Lathrelk Investigation

The Adventurer's Guild. Find quests, find heroes for quests. You need a dragon slayed? A witch dealt with? A curse broken? These people can help!
Gudrun
Operator
Preferred Title: Gudrun
Characters: Gudrun, Cnidaryx, Naedys, Perldosia Quarek, Yam, Fah Trah, Guy, Belekhmaa, Udanys and Ulanyx

Lathrelk Investigation

Post by Gudrun »

Tespin Salksilek shall sponsor an investigation of the hamlet of Lathrelk to confirm the presence and well-being of Floxod Aridia Vloress. 500 crown shall be given to the individual or group upon receipt of true information. Adventurers must supply their own equipment and means of travel.

Please see assistant at [address for Gudrun's warehouse] for further details, such as the location of the hamlet and to confirm departure.

Signed Tespin Gudrun Salksilek

[ooc note] Best times to schedule scouting mission is Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or a given week. Please give at least a day in advance to schedule the mission. This should take one or two sessions, 3-4hrs per session or more depending on size of group. Post interest here with character that will be used and which day(s) works best, evening or daytime.
Kedglo
Characters: Riel Hilliard
Mordred Alstreim
Genrund Bjordin

Re: Lathrelk Investigation

Post by Kedglo »

Sign me and Riel up

Any day and time before Monday the 4th, going to sea.
Gudrun
Operator
Characters: Gudrun, Cnidaryx, Naedys, Perldosia Quarek, Yam, Fah Trah, Guy, Belekhmaa, Udanys and Ulanyx

Post by Gudrun »

Here's what's known and shared among adventurers after Riel's venture into town:
  • Aridia, Gudrun and Driscoll are confirmed to be in Lathrelk
  • The townsfolk are all under some influence where they follow routines that reset every hour, but some people like the mayor and Tessie seem to not act according to a script
  • Those who go into Ye Olde Taverne #7 are at risk of being drugged
  • The manor draws a lot of activity, especially at night. The mayor and a few townsfolk tried to take a drugged Riel here
Furthermore, while Uzzo and his men are stationed around the perimeter of Lathrelk, they are not heading into town and are only quarantining the city. Adventurers who venture in are on their own in that regard and will be detained and questioned when leaving to ensure they are not compromised by whatever is happening in the city.
Now that more is known about Lathrelk, the manor seems to be a location of interest for further investigations. Newcomers are easily spotted in this small city, so use discretion when venturing in. Arangire Salksilek also wishes for it to be known that if his wife Gudrun is killed, he'll put the torch to everyone in the hamlet, including adventurers.
Signed Officer #81
Gudrun
Operator

Vampires!

Post by Gudrun »

The Pronvical Guard stepped in to quarantine Lathrelk with a perimeter set back a quarter mile from the town. Uzzo’s men at arms departed once information was exchanged with the Provincial Guard.

The Provincial Guard thus issues this statement to the public and posts flyers around towns and cities (including Drache) throughout Transdariania:
ADVENTURERS WANTED -- BOUNTY: VAMPIRES

After the rescue of Tespin Salksilek by an investigation party, it is surmised that a cluster of vampires has taken over the hamlet of Lathrelk (a town about 3 1/2 hours northeast from Drache) and made the townsfolk and hapless migrants their thralls. Floxod Aridia and Driscoll of the Rumor Mill are still in Lathrelk, as well, and are also reported to be under the influence of these vampires. Adventurers who venture into the city should take care to rescue those two and any thrall that can be freed from the vampires’ corrupting powers. If the town itself is corrupted, it’s ordered by the Sithire that it be razed. Vampires must have their hearts staked, heads decapitated, then bodies put out for the morning sun.

Adventurers who venture into the city do so at their own risk, as the Provincial Guard's forces will be focused on containment should any vampires attempt to escape.

Arangire Auxerre, Sithire of Transdariania, has offered an additional 1,000 crown to the bounty of the vampires, which will be split among the party. This is in addition to 500 crown offered to the party by the Salksileks. (Total 1,500 crown)
ooc note: Please sign up on this forum thread with Wed/Thurs/Fri (day and/or night) availability. Saturdays are a potential day depending on how I feel after work, so please mention if you'd be available after 7pm EST on Saturday. Thanks!
Riddy
Knight
Preferred Title: Riddy
Characters: Varatryx Elisvir, Drama, Day, Evening, Elapidae, Ikara Tivaurd, Malisha Redlain, Larissa Rook, Bambi Thanatira, Warner Valenti

Post by Riddy »

My availability:

Wednesday - usually daytime.
Thursday - Not super-often, sometimes.
Friday - All day, all night.

Bringin' in Saranya.
Last edited by Riddy on Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Suzthulhu
Baron
Preferred Title: Great Old One
Characters: All of them.

Post by Suzthulhu »

Zesstra would go again, and my availability is best on Friday, since I'm working all week.
Elitist Dicks Only
Oblivioncalls
Civic Guard
Characters: Ulfric Brynjolf
Lane Silverbow
Merik Blackwater
Luciana Arana
Alejandra Castilleja
Kurina Ironcleaver
Kieran Creed
Haunt

Post by Oblivioncalls »

If we can decide on Friday I can play hooky from work, and Lane can go. :)

edit: Although this seems less likely presently since I got the day off of work today.
dragonwielder
Knight
Preferred Title: dragonwielder
Characters: Aldenaxk, Nicholas, Arreon, Aliana, Neakas, Jerichoni, jeffrey, Arkchar, Jorvek,

Post by dragonwielder »

Count Jerichoni in. About time he got off his lazy butt.

I'm usually available all the time on weekends, and anytime after 4 central time on week days.
"Arthur, have some faith. Stop doubtin me! I have a plan. we just need more time....and money. We'll grab a boat and go to TAHITI"
Gudrun
Operator

Lathrelk Conclusion + Rewards

Post by Gudrun »

There was still tension in the air after Lane, Jerichoni, and Saranya returned to the Provincial Guard encampment with Aridia and Driscoll. One vampire had escaped that night, and two were properly disposed of according to Sithire Auxerre’s instructions. However, there were reported to be four vampires in Lathrelk, so where were the final two? The day after the raid, the thralls who were too far gone became enraged and attempted to force their way through the line of Provincial Guards. The remaining thralls were in a listless, fugue state, made worse by hunger and a refusal to turn to cannibalism like their now dead compatriots. The town would continue to be monitored for a while, though now plans for humanitarian efforts were discussed. Missing persons reports from around Transdariania were used to identify a few of the recently slain thralls.

A thrall who hadn’t engaged in cannibalism, wandered to the guards to beg for food. She was taken into custody, quietly due to the pauper’s bread she was given, and questioned about the vampires. She could recall that there were three men — Leopold Coldbane, Trevor Cremoux, and Jael Montaracc — and one woman, Loren Casterel. Otherwise, she could clearly describe their appearances, just that they were gorgeous. Of the two vampires killed, both were male, so at least that narrowed down Loren as one of the escapees. When asked what, exactly, were the vampires expecting to gain by overtaking a small town? “Utopia,” the emaciated thrall said, “They wanted everyone to live in harmony, in health, and in wealth.” Though she didn’t sound as convinced on what the “merchants” were selling now.

The future of the town was already being figured out, despite some loose ends regarding the thralls. There was general optimism that once the vampire blood faded from the thralls’ systems, they’d recover — though perhaps with long term damage from the experience. A number of thralls weren’t from Lathrelk to begin with and would be returned to their homes. Much of Lathrelk needed to be razed and rebuilt. Corpses had to be given proper burials. The clay pits contained the remains of children, elderly, and infirm people who were killed by thralls by compulsion of their vampiric captors. As reality resettled into the thralls’ heads, memories of atrocities were no longer suppressed. Parents killed their own children. Families took the lives of their elders and infirm. All while under the domination of vampires. Those who decided to remain despite those terrible experiences were going to need help rebuilding.
It was decided that the town would remain “unaffiliated duchy lands,” meaning there would be no barons or counts but tithes still had to be paid to the Sithire. Lands were to be divvied up among freeholders who could build their own manor and manage their lands with tenants. Lane, Jerichoni, Saranya, Zesstra, and Riel were given acreage for their parts in freeing Lathrelk. Technically, the land was worthless as-is at 1 crown per acre, but with some patience and a little investing, the land could become productive. Of course, they could just find someone to sell it to and walk away. The group was also given money.

Lane Silverbow:
750 crown
250 acres of land

Jerichoni:
750 crown
250 acres of land

Saranya:
500 crown
125 acres of land

Zesstra:
250 crown
125 acres of land
*Stinkmaw gets 250, no land

Riel:
450 crown
125 acres of land
laytrayin
Baron
Characters: LayTrayin Chasingfire
Aridia Vloress
Naomi
Sylestra

Post by laytrayin »

From LayTrayin there is also this in addition:

Lane Silverbow
50 crown

Jerichoni
50 crown

Saranya
100 crown (for actual rescue of Aridia)

Zesstra
50 crown

Riel
50 crown
Because I am one with the taker of life, and I love pain and suffering, misery and death as it loves me. These are things I am not willing to give up, if death is release then let it never find me so I may live long and suffer much.