For City Council Vote 27.VIII.489

Drache's City Hall, home to the mayor's office and the city council.
Oblivioncalls
Civic Guard
Characters: Ulfric Brynjolf
Lane Silverbow
Merik Blackwater
Luciana Arana
Alejandra Castilleja
Kurina Ironcleaver
Kieran Creed
Haunt

For City Council Vote 27.VIII.489

Post by Oblivioncalls »

We've received a letter from one Maledicia Bloodlotus, Fey'ri, the topic of which seems to be concerning her magical studies and residing in Drache for the meantime.

Fey`ri, like Tieflings and Tanarukks, are halfbreeds of an abyssal nature, though Edict 171 is not clear with regards to these halfbreeds. However, the threat of them posing a danger to the populace is a serious one. Before we even consider her offer, I feel we should take a vote on whether or not this is a risk worth taking, even with her offer of assistance against those that utilize necromancy for malevolent purposes.

I am at present undecided until I hear arguments for or against. I will however pass her letter around for those that wish to read it and decide for yourselves.

( Letter is here: https://www.blkdragon.com/forums/viewto ... 3683#p3683 )
TheOtherOne
Esquire
Preferred Title: TheOtherOne
Characters: Daien and others!

Re: For City Council Vote 27.VIII.489

Post by TheOtherOne »

I met Tespin Bloodlotus in passing, and my only experience with her, is her showing genuine concern and assisting with carrying an old, blind man assaulted by thugs to the House of Healing. It's a positive experience, but of course it could be a front - I am simply accurately representing my experience with her.

I would suggest that we ask for references - If she has done as she has said, surely there'll be people from wherever she went ready to vouch for her. I also offer the services of the Gatewatchers in whatever capacity they can assist, since this involves the disruption of negative extradimensional forces such as necromancy and demonology.

I lean towards allowing it, but I wished to provide my experience with her and my suggestions.
Suzthulhu
Baron
Preferred Title: Great Old One
Characters: All of them.

Post by Suzthulhu »

I am concerned about her abyssal heritage. Who's to say she couldn't turn on us in an instant if that part of her took over? I am leaning towards allowing it, but I would request that we have a hearing with her to determine her motivations for coming to Drache of all places for her studies.

- Natalia Derseblan
Elitist Dicks Only
Oblivioncalls
Civic Guard
Lane Silverbow
Merik Blackwater
Luciana Arana
Alejandra Castilleja
Kurina Ironcleaver
Kieran Creed
Haunt

Post by Oblivioncalls »

I think sourcing references and having a hearing is a fine idea, and will certainly give us better insight one way or the other. Are there any objections to this? If not, I believe we should consider scheduling a hearing in short order so as to not waste time on the matter. If we find she is being truthful then we shouldn't delay her studies otherwise.
TheOtherOne
Esquire

Post by TheOtherOne »

Then, if everything is alright - I shall go meet her, and ask her to list her references in a letter and send them to us, and have the verification of the sourcing prepared until the date of the meeting.
Oblivioncalls
Civic Guard
Lane Silverbow
Merik Blackwater
Luciana Arana
Alejandra Castilleja
Kurina Ironcleaver
Kieran Creed
Haunt

Post by Oblivioncalls »

Agreed. You can set up the hearing with her as well, we'll settle for City Hall a week from today if everyone is good with that.
dragonwielder
Knight
Preferred Title: dragonwielder
Characters: Aldenaxk, Nicholas, Arreon, Aliana, Neakas, Jerichoni, jeffrey, Arkchar, Jorvek,

Post by dragonwielder »

I see no issue with this. Let us have this hearing. It's giving her a chance instead of outright dismissal. I say yay.

-Nicholas Baroque
"Arthur, have some faith. Stop doubtin me! I have a plan. we just need more time....and money. We'll grab a boat and go to TAHITI"
TheOtherOne
Esquire

Post by TheOtherOne »

And so do I. Hearing is in a week, and she'll be informed to send her references now.
Oblivioncalls
Civic Guard
Lane Silverbow
Merik Blackwater
Luciana Arana
Alejandra Castilleja
Kurina Ironcleaver
Kieran Creed
Haunt

Post by Oblivioncalls »

As a reminder, no decisions have been made except to allow councilman Ma`rael to meet with her, and to conduct a formal inquiry so we can determine if she really does intend to lend her assistance or if this is all a game of smoke and mirrors to get us to lower our guard. Even if the council decides for this, I will insist she be under the purview of the Civic Guard to ensure that nothing goes awry.
TheOtherOne
Esquire

Post by TheOtherOne »

Being as I have had previous contact with the applicant and my positive experience with her outlined before, I would like to request that someone else hold the hearing to avoid the appearance of impropriety. I will however inform her of the meeting date and to turn over all her references.