For City Council Vote 22.V.489

Drache's City Hall, home to the mayor's office and the city council.
Oblivioncalls
Civic Guard
Characters: Ulfric Brynjolf
Lane Silverbow
Merik Blackwater
Luciana Arana
Alejandra Castilleja
Kurina Ironcleaver
Kieran Creed
Haunt

For City Council Vote 22.V.489

Post by Oblivioncalls »

After much deliberation with Councilwoman Raeld, Councilman Silverbow puts forth the following proposal in two parts:

Part I. Majority vote overrules the previous result, returning Floxod Aridia Vloress' school to her where it will remain her property in perpetuity, as a result of her rejection of the grant and refusal of being headmistress and government employee. She is thereby responsible for funding of the school herself, and can consider it a private institution where she can take outside donations to help offset costs coming out of pocket. No funds from the treasury will be allotted to the school as there is no government oversight.

Part II. On the framework of the prior proposal we institute a public school system in Drache with the following rules:

* A full and thorough audit, a yearly grant equal to estimated operating expenses plus 10% and a bi-annual review.
* If operations fall under budget, the review will find the grant decreased by that amount, but said surplus can be used by the school that following year in addition to the grant.
* Only emergency funds will be granted when the case warrants such action.
* The school will be under the jurisdiction of the City of Drache, which will oversee the appointment of a headmaster or headmistress.

Vote yay or nay on each part of the proposal.
Suzthulhu
Baron
Preferred Title: Great Old One
Characters: All of them.

Re: For City Council Vote 22.V.489

Post by Suzthulhu »

Natalia thinks this sounds reasonable, and votes YAY.
Elitist Dicks Only
dragonwielder
Knight
Preferred Title: dragonwielder
Characters: Aldenaxk, Nicholas, Arreon, Aliana, Neakas, Jerichoni, jeffrey, Arkchar, Jorvek,

Post by dragonwielder »

On the first part. She has refused the grant and to be a government employee. We have no right to take it away without her consent. I say Yay.

On the second part, if we establish a school system without taking away Aridia's school. I say Yay.
"Arthur, have some faith. Stop doubtin me! I have a plan. we just need more time....and money. We'll grab a boat and go to TAHITI"
TheOtherOne
Esquire
Preferred Title: TheOtherOne
Characters: Daien and others!

Post by TheOtherOne »

Well, this is unexpected, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. I vote Yay on both proposals.

I would be interested in discussing the syllabus of the school, or who would be in charge of setting it, be it the headmaster, or anyone else, and whether there'd be parameters set for said headmaster to decide the syllabus.
Riddy
Knight
Preferred Title: Riddy
Characters: Varatryx Elisvir, Drama, Day, Evening, Elapidae, Ikara Tivaurd, Malisha Redlain, Larissa Rook, Bambi Thanatira, Warner Valenti

Post by Riddy »

As it was originally assumed that she had the option to take or leave the proposal, I also vote in favor.
Oblivioncalls
Civic Guard
Characters: Ulfric Brynjolf
Lane Silverbow
Merik Blackwater
Luciana Arana
Alejandra Castilleja
Kurina Ironcleaver
Kieran Creed
Haunt

Post by Oblivioncalls »

Councilman Silverbow votes Yay on both parts of the proposal. The Yays have it, no further discussion is necessary.