Message to the Council

In character communications.
Shayde
Setting Nerd
Preferred Title: Shayde

Message to the Council

Post by Shayde »

To whom it may concern:

My name is George Tamp, and I am requesting a revision of the criminal sentencing in Drache. Too much power is given to a magistrate, and in that too many opportunities are taken away from the guilty or accused. I'd like to recommend a minimum and maximum term for each charge of a crime, stacking additively. Within these bounds the magistrate is still given choice, but the Guard would handle the charges forthwith and the punishment thereafter. Unusual punishment should also be outlawed as a rule, though such martial punishment as hanging or hobbling is fair in a court of law. Instead of issuing a sentence of imprisonment, this route can be chosen by the magistrate instead, but after such martial punishment the crime shall be immediately absolved. I was once arrested on charges that were both fraudulent and unevidenced, but a magistrate quick to punish nearly cost me my future. I now head the blooming Church of Chance, and if it wasn't for the intervention of a Redcap I wouldn't be able to be here today to write this to you. Please consider my proposition, and I can write up a draft for the exact legislature if need be.

All the best, George Tamp.