UPDATED: Volunteer To Do list (May 29)

Storage for out of date Volunteer-related threads.
Suzthulhu
Baron
Preferred Title: Great Old One
Characters: All of them.

UPDATED: Volunteer To Do list (May 29)

Post by Suzthulhu »

This is modified from the one on the ops' forums.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO VOLUNTEER FOR SOMETHING, REPLY TO THIS THREAD SO WE KNOW WHO'S DOING WHAT! Also, if you know of something else that needs to be done, post a reply and Margo or I will add it to the list =)

WIKI

* Old Site Material: A couple folks can volunteer to go over the old site for anything else that has still not been moved over to the new wiki. A lot of things may need to be updated, but a good list of what has not been moved over is a good starting place. Anything that needs to be preserved for posterity or for future use should be noted.

* Old ML archives - these need to be scrubbed for anything we want to move over. There are a lot of good historical postings here that can help fill in some of the gaps on the wiki.

* Fleshing out or writing various items listed here: http://www.arangoth.org/phpbb/viewtopic ... t=174#p674 This is a long list, and some of it needs to be done by the original players of important characters, ie: JD, Dan, Shaun. If these players aren't around, a stub article should suffice, or it can be a candidate for removal altogether.

* Project Drache: Neighbourhoods, districts, city planning, etc. Fleshing out the city more and building upon what's been done before. Adding racial areas, any ambassadorial estates or properties for representatives from Elvendeep, Zul Kiras, etc. The city's been expanding over the last 10 years, we should reflect this in the setting.

* Short Stories: No infobox template has been made for short stories yet on the wiki, though, I think this is still something we're going to do. The ML archives are still available to anyone who has an account with them. (I believe new accounts can still be made.)

* Drache government: This needs to be fleshed out and written out in greater detail.

* Race & Class guides need to be hotlinked like a mofo, back to the wiki.

* Pages that still need work: there was a thread on this awhile back that needs to be updated, as I'm sure there are plenty of things that have been finished!

* Royal Guards: I cleaned out the roster awhile back, so it needs to be updated and announcements made that we are recruiting and taking guard characters.

FRONT SITE

* FAQ: More needs to be added here. This is not a true guide, and the questions and answers don't really need to be long, per se. We all get questions like "How can I become an op?" or "Can I play _____?" and so forth. While some of these things are covered in the guides or in the policies, they will still be asked, regardless. Listing them in an easy to find place, even if redundant, doesn't change its usefulness.
- Access can be given to volunteers to be able to edit the FAQ if desired. Due to the nature of WordPress, you should probably be a Setting Nerd or Veteran before you ask for access to this.

COMPLETED

* Guide updates and move: http://legacy.arangoth.org/index.php?page=help&mid=25 <-- Good information, probably needs an update. Would be better done on Wiki. - DONE
Last edited by Suzthulhu on Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Elitist Dicks Only
Suzthulhu
Baron

Re: UPDATED: Volunteer To Do list (May 29)

Post by Suzthulhu »

I'm working on updating the guide.
Elitist Dicks Only
metalslime
Baronet
Characters: Ravynetti Tivaurd, innumerable others.

Post by metalslime »

I will toss around ideas for Project Drache. Depending on how bored I get, I might actually come up with something useful.

-Ravyn
Nymphetamine
Admin
Preferred Title: Marog the Destroyer
Characters: Aezra
Azalia Stygian
Eliya Almakira al-Fasaad
Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak

Post by Nymphetamine »

Infobox and navbox design at the moment, as well as staff documentation.
CausticaV
Preferred Title: Bug Lady
Characters: Orchid

Post by CausticaV »

Currently working on updating and cleaning up the Arangothian Alphabet. Also updating this page as well.
Suzthulhu
Baron

Post by Suzthulhu »

I'll be tackling the mailing list and the old site stuff. This will be a long project.
Elitist Dicks Only