Support Volunteers

All out of character announcements and news about the channel and site.
Nymphetamine
Admin
Preferred Title: Marog the Destroyer
Characters: Aezra
Azalia Stygian
Eliya Almakira al-Fasaad
Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak

Support Volunteers

Post by Nymphetamine »

We're introducing a few support type positions in BDI, on the forums and Wiki, as well as in the IRC channels. If you want to help out the ops with various things, or just want to volunteer because you love us and want us to continue on for the next 17 years, here's some criteria and positions available.

Setting Nerd: This is a person who's recognized on the forums and in the channels as being a go to guy or gal for information regarding the in character world. You should be very familiar with the old site's layout, and know how or where to find the various information regarding obscure details. Knowing where to look in the mailing list archives for various topics is a huge plus. You'll be on hand to answer questions about the setting's past, or point people in the right direction to find expanded information on their topic.

You represent the channel, and are as visible as any of the operators. This position requires that you are patient, polite, and respectful.

Wiki Master: Technically, I guess the Wiki software would call this a Bureaucrat, but whatever, Wiki Master sounds more amazing. This position is for Wiki volunteers to help migrate content over from the old site to the Wiki itself. You'll be working on formatting entries properly, often times using a predetermined template. Namely, this is a lot of boring copying and pasting from one site, to the Wiki itself, and then going through to make sure it's organized in a certain way, with the formatting observed. It's a lot of crappy work to be done, but volunteers are needed, because there is a LOT of content that requires to be moved.

There will be more information on this in the next few weeks while we start hammering down the details of what needs to be done.

Storytellers: Want to run a story line to be utilized in character? We are always looking for submissions in this department! Guidelines are looser than they were in the past, allowing players a greater, freer rein on their own ideas. The ops would be more than happy to help you work something into the channel/forums, and will provide support in the form of topic changes, news updates, etc. The submission form is already on the main site, so feel free to use it if you have an idea.

Mapmakers: The maps we use in BDI is badly in need of updating! There are several countries that haven't made it onto the main map of Veth, and it would be awesome to get them on there. As well as a map that expands to some of the other nations, such as the Alesian Empire, Pentland, Bahija, Azaan, etc.
Custodat
Preferred Title: Lord of the Stapler

Re: Support Volunteers

Post by Custodat »

Well, I'm very new, but I've been devouring the site and history. The lore is so wide and expansive, it's almost like a novella in and of itself. Give me another week, maybe two, and I'll be (hopefully!) able to answer any questions. Aside from that, I am perfectly willing to help run/run any Storylines that get through the authorization process. I've done a fair bit of DM'ing with online and tabletop friends, and I like to think I'm decent at it. So, hit me up for either, once I've gotten a better chance to scout about.
"War. War never changes."
- FO:3
Nymphetamine
Admin
Preferred Title: Marog the Destroyer
Characters: Aezra
Azalia Stygian
Eliya Almakira al-Fasaad
Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak

Post by Nymphetamine »

Awesome, Custodat. Lemme know when you feel ready for taking on being poked and prodded for information by new players. I personally haven't gone through and read all of the countries that are listed on the site. I think someone did a count and it's about 30-35 different countries or races that people have submitted over the years.
Selestia
Esquire
Preferred Title: Red Headed Geek
Characters: Selestia
Caiomhe
Mekarie
Pryderi

Post by Selestia »

I'll get those maps made when the big storylines kick in so that I won't have to do them a second time. I believe Igor was going to make some that I was going to use for my OMFG-OCD detailed maps. ^_^
"Hell hath no fury like a dragon sworn."
Icis
Characters: Icis Hayen - Now known as Icis Tivaurd
Sannell Sky
Cinnamina
Kikuhito Pain

Post by Icis »

I love BDI! That is all.

Seriously though. New plots, events to get players involved, a steady stream of play to keep the inn lively, welcoming new ones with their character building. If there is anything you need doing, I am more than happy to get it done.

I will be honest. My greatest love and talent was getting new ones started. Helping them develop a character with the right backgrounds and settings but it still being their own design and ideas.
Karras
Setting Nerd
Preferred Title: Stoobi-Wun-Kanubi
Characters: Merrax
Xeran
Bakchost
Gethri

Post by Karras »

(X- posted)

I have a pretty darned good search engine and access to a lot of the BDI archives and the earlier Shoonaben from #gypsyscaravan (Secca, Griffon's Aerie, Leturia and Elvendeep early RP).

If anybody needs a topic searched related to the Wiki or on subjects on all works oflife, let me know, feel free to email me (if you know it, great, if you don't, send me a /msg in IRC).

Also I'll be happy to add moar Wiki stuff, help out with Griffon's Aerie, and update Secca and Leturia where required (though I think Wolfram is also working on that). If you guys want I could put up a brief rundown on the stuff I made up for the Seccan Navy.

Just putting this up there, yo.
Last edited by Karras on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
dayna
Preferred Title: dayna
Characters: dayna ,daynari, the twins mylin and milon

Post by dayna »

willing to help on settings and story lines and the beastary lists and any thing else. thanks.