For City Council Vote 08.V.489

Drache's City Hall, home to the mayor's office and the city council.
TheOtherOne
Esquire
Preferred Title: TheOtherOne
Characters: Daien and others!

Re: For City Council Vote 08.V.489

Post by TheOtherOne »

I have to oppose the idea of claiming the school based on partial funding, especially as this was not to be expected in terms of the application by the Floxod. It would be a bad precedent to set, and discourage people from approaching the Council.

I would have to withdraw my yes vote with that clause. I believe the supervision is sufficient without appropriating the school itself.
Riddy
Knight
Preferred Title: Riddy
Characters: Varatryx Elisvir, Drama, Day, Evening, Elapidae, Ikara Tivaurd, Malisha Redlain, Larissa Rook, Bambi Thanatira, Warner Valenti

Post by Riddy »

Let's put it to a final vote.
Oblivioncalls
Civic Guard
Characters: Ulfric Brynjolf
Lane Silverbow
Merik Blackwater
Luciana Arana
Alejandra Castilleja
Kurina Ironcleaver
Kieran Creed
Haunt

Post by Oblivioncalls »

If they are asking for city money, then they should be under the jurisdiction of the city, plain and simple.

As the proposal stands now with all caveats and additions, my vote is yay.
dragonwielder
Knight
Preferred Title: dragonwielder
Characters: Aldenaxk, Nicholas, Arreon, Aliana, Neakas, Jerichoni, jeffrey, Arkchar, Jorvek,

Post by dragonwielder »

As long as orphans get into this school, I see no problems so far. Aridia has had kids, she'll be able to function as a fair headmistress. As long as we keep a proper standard in place in terms of the quality of teachers, this should go well. I say Yay. Who knows, I might stop by for a surprise economics lesson if Aridia doesn't cut me down for it!

(The note is a bit crumpled and has slightly messy handwriting. It's obvious he did this last minute before passing out)
"Arthur, have some faith. Stop doubtin me! I have a plan. we just need more time....and money. We'll grab a boat and go to TAHITI"
Riddy
Knight
Characters: Varatryx Elisvir, Drama, Day, Evening, Elapidae, Ikara Tivaurd, Malisha Redlain, Larissa Rook, Bambi Thanatira, Warner Valenti

Post by Riddy »

I vote yay on the proposal with all additions and errata.
TheOtherOne
Esquire
Preferred Title: TheOtherOne
Characters: Daien and others!

Post by TheOtherOne »

I stand by my nay vote. I think we should go about this differently rather than appropriation.
Suzthulhu
Baron
Preferred Title: Great Old One
Characters: All of them.

Post by Suzthulhu »

Final vote: YAY.
Elitist Dicks Only
Oblivioncalls
Civic Guard
Characters: Ulfric Brynjolf
Lane Silverbow
Merik Blackwater
Luciana Arana
Alejandra Castilleja
Kurina Ironcleaver
Kieran Creed
Haunt

Post by Oblivioncalls »

Final vote is four votes for, one vote against. The yays have it.

Unless Councilwoman Raeld has anything to add we can consider this matter closed. Councilwoman, I assume you will be letting the Floxod know of the changes to her proposal, and our final decision on the matter? Please pass on my congratulations to her as the first headmistress of this school and employee of the city.
Riddy
Knight

Post by Riddy »

Floxod Aridia Vloress has rejected both the proposed grant and city oversight.
TheOneWhoKnows
Operator
Characters: Uzzo, Welkith`Quarek, Weiss(?), Tiny`Spider

Post by TheOneWhoKnows »

The proposal is implemented as follows, as the yays have it, 4-to-1:
* A full and thorough audit, a yearly grant equal to current operating expenses plus 10% and a bi-annual review.
* If operations fall under budget, the review will find the grant decreased by that amount, but said surplus can be used by the school that following year in addition to the grant.
* Only emergency funds will be granted when the case warrants such action.
* The school will henceforth be under the jurisdiction of the City of Drache, appointing the Floxod as headmistress.

Floxod Aridia has been appointed as headmistress, and has summarily stepped down from the position, citing differences in her intended petition and the outcome, as well as having no interest in being a government employee. The school and its operations are now wholly government property, a suitable replacement for headmistress will be selected by the Offices of Lakrathron to take over its operations.

- Lakrathron Donnovath ul-Alaford Silak