The Talamar Syndicate

Discussion of the various things regarding the setting itself, such as large changes to culture, politics or geography.
Nymphetamine
Admin
Preferred Title: Marog the Destroyer
Characters: Aezra
Azalia Stygian
Eliya Almakira al-Fasaad
Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak

The Talamar Syndicate

Post by Nymphetamine »

My crime syndicate that was operating in Bahija, Allesia and up the eastlands of Veth. They were supposedly setting up cells for operation in Drache a few years ago for a plot that I never finished.

But here's their info, and I'll probably update it for official submission.

The Talamar are a group of criminals that operate on a very wide scale throughout a vast territory spread over the continent of Veth. With the use of scrying magic, they are able to coordinate with other cells operating in distant cities and with the mobile cells.

Cells use varied means of identifying themselves to one another. Small tokens made from the talismans from the local deities or coin are often times knotched with a code on the outer rim of it. The Talamar also employ hand gestures, coded phrases, as well as a written cypher. Those on the Ruling Council are required to know all of these forms, though the members are frequently only taught one or two phrases, and a few of the hand signs to identify one another.

Governed by the Ruling Council, the organization operates across the countinent, staging scrying meetings twice a month for updates of individual cells and to further communicate the organization and positioning of the travelling cells. The Ruling Council consists of the leaders of all operating cells, in addition to the founding members of the organization. These meetings are conducted via silver mirrored bowls of water, enchanted especially to connect to one another during the meeting rituals.

Several ranks exist in the Talamar. Rules and regulations govern all members of the syndicate. Harsh discipline ensures compliance. Betrayal is not tolerated and the penalty of betrayal is a slow death. Anyone found assisting a traitor is considered a traitor and dealt with in like manner.

Initiates and recruits are treated with suspicion and often times with disdain. They are the lowest of the low, and generally not trusted on their own for anything. They are forbidden from knowing more than just the basics as to how the cells identify themselves to one another. Depending on the individual leaders of that particular cell, a new member can remain in this state for some time. Any acts that could even be minorly construed as betrayal are dealt with swiftly.

* The Drache cell of the Talamar is run by a middle class woman named Dekressa Pallod, native to the city. Recruited into the Talamar at a young age, she has steadily climbed the ranks to her appointment to the Ruling Council and her position as the Drachian cell's leadership.

Major NPCs:

Verinn ul-Rantish: The head of one of the travelling cell that moves between Sh'hazarid and Drache, usually moving slaves, spices, opiates and other types of drugs.

Dekressa Pallod: The leader of the local cell in Drache, a woman born to a prostitude, father unknown, within the city. Her life has always been a rough one, full of the sort of poverty and tragedy that one from such a humble beginning could be expected to endured. She was a petty thief from a young age, and was eventually recruited to the Talamar by the previous cell leader. Upon his fall in a recent skirmish, she was appointed by the Ruling Council to the position of leader, which she holds tenuously and faces opposition within her own cell both for her relative youth, and her gender by some.
Suzthulhu
Baron
Preferred Title: Great Old One
Characters: All of them.

Re: The Talamar Syndicate

Post by Suzthulhu »

Add them to the wiki! They'd be great for an "Organizations" category or something like that, along with the Beady Eye, etc .
Elitist Dicks Only
Nymphetamine
Admin
Preferred Title: Marog the Destroyer
Characters: Aezra
Azalia Stygian
Eliya Almakira al-Fasaad
Ianesene
Isabelle Auxerre
Nesira Vertal
Rix
Senkessa Silak-Dekhal
Siraz'jah Av'Zathrak

Re: The Talamar Syndicate

Post by Nymphetamine »

Eventually! When I flesh them out a bit more than that. Those were all the notes I wrote for the SL thing I was gonna run back in 2009. And then my operatives that were playing part of the Drachean cell kinda imploded. Letting people play the bad guys is all fun and good, but not giving them a leader and just GMing them was a bad idea. Oops.