The Devil's Tower

The Adventurer's Guild. Find quests, find heroes for quests. You need a dragon slayed? A witch dealt with? A curse broken? These people can help!
Riddy
Knight
Preferred Title: Riddy
Characters: Varatryx Elisvir, Drama, Day, Evening, Elapidae, Ikara Tivaurd, Malisha Redlain, Larissa Rook, Bambi Thanatira, Warner Valenti

The Devil's Tower

Post by Riddy »

Posted by The Honorable Drama Parkatire on 02.VIII.488

(Enclosed is a map of Transdariana, with a circled location - in the mountains, known to be empty and uninhabited. In theory.)

To whom it may concern,
With the recent death of my father, the infernal scientist Erelus Raeld, his tower, formerly obscured beneath multiple illusions and veils, has been found. The nature of his research and ties to the Nine Hells require that the site be cleansed. For this reason, I am personally hiring a party to perform the following tasks:

-Confirm the death of Erelus Raeld
-Cleanse his tower of unlawful demonic magic and research. Destroy his infernal devices. Remove the threat that he poses or posed to the world.
-Find out the fate or current status of my half-brother, Arion Rael. He helped me escape from the Tower forty years ago, but has not been seen since.

Payment will be 1,000 crown per involved party, plus a share of treasure recovered from the tower. All spoils must be brought back to Drache to be properly catalogued and registered before they can be claimed by the adventuring party, in case of infernal corruption. I will provide what I know of potential challenges or threats involved in the tower itself, though my information is four decades out of date.

Signed,
Drama Parkatire
Riddy
Knight
Characters: Varatryx Elisvir, Drama, Day, Evening, Elapidae, Ikara Tivaurd, Malisha Redlain, Larissa Rook, Bambi Thanatira, Warner Valenti

Re: The Devil's Tower

Post by Riddy »

UPDATE:

I am home again, and my computer works, so the quest is on once more!

-SCHEDULE: TBA, depends on people's availability

-SIZE: Ideally, a party of 3 to 7 people would be good. So assume 4-6.

-DIFFICULTY: "Power" matters somewhat, but the fights will be structured a little like puzzles as well as straight-up slugfests, and the traps aren't meant to be brute-forced. Not everyone should be weak, but don't think that you have to be uber-powerful to do anything. It's about teamwork.

Please reply in this thread if you wish to join.
Lliirune
Characters: Lliirune, Llaruna, Nylaea, Ianthe, Ahara, Mhairi, Ilithyia

Post by Lliirune »

Ianthe would be willing to join.
Riddy
Knight

Post by Riddy »

The quest is now BACK ONLINE! The best time to meet is on Fridays! Sorry for the multi-month delay.
Oblivioncalls
Civic Guard
Characters: Ulfric Brynjolf
Lane Silverbow
Merik Blackwater
Luciana Arana
Alejandra Castilleja
Kurina Ironcleaver
Kieran Creed
Haunt

Post by Oblivioncalls »

I'm good for this coming friday. (4-12)
Jin
Preferred Title: Jake
Characters: Jin, Gray, Brick

Post by Jin »

I'm down! Pretty flexible schedule, I just can't do Thursdays. :)
Riddy
Knight

Post by Riddy »

The party of Vesper Dash, Tarma Fiann, Ulfric Brynjolf, and Jin reached the dying village of Eshelth, and soon realized that the influence of Raeld Tower had poisoned the village - or, more accurately, the cursed life-draining lake surrounding the tower. The party forded the lake in a small boat, and used Drama's signet ring to enter.

The tower of Erelus Raeld turned out to be a nightmare. After two floors of traps, they came upon the laboratory, only to learn that the devilish scientist had been experimenting with the very essence of the inferno itself, including an experiment chamber filled with samples of the worst and most obscure creatures of the Abyss - Qlippoths, Yugoloths, and Demodands. After fighting their way through the test subjects and mechanical guardians, they destroyed the laboratory and hellgate that Erelus had been using.

After looking through the living quarters, including Drama's childhood personal effects, the party discovered holding cells in the top floor, guarded by a fearsome Apostate Devil. There was a single prisoner remaining - Arion Raeld, son of Erelus and brother of Drama. Arion led them to a secret experiment chamber, only to reveal Erelus's final plan. His spirit had possessed the body of Arion, and he transferred his essence into a massive infernal machine dominating the chamber. The party fought hard, but was eventually able to destroy the machine, at which point the spirit of Erelus fled.

Once back in Drache, the party learned that Drama had collapsed, and was in the healing lodge - comatose, despite no apparent physical reason. They found that the spirit of Erelus Raeld was attempting to possess her, and crossed over into the spirit realm to help her fight back. Thanks to their efforts and friendship, as well as the support of the spirit of Arion, Drama was able to expel her father. Without any remaining links or anchors to the material realm, Erelus Raeld's spirit finally faded into the afterlife, leaving Drama as the last living member of the Raeld bloodline.

As promised, each party member has been paid 1,000 crown, plus their choice of plunder from the tower - once vetted and catalogued. Said plunder includes:

-Two antimagic swords
-Two antimagic axes
-One antimagic spear, nearly identical to the one owned by Drama.
-Two sets of antimagic plate mail
-Two antimagic chain mail
-A large amount of gold and silver from the Raeld treasury.
-Jewelry formerly belonging to Lillen Raeld, Dramas mother.
-Numerous works of art
-Pieces of infernal machinery, experiments, research notes,a dn spell reagants that are not likely to make it through the vetting process, though the government of Drache or the Bloody Fifth might have interest in them.

Sgt. Vesper Dash also ensured the people of Eshelth that a relief package would come from the governments of Arangoth.
Last edited by Riddy on Tue May 07, 2019 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nymphetamine
Admin
Preferred Title: Marog the Destroyer
Characters: Aezra
Azalia Stygian
Eliya Almakira al-Fasaad
Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak

Post by Nymphetamine »

The government of Drache would very much like the infernal machinery, the experiments and any and all research notes available.
Riddy
Knight

Post by Riddy »

A request easily granted. Drama would lead the government's representatives into the tower and oversee the pickup, as her signet ring is necessary to gain entrance.