October 2003 - Mail Archives

Coordination and information for the various volunteers of BDI.
Jayne
Viscount
Preferred Title: Nymphadora
Characters: [Main Characters]
Lucinda Darke
Nixlya Silkire
Apple/Faedre
Inessa Deathsong
Kaitlyn

Re: October 2003 - Mail Archives

Post by Jayne »

The Humble Priest
Author: Kel Russell
Date: 28 October 2003

Sunlight streamed through the tiny window in the kitchen of the one-story cabin-type building. The small kitchen consisted of a table big enough for two people, a bit of counter space, and a wood-burning stove. A young woman tended to a pot of something at this stove while someone else entered the room.

Paetines, everyone's favourite Priest, tottered into the kitchen, helped along by his cane, a pipe held in his other gnarled hand. He's quite elderly, about in his 60s or so, wearing a plain robe. Paetines was a humble priest.

Sitting down to breakfast, the young woman sets before him a bowl of hot, plain porridge and a wooden cup of tea. For Paetines was a very humble Priest. Bowing his head, Paetines prayed in thanks for the food. He stayed this way for two hours while the young woman went about cleaning up the house.

After staying that way for those two hours, the young woman roused the Priest, for he had fallen asleep at the table. "Dear, your porridge is sufficiently cold." She smiled as he patted her hand and she went about her business, leaving the old man to eat his cold breakfast. Paetines preferred it cold, as some people didn't get to eat hot food. Paetines was a charitable Priest.

It took him another two hours to eat his bowl of plain porridge and drink his wooden cup of tea. This is because he savoured each bite of the porridge and each sip of the tea. The young woman didn't mind, for Paetines was such a loving Priest.

After breakfast, the woman cleared away the bowl and cup, bringing the old Priest his tabac. He only had one luxury, and that was his pipe and tabac. He stuffed the pipe carefully, for Paetines was not a wasteful Priest. The woman lit the pipe for him and he leaned back, relaxing in the plain wooden chair.

"What are you going to do today, dear?" the woman asked, cleaning up the breakfast dishes.

"I was going to go to the church today, I think." He puffed on his pipe, thinking about his day ahead. Paetines was a resourceful priest. "Then I thought I would try to show Orwell the wrongness of the way of the drunkard, feed Woolly some demons, show Dulcina the new dress I found in the market. You know she dresses far too revealingly, my dear. And I thought I would teach Rantan some new words. Words less ... colourful." He drew on the pipe again. Paetines was a polite Priest, and very humble.

"Good day ahead of you, dear." The woman walked to him and planted a kiss on his cheek. He, in turn, kissed her cheek. The couple were quite loving, but not provocative. He was about two or three times her age, after all.

"Why, thank you, dear." Standing, the Priest hobbled out of the house to start his day of charitable deeds and haunting the inn. For Paetines, though humble, loved to haunt the BlkDragon Inn.
Jayne
Viscount
Preferred Title: Nymphadora
Characters: [Main Characters]
Lucinda Darke
Nixlya Silkire
Apple/Faedre
Inessa Deathsong
Kaitlyn

Re: October 2003 - Mail Archives

Post by Jayne »

To, Marcion ul-Fenduth Tagran Aldenbar
Author: Jax
Date: 30 October 2003

Dear Marcion

I hope this finds you well and happy, and perhaps with a baby or two I can coo over? If you're wondering who this might be, perhaps you remembered me in wrinkles and gray hair, confined to that horrible chair? And then again just before i left? Well, i'm back, ready to settle again, and perhaps do things right. Rumors have reached me that the Council seems to be floundering, but while rumors are informative, they're often incorrect. I would like to meet with you as soon as possible, if you please, and really won't take no, or perhaps later as an excuse. I know all the excuses Marcion, since i've used them before. Don't make me come uninvited. I'm currently staying within the Black Dragon Inn, though i hope to change that VERY soon. We'll talk more when we meet.

Lady Lorla Daranek