Forgotten Treasures [ACTIVE QUEST]

The Adventurer's Guild. Find quests, find heroes for quests. You need a dragon slayed? A witch dealt with? A curse broken? These people can help!
Trace
Civic Guard
Characters: OOC: Trace
Mains: Russell (Arms-Corporal, CG), Taranis Elisvir
Secondaries: Emily Knight, Lily Reese
Benched: Shezari, Natalei, Inanna
totally not alive anymore: Karen, Pashti, Jillian

Forgotten Treasures [ACTIVE QUEST]

Post by Trace »

This job has been posted by Taranis Elisvir on 18.VII.488.

"The situation is simple. I've been informed by some of my kinsfolk passing through the area on their way to Elvendeep that dust storms have uncovered an old Janan settlement in Rashnad. Among the structures still standing is a small fortress; inventory logs recovered at the site indicate there is an artifact of some interest being held in storage. Your mission is to retrieve this object for identification, and, if need be, disposal. Ordinarily this would be handled by the Rana ourselves, however, the nearest recovery task force is still weeks away from Rashnad. Therefore we turn to you, adventurers, to complete this task in our stead.

"We do not expect there to be much in the way of hostile inhabitants in the stronghold. The main dangers come due to the age of the structure and a set of traps that may have come active on account of environmental interference. As such, the risk assessment on this mission is rather low.

"Time is imperative on this effort. A representative of my people will brief you more thoroughly when you arrive at the mission area."

MISSION PARAMETERS: Locate and retrieve a Janan Rana artifact.
SUCCESS CONDITIONS: Delivery of artifact into Janan keeping. Alternative methods of achieving the mission may be possible if delivery cannot be completed.
FAILURE CONDITION: Loss of the artifact will result in mission failure.

REWARD: 80 crown per person, one (1) item from whatever is recovered not related to the mission, compensation for travel and supplies.

OOC notes:

I'm planning to run this, ideally, on Saturday, the 28th, for three to five players. If schedules allow we may begin on Friday instead. I expect this to last no more than three sessions. Combat is not essential, so it is open to all characters.
Last edited by Trace on Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jammy
Esquire
Preferred Title: Supreme Commander
Characters: ```. Fa'el, Colette

Re: Forgotten Treasures

Post by Jammy »

"You have my hammer."

~Father Landis Armitage
Riddy
Knight
Preferred Title: Riddy
Characters: Varatryx Elisvir, Drama, Day, Evening, Elapidae, Ikara Tivaurd, Malisha Redlain, Larissa Rook, Bambi Thanatira, Warner Valenti

Post by Riddy »

Elapidae will use some of her vacation time to volunteer.
Trace
Civic Guard

Post by Trace »

One more person to make this a useful endeavor!

Please let me know when you're available. I am shooting for Friday-Saturday!
Lucidaer
Esquire
Preferred Title: Lucidaer
Characters: Lucidaer, Saeryn, Jinxet, Annanistael, Nyxx, Belarisya

Post by Lucidaer »

Belarisya signs up.
Lliirune
Characters: Lliirune, Llaruna, Nylaea, Ianthe, Ahara, Mhairi, Ilithyia

Post by Lliirune »

Ianthe is willing to go.
Azalea
Knight
Preferred Title: Plant Fae
Characters: Azalea, Justin_Scorch, Sabine, Brindagar, Linora

Post by Azalea »

Azalea will go if the group needs a healer (if there's already a healer I'll bring somebody else)
Trace
Civic Guard

Post by Trace »

We have an adventure grouping!

I'm aiming to start tomorrow evening around 8:30-9 PM EDT. If you need a later start or would prefer to start on Saturday please tell me now.
Trace
Civic Guard

Re: Forgotten Treasures [ACTIVE QUEST]

Post by Trace »

TIME LOCKED

28.VI.488

Our story so far:

Having arrived at the ancient Janan Rana fortress located on the southern fringe of Rashnad's vast desert, the group partaking in this expedition had been briefed on the nature of the artifact they were to find. After asking their questions and being given a few supplies to help them in their task, the group was led to the central tower, which turned out to house a spiral staircase descending into a sinkhole. At the bottom, they found a compass rose and a large cavern, as well as a broken arrow trap.

Landis, by way of a lucky coin, decided that the group should head to the north first, and after a few twists and turns along the tunnel, disturbed a bat, and learned that the tunnel dead-ended at the bottom of a well. They broke rope, lost a bucket, and petrified a poor Cave Sprite. On their way back from the well, nothing happened, and the next tunnel they decided on turned out to actually loop back around. In the process, Ianthe and Elapidae squeezed past a rockfall and then accidentally set off a pit trap, that allowed the rocks to fall down into it and clear the passage. An old spike trap was also triggered, though it was mostly broken.

They now stand in front of a sealed doorway. There are four switches on the ground, and the fourth is too wide to avoid stepping on, as well as being set right in front of the door. The glow of the sunstones set in the walls gives off the impression of early evening.

What is the party's positioning, and who will act first?