|Full Name:||Ooze Zero (True Name Unknown), Uzzo Salksilek|
|Race:||Extraplanar Ooze, Non-elemental|
|Date of Birth:||486 ER|
|Country of Origin:||Southern Arangoth (Extraplanar Origin)|
|Hair Color:||Variable (Default: Black)|
|Eye Color:||Variable (Default: Dull Emerald)|
|Height:||Variable (Default: 6’3”|
|Aliases:||Arangire Uzzo Salksilek, Thron ul-Siladossa|
|Creed:||Order from Chaos, Might Makes Right|
|Occupation:||Arangire of Transdariania, Thron ul-Siladossa (Southern Margrave)|
Uzzo was not given birth, but rather, being an ooze, is a biological clone of the ooze that spawned him. The creature in question was a sentient extraplanar ooze, one seemingly capable of planar travel by some form or another. Why it came to this plane in particular or why it decided to fracture its mass to produce Uzzo are questions with no confirmed answer, and when queried the capricious entity only responded simply: "Because I felt like it. I could devour you if you'd prefer to be a part of me again?" Needless to say, this wasn't a favourable option for the neonate Uzzo. With whatever unknown business concluded that brought it to the plane to begin with, it wished the newly born ooze luck in its journey, offered it a few pieces of advice, a parting gift, and then departed the plane the same way it arrived. Before it left, it bestowed its True Name, along with a half-assed nickname as it noted, "Since there are no others of our kind here, I guess that makes you the first real one to make this its home. But, since I'm Ooze Number One that'd make you Ooze Number Zero. Ooze-0. Uzzo. Get it?" It then proceeded to laugh far too hard and far longer than anyone should ever feel comfortable doing so at their own jokes, proclaimed that the joke itself was far too funny to be truly appreciated by a newborn, and thankfully before Uzzo could lose any more respect than he currently had for his progenitor it skipped out on the plane as casually as it had arrived.
The pieces of advice were as follows:
- Only kill that which you intend to consume. If you can't consume it, why bother?
- Try to blend in with the sentient races, they get annoyed and violent if you eat them indiscriminately.
- Avoid zealots and anyone that claims to be altruistic, especially the religious ones of each. If you can't avoid them, eat them, but never trust either.
- Keep in mind that most species are fragile in comparison to yourself, you'll break them by accident if you aren't careful.
- Avoid The Progenitor under any and all circumstances. Seriously, it'll devour you without a second of hesitation. Avoid any plane it's taken root on.
- Survive. Easy enough, right?
And so, Uzzo rather aimlessly roamed the land, avoiding preying upon sentient species simply by happenstance since there was a plentiful natural bounty to take advantage of in its stead. Perhaps if the ooze had arrived during a famine or some similar strife he would have resorted to it without a second thought, but the need has never arisen thus far. Eventually he made his way to the city of Drache, which is where his story continues.
During the space of little more than two years, Uzzo has compiled an almost absurd number of accolades and merits in such a short span of time. On 12.X.486, Uzzo was issued a patent of nobility for his contributions to Drache. During the same year he also participated in Southern Arangoth's Civil War, taking part on the front lines in the decisive battle of the Northern Pass that forced the Crown to the negotiating table and ultimately resulted in the formation of the seven duchies. On 26.VI.487, Uzzo was appointed to the Drachean City Council after the Interim Council dissolved itself, as well as granting him special dispensation for the cultivation of poppy on his lands. Prior to the end of 487 he won the government contract for the reconstruction of Drache's Harbour following the Menxrukian terrorist attack that destroyed them. 8.II.488 Uzzo was granted Stewardship of Goat Island. On 12.II.488 he applied for a marriage license at the Chancellery, taking Gudrun as his wife and took on the shared last name Salksilek, a combination of the Arangothian words salk-ua (to creep) and sil (ocean), as a show of loyalty to their country and as something to sign on legal paperwork. Uzzo is also responsible for spearheading the military campaigns that annexed the provinces of Mhernettla and Mistgrove under the banner of Transdariania.
Uzzo has never been accused of having a colourful and vibrant personality, and if he has, it would be patently false. As one might expect from a monster born and driven by cold logic his personality is equally cold and measured, eloquent and impassioned. His demeanor is generally stoic and terse, though he's learned to apply wordplay and humour in casual conversation in an effort to more appropriately interact with others, though this is often made difficult to discern at times due to his flat, even manner of speech.
He rarely put on airs in casual interactions, however, he is well versed in noble court etiquette, and carries himself appropriately when dictated by more formal circumstances. Anyone of inferior status attempting to pull rank in his presence will immediately find themselves put in their place, as noble etiquette dictates any such uncouth behavior be addressed and corrected. The words of commoners carry little weight, however, he'll stand for absolutely no insult or sleight against his house or family without proper recompense amongst his noble peers.
Formless, amorphous, with a size and weight that varies heavily. Its default colouration is a deep black, which shines like wet obsidian in the light, though it can take on any shade or hue of colour that it desires. Uzzo's default humanoid form is that of a male human, slightly taller than average, short and slightly messy black hair, dull emerald green eyes and an appearance and physique that are best described as "plain" or "average" as not to draw too much attention. As a master of physical mimicry, what forms and appearance Uzzo can take are as wide and varied as the races and beasts are, and everything in between.
Abilities & Skills
- Territory Management: Uzzo has shown himself to be quite prolific in both efficiency and efficacy related to the logistics and expansion of economic and infrastructure of territorial management
- Agriculture: Uzzo is surprisingly well versed in the minutiae of a wide array of agricultural techniques
- Military Leadership: Having fought in the Arangothian Civil War and taken part in several military campaigns, Uzzo has risen to the position of Margrave to show for his capabilities in military operations
- Engineering: Methods of construction for infrastructure, defensive fortifications and other civil and military engineering purposes
- Blacksmithing: This is more of a hobby than anything else, and a means to an end for expanding his knowledge of metallurgy
- Martial/Armour Training: Uzzo has received classical sword training and is a well trained swordsman, as well as being a fairly skilled marksman with the bow, and he’s familiar with most forms of armour.
- Expert Spearman: Uzzo’s skill with a spear is much higher than other martial weapons, and has shown to be extremely adept at throwing them with a disturbing degree of accuracy and strength.
- Monstrous Strength: Uzzo, in his amorphous form, is an absolutely colossal entity, and his physical strength is extremely deceptive due to this detail. His entire body essentially functions as a hydraulic pump, giving him absurdly powerful lifting, pulling and throwing capabilities.
- Tireless Predator: Uzzo neither tires nor becomes exhausted, he can continue to physically exert himself indefinitely without the need for rest.
- Physical Resistance: Mundane physical attacks are extremely ineffective against his ooze body, and while not immune, he is capable of shrugging off most piercing, slashing, cutting, chopping and crushing attacks with seemingly no effect. Bludgeoning attacks are moderately more effective.
- Blindsight: Utilizing an amalgamation of senses similar to other species, along with a few that are completely alien in concept, the Blindsight of an ooze makes up for the lack of vision as a whole due to its entire body being a sensory membrane. Amongst these are a highly impressive sense of smell, the ability to sense vibrations in both the air and other materials, along with the ability to discern minute changes in air density and temperature. (Look up "Schlieren Flow Visualization" as a reference for how Uzzo perceives his surroundings). Due to being Blind he is immune to gaze attacks, visual effects, illusions and other types of attacks that rely on sight. Anything that does not have a direct effect on the physical plane cannot naturally be picked up with his senses. Additional unnatural senses alleviate this detail. (See: Eldritch Eye)
- Ooze Body: Due to being an Ooze, he is immune to poison, toxins, sleep effects, paralysis, polymorphing and acid.
- Cellular Gestalt: Rather than a single entity with a single mind or "will", Uzzo is comprised of millions of minds and wills that act in unison to process information and decide on courses of action. Due to the fine degree of control he can exert over his body as a whole, he can freely change the size, shape and colour of it, taking on the form of whatever his imagination desires, within the physical limitations that he has concerning his current mass. For example, if he alters his body into a smaller state, it would raise in density, whereas a larger state than his current mass would result in a lower density, his weight and itself remains a fixed attribute. Having control over his acidic body also allows him to render himself chemically inert as to interact with other organic material without affecting it adversely. This also serves to give him a high degree of resistance to mind affecting magicks and the like.
- Molecular Manipulation: Due to the expert control of its body, molecular manipulation is possible, albeit it limited and with several drawbacks. Once a piece of its mass has been manipulated into a different molecular alignment it is cut off from the main body's control and ceases to be a part of it for all intents and purposes. This change is permanent and the only way to regain a portion changed in this manner is to digest it and convert it back into mass, albeit at a lower ratio than the energy spent to create it since the digestion process itself requires an expenditure of time and energy. The alignment of its bodies makeup into crystalline arrangements similar to elements and other metals can result in extremely sharp and sturdy materials, as well as the extreme opposite end of the spectrum, resulting in highly brittle and heavily insulated materials.
- Corrosion: Digestion is done in a variety of methods, chief amongst which against organic and inorganic materials is his naturally acidic body. He can also break down organic materials on a cellular level directly with his own cells. Organic material is far more susceptible and easier to break down and digest, whereas inorganic materials require far more time and effort.
- Non-Elemental: Some oozes have an elemental affiliation, but as a non-elementally aligned ooze he has no weaknesses/vulnerabilities, nor immunities to any particular element.
- Extraplanar: Uzzo is a purely physical entity, not a magical beast, and as such cannot be banished with arcane or divine magic to his original plane despite being an extraplanar entity. His plane of origin is neither a higher nor lower plane, but rather a parallel plane, which means he is neither a fundamentally good nor evil creature.
- Partial Physical Ubiquity: The ability to physically exist and operate in multiple places at once. Parts that split off retain a single unified will, albeit cut off from one another beyond physical proximity, allowing Uzzo to go about his business as he pleases in various capacities with ease. Information, experience and knowledge are retained solely within each separate entity, which can be exchanged fully by physical contact between portions. The only innate sensory connection between portions consists of supernatural ability to sense the relative direction and distance at which one is from one another, as well as whether or not they still physically exist (IE, full destruction of a portion would result in a lack of this sense.) This sense does not function on separate planes, and some forms of external forces may inhibit or block it from functioning properly.
- Magic: While not a magical beast, the utilization of magical energies are possible the same as any other species. Due to the lack of fundamental training, and interference from his link with The Progenitor, this field remains by far the least notable of talents he possesses.
- Divine Magic: The Progenitor, like any God, can bestow several powers and spell-like abilities upon its kin. Fortunately for everyone, including Uzzo, he is currently ignorant of the full extent of these offerings. Examples of these powers would be Call (Ooze), Govern (Ooze) and Augment Calling (Ooze).
- Eldritch Eye: A supernatural technique utilized in order to sense the flow of arcane energies, mana and life essence.
- Consume (Arcana/Element/Essence): Upon acquiring a method of sensing the flow and manipulation of arcane, elemental and life energies, and in true fashion to its ooze nature, Uzzo avails himself of a new foodstuff: Magic and Elemental energies itself. Physical proximity is key to this supernatural ability to absorb these energies, either consuming it for sustenance as it would any physical substance to convert it into biomass, but also the ability to absorb and store it for use as fuel in its own endeavors. Items imbued with magic as well as spells can be absorbed, however, the process is slow enough that it offers only scant protection when on the receiving end of those of an offensive nature. Raw mana and spell matrices not fully formed on the other hand can be interrupted and absorbed with relative ease and celerity. Magical effects with lingering properties in contact with Uzzo can be corroded over time, essentially rendering permanent spell effects into temporary effects.
- Crystallize (Arcana/Element/Essence): A combination of Molecular Manipulation and Consume Arcana/Element/Essence. Consumed arcana and elemental energies can be imbued and consolidated into crystalline form, used to forge condensed reservoirs of mana and arcane energies whose powers can be drawn from with ease to power magical abilities at a later time, essentially creating external batteries of energy.
- Imbue (Arcana/Element): After consuming arcana and elemental energies, energy stores can be imbued into various mediums, including channeling them into objects, which can result in a variety of desired effects. Elements that have been adopted can have its qualities imbued and extended to objects in its proximity. Objects affected in this manner themselves will shift their elemental alignment, subsequently taking on both its strengths and weaknesses in the same manner as the one who imbued them. This process can only be maintained so long as Uzzo himself is attuned to the element in question, once shunting these qualities any imbued objects will have its connection to it cut off and lose its associated properties.
Adapt (Element): One of the most widespread traits of ooze-kind is its penchant for evolving to align and adapt themselves with their environments and taking on its qualities as their own. Uzzo has learned to sidestep this slow evolutionary process and hasten the rate of adaptation immeasurably. Once exposed to an element Uzzo can choose to adopt its traits as his own, taking on both its qualities and strengths, which serves as a double edged sword since it also means adopting its weaknesses and vulnerabilities to its opposing elemental forces. Adapting, as well as shunting its relationship with a specific element is not an instantaneous process, and as such a window of vulnerability to their natures exists before either is fully completed.
- Devour (Knowledge): After countless hours of studying and experimenting on Mwayambi blood worms, their hosts, as well as the Heart-Eater Obasi's remains, Uzzo learned how to mimic some of the traits of these creatures, specifically the ability to drain knowledge/memories from the minds of individuals. This isn't a particularly pretty affair, as Uzzo has to physically devour the brain of an individual, which for obvious reasons are unlikely to survive the process. The extent of the knowledge/memories that can be absorbed in this manner varies.
- Call (Ooze): A Divinely bestowed power obtained from his research from the Endless Manuscript, which belongs to the subset category of Calling in the Summoning area of magic. This spell creates a one-way ticket for a wide assortment of oozes, slimes, jellies and puddings, transporting them from distant locations and even other planes. Creatures called in this manner cannot be banished as they are not magically bound to a caster or area they were transported to, nor are they magically dominated or controlled. Fortunately Uzzo, being the ooze that he is, is capable of communicating with them, and is left with the task of bringing them to heel personally (often by force, or threat of force) if their services are required beyond doing what they would normally do and simply ravaging/devouring everything in the area like the mindless beasts they are.
- Govern (Ooze): This Divinely bestowed power allows Uzzo to dominate and command mindless oozes/slimes/jellies/puddings, it only functions when physical communication is available between the target and victim, whether it be through sound, body language or other non-magical means of interaction.
- Augment Calling (Ooze): By utilizing both the divinely bestowed powers of Call (Ooze), along with Govern (Ooze), Uzzo reaches within and beyond the veil of planar boundaries and drags others of his kind into his current plane, forcefully bending not only their wills, but their existences themselves and molding their form and function. How drastic these changes are depends heavily upon the creativity of their intended utilization.
- Bestow (True Name): Uzzo can imbue creatures, places and things with the power of True Names. This only functions if the target in question has never received a name prior to the fact, and is the primary method utilized in granting the Spark of Individuality and Will to the "offspring" separated from their own bodies.
- Cloudburst: This reflex bow is crafted from the horn, bone, blood and sinew of Klathrymagdon, the Tempest Ram, a colossal magical beast that terrorized the Khalars. This high poundage war bow has been heavily infused with the blessings of Wind, which carries arrows shot from its bow faster and further than a normal bow of its poundage. Magical and elemental energies can be channeled into the weapon to be released as destructive magical attacks, either in the form of a single focused attack, or a weaker wide area attack. Either way, it requires a minimum of three turns to complete the attack (charged on the first two rounds and released on the third round). After unleashing either of these attacks the bow is rendered inoperable for 24 hours.
- The Vicious Thorn: This spear bears the taint of The Dark. Injuries inflicted by this vicious weapon result in exacerbated, infected wounds that will begin to fester, rot and spread through the body until it consumes the target. It carries anti-coagulate properties so inflicted wounds are extremely difficult to staunch and stop bleeding. Low level mundane medicines and magical healing will slow the spread, however, moderately impressive medicines or magic are necessary to cleanse the taint from the targets body in its entirety.
- Bitterbrand (Frostbrand): This magical arming sword is crafted from a steel alloy tainted by The Dark, imbued with the element of Ice. When activated its black blade emits extreme cold, causing frostbite and ice damage to targets struck by it.
- Oozebane: This magical sword is sharp and extremely durable, but it was crafted for a single purpose; To slay oozes/slimes/jellies/puddings, and is capable of inflicting injuries that would normally be shrugged off by their physical resistances. Uzzo often wears this during ceremonial and formal court appearances, perhaps the irony is not lost on him.
- The Vestment of Beasts: This padded gambeson is crafted from thick, stacked layers of Drider silk treated with the blood of the Magma Wyrm Drogyoldiiv, woolen fleece and the toughened hide of the Tempest-Beast Klathrymagdon. Further reinforcement comes by way of sode-style overlapping Varstadi wyvern scale lames with kote-style sleeves, along with large shield-like pauldrons. The armour imparts a high temperature and electricty resistance, along with a minor resistance to magical attacks, aside from the physical protection it imparts the wearer.
- The Cloak of Slime: This cloak is actually a living slime, which can change size, shape, texture and colour to the wearers preference. Aside from this it can also physically camouflage itself amongst its surroundings and given the wearer an impressive chameleon-like ability to blend in. This camouflage is entirely physical in nature, and requires the wearer to either be stationary or moving at slow speeds to accurately blend in.
- Dragonscale boots of Striding and Springing: These heavy armoured boots crafted from blackened dragon scales give the wearer a swifter step and increased jumping power.
- The Dark Torc: Allows the wearer to Animate Dead (skeletons only) 3/day, bone shield (create an aura of swirling bones to defend and reactive attack) 5/day, and bone arrow (create and launch a single bone like an arrow) at will. Due to its properties it generally remains within Uzzo’s Mhernettla territories, where the creation of undead is allowed under extenuating circumstances.
- Endless Manuscript: With the appearance of a journal bound in old, weathered and worn leather and filled with a dozen or two pieces of parchment, it would be easy to overlook this arcane item for what it actually is. The journal itself can only be given ownership to another creature voluntarily by its previous owner, otherwise it ceases to function and reverts back into a normal journal filled with sheets of parchment. At the owners behest, a fresh, blank sheet of parchment is produced when the page is turned to the next, adding another additional page to its contents. Regardless of how many pages are produced, the journal never changes in size nor weight, and any previous pages the owner has read can be flipped to on command if they have the page in mind. Any parchments removed crumble to dust the moment they leave the current owners hands, unless the page is given willingly, at which point it reverts to a normal piece of parchment containing the information written on it and is removed from the books contents completely. As to what information is contained within these pages is only known to its current owner, Uzzo, who has been attempting decipher its contents bit by bit while adding his own.
- The Book of Records: This magical tome contains a seemingly infinite number of pages, which can be flipped through as normal or turned to a page with specific knowledge if the user is familiar with the topic in question. When placed within a library, archive or other collection of physical or magical tomes, scrolls, books, et cetera, it will attune to its contents and copy all information within them into itself over a period of 24 hours. The Book of Records can only be attuned to a single library/archive at a time, and anything added or removed from the copied library after it’s been removed from its vicinity does not alter its contents. Attuning it to a different library will purge the contents of its previous attunement. At the moment, The Book of Records is currently attuned to contents of the Royal Archives of Castle Black on the date of 3.IX.489.
- Companion Journals: This magic set of journals are linked to one another and can be used to communicate at vast distances. Each book, once per day, can have the contents that are written into a blank page shared amongst the others attuned to it.
- 40lbs of Dark tainted iron alloy: This alloy absorbs heat (grants protection from fire) and emits cold (imbues weapons/armour with the element of Ice). Enough to make a 2x suits of armor, 4x shields, or 8x weapons or objects of similar size.