay away from Chani," Ayame corrected him, "Or you'll find that we're not as peaceful as we pretend to be." Thohg strode past Baylen, past Ayame. As he did, the girl and the dog turned to go with him.

Baylen shook his head. His luck was not just abysmal, it was downright shitty. Not only was his errant daughter a Protected, but she lived with four more, two of which could kill Baylen without a second thought. Of course, Thohg was lying about speaking with Splendor, she didn't socialize with traitors like him. And the girl had lied about the dog; Angelo was obviously very well fed. Everyone lying to protect Maria/Chani.

With a small chuckle, he turned and headed back to the inn in which he was staying. Maria/Chani would return to him, eventually, no matter how many people tried to stand in his way. Even that little adventurer girl who'd so boldly lied to him that previous afternoon would not stop him, dangerous as she probably was.
Jayne
Viscount
Lucinda Darke
Nixlya Silkire
Apple/Faedre
Inessa Deathsong
Kaitlyn

Post by Jayne »

Wayland's Haven: Equine Retreat
Author: Jack Allen
Date 24 June 2003

Wayland Stone climbed off his horse and smiled at it, patting the beast's neck lightly, "good job Nemo, you did great." The horse whinnied before trotting off to the stables. Wayland sighed a bit, he hated to have to give Nemo up, he'd grown attached to the magnificent animal ever since the King's couriers brought him. Naturally Nemo was just Tip's nickname for the horse, it's real name was Horrodin, but Tip always nicknamed the horses he trained. He smiled as a few stable boys brought out his next appointment, a rather antsy tempered night stallion by the name of Infernus. Wayland took the rope tied to the animal's hackamore and waved the boys off as he looked into the fiery eye of the night stallion. "well now, you are bad tempered aren't you?" Infernus ceased his screaming and pulling, his ears pricking forward to better hear Wayland. "I don't think you hate people, I think you just don't know the good ones" Wayland spoke softly in the night stallion's language, the reason why he was such a good trainer.

Tip had been born with the ability to talk to equines, though he never told others of his gift. It made the horses trust him a bit more, a man who could speak their language must have a deep love for their kind which meant he wasn't going to hurt them. Infernus started to pull at the rope again, wanting none of it but Wayland held it with a strong hand, "calm down mate, I'm not going to hurt you. I just want to talk for a bit, is that ok?" The night stallion ceased pulling, giving in enough to utter, "just talk? no tricks?" Tipper smiled and nodded, "no tricks." Infernus looked around to see if there were any other horses or people around, but Wayland made sure there weren't since he didn't want to give himself away. Once the night stallion was happy it looked at Wayland, "you speak my language, how?" Tip smiled,"I was born with the gift, and a love for horses" Infernus snorted, "if you loved horses, you would let me go right now so I could be free" Wayland sighed, "yes, I would...but the man who caught you wants to ride you, and he checked out as a decent man. but I'll make a deal with you, if I can't get you to trust me in two weeks, I'll set you free. is that alright with you?" The night stallion thought about that for a moment before nodding in agreement, "yes. two weeks, no more."

Tip nodded and led Infernus back to the stables, making sure he was comfortable in his stall before getting his next appointment. It went on like this for days and days, spending as much time with each animal as it needed before moving on. He didn't mind really, he loved spending time with the horses though it was hard to give them up once he finished training them. Wayland moved to the side of the corral to watch a foal run but one of the employee's ran up to him, "Tip!! we just received word that the King is coming to oversee the training of his horses! that means he's going to be staying here!" Marie always had a habit of freaking out at the most trivial things. Tip sighed, "so what's the problem? the King is coming here, it's not like we can't feed the man. he is a man, after all, just like the rest of us. except you of course." he grinned.

Marie shook her head, "but he isn't just a man, he's the bloody King of Arangoth! if he doesn't like it here he could shut us down with a gesture!" Tip smiled, "what's not to like?" then he walked away, leaving Marie to chew her nails and run off to the house to start the preparations. Wayland climbed into the saddle of his next appointment, considering the next few days that would come, "so, the King is coming to Haven.." he smiled and gently kicked his mount, riding it around the corral.
Jayne
Viscount
Lucinda Darke
Nixlya Silkire
Apple/Faedre
Inessa Deathsong
Kaitlyn

Post by Jayne »

Retrospect- The Journey to Hell . . . III
Author: Lil Smidget
Date: 28 June 2003

"Take excellent care of her, Jacob." Jerich bid his childhood friend as he tapped the ass-end of the horse ahead of the carriage, sending the small traveling party on its way. Jacob merely nodded, then snapped the reins and brought the horse up to a leisurely trot. They would travel by country roads for three days and three nights to reach the city port of Travaynia; the nearest port to the Hambry of Dygwyn. Each night, before sundown, the three would spend the night at pre-determined destinations; bunking with the families of the fellow militia comrades of Jerich and Severik. They'd be safe and again, appearances must be upkept. From the port, they would board the Majestic Angel and travel by sea for two months in order to arrive at the borders of Arangoth; more specifically, the seaport of Drache.

The weather was delightful for most of the trip. They'd only encountered two fierce storms but the crew of the ship had known what to watch for in the skies; so they managed to narrowly avoid them. That's not to say that they didn't encounter heavy rains, strong gail force winds and such; but the crew knew their stuff and no one was worse for the wear when they reached their final destination.

It was a chilly day in the month known to Arangothian's as *"Hearthfire" or *"Sarmatgentat" in their native tongue. Translated into plain english for those who are not fluent in the language, it was simply September. To add the excitement and fears of entering a new and strange land, they happened to arrive exactly on the first; just in time to learn one of the many traditions native to the peoples of the lands. Fearing that the city was engulfed in flames when noticing plumes of grey-ish black smoke wafting into the air from numerous locations, Jacob quickly stopped a local passing by and inquired.

It is then that the trio learned of *Genthest (pronounced Gent-hest), or Bonfire Day, which takes place on the first of each September. The kind gentleman went on to inform them that fires are burned, and human effigies made of branches or sacks are thrown on the fires. This is supposed to invite malevolent beings to accept the "death" of the effigy in lieu of causing any actual persons to die during the following season. He went so far as to extending an invitation to the three to join in the celebration; but they declined, explaining that they were still getting their land legs back after being at sea for the past few months.

As they continued to move further in towards the more populated areas of Drache, Arah noticed how the leaves on the trees were beginning to show their glorious vibrant colors as they slowly succumbed to their own winterlong slumber. Brilliant reds, bright yellows, deep oranges and chocolatey browns all mixed and matched to give any painter an exquisite beauty to capture forever upon his canvas. The wind brought the scent of the coming winter to the sensitive noses of the peoples enjoying the crisp afternoon as the sun slowly sets in the horizon; its rays stretching for miles upon miles against a dark blue-grey sky.

Arahisie immediately fell in love with the city. Its nearness to the sea and the Darian River, its peoples, its coziness. Fortunately, she has yet to see the seedier or more violent side of Arangoth's society. Considering she is of wealth, she more than likely wouldn't see too much of that - not yet at least.

While she and Sarah pointed here and there, giggled and window shopped, Jacob went about the task of getting another horse and carriage.

"M'ladies.." He sweeps a grand bow to the two as the door to the carriage is opened, allowing both to enter and get out of the chilled wind. His bow, so unlike him, made the two giggle again and dip deep curtseying in return before settling inside. Once again behind the reins, they are off on another trot; leaving the Black Dragon District to make their way up the Market Street, through the *Market Square and on to *Transdariania.

Their trip through the Market Square was slowed by the crowds, hustling and bustling about; doing their daily tasks and chores, shopping for the evening meals, trading. Minstrels and other performers worked the crowds for their daily bread, while philosophers and prophets of strange religions sought to recruit new followers from the crowds. Eventually all came to a stop when some street toughs knocked over a few vendor carts, scattering vegetables and wares all over the cobblestone streets. Horses reared and whinnied, men raised fists and shouted at the urchins, others gave chase to attempt to apprehend the slowest; whom still managed to dodge the reaching hands and ran off - their arms full of stolen goods.

During all this excitement, Arah and Sarah were busy peeking out a curtained window of the carriage, seeing the sights and commenting on which shoppes they plan to hit first. Finally, when the spectators dispersed and the carriage was once again allowed to continue, it was on to Transdariania. The scenery changed from that of a virtual cesspool to that of sprawling fields, the horizon dotted with farms and grazing animals. Soon, the carriage turns off the main road and heads up the trail, coming to a halt near a quaint cottage set on fifteen acres of land. A friend of Jacob's rents this parcel out, and after Jacob sent word by messenger about the situation, he was more than happy to allow the three rent it.

Granted, once inside, it wasn't the lavish, richly decorated home that Arahisie was use to growing up; but it had such country charm! It was inviting and warm, comforting and cozy; everything that large estate homes and mansions are not. She got use to living here rather quickly and commented many-a-time as to how she would love to live in the area for the rest of her life.

The months passed, the seasons changed and the three quickly fit in well with the locals. As Arahisie's belly grew, Jacob's role changed from that of a quiet protector to pretending to be Arah's husband, saving Arahisie from being shunned and ridiculed. She was grateful for Jacob; they'd known each other since Arah was around three years of age so posing as a wedded couple in public wasn't difficult to do.

Finally, after twenty-six gruelling hours of labor, Cirien entered the world; overwhelming Arahisie with a love she never dreamed possible. Tiny and perfect, she had all ten fingers and ten toes; an adorable button nose and a head full of beautiful, baby-fine jet black hair. Sarah acted as mid-wife and aided in the delivery whilst Jacob paced nervously outside of the closed bedroom door like an expectant father.

For the next three years, as the war waged on back home in Dygwyn, the foursome continued to live life day to day in Transdariania. When word that the war had ended in victory had reached Jacob, he rushed in to scoop Cirien into his arms and dance around; singing about the victory to the wee lass while Arahisie and Sarah wept in joy. Assured that Severik had survived and would arrive in two months time at Drache's port, they spent the next two months preparing for his arrival. Cirien had been told all about her father since birth and Jacob even sketched images of Severik from memory so the child wouldn't be too shy upon first meeting her father.

Thus brings this retrospect, a Journey Into Hell, up to being nearly current day in their lives. Unknown to all of them, another secured passage and followed Severik to Drache; knowing he was going to find Arahisie. Tears were shed, both of joy and of loss, for when later that night that Severik proposed to Arah; she was informed of the loss of her father. Killed in battle when he took a sword meant to spear Severik from behind.

He'd waited three long years to hold her again, to make love to her. They made passionate love long into the night, drifting off to sleep in each other's arms when dawn began to break. Jacob, Sarah, and Cirien enjoyed the day shopping and having lunch at the Black Dragon Inn; allowing the young couple to sleep away the day.

They were wed half a year later and as a wedding gift, their friend whom had rented his cottage and land to them, gave it to them; so that they may begin another chapter in their fairytale life without worry. Never far behind was Cerrach Kao, stalking the couple from afar and biding his time while laying plans for Severik's ultimate demise. Slowly, his madness continues to get worse; and the trail of six year old bodies he's left in his wake totals seven. Five in Dygwyn, two in Drache upon his first few months in the foreign land. His spree would continue, and he will not stop until he has rid Arahisie of those who mean the most to her in her life.

With Cirien beginning school in the fall, Arahisie took a job with the school as an aide to the wonderful teacher who was so patient with the children. Severik laid his swords to rest, giving up the life of a soldier to till the fields and tend to the lands. They'd go back home to Dygwyn for a short time, to close out their father's estate, sell the house and lands, and eventually return to Drache to live out the rest of their lives. Jerich would join them as well; hired on to help Severik with the daily rituals of farming.

Their lives were picture perfect and this drove Cerrach even more mad. Severik has the woman Cerrach has 'owned' in his own mind since first laying his eyes upon her. Severik has the child that should have been created from Cerrach's own seed and Severik has the life that should be Cerrach's. Severik will die and he will be made to suffer horribly before he finally passes. Cerrach would see to it personally.
Jayne
Viscount
Lucinda Darke
Nixlya Silkire
Apple/Faedre
Inessa Deathsong
Kaitlyn

Re: June 2003 - Mail Archives

Post by Jayne »

One citizen's complaints.
Author: Matt B.
Date: 28 June 2003

*There's a note that's been left at the Guardhouse, on the captain's desk. Mun was told to send this to the main list rather than the guard one.*

It's been awhile since I've seen the Guard do much of anything... but then again, I'm rather cynical, and fairly drunk most of the time, so I don't notice a lot.

However, I'm aware that most of them must be masochists to join the Guard, as the amount of demons, vampires, drow, and idiots in general is very high. Though I doubt this is true, I'd like to say that most of the Guards do their jobs.

However, it has come to my attention that there is one who seems to be... derelict in his duties as a Guard. Leon De'Graunce. I'm not sure if his name is spelled correctly there, because I haven't seen it in writing.

Just... oh, half an hour ago, I was in the BDI, with my insulting patrons for various reasons, and I noted with interest a demon, and his rather sluttily-attired bride-to-be. Of course, I said something smart-ass, though I don't remember it now. However, I do remember his threatening to send me to Hell, or such. I recall pointing out that there was a demon in the inn, and that Leon should do his job to get rid of it. I'm aware of the 'kill on sight' law in Drache, even though it's relaxed a bit. Something saying that he would watch the demon or something, I could deal with.

But Leon quite bluntly told me to shut the fuck up. Now, I'd think that the Guard could treat citizens with at least the slightest bit of respect, but apparently not. Especially since afterwards, I seem to recall him saying that it was unfortunate that someone couldn't kill me and my drinking partner at the time, Legionia Foaroita. This sort of behavior seems completely out of line with what small bit I've seen from the other guards, and what I'd expect. Coldness, maybe, but not outright rudeness and disrespect for a citizen of Drache.

I'm reasonably certain -- though I cannot prove this -- that he's acted quite rudely towards other citizens of Drache as well, and is quite friendly with a certain Lay Trayin, who I've heard is to have a bounty placed on her soon enough, and has earned the dislike of most of the other Guards.

I'm not sure what should be done about him, but in my opinion, and the opinion of many others, something should be done.

~ Llenaen Ilsidorae
Jayne
Viscount
Lucinda Darke
Nixlya Silkire
Apple/Faedre
Inessa Deathsong
Kaitlyn

Post by Jayne »

Suffer not...
Author: Brandi
Date: 30 June 2003

The small empath lay in her bed sound asleep the covers brought up around her as she tossed and turned with in the grips of her nightmare. Visions of her past were floating before her eyes with a vivid clarity may haps only cursed to those with awakened minds.

The dream fades in and she see's herself that day. The smile on her young face as she walked to her parents house to celebrate her youngest sister's 45 day of life. How she stopped and talked to many of her friends she knew as they asked after her husband and if she was going to have a child yet. Such happy times in the small village of her youth. Where all knew you by name and thoughts of war and violence were never given credence.

The youth walked in to the small hut seeing all was prepared and greeted her family with warm hugs and kisses to there cheeks. And that is when the horn sounded and the screams began. The thundering impact of hoofs upon the solid earth made the noise worthy of the worse thunderstorms. Mad panic griped every one who ran out of there huts with there simple weapons. They were farmers not fighters how ever and had little chance.

Visions of her people running to safety filled her mind and she cried out softly in her slumber. The remembrance of how she and her mother tried to save the wounded regardless of what it was doing to her. She remembered the pain and the flood of emotions that she could hardly handle. Only force of will and her fear kept her moving in the small hut.

With a slam and the sending of sparks and smoke the human kicked down the door. A wave of them came flooding in grabbing the women and slapping them as they tried to fight. She could hear her sisters and mother screaming as they were raped and beaten. She remembered the rough hands of the human who ripped off her dress and had his way with her not caring for the blood that was on her face.

She was crying now in her sleep tossing and turning badly. The slim covers of her bed all but binding her to it given the knots they were made in to. In her dream she turned to see her mother punch the man who took her and how cruelly he thrust a dagger in-between her ribs. Another looks showed her little sister laying limp on the ground her head laying at a funny angel and her eyes sightless.

Rope was tied about her hands and she was pulled to her feet that could hardly support her. The evil kiss of a whip was felt dancing along her body as she was ordered to walk and move quickly to where they were enslaving her village. Where was Sari? Was he dead? The rest of her family where were they?

The sheen of sweat covered the sleeping girls face as she panted in the cool night air. The dream continued with out pause nor care of what it was doing to the sleeping girls mind. The thundering of a horse was coming up behind them. She was grabbed and slung over it even as the human that was leading and whipping her fell over clutching an arrow to the chest. Saris murmured words let her know she was safe and they were going to get away. But as she looked up to her burning village once more he saw her father's decapitated head rolling towards the fire.

With a scream the small elf sat up trembling and fighting the covers off her. Tears flowed down her face still as she balled up rocking trying in vain to shake the dream. She knew what caused this horrid night. The slaver Wildsea's arrival at the inn with his slave. Some how some way she had to live up to her vow.. "Suffer not a slaver live among you."