Grim tidings

Drache's City Hall, home to the mayor's office and the city council.
dragonwielder
Knight
Preferred Title: dragonwielder
Characters: Aldenaxk, Nicholas, Arreon, Aliana, Neakas, Jerichoni, jeffrey, Arkchar, Jorvek,

Grim tidings

Post by dragonwielder »

Im sure a few of you have heard, and those who haven't, prepare for a ride. I lost a leg in the Elgar recently, and it was painful, naturally. But the urgency is in what I lost my leg to. I also know the sun turned red for a day. I don't know if these are connected with what I experienced. I honestly don't know anything, and all I feel is confusion. So I'm going to tell the story, what I saw.

It all began normally, as normal as the Elgar could be. Me and a few adventurers I had gathered we're transporting a supply caravan to a settlement in mazewood. Despite being full of life, the forest was silent.as we got deeper, the trees had less and less leaves. Until we got to the point where there were none at all, the ground was barren dirt, and it was winter cold. Unwisely, we kept going. Eventually, the caravan was attacked by odd, terrible creatures. One was a giant flying serpent, with slimy red fleshy skin, and ribs over the skin that served as armor. It was able to spit air bullets capable of sending a man flying. It came with a swarm of flying creatures, skinless human heads support by ribcages, the heads having razor sharp teeth. It is these which ripped off my leg while we were trying to get the carts away. I passed out from shock, and woke up. The adventurers had gotten me to the settlement after killing the beasts. We rested there for a day, and I rested in a cot.

There wasn't safety for long, however. The night raid came, the settlement gates were blown open. Wolves walking on spider legs with scorpion tails, skin dark red, charged trough the gates in hordes. Behind it them was a 9 foot tall bone creature with a massive sword, six glowing eyes, and an abyss of darkness for a face.

The adventurers helped the guards evacuate people to the medical tent, where I was residing. I used my teleport crystal to get us all out just in time, I saw the creature's eyes as it cut the roof off of the building before we teleported.

I am now safe, but without a leg. But I have people without homes that came with me, they're camping outside of town.

From what the mazewood elves told me, this odd invasion started a month ago after sightings of a strange cult in their forest. It's been slowly spreading ever since. They spawn from glowing red cracks in the ground, which are also spreading further and further throughout the Elgar, no signs of stopping. As the village elder told me.

I do not know what is going on, but I thought it a concern I should bring up. You never know what could be a threat to transdariana itself as well. I don't know if they're connected, but the sun turning red right as mazewood was overtaken does cause me some concern.

As for the people with no home, I know a village of friendly orcs, odd as it may be, that live by the sea. Exiled from their original home themselves, they'll likely accept the elves with open arms.

I have no proof as to all this, save for my torn off leg. But I wished to give a warning either way, as the council can help me figure this out.

-Nicholas
"Arthur, have some faith. Stop doubtin me! I have a plan. we just need more time....and money. We'll grab a boat and go to TAHITI"
Oblivioncalls
Civic Guard
Characters: Ulfric Brynjolf
Lane Silverbow
Merik Blackwater
Luciana Arana
Alejandra Castilleja
Kurina Ironcleaver
Kieran Creed
Haunt

Re: Grim tidings

Post by Oblivioncalls »

A copy of Nicholas’ letter is attached to his prior report and Lane’s response is sent back along with a copy left for the rest of the council.
I hope this missive finds you as well as one can expect missing a leg. I have received a similar report, from Zuria. As I stated in my report to the guard, I cannot in good conscience commit civic guard forces to an all out defense against an enemy we are not even sure is coming here. I have, however, sent a word to the provincial guard, in the hopes that they may stem whatever tide is headed this way, giving us time to prepare if need be, and the civic guard has been notified of the imminent threat.

By my hand,
Arms-Sergeant, Councilman, Lane Silverbow
TheOtherOne
Esquire
Preferred Title: TheOtherOne
Characters: Daien and others!

Post by TheOtherOne »

Daien would respond in a similar manner, stating the following:
I have read the report, and of course seen the situation with the sun with my own eyes.

The first order of business before we decide that this is related to Drache, is to see where the Red Sun was seen. If it was seen all over, then that is that, but if we understand the limits of where it was observed, we can figure out where the epicenter of this magical event is occurring. Once that is done, we likely have, at the very least, where the trouble will occur. I suggest scouts be sent to establish this outline and a map be drawn up. In the meantime, I will consult with my Gatewatchers.

Furthermore, pursuant to your point about the elves, please do not put them anywhere near orcs, no matter how pleasant you find them to be. For everyone's sake.

By my hand,
Councilman Daien Me`rael
Suzthulhu
Baron
Preferred Title: Great Old One
Characters: All of them.

Post by Suzthulhu »

Natalia would respond in kind:

You have my utmost sympathies in the loss of your leg, Vorfon, and I do hope that you have sought healing. I am leaning with my fellow council members here in that we cannot commit civic guards to this threat until it becomes more clear. If we can spare scouts to collect information, that is one thing, but committing the entire guard to a threat we do not yet have would be irresponsible and would stretch the guard too thin, I fear.

Signed by my hand,

Natalia Derseblan
Elitist Dicks Only
dragonwielder
Knight
Characters: Aldenaxk, Nicholas, Arreon, Aliana, Neakas, Jerichoni, jeffrey, Arkchar, Jorvek,

Post by dragonwielder »

The post is written in fine cursive, and seems a bit crumpled. He likely grabbed a spare piece of paper in a hurry.

Indeed, we shouldn't waste our own guards. Keep them here, we'll need them if anything scary arises anyways. As for scouts, leave it to me. I have a few adventurers in mind that could handle the issue. Keep the provincial guard on alert, this is, even if not a threat yet, quite alarming.

As for the elves. What do I do with them? If this is true regarding how it's spreading, we'll have more and more refugees seeking shelter. What are we to do about this? It's something that should be debated as well.

(As a note, sorry for my late response. I had this page open and my week was super busy. I never saw anymore responses other than Ian's because in my business, I never thought to refresh the page.)
"Arthur, have some faith. Stop doubtin me! I have a plan. we just need more time....and money. We'll grab a boat and go to TAHITI"
Oblivioncalls
Civic Guard
Characters: Ulfric Brynjolf
Lane Silverbow
Merik Blackwater
Luciana Arana
Alejandra Castilleja
Kurina Ironcleaver
Kieran Creed
Haunt

Post by Oblivioncalls »

Drache does not necessarily have the room to house and feed a large number of refugees, and without a number given to the amount of refugees, hazarding a guess at where they might be housed is impossible.

If we are capable of taking care of the refugees in the meantime, what happens afterwards?

By my hand,
Arms-Sergeant, Councilman, Lane Silverbow
dragonwielder
Knight

Post by dragonwielder »

This is why I reccomend the orc village. They're a clan of peaceful orcs. They live off of the land instead of raiding. I do trade with them.

They would happily accept the refugees, as they were once in the same position.