May 2003 - Mail Achieves

Coordination and information for the various volunteers of BDI.
Jayne
Viscount
Preferred Title: Nymphadora
Characters: [Main Characters]
Lucinda Darke
Nixlya Silkire
Apple/Faedre
Inessa Deathsong
Kaitlyn

Re: May 2003 - Mail Achieves

Post by Jayne »

A letter to Ashlan
Author: Jack Allen
Date: 23rd May 2003

to whom it may concern,

A meeting will be required between the client, hereafter known as party A, and myself, hereafter known as party B, before any contracts are signed and decided upon. Alijac Protection Agency, hereafter known as party C, is currently based in the Black Dragon Inn and therefore that is where party B shall be.

Jackal Elcrys
Jayne
Viscount
Lucinda Darke
Nixlya Silkire
Apple/Faedre
Inessa Deathsong
Kaitlyn

Post by Jayne »

A letter to Ashlan
Author: Catherine
Date: 23rd May 2003
Part 2/2

Ashlan returns a response the same way she sent the first one through Dulcina and tips her another hundred gold for the delivery of it.

To whom it may concern,

I would like to arrange the meeting with party B and C on Tuesday night around 9 to 10 PM in the evening over drinks for the discussion of contracts and such business that we all wish to conduct.

Thank you for your time,
Ashlan
Jayne
Viscount
Lucinda Darke
Nixlya Silkire
Apple/Faedre
Inessa Deathsong
Kaitlyn

Post by Jayne »

A Letter To Cap. von Stahl
Author: The Valheru
Date: 24th May 2003

~A letter arrived at the guardhouse, written in immaculately-penned black ink on simple parchment - As one would expect of a letter, unsurprisingly.

Captain von Stahl,

It has come to my attention that a plague is descending upon Drache. Again. Incidentally, I find myself in need of work at the same time.

Coincidence? I think not. Lucky? I think so. I have served as a beasthunter on and off over my years, and my immunity to disease, and near-immunity to poisons make me a good candidate at such work.

Should you require the services of a good beasthunter, feel free to contact myself, Legionia Foaroita, at the Black Dragon Inn.

Sincerest,

Legionia

~Signed with a flourish.
Jayne
Viscount
Lucinda Darke
Nixlya Silkire
Apple/Faedre
Inessa Deathsong
Kaitlyn

Post by Jayne »

A Letter to the Magistrate
Author: Jack Allen
Date: 25th May 2003

A dirty envelope would be handed to a guard from a man who looked as if he had been through hell. upon delivering said letter the man would be found dead, his throat slit and his lips sewn together. upon opening the envelope, a badly penned letter with spots of blood and ash would fall out.

To the Magistrate of Drache,

this is most likely the only letter I shall be able to send and I only pray that it reaches you in time to take action. a man in black has been destroying cities piece by piece until there is nothing left, killing everyone from criminals to children. we have not discovered why as of yet, and judging by the lack of military, we never will. please, take action against this man, he is utterly without remorse and cunning to boot. do not allow your country to suffer as ours did, protect your people! your children!

professionally yours,
Saen Greal, head commander of Homeland defense for the Kingdom of Firce
Jayne
Viscount
Lucinda Darke
Nixlya Silkire
Apple/Faedre
Inessa Deathsong
Kaitlyn

Post by Jayne »

Post moved.
Last edited by Jayne on Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jayne
Viscount
Lucinda Darke
Nixlya Silkire
Apple/Faedre
Inessa Deathsong
Kaitlyn

Post by Jayne »

Report: The Second Death of Jah Kahn
Author: Tom Long
Date: 27th May 2003

To Captain Von Stahl,

On the evening of Sundas last, I entered the Inn of the Black Dragon on my night off in order to enjoy a drink on my way home to West Drache. Therein I found Armsman Brason Spyre attempting to control a situation involving a number of Alesians and a demon many of the Guard, including myself, are familiar with, having dispatched him last year: the unicorn-headed pit-spawn known as Jah Kahn.

On comparing my own impressions later with that of Armsman Spyre, I have confirmed that the Alesians were clearly in the right. The demon had been attempting to force himself on a lady present and the two foreigners began to put a stop to it while also agitating for a fight, as Alesians are wont. Spyre was quite familiar with the law regarding demons and their obliteration, but had concern for the safety of the Inn's occupants. The Alesians can perhaps be forgiven their neglect on that regard, as my understanding is that they are more used to military camps than places of civilian recreation. Spyre thought he had defused the situation, but Kahn only returned with a crossbow pointed at the Alesians.

I was about to try and have the demon, loquacious as he is, talk with me outside regarding the matter and then put an end to him on the lawn, both for civilian safety and ease of dragging the carcass to the Dire sheep pen, when another patron intervened. A winged elf attacked the beast and a brawl quickly ensued (which the elf avoided. I would have slapped him in stocks had I the chance). On my orders, Spyre did an admirable job of keeping civilians out of the way of the fight, which we managed to divert outside when the demon attempted to flee. Outside, after a lengthy battle, Kahn was once again dispatched to the pits, though how long he will remain there is unknown.

I must first commend Armsman Brason Spyre for his bravery in confronting such a dangerous foe while still rather green. His skill was equal to the task, and his heart never faltered.

The man who delivered the final blows with Spyre was an Alesian soldier whose name is uncertain but who's alias seems to be 'The Muffin Man.' With characteristic Alesian lack of tact and eagerness for bloodshed, he distinguished himself in battle and in fortitude, for he was dealt a near mortal blow during the battle. Kahn's sword sheared off his arm at the shoulder and the man is still in critical condition. In addition to now commending him, I have taken the liberty of removing him to the Guardhouse for treatment and used what weight my rank gave me to give priority to stabilizing him.

His companion, and obvious Superior was an Alesian mage, I believe being Prince Etaudus Paralor himself, though I could not confirm before writing this report. He as well is to be commended for his unimpeachable spellcasting which was both clever and infinitely useful. He too was minorly injured, but I don't believe he chose to take Guard healing.

In all, though I had experience with Kahn previously and was able to direct some of the combat, his defeat would not have been possible without both Armsman Spyre and the two Alesians' aid. I have no love of that war loving race, but my dislike is always tempered with respect.

The body of the demon disappeared, but all available evidence suggests his destruction and possible banishment, rather than a teleportation spell. He utilized such a spell during the battle, and it's visible effect was quite different.

No other civilians were injured in the battle and the only other damage was to the Inn itself, which, as My Captain knows, is self-repairing. All involved took some injuries, though only the first Alesian's was life-threatening.

I am, Sir, your loyal man,
Arms-Corporal Sune Kadmos,
Currently Assigned to the Podar ul-Sinettatel
Jayne
Viscount
Lucinda Darke
Nixlya Silkire
Apple/Faedre
Inessa Deathsong
Kaitlyn

Post by Jayne »

Report: The Second Death of Jah Kahn: Kahn's Tale
Author: WilliamT. Hill
Date: 28th May 2003

Bastards! Jah spat out as he sat in his throne of bones and granite blocks. His sword was beside him, leaning on the arm of the throne. The Armageddon's Render was Jah's fourth weapon he had made by Hephastus, smith of the abyss. The blade was polished and cleaned of Muffin's blood and the sticky goo that a certain guardsman, Sune Kadmos, to be exact, had employed to slow Jah down. That being done, Jah sat in his throne, the polishing rag and pieces of sharping stone next to him on the floor. The lord of the abyss or very little of the abyss now, since he was deposed by the guard the first time with the help of Triolus Pyrder and other champions.

Jah sat in his throne, rubbing the top of his nose whilst grumbling, as he thought of his failed attempt to procure an Allesian lady to try and extract the details and whereabouts of Elluria. Guile didn't work. The problem was compounded by the fact a certain Allesian bodyguard of the eminent Prince Paralor, name Muffin, continued to insult and taunt Jah. Jah was old and getting a bit more wiser in the ways of dealing with the nuances of species and races but he still didn't turn down a challenge when one was presented. Having been told to simply leave in the colorful Allesian version of "leave us a lone", Jah had tried to simplify things and make short work and an example out of Muffin by firing a crossbow round into his brain and rendering the dangerous Allesian harmless. Unfortunately, his sneaky tactic was ended by a being that thought intervening on Jah's plans was best. The fight then broke out with a guard trying to quell things and more guards showing up.

Jah knew the rules concerning fighting in the Black Dragon Inn. Dulcy's rules. Having been hit a few times by her mastercrafted frying pan of doom, he drew everyone outside that chose to take a stand against his evil intentions. Plus it was easier to open up with his aforementioned great sword and try and hack the defenders and guards to bits. Alas, unknown to Jah, Etaudus was a mage. Etaudus evened the odds of the fight for the crowd come to depose of Jah by turning the ground into a muddy sludge that made for a lot of slipping and sliding for both Jah and guard. Muffin stayed with Etaudus to protect him from the chance Jah broke free from the slop hole where he was fighting Branson and Sune Kadmos. Thrown weapons were exchanged and the fighting was well underway with Sune using a naginata, Branson using a broadsword and throwing knives and Etaudus his spells.

Little were they aware of the fact Jah had taken great pains to ensure his survivability for future conquests and hellraising. He had taken to wearing a chainmail shirt which made it difficult for Branson and Sune to land blows. Sune succeeded in slicing his naginata across the bridge of Jah's equine nose. That hurt and would eventually scar.

It seemed as if the odds were against the lord of hell but he wasn't without his own brand of magic. After a couple attempts and holding off the royal guard, he succeeded in teleporting behind Etaudus with his great sword upraised to finish the warrior mage once and for good. Jah Kahn, demonlord, did not count on Muffin's unfaltering loyalty to his liege lord and thus shoved him aside as Jah brought his blade down, all his strength behind the infernal weapon. Etaudus survived intact but Muffin lost an arm and a substantial amount of blood, leaving him near death upon the porch. Etaudus managed to return to the fight. Managing to drive his gladius through Jah's cloak of warding and through his arm and back through the cloak, the prince distracted Jah as Sune and Branson recovered from their surprise and charge towards the porch. Sune attempted to slow the mighty demonlord by spraying his injured arm with webbing and thus completely hampering any further use of the arm.

By then, Branson had waged a counterattack on Jah as the lord of the abyss tried to roast the undefended Etaudus with his fiery breath. The prince stepped back to try and gain distance between Jah and his hellfire, only to trip on the porch railing and fall to the ground below, thus saving him from full immolation.

Muffin, the valiant trash talking bodyguard of Prince Paralor, managed to regain his strength one more time and hamstring Jah. It was a brave move that could've cost Muffin his life as Jah fell over ontop of him then crashed through the floorboards. Backup spells in the lord's armor teleported him back to the depths of hell to plot, scheme, and gripe.

There Jah sat upon his throne of rock and bone, plotting. Plotting to try and achieve a foothold upon the planar shores of Elluria. Plotting to find another foothold in the multiverse so he can pilfer, plunder, rape, pillage, raze and feast upon the souls and the resources of the Allesian homeland.

They were a warlike people that had just gotten a taste of Jah, giving them a look into a future of possible darkness.
Jayne
Viscount
Lucinda Darke
Nixlya Silkire
Apple/Faedre
Inessa Deathsong
Kaitlyn

Post by Jayne »

Correspondence of Thieves
Author: Igor Kossov
Date: 28th May 2003

NOTE: Unsure if it is a continuation because it bares the same name

His eyes blazed green in the darkness from under the hood and he lifted his highly symbolic weapon.

"Stillness or death," he grinned at the two shapes that stood before him. "Only fortune remains."

"So you killed them?" asked a fellow thief as he munched on some food. The stainglass windows of the gathering place cast dim multicolored light on the two.

The scythe-bearer nodded affimatively and removed his hood. Scars overlaid the once and still handsome features. His grin was like the reaper's.

"Of course. How could I not kill them, when I decidedly had to kill them?"

"Mmhm," responded the fellow thief whose name was Jayce. "So what's this whole thing about a spy?"

"That's not my secret Carlyle. If it was... I still wouldn't tell you. This is Markham's job."

"Gee, thanks," muttered Jayce and sipped a cup of tea. "You go around with some harmless bad elements of Drache. Meanwhile I have to sift through craggy, old, disgusting, -undead- filed ruins."

"Would that I wield this scythe in the face of the undead and lay them all to rest, Father Death willing..."

"It's a bloody job mismatch..."

"Ah, but here comes the Grey. If he wielded higher thought like he wields a knife, he would have made an excellent addition to the brotherhood.."

Indeed it was Markham, who at the moment was as far from esoteric chimaeric thoughts about the nature of existence as any day. His quick and silent stride, his purposeful forward gaze, yet still with the darting eyes of a rogue, all bespoke of business.

"Allright Nock. Did she do anything suspicious?"

"Allright Grey." Nock looked around and squinted at the extra person. "Beat it Carlyle."

Jayce walked away, grumbling under his breath. The scythe-wielder turned back to the elf.

"She did not. She did however talk to some sort of man. This tall, and not much to talk of in terms of features..." Nock briefly described him.

"Right. That's who tried to take my pouch. Outside Black Dragon Inn. Anything else?"

"You know how this goes. You said three days. Obviously you don't expect her to be stupid enough to contact her friends in the course of these three days. Let us admit her inside but always keep her at arms' length away. The only people who speak to her about business will be us. And when she gets impatient and goes to contact, we will know for sure."

"She does not count on our carefulness..."

"Nor our tenacity..."

"Nor our experience either. You have done well Nock."

"Your compliments are meaningless, Grey, and if I recall, you are not fond of them either. Let's drop it. You said to meet the street rat back in the alley at the hour of two. From then on, she's all yours. And now.." The scythe-wielder arose and walked out of the room, the weapon's wooden pole tapping against the cool, dusty stone of the gathering place. Markham followed him with a gaze, and in a few seconds, with motion. Bremen had been informed. But for now it was time to work...