Harvest Festival Masquerade Event Schedule

Can't get a hold of an operator in channel? Need help connecting? Want to make a suggestion? Questions regarding lore, history or the setting can be asked here.

When should we hold the festival masquerade event?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:04 pm

Wednesday, Oct 31st: 6pm-10pm CDT
No votes
Thursday, Nov 1st: 6pm-10pm CDT
22%
Friday, Nov 2nd: 8pm-12am CDT
67%
Anytime (I'm like Margo, and spend entirely too much time on IRC)
11%
Other (Please state below)
No votes

Total votes: 9

Nymphetamine
Admin
Preferred Title: Marog the Destroyer
Characters: Aezra
Azalia Stygian
Eliya Almakira al-Fasaad
Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak

Harvest Festival Masquerade Event Schedule

Post by Nymphetamine »

Alright. We're working (belatedly!) on a harvest festival... week, thing... The events that are intended to be GM'd are the masquerade, and the two divisions of the tournament (more to follow). What I'm looking for is feedback regarding the time and scheduling of these events.

Normally, as some of you know, I ran my event stuff on Saturdays, 6pm-10pm PST (9pm-1am EST, do the math for the others yourself). The first GM post went out at 6pm, my time, and by 10pm, the action was winding down, with another hour or two of voluntary "clean up" that people participated in, but that didn't have anymore combat.

However! Halloween makes an excellent day, given the mythos in the real world surrounding it. And lots of people would be home that night, handing out candy. I'm not sure if this would be the *best* night for everyone, but for scheduling, I need to know. We have some stuff prepped for the evening of the masquerade, and I'd like to get the details handled for when the best time would be for the maximum amount of players.

Please vote and gimme feedback on what you'd like to see done.

Tournament rules, sign up and scheduling is to follow.
Pigasus
Baronet
Preferred Title: Setting Whisperer

Re: Harvest Festival Masquerade Event Schedule

Post by Pigasus »

Halloween is a terrible day for me as I'll be out at real halloween parties.
KnightErrant
Esquire

Post by KnightErrant »

Same here. And November 2 i will be prepping for a Ren faire. There's a good chance I'll be around Thursday though.
TheC
Esquire

Post by TheC »

I voted but it goes without saying that any days listed are okay with me. :) Except Saturday. (Which isn't listed but still!) Hockey Saturday - can't miss that!
Obsidian
Esquire
Preferred Title: Sultan of Storylines

Post by Obsidian »

I'm with C here. Wednesday and Saturday are both Hockey days for me and I -will not- be here until 10:30 at the earliest on those days. Thursday and Friday are both perfectly acceptable. :)