Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak

Possible Forum Game Ideas

Post by Nymphetamine »

Due to the very hectic natures of Orchid and Veri's schedules these days, Orchid and I thought we'd get some forum based game going on. This is open to any and all who wanna participate, and we can decide how we're going to handle this. Regular posting is probably going to be required.

I can at least commit to a once every other day post schedule as a GM/mod for anything people want to do. I might be able to get back into the swing of things and commit to every day or multiple times a day, but I'm not gonna over stretch myself and then disappoint.

Now taking ideas. :D
Verianne
Preferred Title: Opium Vigilante
Characters: Rajiya
Catriona Asturia
Verianne

Re: Possible Forum Game Ideas

Post by Verianne »

Most of the gals I've rolled up (and then either played once or not at all, shush) are the adventuring sort, so putzing about in a tavern after the adventure is...well, the after-adventure. shit ain't fly dogs.
Gotta get some actual adventure up in the hizzy and other street lingo I very rarely use correctly.

So along those lines, anything with the general flavor of delving into ruins to disturb corpses and rummage for trinkets, investigate mad magic laboratories, help fringe villages repel bandit attacks, take on nature and make it your bitch while playing courier for warring bands of sentient creaturemonsters, yadda.
I needs me some adventure.

With that said, I can handle forum-based stuff pretty well and I have no qualms against taking care of no-name NPCs that are involved in scuffles with people (banditos, Tucker's kobolds, and the occasional extremely lost yeti) should that sort of thing crop up and need some outside assists while Nymph is busy doing things that actually matter.
or not.
that is okay too.

So in short, adventure! Problem-solving! Buckling swashes! Whisking away maidens away and teaching them the meaning of the words "morning-after regret!"
CECI N'EST UNE PAS a good idea.
CausticaV
Preferred Title: Bug Lady
Characters: Orchid

Post by CausticaV »

Did you mean it was not a good idea? I am confused as to what you mean.

Je ne comprends pas, je très desole...

Alors, I am excited about the idea of getting into some forum RP! I am okay with some adventuring sorts of things as well. I mean, perhaps not ALL buckle swashing and D&D sorts of stuff, I think that can get a little clunky if over done in a forum environment. Certainly excitement and adventure is called for though. Likely, the most important thing to hammer out first is how exactly to frame the onset of play. In addition I've done quite a lot of DMing in the past, so helping to push things along via whatever means is something I am quite comfortable with.

It could be interesting to have forum related play be part of the greater narrative of the setting since it's sort of set in stone, being recorded in the forum for anyone to read and what not. Things to do with otherwordly incursions, monsters from the woods, bandits... even things like villainous personalities within Drache or abroad. All sorts of things, I don't have a specific thought in mind just now but I am certain we can knock something around.

I admit I also have some characters suited mostly for adventure, or waiting to get into one certainly. Some have debts that need paying off and what not. A certain amount of dedication to regular posting is always rough, but communication can ensure that never gets too exacting.
Nymphetamine
Admin
Preferred Title: Marog the Destroyer
Characters: Aezra
Azalia Stygian
Eliya Almakira al-Fasaad
Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak

Post by Nymphetamine »

Apparently, my mom doesn't have internet, but I'll pimp this out on IRC a bit and see if I can't get a few other people to bite.
Nymphetamine
Admin
Preferred Title: Marog the Destroyer
Characters: Aezra
Azalia Stygian
Eliya Almakira al-Fasaad
Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak

Post by Nymphetamine »

Belatedly responding:

I'm not sure how much interested there is from the regulars on IRC, since no one else replied to this thread. :(

BUT! That doesn't mean we can't do something.

We could be the Charlie's Angels of treasure hunters. Maybe pick out a random location in the world and start plundering ruins, making up shit as we go along?
CausticaV
Preferred Title: Bug Lady
Characters: Orchid

Post by CausticaV »

Fantastic! I love the idea!

Even if it's just us flailing around tomb raiding it sounds like fun! And how knows, if we do it long enough perhaps other people will be interested in joining in? Sometimes you have to catalyze people you know?

Now I need to think of which of my weirdo characters to use... and where to begin this ridiculous scenario.

Perhaps some kind of exotic sort of crypt related location, a vaguely Egyptian sort of place... I'll have to check the wiki for what would be appropriate. Could also be some ancient and now deceased culture that was totally into fancy crypts and traps.

Maybe I'll use my lizard girls...