For City Council Vote 13.VIII.489

Drache's City Hall, home to the mayor's office and the city council.
Oblivioncalls
Civic Guard
Characters: Ulfric Brynjolf
Lane Silverbow
Merik Blackwater
Luciana Arana
Alejandra Castilleja
Kurina Ironcleaver
Kieran Creed
Haunt

For City Council Vote 13.VIII.489

Post by Oblivioncalls »

Councilman Lane Silverbow puts forth this proposal on behalf of Floxod Aridia Vloress:

To plan and put on an annual 'Guard Appreciation Day' to celebrate the lives and service of Civic Guards, Provincial Guards, and other military personnel in Drache. Those who are serving, whom have served, or have given their lives in service to Transdariania. This can be held in the Merchant Square as an all day affair, merchants can still ply their wares and supply food and drink. Music, dancing, a chance to meet guards and thank them for their service. It's a good opportunity for citizens to really get to know their local guardsmen and women, and have a day of festivities to enjoy.

If this initial proposal passes, I will give the Floxod the first opportunity to plan the festival and submit an estimate of cost and taxable return to the city based on an average day of sales for shops in the square.
TheOtherOne
Esquire
Preferred Title: TheOtherOne
Characters: Daien and others!

Re: For City Council Vote 13.VIII.489

Post by TheOtherOne »

No objections. If it is to include the other military members, maybe a different name that encompasses both guards and standing army?
Oblivioncalls
Civic Guard
Lane Silverbow
Merik Blackwater
Luciana Arana
Alejandra Castilleja
Kurina Ironcleaver
Kieran Creed
Haunt

Post by Oblivioncalls »

I'll be glad to hear any other suggestions for names, otherwise 'Guard' is really a broad enough term to describe all those that give their lives to guard ours.
Suzthulhu
Baron
Preferred Title: Great Old One
Characters: All of them.

Post by Suzthulhu »

Natalia wholeheartedly votes yay!
Elitist Dicks Only
dragonwielder
Knight
Preferred Title: dragonwielder
Characters: Aldenaxk, Nicholas, Arreon, Aliana, Neakas, Jerichoni, jeffrey, Arkchar, Jorvek,

Post by dragonwielder »

I see no problem with it.
Really the only protest I have is that such a day is a perfect time to plan attacks of any sort since guards are celebrating. But that's just nitpicking at the most. As long as we still remain vigilant, I vote yay.
"Arthur, have some faith. Stop doubtin me! I have a plan. we just need more time....and money. We'll grab a boat and go to TAHITI"
Oblivioncalls
Civic Guard
Lane Silverbow
Merik Blackwater
Luciana Arana
Alejandra Castilleja
Kurina Ironcleaver
Kieran Creed
Haunt

Post by Oblivioncalls »

As everyone is all in favor, we can pass this to the Office of Lakrathon with four votes 'Yay', and we can let Floxod Vloress figure out an appropriate name.

To alleviate any concerns, I am sure guards in attendance can be rotated out so that they can all enjoy the festivities, while still keeping the city well protected.
TheOneWhoKnows
Operator
Characters: Uzzo, Welkith`Quarek, Weiss(?), Tiny`Spider

Post by TheOneWhoKnows »

The Office of Lakrathron casts their vote in favour of designating this a national holiday. The mayor's office will be in contact with Floxod Vloress and discuss the appropriate details necessary to facilitate the proper licenses and organization of the event.

The 25th of Broxkakat shall hereby be known as "Varquia Fenexessa Hest", otherwise known in Common Creole as "Brothers in Arms Day" on the 25th of the Last Seed.

- Lakrathron Donnovath ul-Alaford Silak