July 2003 - Mail Archives

Coordination and information for the various volunteers of BDI.
Jayne
Viscount
Preferred Title: Nymphadora
Characters: [Main Characters]
Lucinda Darke
Nixlya Silkire
Apple/Faedre
Inessa Deathsong
Kaitlyn

Re: July 2003 - Mail Archives

Post by Jayne »

Good-bye. The End of a Legacy ... Letters (To Stygian)
Author: Kel Russell
Date: 23 July 2003

Several letters were delivered to different people one misty summer morning. The messenger looked quite sombre while passing the parchment on.

To Stygian:

Styggy,
I know this might come as a shock, but I will not be returning to the BlkDragon. Enclosed is your wife's ring which I never got to return in person. I thank you and your wife for the use of it, and for all the things you have done for me.

You never got the chance to study me like I said you could, but I feel like I have lived this life to the fullest that I could. I was able to help so many people, experience pain and loss, love and friendship. There is nothing left for me.

I had planned to take my Hour within the BlkDragon, but I don't know if I'll be able to now. I may or may not be alive when you read this... and there will be nothing left of me to resurrect. I remember how you killed me last time. How it angered Kylus.

Continue to flee the priests that would Turn you.

I leave to you, my basement full of treasures. Included with this letter is a complex spell which I know you can cast that will remove the wards resting upon the entrance to my basement. Inside you will find religious relics, artifacts, tapestries, paintings, weapons, armour, gems, gold, jewels, scepters, and other such items one might find in a dragon's horde. Do with them what you will. Be especially careful with the human-sized statue of Ilmater. It has special meaning.

I am glad to have been a Professor at the Royal University, Stygian. It was a pleasure to have nearly squeezed you into dust when insane with the Blight. Those memories will always live, as long as you do not forget them.

Try not to fight with Kylus too much when he comes back. If you do, just remember when I scolded you. Remember that you and Kylus were the closest things to family I have ever had.

Please return this holy symbol to Kylus when he returns. I had told him I would return it, but alas ... I will be unable. I'm sorry.

Yes, this is a copy of the Tome of Menxruk. It is marred, but the missing page is shoved into the book where it should go. Do what you want with it. I had kept it in the Beastlands.

Until you finally meet death in the eyes, Stygian. I guess I'll never know your decision.

-Quill

*enclosed is a ring, a large book, and a platinum holy symbol emblazoned with the dragon of Paladine.*
Jayne
Viscount
Lucinda Darke
Nixlya Silkire
Apple/Faedre
Inessa Deathsong
Kaitlyn

Post by Jayne »

Good-bye. The End of a Legacy ... Letters (to Kylus)

To Kylus:

Kylus,

I'm sorry I won't be able to give your holy symbol back like I'd promised. I'm sorry I was never able to help you with the Tome. I seemed to have made it worse.

When you return, I will most likely be a moonbeam somewhere. Please try not to fight with Stygian very often. If you do, just remember my scathing words to you both. You are both family to me and I will miss you greatly.

Given to Stygian is your holy symbol and the other copy of the Tome of Menxruk. Yes, I kept it and read it often, even though it is still committed to memory. Don't hate Stygian for killing me to bring me back in order to rid me of the curse of the Tome you wanted me to transcribe. Don't hate him for curing me, Kylus. Set aside your dogma just for Stygian, at the request of a dead lillend.

Don't forget me, nor the scars I bore when I passed through the Seal.

Don't forget me, even though you were Blighted. It wasn't your fault you did the things you did. I wore your holy symbol until the last day of my life, Kylus.

Don't forget me.

-Quill
Jayne
Viscount
Lucinda Darke
Nixlya Silkire
Apple/Faedre
Inessa Deathsong
Kaitlyn

Post by Jayne »

Good-bye. The End of a Legacy ... Letters (to Corran)

Corran,

To you, I leave my mansion and all its 14 rooms. You may move into the room I once frequented if you wish. Just disregard the cushions in the corner. That was my bed, as my lillend form couldn't fit comfortably into a bed as what you sleep in.

Don't worry about paying for anything. The house is paid for. You may work at the bakery that I passed onto Solstice. She will pay you wages as I did for her once.

Do not mourn my passing. I have lived a long and happy life.

-Quill
Jayne
Viscount
Lucinda Darke
Nixlya Silkire
Apple/Faedre
Inessa Deathsong
Kaitlyn

Post by Jayne »

Good-bye. The End of a Legacy ... Letters (to Resque)

To Resque:

Tai-Pan,

I didn't get to see you often in my last months of living. That doesn't bother me too much, I know you're busy with various ... endeavors. I forgive you.

I don't hate you for swindling the Tome away from me. I only hope you didn't do anything stupid with it.

I don't expect you to miss me, but a passing thought once in awhile would be nice. I consider you a close friend, though the feelings might not be returned.

If you're looking to buy artifacts that are countless centuries old, seek out Stygian.

-Quill
Jayne
Viscount
Lucinda Darke
Nixlya Silkire
Apple/Faedre
Inessa Deathsong
Kaitlyn

Post by Jayne »

Good-bye. The End of a Legacy ... Letters (to Jald Fohan)

To Jald Fohan:

Jald Fohan,

I wanted to thank you for saving my life when I was inflicted with the curse from the Tome. I never got to thank you as much as I'd wanted to when you loaned me that weapon of yours.

You will always be the stalwart bouncer of the blkDragon.

-Quill
Jayne
Viscount
Lucinda Darke
Nixlya Silkire
Apple/Faedre
Inessa Deathsong
Kaitlyn

Post by Jayne »

Good-bye. The End of a Legacy ... Letters (to Ketara)

To Ketara:

Ket,

I'm sorry for what happened, but I'm afraid that this life is over for me. I hope you will never forget me. No matter the form I took.

-Quill
Jayne
Viscount
Lucinda Darke
Nixlya Silkire
Apple/Faedre
Inessa Deathsong
Kaitlyn

Post by Jayne »

Imperial Ball; August 10th (Sunday)
Author: Dave Dubya Eddings

(The following is delivered to the patrons of the House of the Silver Swan,
several prominent gentle and mercantile houses of Drache, the Royal
University, and the Chancellery. Except for the Alesian terms, which have
been translated to the Arangothian alphabet, the invitations are written in
common.)

"Drostok and Vastok (Lords and Ladies)"

Upon Broxhest, 10 Broxkakat (Sunday, August 10th) by the Arangothian reckoning, it is the pleasure of the Hithos Vedon Galothen, head of the Imperial Legation of Drache, to announce a celebration to be held in honor of the completion of the construction of the Alesian consulate in Drache, on the Merchant's square where Alesian varniok (legionnaires) aided in casting back the tides of the undead a year ago and, more recently, in the reconstruction of the square.

The festivities will include an exhibition of Alesian arms in the form of parade drill in the courtyard, an unarmed prize fight for the speculative (gambling) pleasure of the attendance, and then a feast in the courtyard itself, weather permitting, as well as a band that will place dancing music.

It is the sincere hope of the Alesian Imperium that our friends in Drache will turn out for the festivities. The gates of the legation will be open at 8:00pm (EST) for the commencement of festivities."
Jayne
Viscount
Lucinda Darke
Nixlya Silkire
Apple/Faedre
Inessa Deathsong
Kaitlyn

Post by Jayne »

A letter to the Regency Council
Author: Jonny Crash
Date: 24 July 2003

Dear Council members,

I write to you regarding the matter of Miss. Aridia Vlorress. Her outstanding virtue and integrity, not to mention patience has impressed upon me the desire to bring to light her good deeds that I have been witness to. It is my hope that the Council will take this evidence into account when evaluating her application for citizenship. I am aware that the Council's time is very valuable and thus will I make haste while providing a thorough report.

First and foremost is the events of yesterday where within the inn of the Black Dragon I witnessed Miss. Vlorress defend the wellbeing of a young woman by the name of Erin Corban. The girl was being threatened by her abusive and spiteful father and was about to be carried off against her will. I will take this time to remind the Council that slavery is outlawed in these lands and such abuse is worthy of reporting to the guards. With no such authorities apparently at hand and feeling I must try and defend the girl's right to exist without pain, I stepped into the fray. Sadly I am but a young and humble Acolyte and at the time would not have been of much assistance, instead drawing myself into the threats of the parent. I fear things might have become much worse if not for the intervention of Miss. Vlorress.

Her swift and bold interception made the man cower and stand down. Not only was the girl and I safe, but Miss. Vlorress had won a fight that had never taken place. No weapons used, no blood spilled, a quick and painless resolution to a very difficult scenario. This selfless defense of total strangers coupled with her apparent lack of need for thanks of any kind separated her from the masses of patrons whose total usefulness in this event was to sit and watch. As if this wasn't enough Miss. Vlorress proved her chivalry a second time when the same man came back with threats for his daughter. As the domestic disturbance escalated, Young Erin Corban tried to stand up to her father in the form of attempting to push him out of the inn. I feel it of importance to note that the father in question looked to weight in around 250-90.

Up until this point Miss. Vlorress had maintained a calm if not firm demeanor with the man and his remarks, but when Erin tried to push her father out in a show of young bravery, it was Miss. Vlorress who choose this time -not- to support the assault but to try and rescue the girl from a 250 pound angry man. This alone shows that she wanted peace over conflict. The chain of events were lightning fast and before she could help the girl, the father grabbed his daughter's wrist and broke it. In a nearly single swift motion, Miss. Vlorress moved the girl from harms way and neutralized the enraged man with a single non-lethal punch. If Miss. Aridia Vlorress is indeed as formidable on the battlefield as I hear she is, there is little doubt she had the capacity to use deadly force, yet she did not.

The action was an apparently necessary step taken to ensure the man would learn through pain and back away. With such restraint and control, and the regard for human life... to find such traits in a soldier and guard may be rare enough in a public setting, Miss. Vlorress has neither title and was still willing to help keep the peace.

As a man of faith I see blessings in everyday life. Some may not see these blessings or take them for granted, others see a blessing as more of a curse. I would ask that the Council open their hearts so that they may see Miss. Vlorress as not cursed but blessed. A flesh and blood woman who is blessed with the desire to do good for the people of this kingdom and who asks for nothing in return save the equality guaranteed by citizenship. She wants to be accepted because this is her home... this is where her friends and loved ones reside... and I think I speak for many when I say that any kingdom would be richer for having acknowledged her rights as a citizen and proud that such a loyal and compassionate guardian walks their streets, severing as a shining example to others and preserving the morals and virtues that make this kingdom great.

I pray you make a wise and informed choice for freedom rests on your shoulders.

With hope,
Brother Jerianis Chosen of the Shield of Faith
Jayne
Viscount
Lucinda Darke
Nixlya Silkire
Apple/Faedre
Inessa Deathsong
Kaitlyn

Post by Jayne »

to the royal guard of drache from Aridia Vlorress
Author: Aridia
Date: 26 July 2003

Aridia sits in her cave and makeshift camp writing by firelight as tears fall once in awhile marring the edges of the page she writes on. When she finishes she makes her way to drop off her letter at the guardhouse then heads back out to learn what she can. Included with the letter are several vials of green looking goo tied together with a paper wrapped around it with a skull and crossbones on it.

To Whom It may concern

I am writing this in hopes that what i learn can help to fight this terrible mist and destroy what makes it and the creatures. Blow is a list of what i have learned of it so far.

1. Majics do nothing to stop it unless used to destroy creatures created. Watch for spines they may cast off as they infect people and make them want to join the mist and become zombie like creatures as well.

2. There is no known cure as yet for the infection though i enclose some of what makes the infection in hopes healers and clerics may find a cure. Wounds can be healed with herbs and rune healing only , magic has no effect.

3. The mist seems to hover mostly over mine and my husbands lands several miles outside Drache. (map drawn on the bottom of page with directions).

4. Nothing seems to affect the mist at all and i can find nothing attached to the mist to lead elsewhere.20

5. What seems to be parts of the mist breaks off and roams freely claiming more victims as i note from the additional corpses rotting under the mist on my lands.

I will continue to observe and do what i can to stop this mist and its creatures. I regret to inform the guard as well that one i know named Kurai has been taken by the mist.

Sincerely

Aridia Vlorress
Jayne
Viscount
Lucinda Darke
Nixlya Silkire
Apple/Faedre
Inessa Deathsong
Kaitlyn

Post by Jayne »

A letter to the captain of the Royal Guard
Author: P. Sh.
Date: 29 July 2003

Unto captain Lucius von Stahl

Vorfon, I have only recently found myself within the boundaries of this fair city called Drache, but already have I become the unwilling participant in a street-fight. I know not whether this is punishable by Arangothian law, for I have to admit, I acted not in my self-defence, but in the defence of another.

I was enjoying a drink at the local inn, when a young boy (insert description of one 13-year old human male by the name of Shendes), threatened another creature(insert description of a cat-like humanoid) with torture and death. The pair soon left, the creature pursued by the boy and I felt compelled to provide assistance to the obvious victim. Luckily, I managed to convince the boy into discontinuing the hostilities, upon which he took flight.

Further, I wish to apply for a Bounty Hunter license, for, from what I've heard, it seems such a job would be both morally and economically gratifying. I know not whether my lack of citizenship would be a problem, but I am probably applying for one as you're reading this, so it is my hope that you take my application to mind.

Renhsi