|Full Name:||Morgana Santander|
|Country of Origin:||Minkbrantha|
|Eye Color:||Gray (no pupil/iris; blind)|
|Occupation:||Drache Civic Guard Spell Recruit|
Morgana spent the first few years of her life in Minkbrantha. Around the age of 18, she married her husband (Claudius Santander). At the time, Morgana was training to be a fighter and had recently been hired as a guard for some wealthy fellow who also paid to have her trained in some mage craft. A few years later, the man she worked for was slaughtered by a vampire who then proceeded to turn Morgana into one. She was fortunate to find a healer within a matter of weeks who claimed he could cure her. The procedure, while successful, left Morgana blind and somehow killed the healer himself in the process. The knowledge of how the cure had worked was lost when the healer died, his notes (if any) never discovered.
Morgana learned a simple spell from a local mage (near the healer's home) to see a bit by way of magical assistance, then returned home to find that her husband had been turned as well. She was unable to do anything to help him, and was forced to slay him in the end. After these incidents, Morgana converted herself into a mercenary (of sorts), and has dedicated much of her time to slaying the undead where she finds them, having started with the vampire that had turned her and her husband. She has since learned more effective magic to deal with her vision problem.
Morgana does not tend to tell the story this way, however. When asked about her husband's death, and/or the circumstances under which she lost her sight, her answer is generally that her husband was made into a vampire, after which she attempted to cure him but failed, blinding herself, and was then forced to kill him. Unsurprisingly, she also doesn't tend to mention the fact that she herself was once a vampire. Apart from the blindness, however, no signs of her brief period of undeath remain. She is completely human.
Morgana is now a Spell Recruit in the Drache Civic Guard.
Morgana is generally very kind-hearted despite what she's been through. She likes helping and protecting people, especially from vampires, given her history. She tends to be somewhat secretive about her past, as she doesn't like to talk about it. Morgana is almost always understanding when people ask her about her lack of vision, but does not often explain how it happened.
While Morgana's age is not what one might call 'advanced', 45 is certainly not young, as fighters go. But the spell recruit keeps herself in good shape and is frequently active. She is by no means frail. Her hair is a light mix of gray and white, fairly long but almost always worn up (as shown in reference picture). Her eyes, once green, are simply blank and gray with no iris or pupil. Faint red scars line the lids around her eyes. She typically wears sturdy leather armor with a few metal plates attached at vital areas. Morgana carries two swords with her and usually fights with both.
Abilities & Skills
- Trained to fight with dual swords
- Frequently trains blind (without the aid of magic to see)
- Spells for vision: Morgana uses magic to receive an actual visual image of the world around her; provided that no null magic is involved, she is able to maintain these spells throughout the day; since the magic does not make use of her eyes, she is able to focus the spell in any direction around her; the distance that she can see is not augmented (same as a normal person's 20/20 vision). In the event that null magic is a factor, Morgana relies on her blindsight, training and instinct to fight.
- Minor healing: can usually deal with minor scrapes/cuts/bruises, but Morgana is not a particularly gifted healer beyond that.
- Minor to Moderate wards: Morgana can shield up to four people to a minor extent (enough to deflect standard arrows for a minute or so at a time, for example, with a few minutes' break inbetween); she can shield only herself from more powerful attacks, such as fireballs or other similar magical attacks (also for a minute or so at a time, but powerful attacks make the ward more difficult to maintain and call for longer breaks between casting--closer to 20-30 minutes)
- Two standard shortswords
- Sturdy leather armor with a few metal plates in vital areas