|Full Name:||Victoria Theo Barrentyne|
|Date of Birth:||17th of Morning Star 460|
|Country of Origin:||Greater Pentland|
|Creed:||“When life hits you, stand up and hit it harder”|
Born under one of Greater Pentland’s imperial houses, Victoria Barrentyne had drawn the short straw on families to be a part of.
The youngest of four amongst a conservative noble family in the Pentland Empire, The Barrentynes once had a proud history of service to the Imperial Army of the Pentland Empire but in recent years up her brother’s birth, to It had rumour and ill talk of the household being afflicted with a malady that seemed similar to vampirism. The truth was, the Barrentynes had a long outstanding problem with vampirism within their family, onset by an unknown factor. Whilst the main family Victoria was a part of tried to ignore the problem, Victoria’s uncle Edwarde -on her father’s side- made sure that Victoria didn’t follow the same ignorance like the rest of her family of ignorant and foppish fools.
Each night, when Victoria spent some time with her Uncle; A former soldier in the Imperial Army and now, a veteran monster hunter He trained Victoria in how to defend herself and how to hunt down the monsters that haunt their family despite her father’s expectations to become a housewife and a trader. Those dreams were dashed as the house of Barrentyne fell into a violent frenzy during a masquerade in their family Villa, slaughtering their guests in a rabid rage. Only 26-year-old Victoria and her Uncle Edwarde took up arms with the knowledge in how to defend herself, slaughtering her blood mad father and brother Wagner. After the Imperial Guards came to investigate after several screams had been heard, they found Victoria and Edwarde to be the only survivors in this violent bloodbath in house Barrentyne, the former in her uncle’s arms, heartbroken and ashamed.
In light of her family’s slaughter and the growing concern with the outbreak within her blood that may have infected her, Victoria has taken it upon herself to become a vampire hunter and the last of the Barrentynes, venturing out to figure out what kind of curse has afflicted her bloodline.
A stubborn woman with a courageous heart, Victoria Barrentyne is a woman who speaks when something needs to be said from her mind but overall tends to keep to herself when regarding various matters, such as life, religion, politics or events of the year. She tends to enjoy solitude more than talking to others but when needed, she can be sociable though her conversational manners have been blunter than she was three years ago. Despite her forward and brutally honest attitude, she shows she is willing to offer to help and take help from others.
When it comes to hunting down a monster, She follows a code of hunting down to intent and fault. If an intelligent monster acts like a monster, Victoria will not hesitate but if humans have forced a monster to act out against humans, she’ll be more reluctant toward a violent conclusion. She’s also not fussy about which job she takes as it does not involve the innocent. If innocent lives are put in danger, She’ll ask the contractor to give something extra in return, usually a hand, a finger or an eye.
Despite her stubborn attitude, the death of her family has left her feeling empty and the family curse that she knows little about has made her journey in monster hunting almost an obsession, as a method to try and understand the nature of her family’s curse. This obsession has also made her very hateful to vampires, seeing them responsible for her family’s insanity.
Standing at 5’7 with a muscular body build along with a fair skin tone, Victoria Barrentyne sports blue eyes, has her auburn brown hair cut into a messy, pixie cut so it can be easily maintained and generally seems to have an androgynous beauty though she has her share of scars across her body, including a crescent scar across her chin and a vertical scar across her eyebrow.
When she is out on a job or out on a mission, she is often seen wearing plate armour with the colours of her family house on her arming jacket, a navy blue jacket with the motto “er bundressa ben mudossa” in gold, which roughly translates to “Having been beaten by none”
When she gets that rare chance to rest, she wears her blue arming jacket, black breeches, grey tights and brown laced up boots. In this, she always carries her knife.
Abilities & Skills
- Weapon Master - Victoria’s family comes from a long line of conservative soldiers and knights and though Victoria never officially got such training, she was taught in secret by her uncle Edwarde Barrentyne. Today, Victoria is proficient in most weapons native to her Homeland, these include Longswords, Warhammers, Greatswords, Halberds, Longbows and Crossbows
- Monster Hunter - With some on-field training by from Edwarde and studying books in private, Victoria has learnt how to hunt, trap and kill most monsters that threaten mortal settlements on Siveth, she’s especially skilled in hunting vampires.
- Beast Hunter - As a side effect of her monster hunting, Victoria has learnt how to hunt and handle beasts.
- Self Surgery - In order to survive, Victoria has had to learn how to perform surgery on herself with healing magic being such an expensive method of keeping one alive.
- Cook - Being raised in a rather conservative family, Victoria took lessons in cooking and preparing meals which she’s moulded into how to survive in the wild.
- Sewing - Not one for wasting clothes that are easily repaired or used in other ways, Victoria has learnt to sew and repair clothing though iron or steel isn’t easy to repair as clothes.
- Push - As the name says, Push is a spell that sends a telekinetic blast that pushes three people a foot away from the caster and can be used to blast weak doors down.
- Barrier - A spell that shields the user in a bubble of magic for protection. This spell lasts three turns or until the user has been hit by an enemy weapon or projectile, such as an arrow or a spell.
- Steel Bastard Sword with silver inlays
- 20 crossbow bolts
- Plate Armour
- Sallet Helmet
- Arming Cap
- Sewing Kit
- Medical pouch