Werewolves!

The Adventurer's Guild. Find quests, find heroes for quests. You need a dragon slayed? A witch dealt with? A curse broken? These people can help!
Oblivioncalls
Civic Guard
Characters: Ulfric Brynjolf
Lane Silverbow
Merik Blackwater
Luciana Arana
Alejandra Castilleja
Kurina Ironcleaver
Kieran Creed
Haunt

Werewolves!

Post by Oblivioncalls »

This is an ooc recount of what happened, though it was a very public battle so feel free to share the details here in character at your leisure:

Three 'tainted' werewolves chased Tarma and Ulfric (who was incapacitated) from the forest reserve. All three bore scars, patchy fur, tattoos, and physical deformities of some kind marking them as something more than your run of the mill werewolf. They possessed certain abilities, including what seemed to be some way to force someone to their knees wracked with pain, without laying a hand on them. All wounds caused by regular weapons healed within minutes unless the wounds caused death(such as brain puncturing). Wounds caused by Saranya's axe and by magical means steamed and festered, and barely healed at all.

Tarma, Saranya, and Kiedra completely annihilated one werewolf. After Saranya hamstrung it and rendered it unable to continue fighting, both Tarma and Kiedra cooked it alive with abilities and lots of fire, leaving charred remains behind.

The second one was killed after Saranya dealt some damage to its back, and Tarma forced it towards Russell, whose blade petrified it. The monster turned to stone, and Russell took its head off, preventing it from returning.

Number three was eliminated thanks to Davram who incapacitated it with an explosive bolt, and then Kiedra who restrained it with magic till Davram pierced its brain with a blade.

Anyone experienced in lycanthropy would find these werewolves were born such, not bitten and turned into wolves. As with the robbery, blood samples taken would smell like a bog, and reveal much the same as other samples. Other than some twisted versions of abilities, however, they would be not that different from other werewolves of that specific type. Whatever turned them into these monsters is not specifically physical.

A second session is required due to the length of time this one went. So having a good idea of availability for everyone who wants to be involved in what should be the finale would help me out tremendously. As my availability is usually restricted to Sunday-Tuesday, we need to work with those days if possible. Tonight is unlikely. What I may end up doing is to run smaller mini sessions with whoever is available at that time to make the finale more manageable as far as a time frame.

So please let me know what days and times you are available! Thanks. :)
Last edited by Oblivioncalls on Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trace
Civic Guard
Characters: OOC: Trace
Mains: Russell (Arms-Corporal, CG), Taranis Elisvir
Secondaries: Emily Knight, Lily Reese
Benched: Shezari, Natalei, Inanna
totally not alive anymore: Karen, Pashti, Jillian

Re: Werewolves!

Post by Trace »

This week I'm available from 4 PM to midnight Monday, 5:30 PM to whenever Tuesday, all day Wednesday, 5:30p-12:00a Thursday, 5:30-whenever Friday, 9:15p to whenever Saturday, and same on Sunday (Mar 31).
Infern
Preferred Title: Kluivert

Post by Infern »

I'm available on MON-THURS by 3 or 4 PM Eastern, depends on if I have to pick up my sister or not. Friday available all day except maybe 3-4, again, if I have to pick up sister or not. Saturday and Sunday I'm available all day.
Riddy
Knight
Preferred Title: Riddy
Characters: Varatryx Elisvir, Drama, Day, Evening, Elapidae, Ikara Tivaurd, Malisha Redlain, Larissa Rook, Bambi Thanatira, Warner Valenti

Post by Riddy »

My availability is:

SUNDAY - Yes
SUNDAY - Early afternoon, later night
TUESDAY - Late afternoon/evening, night
WEDNESDAY - All day
THURSDAY - Sometimes all day
FRIDAY - All day
SATURDAY - Early afternoon, sometimes evening, late night
SMURSDAY - Unavailable
Oblivioncalls
Civic Guard
Characters: Ulfric Brynjolf
Lane Silverbow
Merik Blackwater
Luciana Arana
Alejandra Castilleja
Kurina Ironcleaver
Kieran Creed
Haunt

Werewolves! conclusion

Post by Oblivioncalls »

The results of the second session are as follows:

Sissy is deceased as it should be, and the killing blow was a combination of things attributed to both dragon and balor crushing the monster, freezing, and Kiedra's final spell. Bela and Tarma's actions led to that final moment but it was ultimately Kiedra who dealt out what would result in a decisive victory. Errok, Saranya, Fiere, Davram, and Russell's involvement is not without merit, without them this victory would have been more tough to reach, and certainly not as quickly.

After spirit and physical worlds returned to order, five of the werewolves dropped completely dead. Another two appear to have killed each other in a panic during a fog that rolled over the battlefield. Four are unaccounted for, having fled the battle which includes the two from the robbery. (Little Sister and Twitchy) The corruption that was briefly affecting the forest reserve has passed and what wildlife made a home there have all returned. Magical scrying beyond the spirit/physical world barrier would see the cavern that the tainted wolves used would start closing over time.

All six final participants will receive.. well, nothing. Since they weren't vampires there's no bounty reward to collect, and no official postings offered any monetary gain for accomplishing the task. So they get to bask in the knowledge that they defeated an evil that was attempting to harm the delicate balance of the natural and unnatural worlds.

(OOC Note: Thank you all for participating and making my somewhat shaky return to GMing a fun and pleasant experience! I look forward to doing more things for you in the future. :) )